The Country of New California

Started by Trieste, October 29, 2008, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on October 29, 2008, 09:46:15 PM
I'm going to start the Purple Party! :D

I'm still in favor of the All Night Party, but if Howard doesn't run, I'll vote Purple.  Are you nominating Spel?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

National Acrobat

You know, there are some Northern California and Southern Oregon Counties that want to secede and make their own state, Jefferson.

It's been mentioned through the years, but they've really started to talk more about it in the last couple of years.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on October 29, 2008, 11:21:20 PM
I'm still in favor of the All Night Party, but if Howard doesn't run, I'll vote Purple.  Are you nominating Spel?
We could dye him as a promotional stunt! ;D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Give everyone rose-colored glasses, and his avatar will look purple ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valerian

Quote from: Trieste link=topic=23180.msg907090#msg907090 date=1225321574
And then there's that whole 'access to fresh water' thing. Kinda hard to keep up an army without that.
/quote]
Go, Great Lakes!  Woo!

*ahem*  But if we're starting a Purple Party, someone should check out this site.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Inkidu

Quote from: Valerian on October 30, 2008, 11:28:17 AM
[quote author=Trieste link=topic=23180.msg907090#msg907090 date=1225321574
And then there's that whole 'access to fresh water' thing. Kinda hard to keep up an army without that.

Go, Great Lakes!  Woo!

*ahem*  But if we're starting a Purple Party, someone should check out this site.
Ahem three words: Tennessee Valley Authority." the red states got water. So um on to the purple party. It's better than a civil war.

But, but, but! I want to dump Spel in a vat of red dye! D:
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Valerian

According to the EPA, the Great Lakes contain 84% of all the fresh water in North America.  So no, the reds wouldn't be without water, but they'd notice the sudden shortage...

(The Great Lakes hold 21% of the fresh water supply for the entire world, actually.   :o)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Inkidu

Quote from: Valerian on October 30, 2008, 11:48:34 AM
According to the EPA, the Great Lakes contain 84% of all the fresh water in North America.  So no, the reds wouldn't be without water, but they'd notice the sudden shortage...

(The Great Lakes hold 21% of the fresh water supply for the entire world, actually.   :o)
But they've got it.

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on October 29, 2008, 06:44:26 PM
There's lots of liberal cities in the south, and as someone heading for med school I totally would like ATL as well, but I think that if we start picking and choosing cities, the red states might try to do the same, which kinda defeats the purpose... so nay. Nay, I say.

Yeah but we're kicking them out...so they can't choose.  :P

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 30, 2008, 04:02:43 PM
Yeah but we're kicking them out...so they can't choose.  :P
Reds have the guns. What are you gong to do peace them to death? :P

Trieste

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on October 30, 2008, 05:24:29 PM
Yes.
Never heard of anyone dying from peace. *Starts designs for Purple party camouflage (Psst. It's purple)*

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 30, 2008, 05:03:08 PM
Reds have the guns. What are you gong to do peace them to death? :P

Reds aren't exactly the only group with guns that are willing to use them. Make no mistake on that.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 30, 2008, 06:33:19 PM
Reds aren't exactly the only group with guns that are willing to use them. Make no mistake on that.
But they have more of them and a greater ease of access. Last time I checked.

Vekseid

I'm for this as long as we're not ruled by California - I mean, I imagine New York might have something to say about that.

I may be biased in opinion though, since we'd end up with a significantly higher proportion of females.

Trieste

Quote from: Inkidu on October 30, 2008, 05:37:45 PM
Never heard of anyone dying from peace. *Starts designs for Purple party camouflage (Psst. It's purple)*

Clearly you've never read about things like sit-ins and hunger strikes.

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on October 30, 2008, 07:21:29 PM
Clearly you've never read about things like sit-ins and hunger strikes.
Yeah but that doesn't kill the other guy! Like Paton said, "No son of a bitch ever one a war by dying for his country, it's making that other poor son of a bitch die for his."
So correction, "I've never seen anyone killed by a peace attack."

Trieste

I bet you've never seen DNA replication take place, either.

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on October 30, 2008, 07:27:41 PM
I bet you've never seen DNA replication take place, either.
Not in real life no. I saw a simulation of DNA replicating. It was hot...

Trieste

Inkidu

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 30, 2008, 06:44:36 PM
But they have more of them and a greater ease of access. Last time I checked.

They have looser laws, but more of; I'd need to see some hard stats on that, and I know they don't exist outside of permits.

Trieste

Go discuss gun control in another thread, por favor.

Inkidu

On the note of this letter I found a damn good reply. If just to advocate the devil a tad.

http://www.thenextright.com/michaelturk/dear-blue-states-a-reply-from-the-red-states

EDIT: Now to do the Purple party reply. Hmm.

The Overlord

QuoteWith the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 % of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92% of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

I can live with that.

That's the problem, they actually can live with televangelists and Limbaugh and pay attention to them. Can't claim an intellectual edge in that arrangement. Suckers.

QuoteWhile I will miss the pineapple, I think I speak for my red state family when I say we're ok giving up the wine and stinky cheese.  After all, we still have all the Jack Daniels from Tennesee, all the Coors and Budweiser beer products from Colorado and Missouri

LOL, trust me, Atlanta has such a fixation on cheese that I've long suspected they have an underground treaty with Wisconsin...they'll miss it when the cheese runs out.

It's probably sacrilege for some, but there's plenty of better whiskeys than Jack. I’ll stay with my Jameson and scotch; I don't consider a whiskey worth it unless it goes down smooth straight and Jack goes down about as smooth as NyQuil.

Red staters wouldn’t know a good wine to go with dinner or after dinner if it was broken over their head. If you want to believe Coors and Budweiser products are real beers, by all means, the joke’s on you...

Quotemost of America's steak, and all the cigars we can roll with that North Carolina tobacco

You're forgetting about Illinois. For every Red stater that thinks he can make a great barbecue, I'll match that with any steakhouse on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chi-town.

Oh yeah...smoking is bad for you dummy. Good luck with that cowboy…happy lung cancer.