Sucker Punch RP (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, June 11, 2012, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

I was thinking of an idea based around: "Sucker Punch". The Story will be quite a bit different than the film, but incorporate the whole idea of "escape" through the fictional worlds during key events in the plot. If anyone wants to make suggestions on the setting for this story, it's open to discussion. I just wanted to see who'd be interested in a kind of story like this.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

AndyZ

I'll probably end up doing this idea much better than Chronicle.

Have you ever played Silent Hill or Persona?

Basically, I'm thinking a game where reality is layered, and you can "slip" from one into the next, and your actions in one of the alternate reality realms will have an effect within the primary realm which might not always be possible given the full and unadulterated version of the primary realm.

For example, if a girl is stuck in the mental asylum, she might end up jaunting to a post-apocalyptic realm where all the walls have huge holes and everything is rusted out.  From there, she could simply walk through the walls, even though it'd be flatly impossible to walk through the walls of the contemporary cells.

One would figure that this proves the existence of the other worlds, but the girls might just be crazy.  The guards and doctors all vehemently deny anything unusual, which either means that the girls are just nuts, they're oblivious to any supernatural activity, or they're in on it.

How the jaunts work would be up to the GM, but either the GM decides when the girls travel to another realm, or one girl can decide and then other girls can follow.

I recommend against having more than one girl in a different place at one time; it would get seriously confusing.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

OHWceta

QuoteHave you ever played Silent Hill or Persona?
Actually I havent played either but I'll look into them.

So far I have an idea for a GTA/Mafia style world with a lot of car chase scenes.

QuoteI recommend against having more than one girl in a different place at one time; it would get seriously confusing.
I think they pulled off small team quite well in the movies. The key would be each fantasy would be created by a single character but the others would appear as part of the fantasy if they were helping in the real world, (Like Sweat Pea obtaining the map in RL, she also fought the zombies in the fantasy.) As for the girls we'll need a group of about 4 or 5. That being said they would act like themselves in the fantasy though their real world counterparts would not have memory of being in the fantasy. (Like when one of the bad guys in the fantasy represent one of the real world bad guys, ex: the warden)

See, each portion of the fantasy is a metaphor for the real world.
For example, in the Nazi-Zombie world the girls had to fight off the hoards of zombies, and the map was present in both reality and fantasy, just obtaining it was very different in both. The Dragon world was fire, in reality it was a lighter, in fantasy they had to fight a dragon. Real world obstacles to their plan would manifest in the fantasies so therefore they couldn't just 'walk out' anyways. The best example was when Rocket was stabbed by the cook in the real world, her death manifested in the fantasy by her jetpack getting damaged and her having to die on the train with the reactivated bomb.

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

AndyZ

Quote from: OHWceta on June 11, 2012, 09:00:07 PM
That being said they would act like themselves in the fantasy though their real world counterparts would not have memory of being in the fantasy. (Like when one of the bad guys in the fantasy represent one of the real world bad guys, ex: the warden)

By this part, you mean that any NPCs which show up in the fantasy don't (or at least seem/claim to not) remember anything, but the PC girls still remember both sides?

Seems like you have quite a few ideas for this, which may not mesh with my original suggestions but I'm still up for trying it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

OHWceta

QuoteBy this part, you mean that any NPCs which show up in the fantasy don't (or at least seem/claim to not) remember anything, but the PC girls still remember both sides?

Using the film as an example again. See, Babydoll was the only one who experienced the fantasy world in the movie. And she's the only one with memory of what happened in the Fantasy. Like for example Sweat Pea trying to get the map from Blue's office, and Amber trying to snatch the lighter from the Mayor. They would have only memory of the real world events (Same as the NPCs) But the person playing them would be posting both their actions in the Real World AND Fantasy world as the person experiencing the fantasy would implement them into their imagination.

Hope that makes sense. Overall Sucker Punch was kind of a confusing movie.

AribethAmkiir

I'm interested to see where this goes.