News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Accursed Bloods - A were creature RP (Recruitment/OOC) - REDONE!!!

Started by SxyCowgirl, April 25, 2011, 11:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trost

I'M SO SORRY!! I totally misunderstood that part! I thought it meant something else! Please ignore my post. In fact, I can delete it if I can. Sxy, Dready, and everyone I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

I haven't RP-ed like this before so please bare with me if I mess up. =/ So are we just supposed contact another RP-er every time we want them to meet up?
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

SxyCowgirl

No. It's just that I want to be untied in this RP. If too many people post at once, it's difficult to keep track of everyone. What I'm looking for is for people to not be off on their own. I want the introduction (first) posts to be when the character meets either Rosa or Isaac for the first time.

If you want to have a pre-meeting story, feel free to add it to your profile or make a branch thread (the first is recommended). But I don't want those kinds of posts in the actual rp. The last thread was killed by a lack of unity. Don't forget, my character is only one character and so is Grimm's character only one, and so we can not be everywhere at once where we would need to be.

Another reason I don't want posts of things before the character meets Rosa or Isaac is because I WILL be using this in my book, and weeding out all of the pre-meeting replies would just be WAY too time consuming. This way, it'll be easier for me to convert to actual story form. Make sense?
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/
I've not had a chance to update it here as of yet.
Sorry for any delay in responses.
Real life is really rough right now.

Lilitu

Username: Lilitu
Character Name: Syrinx
Height: 5'2
Weight: 105lbs
Accursed Creature: Mouse
Appearance: Pearly skin, long whispy white hair, pale blue eyes, thin, little pink lips and big eyes.
Personality: Shy and quiet. Very easily startled but slightly goofy when she opens up.
History: She was raised in a group home because her parents left the house one day and never came back. When she discovered she could turn into a mouse, she ran away from the group home and was captured by scientists and kept in a lab for experiments. Now free, she finds herself wandering homeless.
Other: One of the last experiments she went through was bio-luminescence. So as a side effect her skin has a tendency to glow.

Trost

Noooo problem, m'dear. I'll just sit tight until you or Grimm are available. And just for future reference: are we going to have to confirm all the time with someone if we want to meet up, or is that just for first meetings? (e.g.- If I meet up with your character and they go seperate ways for a moment, would I need to talk with you in order for them to meet up again?)

And is there anything else I need to know before I mess up again? <_<  >_>
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

dready

I've never been good with writing a separate storyline for a single character before, and I keep track of my rp's by viewing which ones have been replied to. Bookmarks get lost pretty easily for me somehow.

SxyCowgirl

Quote from: Trost on May 04, 2011, 11:29:51 PM
Noooo problem, m'dear. I'll just sit tight until you or Grimm are available. And just for future reference: are we going to have to confirm all the time with someone if we want to meet up, or is that just for first meetings? (e.g.- If I meet up with your character and they go seperate ways for a moment, would I need to talk with you in order for them to meet up again?)

And is there anything else I need to know before I mess up again? <_<  >_>

It is indeed for first time meetings only, though please try not to "scoobie doo" or split up too much. I want to story to be centered around Rosa and Isaac mostly, the only time(s) the rp will split off from them is when the bad guys come into play. :)

Quote from: dready on May 05, 2011, 12:10:59 AM
I've never been good with writing a separate storyline for a single character before, and I keep track of my rp's by viewing which ones have been replied to. Bookmarks get lost pretty easily for me somehow.

It's quite alright. In fact, preferred if you don't post on your own too too much. Posts in which Rosa and/or Isaac are not involved shouldn't be too too long or crazy. Minor events such as spotting a bad-guy scout or something are fine, but major events such as a beating and/or capturing should be discussed here first.
I have a more complete list of my o/o's here: https://www.f-list.net/c/karma%20manyblood/

Trost

*nodnod* Understandable. Especially since you want to make this into a story. It is yours to control, SO! *salutes* Trost, reporting for duty, ma'am. Where would you like me?

Grimmwolf

Actually, I think it may be time to bring in another character already... lol
Don't Worry, I'm a Proffesional

Trost

Alrighty. If there isn't anyone else before me, I wouldn't mind starting. Whats the conditions for the post?

Grimmwolf

Unfortunately, because it is Sxy's story, She'll have to decide, but we could probably get Star in, then we'll see where to go from there, because Star has been waiting since the beginning... lol

SxyCowgirl

I agree with Grimm. Star was in the first one with me and I think they should post first. Though it depends on when. Right now it is the night time so the bat should fit in real nice but star would have to talk to us about it as well.

OH! I totally forgot! The accursed bloods are attracted to each other like magnets. If there is another one nearby, they can feel them even if they don't know what it is. :)

Starlequin

Im good with either entering the fray next or letting one of the others step in first; there's something ive  been sorta itching to write since one of Isaac's earlier posts, and id like to get it down before Val meets them for  real. And  Sxy, I swear I'll try to keep Valentine from cowboyin' off on his own like last time, lol; I'm pretty sure that had a lot to do with killing the game the first time. He's still gonna take some wranglin' though...wouldn't want it too easy, would you? Hehe.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

dready

Quote from: SxyCowgirl on May 05, 2011, 09:24:14 AMOH! I totally forgot! The accursed bloods are attracted to each other like magnets. If there is another one nearby, they can feel them even if they don't know what it is. :)

Would explain why Corgel was on the train that night.

