Marvel's Defenders: Street-Level Heroes (Started, but room for more!)

Started by Mathim, April 07, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithium

Totally open to forming some more relationships, hit me up!

Jessica Jones

Face Claim: Ira Chernova

Player Name: Lithium
Character Name: Jessica Jones
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Orientation: Bisexual

Skills and Abilities
  • Superhuman strength (she can lift an average car, albeit with some difficulty)
  • Enhanced endurance
  • Accelerated healing
  • Very limited flight
  • Hand to hand combat
  • Investigation
  • Drinking

Established Relationships

• Luke Cage: Jessica and Luke shared a brief, but intense on-again, off-again relationship which was complicated by the fact that she hid a terrible secret from him until the truth inevitably came out. Following recent events, they've taken some time apart, leaving things between them up in the air.
  • Frank Castle: The Punisher has really been putting a dent in New York City's underworld, and Jess has heard about several of his exploits through the grapevine. She's conflicted on whether or not she agrees with his methods, though they're obviously effective. She envies him in a way for his willingness to do whatever it takes, but she's unsure whether she can - or even wants - to do the same.
  • Mistky Knight: They had a few run ins back when Jess was still trying to play hero. Misty was that one annoying cop who was a little too good at her job and always seemed to show up to get in her way. At least, that's what Jess thought until the woman saved her ass and covered for her with the police on more than one occasion. When Misty contacted her a while later about getting into the P.I. field and needing help with a case, Jess felt obligated to accept, even though teamwork had never exactly been her thing. She certainly didn't expect that they'd actually become friends, but it ended up happening somehow, and they've been close ever since.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Pretty wide range of ons (see preferences in my profile), let's just take things as they come and see what happens.

Absolute No-Nos: Mostly the usual, doubt any of it will come up (again, see preferences).

TheBlackThrone

Hm...if Frank knows Luke, then I'm sure he may know or might have heard of Jessica. I need to break my laziness and write the relations for Luke Cage lol. It's not even long. Just a few sentences *sighs*
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Neysha

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 10:24:24 PM
I still need the names of your face claims. I like keeping track of actors or models who look like comic book characters come to life.

Olivia Holt, I'll add it to my bio.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

eternaldarkness

For those of you who don't know much about Cloak and Dagger and would like to read some comic book gold, here is an absolutely phenomenally-written article by a comic lover about them that breaks down their mythos, their character motivations and the essence of why they're 'street-level' perfectly. Well worth a read, and it gave me a lot of inspiration for some little character quirks to play Cloak well.

http://www.sidekickcast.com/cloak-dagger-1/
http://www.sidekickcast.com/cloak-dagger-2/

Juggtacular

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Alias: Luke Cage
Height: 6'6
Weight: 425lbs
Hair Color: Black(Bald)
Eye Color: Brown
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance:
Comparison:
Face Claim: Terry Crews

Background: The man who would come to be known as Luke Cage was born and raised in Harlem as Carl Lucas. His family wasn't poor. They made enough to get by, but in the hood that was usually never enough. And they didn't live in a great part of town. Carl was a good kid, but a good kid in a bad environment has a tendency to turn into a bad kid after long enough. By 14, he was selling on the street corner to help his parents pay the bills, and a few months later he was running with a gang called the Rivals.

He was always smart though, and never got caught. His friend Willis "Willie" Stryker though wasn't so smart, and Luke ended up in juvie quite a bit protecting him. It wasn't until he was 18 that Carl realized he was hurting his family, even if he was helping them out financially. So he turned away from crime, and got an honest job as a bodyguard. It paid really well and Carl was already huge, so it made sense. He and Stryker had chosen different paths, but the two remained friends.

However when Stryker's girlfriend broke up with him because she was afraid of his gangster lifestyle, she went to Luke for help. Stryker found out and assumed Luke was the reason she left, so he planted about three kilos of cocaine in his apartment and tipped off the police. He didn't even consider the fact that Carl was happily married. He was locked up immediately. In prison Luke was pissed because his best friend had betrayed him, and apparently his father died while he was behind bars. He got in fights constantly and was soon known as the big man on campus. Despite his actions, he was mostly a model prisoner.

