The Time Turner [Extremely LGBTQA Friendly Harry Potter Game - Freeform]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 23, 2015, 11:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

We all know that we have several fantastically run Harry Potter games running on E.  But I want to do something a bit different than the ones we have right now.  I want to do an extremely LGBTQA friendly, Sandbox, ten years in the future game, where we have the same characters, but we're not required to go by J.K Rowling's established canon future.  So everything after the war would be up to us to make up, within reason.  I want something simple and fun, that's carried by the players plotting together to create something great, rather than me pushing everything forward myself.   The cast would be around 27+, so they've matured a bit, maybe settled down with the careers they want/or haven't found what they really want to do yet; or are struggling with finding their way in a post war world.  I don't care about things being realistic, sexuality wise.  I want to see some gay, straight, trans, asexual characters; and I want them to be played well.  I don't care if you're the same gender as your character, and I'd expect everyone else to respect and be okay with it.  You don't have to play with the same face claims that the cast of the movies had, but at least pick a face claim that's close to the description of the characters.  We have a few canon characters that are still up for grabs, but we're also accepting Original characters as well.  The only restrictions being that we aren't accepting any veela/werewolf/centaur characters, unless they're one of the few canon characters that are one, and that you create a well balanced character. 

This game will kick off with a grand gala being held at Hogwarts, to celebrate the ten year anniversary of Voldemort's final demise, and the end of the wizarding war that shook the magical community.  The theme is We Will Never Forget, so that the mistakes of the past are never repeated. Everyone is invited, it doesn't matter what side of the war your character leaned towards, only that everyone that attends comes together to show their post war solidarity.  What will happen when everyone is once again faced with old friends and old foes?  Will visiting the places that held the most significance in the war affect the characters in any way?  Who knows, but what I do know, is that this will be one interesting night for our characters!

What kind of characters do we need, you might ask, you clever clever darling you!  Well, keeping in mind that everything up until the epilogue is canon, there's still a lot of options you may take.  Someone once suggested that Seamus Finnigan being an explosives expert would be really interesting to see, or maybe Cho Chang, a world renowned Magizoologis who got lost for several years traveling the amazons in search of a rare, and never before caught yellow speckled jobberknoll, only to return and win fame by publishing several books expounding on her adventures and findings!  Who knows, what could have happened in the ten years following the war, but what we do know is that we're extremely interested in hearing your ideas on what could have happened! 

These are the canon characters that have been taken, but the other one's are up for grabs!

Harry Potter -Reserved
Hermoine GrangerReserved
Draco Malfoy -Reserved
Neville Longbottom - Reserved
Pansy Parkinson - Reserved
Luna Lovegood - Reserved
Ginny Weasley Reserved

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Golden Spider

Hello! I am currently in TTT as Luna Lovegood and I look forward to playing with all you peoples
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

PreciousPetra

Greetings to anyone who peers into this wanted thread. I am the muse of Miss Hermione Granger and she and I hope you will join us at the Grand Gala at Hogwarts!

undisclosedtoyou

Yes, we're really looking forward to more people joining!  Original or canon(cough Charlie), bring it on!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Roen

Hey, there.

Just wanted to say- awesome group, awesome game, awesome GM.

Join, if you don't wanna miss out :P

I'm playing Harry.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 01, 2015, 02:48:20 PM
Neville is always up for connections.  Maybe even an ex-wife?

I definitely want to see what kind of woman Neville would marry!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PreciousPetra

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 01, 2015, 02:48:20 PM
Neville is always up for connections.  Maybe even an ex-wife?

I used to play Hannah many moons ago but as a shy teenager often loved up with Ernie MacMillion. Shh don't tell Neville though.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PreciousPetra on September 01, 2015, 03:49:26 PM
I used to play Hannah many moons ago but as a shy teenager often loved up with Ernie MacMillion. Shh don't tell Neville though.

Ooooohhhh scandalous!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ladia2287

Hmm, intriguing. It's been a while since I dabbled in HP roleplaying but I've always enjoyed it. I might dig up one of my OCs just for the occasion, if I may :)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: ladia2287 on September 02, 2015, 09:57:53 PM
Hmm, intriguing. It's been a while since I dabbled in HP roleplaying but I've always enjoyed it. I might dig up one of my OCs just for the occasion, if I may :)

You definitely may!  Oohh yay, I can't wait to see what you bring to our table!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ladia2287

Awesome. Silly question, but do I just post the sheet straight in the Character thread?

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ladia2287

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ladia2287

undisclosedtoyou

I'm sure it'll be an entertaining read!  I'm just watching Barry Lyndon, and once it's over I'll head over into my PM's to read it. :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Just finished reading it now, you're going to be getting a pm from me in a few moments, Ladia!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

Come Join us! we're still open for some OCs

I think..

if we aren't thats stupid.

undisclosedtoyou

We are sooo still open!  I just forgot to come by and bump this thread! Lol.  So thank you for that GS!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

No Problem. you may be undisclosed, but your beauty sure isnt!

Serious guys join so we can have some fun

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Golden Spider on September 16, 2015, 05:35:14 PM
No Problem. you may be undisclosed, but your beauty sure isnt!

Serious guys join so we can have some fun

That was so cheesy that I love it!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Golden Spider

;) :P

See how much fun we hav already? you will add to that 100%!

Bibliophilia

-peeks.-  I can't resist!  I'm thinking of an f-to-m trans Gabrielle Delacour.