Trost

You can go ahead first Star, I have no problem with it. Now that I know what's going on, I don't mind being patient. If a chance arises for my character, then I'm sure Sxy or Grimm will let me know. Haha. In the meantime, I'll keep reading the RP and throw out a suggestion for Aras if I get any ideas.

Starlequin

Will do, then. I'll discuss with our fearless leader and get something down ASAP.

SxyCowgirl

Maybe your character can run into us outside of the shop. When we walk outside we can possibly see each other and I approach you or something. What do you think?

Trost

QuoteMaybe your character can run into us outside of the shop. When we walk outside we can possibly see each other and I approach you or something. What do you think?

This is for Star, Sxy?

SxyCowgirl

Yes it is Trost. I'm not quite sure how or when your character will join. Similar to rl if that respect. Haha.

Starlequin

On second thought, I'm gonna go ahead and skip that earlier intro I wanted to write; I don't really think it would bring anything worthwhile into the game. So I'll just bring Val into contact a little more directly. Still, just walking out of a shop and running into each other sounds a little too simple, neh? So I'm gonna add a little....flair, hehe...I'll have it up in a few hours, but ill  leave it open for either Grimm or Sxy to respond.

Grimmwolf

Perhaps we could meet her at the party that Isaac is catering for, she could be modeling for something, or someone's plus one.

Tamhansen

If it's still possible I'd like to join as well, the concept seems really interesting.

Character:

Username:Katataban
Character Name: Ryu (Ree-ooh) Valmont (assumed name)
Height: 6'11"
Weight:150
Accursed Creature: Bengal Tiger
Appearance: Not allowed to link but pic is at ifs.zulufleet.net/ryu.jpg
Personality: Haughty, a little arrogant. But when you get close to him he turns out to be caring and protective. He is a little chauvinistic
History:Ryu's birthday is unknown as he was orphaned at a really young age, when his village was massacred during the Chinese revolution. He was found by a Tibetan family and raised as one of theirs. When Ryu went through adolescence, he found that the changes to his body were not quite like those of the other boys. When his family found out what was happening to him, they thought he was a demon and tried to kill him. He defended himself on instinct awakening to find his family dead at his hands. He fled south into India, where he met a Bodhisattva (a person both striving for enlightenment as well as guiding others toward it) The Bodhisattva, named Ragesh taught Ryu that he was a creature of nature like any other, not a demon. Ryu stayed with Ragesh for years. however his slowed aging meant he had to hide. In 1990 Ragesh passed away, and Ryu ventured into the world on his own. His slow aging forces him to lead a transient lifestyle, changing jobs often, and relationships can never really last. So far he's worked among other things as a muay Thai boxer, truck driver, logger, drugscourier and sailor on a freighter. Now he's working as a foreign correspondent for the British BBC news service.

I hope this is OK
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Trost

Quote from: Grimmwolf on May 06, 2011, 01:16:17 AM
Perhaps we could meet her at the party that Isaac is catering for, she could be modeling for something, or someone's plus one.

Ohhh, that is a good idea!

SxyCowgirl

Quote from: Katataban on May 07, 2011, 06:07:21 AM
If it's still possible I'd like to join as well, the concept seems really interesting.

Character:

Username:Katataban
Character Name: Ryu (Ree-ooh) Valmont (assumed name)
Height: 6'11"
Weight:150
Accursed Creature: Bengal Tiger
Appearance: Not allowed to link but pic is at ifs.zulufleet.net/ryu.jpg
Personality: Haughty, a little arrogant. But when you get close to him he turns out to be caring and protective. He is a little chauvinistic
History:Ryu's birthday is unknown as he was orphaned at a really young age, when his village was massacred during the Chinese revolution. He was found by a Tibetan family and raised as one of theirs. When Ryu went through adolescence, he found that the changes to his body were not quite like those of the other boys. When his family found out what was happening to him, they thought he was a demon and tried to kill him. He defended himself on instinct awakening to find his family dead at his hands. He fled south into India, where he met a Bodhisattva (a person both striving for enlightenment as well as guiding others toward it) The Bodhisattva, named Ragesh taught Ryu that he was a creature of nature like any other, not a demon. Ryu stayed with Ragesh for years. however his slowed aging meant he had to hide. In 1990 Ragesh passed away, and Ryu ventured into the world on his own. His slow aging forces him to lead a transient lifestyle, changing jobs often, and relationships can never really last. So far he's worked among other things as a muay Thai boxer, truck driver, logger, drugscourier and sailor on a freighter. Now he's working as a foreign correspondent for the British BBC news service.

I hope this is OK

I like the character, but there are a couple of problems:
1) I can not open the link. Just put the full url and it should be fine, it doesn't have to link to it.
2) Be a bit more realistic about his age. The reason MY character is so old is because she is a DRAGON. Even Isaac, who is a basilisk, is not that old. Now I may not be too familiar with how long tigers live, but somehow I have a feeling that if you were a 90 year old tiger, you wouldn't be able to move quite so gracefully.

Other than those, I like the character very much. :)

Tamhansen

http://ifs.zulufleet.net/ryu.jpg

Oh sorry. I'm used to Zoanthropes having an extended lifespan, as they do in most settings. In this case I'll do a rewrite asap
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

SxyCowgirl

Thank you. And sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Sadly, the image is STILL not showing up. Not sure if it's a link problem or if it's my computer. Maybe you should put it as an image? [ img ]LINK HERE[ /img ]