And after a rather sadistic guard was found to be abusing him behind the scenes, the man was demoted and Carl was given a chance to turn his life around. Take place in an experimental study, and his entire criminal history would be expunged. Even his juvie record. He accepted. And the experiment though painful and nearly fatal, turned out to be a success. And after several more months of tests and experimentation, he was released with no record as promised. He went right back to New York and with some cash he'd saved, opened a bar called "Luke's". And during that time, his wife was killed.

Which was sort of the catalyst that set off the chain of events where he met Jessica Jones and had a wild adventure he wishes he could forget with her at the center. Considering she was the one who killed his wife and all. After his original bar was destroyed, he collected on the insurance and opened it right back up in another location. It pays the bills, but he also has a bit of a side business. People need help with things the cops can't do, so they come to him. A guy with unbreakable skin can solve a lot of problems.

Abilities:

Invulnerability - The experiment that granted Luke his powers hardened the molecular structure of his body to a level that is comparable to titanium steel, making him bulletproof, flame proof, etc... Though he claims his skin is simply "steel hard", his durability extends to his muscles and bones, allowing him to withstand extreme impact forces, explosions, and bladed weapons with no fear of harm. Softer organs like his eyes and brain are durable, but still somewhat fragile compared to the rest of him. As a result, he heals slightly faster than normal, about 1/3 speed. This is his bodies way of adding a bit of extra protection to compensate for the fact that should an internal injury occur, surgery and aid is nearly impossible because of his unbreakable skin.

Superhuman Strength - Like his durability, Luke's strength was increased to a level far beyond what a normal person, or even some superheroes can hope to reach. He is strong enough to toss cars, perform superhuman leaps, and bust through walls with ease. He has no idea just how strong he is, but he constantly trains and pushes himself to grow stronger.

Superhuman Stamina - Cage's cardiovascular system has been enhanced as well, allowing him to push himself to his limit and beyond for a longer amount of time than a normal person before exhaustion finally overtakes him.

Skills:
Brawler - Luke grew up in Harlem, and he didn't grow up in the good part. He was fighting when he was young, and he was fighting a lot. As a result he got really good at it. He got even better during his stint in prison, and is a skilled street fighter, utilizing his strength, holds, grapples, throws, and even dirty moves to great effect.
Educated - While he probably doesn't look like it, Luke is highly self taught, having learned as much as he could about law and the justice system while in prison. He also speaks multiple languages including Spanish and Russian.
Charismatic Speaker - Luke is just a likeable guy who knows how to say things the right way and how to put words together to inspire or uplift people. He can also make a person feel like trash with his words if he feels the need.

Luke has a leather jacket and a length of chain that were exposed to the same experiment as him, making them just as indestructible as he is and his main gear and weapons for fighting crime.(It's a bitch to always change clothes)

Established Relationships (where applicable):
Jessica Jones - Luke and Jessica had a wild fling, and from that sprung an ordeal that had a lot more downs than ups for the pair. Words were said, things were done(partially under the control of a psycho), but altogether it told the two they needed some time. He still has strong feelings for Ms. Jones though.

Frank Castle - The Punisher. He and Luke did hard time together, and they were the two toughest guys in the place. They could have run it if that was their goal, but each just wanted to do his time until he got out. They became decent friends after a few scraps on the yard and in the mess hall with the guys dumb enough to pick fights with them.

Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla, Public Sex, Anal, Oral, Rough Sex, Seduction, Foreplay, Roleplay
Absolute No-Nos: Gore, Vore, Scat, Blood, Watersports, etc...

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Alias: Eric Brooks/Blade
Height: 6'2
Weight: 215lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel/Glowing Yellow
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance:
Face Claim: Wesley Snipes

Background: Eric Brooks was born in Soho, London in 1929. The events surrounding his birth make him a unique case from all the other babies born that night though. Eric was literally in the process of being birthed when a vampire posing as a doctor named Deacon Frost nearly drained his mother of blood.

He was chased away as he got reckless during his feeding, but the strange occurence altered the infants genetic structure, turning him into a Dhampir before he was even out of his mother. Unfortunately, Tara died giving birth, as it was nearly impossible with so little strength left. Thankfully she was good friends with a Brothel mistress named Vanity, who'd known Eric's father. She took the boy in and became his legal guardian.

