Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder) Recruitment Thread

Started by Pointless Digression, December 10, 2012, 05:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Congratulations to Ershin and Raven! Welcome to the group, and my best wishes to those who didn't get in. I hope to play with some of you in the future, and I'm glad to play with those of you who did get in. You'll have my presence here in this thread for a bit longer if anyone wants to chitchat about anything, and for my 6 (including our brilliant GM) companions, I'll see you guys in the OOC thread and in the game!"
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pointless Digression

Brilliant, he says. He's still not getting those vorpal salad tongs.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"I was referring to your ability to be impeccably shiny."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Joslyn

Quote from: Shjade on December 14, 2012, 08:14:39 PM
Okay then, have fun folks. ^.^

I'll be seeing you in the warcraft game. Although it's kind of funny that for all the time that one has been going our characters still haven't met yet.  :P

Congrats to Ershin and TheRaven and best of luck to everyone. I'm glad I'm not GM here, I'd hate to have to turn away so many good character concepts.

ExisD

I'm going to third(?) the congrats and seconding the being glad I didn't have the job of deciding between all of the characters. Good luck with other games and I hope everyone has a good holiday season.

Pointless Digression

The Way of the Wicked has suffered some player attrition. As such, I am opening it again to recruitment. Please post your character pitches as replies to this thread, or drop me a private message.

Roketto

We had some pretty interesting characters the first go 'round, so here's to hoping we get some awesome new players!

Andi

Can you give us a little information as to where / how you plan on bringing new characters in, what level we are looking at, any changes from the original writeup that we need to know about to propose a pitch?

Thorne

Yrs. Also, if anyone gets twitchy about, say, girls playing male characters.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Roketto

I highly doubt anyone here is gonna mind who plays what characters so long as the characters are awesome. 

Pointless Digression

Hey Andi. Check the first post on this thread; I'm bringing in new characters in at third level. Also, the current group makeup is there, and preference will be given to characters to fill gaps in the current party structure. As far as HOW I'll bring them in, I plan to work that out with each character I end up going with.

Thorne, I doubt anyone will have an issue with gender-bending players and characters.

NicciKotor

Where did all of these pathfinder people come from!?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Pointless Digression

Hey Nicci. I'd really rather keep this thread for discussion specific to the game I'm running and as a place for players to pitch character concepts.

Thorne

Figured it was best to make sure. ^^;

Looking at classes doesn't tell me much about their roles - but you seem to be missing... a meatshield, a healer and a ..????
Meatshield, I can do - I have an over-sized Tiefling fighter (Unbreakable) concept who might just fit right in.
I probably have an alternative, if you'd rather I fish out something a little less conceptually ... um ... noticeable.

Satriis - rough concept, and description

No one can say they didn't try. Satriis was raised in a village, trained to fight, and disciplined harshly, in the hopes that nurture would overcome his nature.
It ... mostly worked. Satriis matured into almost nine feet and three hundred pounds of muscle and rage, barely held in check with considerable martial discipline, and for the most part, the villagers pointed him at threats and pray he's what comes out the other end.
Months past, the villagers turned him out, rather than answer too many uncomfortable questions, and he has been on the move ever since.

Satriis towers head and shoulders over most people, standing close to nine feet tall. His frame is broad and powerful, something his armor does nothing to disguise. All of that would be fine, if not for the feral yellow glow of his eyes, the talons on his hands, the tail, the horns .. and the broad hooves.
He's not unattractive. His features are even, his dark red skin clear, his hair black and thick. Splotches of black cover his body in an uneven pattern that seems to be a little different every time someone looks. Handsome, yes. But the villein girls avoided him, except for the boldest, or most desperate, and those tend to come back a little .. spraddled.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Roketto

Quote from: Thorne on April 02, 2013, 08:42:20 PM
Figured it was best to make sure. ^^;

Looking at classes doesn't tell me much about their roles - but you seem to be missing... a meatshield, a healer and a ..????
Meatshield, I can do - I have an over-sized Tiefling fighter (Unbreakable) concept who might just fit right in.
I probably have an alternative, if you'd rather I fish out something a little less conceptually ... um ... noticeable.

As far as healers go, unless we get an oracle of life (no alignment restrictions to be able to channel to heal living), any caster with cure spells is as good a healer as we're really gonna get. 

