DUNGEON CRAWL MAFIA interest check! (PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 23, 2016, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Since I just had a boardgame end I have a free slot for something new... If there is still room, I would love to play. I've never played a mafia game with this sort of theme, and Red, you know I'm a total sucker for D&D and its themes--I'm practically an addict. <3

RedPhoenix

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Lucky Number 13 is Blythe!!!!

GAME WILL BEGIN!!!

Role PMs are going out. All questions about game mechanics must be PM'd once the game begins.

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

King Serperior

So, Blythe and MP, we meet again.  It seems our battle in the Wonders have yet to end.  Now, I hope I can side with you, else you be faced with crazy.   >:)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Remiel

I have a question, Red.  If I read the rules correctly, we could vote to explore the Dungeon, OR vote to kill somebody?

Madame Professor

Quote from: King Serperior on January 26, 2016, 04:32:27 PM
So, Blythe and MP, we meet again.  It seems our battle in the Wonders have yet to end.  Now, I hope I can side with you, else you be faced with crazy.   >:)

You just keep an eye on your gold. I apparently like to hoard it.  ::)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Remiel on January 26, 2016, 05:03:46 PM
I have a question, Red.  If I read the rules correctly, we could vote to explore the Dungeon, OR vote to kill somebody?

No, sorry if that was vague. Those are two different votes that you make each day.

Each day the party decides

1) Who to kick out (if anyone)
2) Whether to keep exploring the next level of the dungeon or not.

Hopefully that makes sense! :)

Remiel

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why would we not want to keep exploring the dungeon?

King Serperior

I would think because someone found a corpse where a friend used to be?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RedPhoenix

On a general level, it's just a preference thing. The more you explore the dungeon the less "vanilla" the game is and more power roles will make a difference.

On a specific role, your role PM may or may not contain information that would cause you to lean one way or the other!

To address the corpse issue - if your character is ever at risk of dying to the monsters in the dungeon, they will know it before the decision to keep exploring must be made.

Mintprincess

Hell yeah we are going non vanilla in this cave!

Remiel

Sorry, Red, another question.

What information from our PM, if any, are we allowed to disclose publicly?

RedPhoenix

You can disclose whatever you like, unless it specifically says you can't. You just can't copy paste it. Basically the point of rule is avoid things like "well Red doesn't talk that way so that has to be fake" or "red always uses that expression so it must be legit." You just have to put it in your own words is all.

GAME IS OPEN GO POOOOOST

And let me know if you didn't get your PM!

yugi006

How will tie votes work? Will there be some kind of leader that can break ties like in a regular mafia game?

RedPhoenix

Quote from: yugi006 on January 26, 2016, 06:38:04 PM
How will tie votes work? Will there be some kind of leader that can break ties like in a regular mafia game?

By default a tie means that nobody dies or no decision is made.

A majority is required, once that majority is reached the discussion is automatically over and that candidate wins. So for example today, once someone receives seven votes, that person is thrown out. If nobody reaches seven votes, nobody is thrown out.

Once the decision to move forward receives the majority of votes, the decision is made. If it doesn't, the party doesn't move.

Note that every answer I give has the exception: Unless someone has a role that makes it otherwise.

yugi006

King Serperior

I guess this counts as the OOC now?  Anyway, I've never written a Dwarf before, so this looks fun.  ^.^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Remiel

One more question.  Do we even know how many "bad guys" there are?

RedPhoenix

Guys please read the rules in the first post of the game thead!

- There is No OOC all discussion of the game must occur in the game thread from this point on.

- All questions bout the Rules need to be PM'd to me.

- You don't know how many good guys and bad guys there are, however I will say that standard mafia game is a 1:3 ratio of bad guys to good guys.

Okay, no more posting here until the game is over please!

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Pleeeeeeeeeease.

No I don't. But pleeeeeeeease don't post here. There is no OOC!!! Posts about the game go in the game thread!!! Questions about rules go to my PM box! Nothing goes here anymore!!!!

Can any mod reading this please lock this thread?

Blythe