Growing up in a brothel was strange, but Eric had a good life, all the love and care he could ask for...plus he was surrounded by beautiful women at any given time. While still young, Eric came across a man named Jamal Afari and saved his life from some bangers who thought he'd disrespected them. Jamal found out what he was after the 14 year old threw a grown man like a ragdoll into a dumpster. He took pity on Eric though and decided to train him.

He's the one who first taught him what it was to be a vampire hunter, and was the inspiration for the name Blade. Over the next several decades, Blade has traveled the world hunting and slaughtering vampires where they lay to keep the world safe, and so no more sons will grow up without mothers because some bastard wanted a snack.

Abilities:

Daywalker - Eric Brooks was being born as his mother was bitten and drained by a powerful vampire known as Deacon Frost. The result was that his powers were transferred to the infant, granting him all the powers and strengths of a vampire, but almost none of their traditional weaknesses. What this means is that Blade is a vampire, but sunlight doesn't harm him. Stakes won't kill him, and holy water is bullshit. All the pros, none of the cons. Except the blood thirst. All vampires, even halflings like Blade need blood to survive. He has developed a serum to simulate the effects of blood on his system though so he usually forgoes feeding unless it's in dire times.

Enhanced Speed - Blade's vampiric speed is increased to the point where he can hold a conversation while swatting bullets out of the air with his sword, and he can move in bursts of speed so fast he seems to teleport.

Enhanced Strength - While there is no solid roof seen on Blade's strength, he is quite strong, able to move multiple tons and fight massive things that go bump in the night with his bare hands.

Superhuman Senses - As vampires are apex predators, all of their senses are heightened to extreme levels. And Blade is no different. He can smell a drop of blood a mile off, he can hear someones heartbeat, and he can see in total darkness. And he can actually sense mystical entities and objects. He uses his senses to great effect.

Healing Factor - Due to his vampiric nature, Blade has a natural ability to heal the damage done to his body that is not immediately fatal to him. It is an automatic process, but he can will it along to make himself heal faster, although blood is usually needed to help serious injuries. This also contributes to his seemingly immortal lifespan, as he has not aged since he reached adulthood in the 50's and is essentially a 90 year old man.

Enhanced Durability - Blade is a tough guy, and even without the body armor he usually coats himself in, he can take a beating like you wouldn't believe with a smile on his face. He's been buried under tons of rubble, slammed around by ancient vampires, and thrown through buildings. It's never stopped him for long.

Skills:

Master Martial Artist - Blade has been alive since 1929, and he's been fighting since about 1934, and under the various tutelage of multiple mentors , masters, and vampire hunters over the decades, Blade has become an extremely competent fighter versed in a number of disciplines that he combines into a unique style suitable to him and his powers.

Weapon Mastery - Since childhood, Blade has been fascinated with weapons. So he learned all he could about them. Blades, clubs, spears, swords, etc... He has trained in an obscene amount of weapons disciplines and can use nearly anything as comfortably as his own two fists. This extends to ranged weaponry as well, meaning Blade's accuracy with thrown weapons, bow and arrow, and guns is also seemingly superhuman.

Multi-Lingual - When you're as old as Eric, you pick up a few things. He's studied multiple languages in his life. A few include Japanese, German, and Romanian.

Gear/Weapons: Like a good friend of his, Blade walks around with a small arsenal at any given time, and has several large arsenals stashed around where he has easy eaccess. A large majority of his weapons are primarily made for hurting and killing vampires. Silver grenades, holy water and garlic weapons. Holy relics, silver bullets, etc... But they can just as easily be used on people, and he has plenty of normal bullets as well. His favorite weapon though is an Adamantium Odachi with a silver etching on the sides. Unbreakable and kills vampires quick and easy.

Established Relationships:
Deacon Frost[Nemesis]: Deacon is the vampire who killed Eric's mother, and turned him into a Dhampir in the process. One day Blade will drive a stake into his heart and give him his final death, up close and personal.
Whistler[Best Friend]: Abraham Whistler is Blade's latest "mentor", but is more like a partner. He helps Eric on his missions, helps with his tech, things of that nature.
Whistler Jr[Mentee/Teammate]" Abigail Whistler is every bit her fathers child. She's ruthless, good in a fight, and one of the best archer's he's ever seen.(Yeah, including Hawkeye).
Hannibal King[Grudging Teammate]: He's got a smart mouth, but he used to be a Familiar so he knows the ins and outs of vampire society, how things work. He even still has connections. There's a reason Blade keeps him around.