My necromancer (the witch), can cast cure spells (and has them all up to current level), and can do so at a range, so he can do as the healer in a pinch, but it's not really what he's built for. 

Our barbarian hits like a Mack Truck, and has some hit points to boot, but I definitely won't complain about having another meat-shield when it comes to combat time.  Mr grumpypants doesn't really hold up well to melee combat.

Our rogue is pretty stinkin' good with those knives, too, and I'm sure she'll be great at dealing with traps when we end up having to deal with them.

Things that I would say we're missing would be a more dedicated healer, a blaster-caster (though less necessary than a healer), a wilderness-type (druid, ranger, whatever), and a support/buffer.  I'm used to playing in Pathfinder Society for Organized Play, so party composition can be worked around if the players and characters can work together as a cohesive team.

Laughing Hyena

Wouldn't an evil clerkc be able to technically heal? And I am colored interested because of the remise behind this naturally.

Pointless Digression

An evil cleric can heal, sure. Just not spontaneously lose a prepared spell in order to dish out healing on the spot.

Roketto

Like I said, anyone who can cast the cure spells will be the best we get short of a life oracle.  Evil clerics can only channel to harm the living and heal the undead, and can only spontaneously convert their spells into Inflict spells, not Cure spells like good clerics.  Clerics of neutral gods can choose one way or the other, but this is an evil game, so no good clerics.  Neutral clerics are alright, but you'd really need to make sure you've got a solid concept to keep a neutral divine caster with the deeds we'll be doing.

EDIT:  Ninja'd by the GM, but yeah.  What he said.

Bandita

Yeah, we've only got one caster.  We could use a druid/ ranger, a cleric, a sorcerer...  And I agree with Roketto, a meat shield wouldn't be awful either.  I think there are going to be three spots open though, PD would know.  So there's room for wiggling.

Ebb

This looks very interesting. I hope you don't mind a couple of questions:

1) Is it the case that since the plot has progressed the information about (lack of) starting equipment and the need to pick a crime are not relevant for new characters? If so, will we just purchase starting equipment?

2) How about the 'worshiping Asmodeus' part? Not that I mind it, but I'm wondering whether the time for declaring allegiance is past for the newbies.

3) In order to come up to speed on the plot, is there an easier approach than reading/skimming the full IC and OOC threads? I've been sampling through (and I like what I see), but I can't guarantee I'd be able to digest all of it. Will there be a "New Kids On the Block" on-ramp?

4) I noticed that some of the departures cited the pace of the game as a factor. Can you comment on roughly how often you'd expect players to post in order not to drag things down?

I'm considering a human sorcerer with the Infernal bloodline. The extra couple of skill points should make it possible to have some social skills as well.

Bandita

If PD wants, I can put a 'catching up to speed' post here, or he can edit his post.  Whatever he wants.

Pointless Digression

Thanks for your questions, Ebb.

1) We have progressed quite a bit since beginning the game with the PCs chained up in a cell, and they've acquired quite a bit of equipment. You are free to pick one crime trait from the list I provided, or any two others of your choosing.

2) It was never a requirement that the characters worship Asmodeus; just that they be willing to work for an agent of his in order to destabilize the kingdom and establish a new order more friendly to the devil-god.

3) I'll work with the new players to give a digest version of the plot and important NPCs met thus far.

4) Typically, I update an in character thread once at least half the players present have responded. That tends to work out to an IC post (roughly) every other day, but they can come more frequently than that in individual scenes.

Ebb

Thanks very much, PD. I'll go ahead and put together a pitch.

Andi

For my pitch, I have an Inquisitor of Belial (and by extension, Asmodeus), using the Infiltrator archetype. He's a fallen Aasimar who has managed to get himself convicted of Desecration.

Step 1: Pitch

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Irazdur
Male Aasimar Inquisitor (Belial / Asmodeus)

Irazdur is a polite, well-spoken young man; dark-skinned, with gold markins on his skin highlighting his muscles and hair of spun silver, he is both attractive and hard to miss. He is also a master manipulator, seducer and general socialite, ruthless in the pursuit of his goals, whether that's a cute pair of legs or the elimination of a ranking follower of Sol Invictus. Irazdur recently ran afoul of a streak of bad luck involving seducing a nun of Sol Invictus on one of his altars and getting caught...