Frank Castle: The Punisher. Good guy. He and Blade met when they were both hunting the same creature. Frank was looking for mob types, Blade was looking for vampires. Well they both found what they were looking for when they turned out to be one in the same. Blade gave Frank the knowledge he'd need to wage war against the undead, and after teaming up to take down the nest, they parted ways on good terms. If they cross paths again, Frank knows Blade has his back and vice versa.
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Rough Sex, Biting, Blood draining(consensual only), public sex, seduction, foreplay, anal, oral, vanilla
Absolute No-Nos: Scat, Gore, Vore, Watersports, etc...

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 07:43:30 AM
Those face claims are perfect lol.

I know, right? How did it never cross my mind that Terry Crews could play Luke Cage? But also props to keeping Snipes as Blade, I just can't imagine anyone else being that perfect.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Mathim on April 10, 2016, 10:24:24 PM
I still need the names of your face claims. I like keeping track of actors or models who look like comic book characters come to life.

EDIT:
Face claim Tika Sumpter. I changed the model. This will do :)

Also as for relations I'm thinking. Since Misty has spent some time on the force and investigative rumors. She would of heard a lot about Daredevil

I think at this point she should know Luke Cage, maybe.

Jessica Jones she's heard of through Cage.

The Punisher has a long ass police file on him, so perhaps him to?

Praxis

Danny "Iron Fist" Rand it is...

wicked.

Need to write up a sheet and get approval.

Thanks for the heads up Mathim.

TheBlackThrone

As many times as he's been in and out of prison lol...she should know him. I'm contemplating starting him out in prison.  ^-^
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

TheBlackThrone

I have these relations so far:

Two Way Relation (meaning they both know or have heard of each other)

Blade
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Daredevil

Possibly one-way by Frank's reputation:

Misty Knight
Cloak and Dagger
The gates are open

Mathim

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 09:43:41 AM
As many times as he's been in and out of prison lol...she should know him. I'm contemplating starting him out in prison.  ^-^

That can easily be arranged, since the circumstances of them being called into action will make it extremely easy for him to escape.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Mathim on April 11, 2016, 11:09:52 AM
That can easily be arranged, since the circumstances of them being called into action will make it extremely easy for him to escape.

I want Matt Murdock to be the one to bail him out.  8-)
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Quote from: eternaldarkness on April 10, 2016, 09:39:36 PM
Mm, i do love Misty when she's well-written. I look forward to seeing your take on her, eve. Now all we need is a Colleen Wing, and the street-level heroes will be nearly complete.

You betcha handsome. I'm going to have fun with her.

Juggtacular

Glad you guys like my characters. :)

I look forward to writing with you all.

Also I'm fine with Stone having heard about Cage from Jones.

Sirian Eve

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 11, 2016, 01:07:20 PM
Oh yes and Blade, he can bite me any time. ;)

Misty Knight and Blade would make an interesting couple. Like Black Panther and Storm. ;D
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Quote from: Sirian Eve on April 11, 2016, 01:07:20 PM
Oh yes and Blade, he can bite me any time. ;)

Well since you're offering so generously.  >:)

Sirian Eve

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 11, 2016, 01:19:00 PM
Misty Knight and Blade would make an interesting couple. Like Black Panther and Storm. ;D

I will always say this, but the first movie should have really had some more chemistry between the two. I think her name was Karen. I mean they made a good team, but Blade was acting like he couldn't let off a little steam except when he was busting heads.

TheBlackThrone

Frank: Sometimes that's the best kind of steam to let off.
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

Misty: Yea, you need to go get you some too. I've seen your record, frustration is written all over your 'work'.

Mathim

How has no one picked Matt Murdock yet? I guess that might be who I end up with. Or who knows, maybe I'll end up just playing the bad guys!  >:)

Juggtacular

Blade: "Trust me when I say watching someone turn to dust and knowing you did it? And knowing what that person did? Highly satisfying and extremely...cathartic."