Jusenkyo Apartments [MxM] -Yaoi/BL- (Interest Check)

Started by Leki, November 02, 2016, 11:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

Traiiiiiiiiiiinnnsss....
TRAIIINNNSSS!
Wait.. Err.....>.>
I mean braiiinnns!!

I'm officially a bit brain dead here, actually managed to sleep about 11 hours. But! Once I have woken up a bit, I'll get started on writing my character :)
We have some pretty interesting once so far~

Leki

Okay, I promised myself that I'd get some work done on this yesterday, but after my road trip I sort of... crashed and burned.
Not literally of course, no cars were hurt in the process. My face hurts a little after I face-planted into the bed though...

Anyway, I'll put together my characters tonight.
Just need to decide which character I want to go with >_<

I've taken a look a look over the character sheets, and I'm really impressed to see the diversity and detail people have put into their character sheets. From the top of my head, I can't remember anything that needs fixing, (but I was half asleep when I read them yesterday, so who knows). If there's any issues I'll be sure to PM people. Official acceptance coming in a bit.

@Oniya
Hello!
And I have to admit, I had a little chuckle when I read your character concept/idea.
I'm also going to admit that it wasn't necessarily what I had in mind when I went with the animal trait thing, but since it won't step on anyone's toes, and I like the concept. I'm more than willing to go with the idea.

Just need a few more people (including myself and we can setup the start~

Leki

(One down, one to go... I'll probably add more as the RP progresses)

Name: Mikhail Varialle
Animal: Black Rat
Height: 5’10”
Hair Color: Mousy Brown
Eye Color: Lemon Yellow

Curse: The curse placed upon Mikhail by the Jusenkyo Apartments has resulted in him developing a pair of scruffy murine ears, and a smooth scaly tail which reaches down past his ankles. While neither feature impact upon his day to day living that much, they’re obviously a hindrance in the whole re-employment process. Whereas his thin worm-like tail isn’t all that appealing to look at for most.

Although Mikhail can show moments of altruism, he’s an opportunistic survivor first and foremost meaning that he won’t hesitate to disadvantage others when it comes to his own personal gain. Manipulative of others, and highly secretive when it comes to their own personal intention, Mikhail is quite sociable in most situations but will often leave without others learning a single thing about him. One behavioural trait that has strongly disadvantaged Mikhail has been the scruffiness of the animal. Despite his best efforts to keep things organized and tidy, his room frequently ends up in a barely liveable mess. Additionally his clothes constantly end up in tatters, which becomes quite the problem when you can’t pay to replace them.

Employment: Previously an accredited legal practitioner; who was employed by a relatively prestigious legal firm. Despite being an inexperienced youngster fresh from law school, Mikhail quickly distinguished himself from amongst his peers, Contributing significantly to several key cases, and mediating conflicts both within and outside the work place. His constant successes within the workplace was highly sought out by many attorneys, however an equal number frowned heavily on his repeated successes.

Within a few years however, Mikhail’s career came to a crashing halt, as he and several of those closest to him were implicated in a string of immoral practices ranging anywhere  from dishonest conduct to indirectly dealing in the business of illicit chemicals. In order to conceal the corruptions that had unfolded within the legal profession, a series of behind the scenes trials were conducted in order to establish the facts. Although Mikhail’s colleagues were pardoned of any wrong-doing, many of the charges levelled at Mikhail proceeded, leaving Mikhail near bankrupt, and stripped of his license. Charged with fraudulent conduct, and imprisoned for several months in the prison system, re-employment has been practically impossible.

Social Life: Mikhail never really had much of a social life to speak of, as he spent much of his time with his legal colleagues and prospective clients. Somewhat of a workaholic, but always available for an after-work gathering; few would consider Mikhail anti-social, especially since he was considered rather promiscuous by both men and women alike during his successful career. It’ unclear whether Mikhail keep in contact with his prior colleagues, but it’s not uncommon for Mikhail to disappear for several hours at a time to shadily deal with unknown figures. 

Three Objects:
- Clothes: Leather Jacket+Boots, Torn up jeans and a tattered shirt.
- Leather Notebook: A leather-bound notebook that Mikhail often keeps on his person.
- Sturdy Steel Safe: A somewhat portable safe which can only be opened via a pincode.
- Kettle: Stainless steel kettle for boiling water.

pdragon

due to an increase in work load I'll unfortunately have to withdraw my interest in this game. Hope everything goes smoothly!  :-)
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Leki

Reading through the character sheets, everything seems to be in order~
So Avalon, Benvolio, Mac, and Oniya are all good for the OoC... once it gets put together.
MelodyCake says they'll take a bit longer as they're trying to sketch up their character.
So fingers crossed that they'll still join x3

Unfortunately with pdragon's withdrawal we're one short of the minimum requirement (and admittedly I'd like to have more than the minimum starting number if possible). So yeah, I guess I'll wait and see if there's enough interest.
If we're still struggling by the start of next week, I may have to reconsider this, or try it elsewhere on another forum. :/

Benvolio

I'm surprised you need so many members to make everything work. What problems would starting with the number we have cause?

Leki

Well technically speaking I could probably run this with any number of people; from as low as two.
The issue is that I'm specifically looking to attempt a group roleplay;
and from experience at least one or two people tend to drop off during the first few weeks, and replenishing numbers becomes a lot more difficult once things have started up.

We've only got five people committed to this at the moment, and if one or two were to drop off it'd stray from the type of group roleplay I'm attempting to run. So yeah
Technically it's not an issue, just a really strong personal preference.

Oniya

Just an idea, but there's a thread for MxM writers that Braioch maintains - I think it's in the LGBTQA forum (Yup.).  You could see if you could put a post in there with a link.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Silver Phoenix

Hello there!  Love the premise and been looking for an all male group RP for a while!  Is there any space left?  I'm thinking maybe a fox-based character (if possible) based on the idea of said animal that got hit by a car and eventually managed to crawl to the apartments for shelter before passing away.

Possible Face Claim?
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Oniya

@ Silver - Room, most definitely!

@Leki - I'll have my face-claim up tomorrow.  Would have been tonight, but I had a wee problem with the layers, and had to go back to square one.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Silver Phoenix

Awesome!  Will get to work on a character concept.

Leki

Still talking to Melodycake, so it seems the quota thing wasn't even relevant.
Would still be open to additional participants though.

@Silver
There's definitely space left!
In fact I was actually worrying I'd have to cancel this due to lack of interest.
Thank you for reading too!
I would be completely fine with a fox character, as you've provided a plausible scenario that could result in a fox getting to the apartments. Plus, that's a pretty cute foxie~ xD

To other potential participants, please note that I don't want replicated scenarios.
In other words, I don't want a bear getting hit by a car, and crawling to the apartments.

@Oniya
Will think about it now I guess, we've got the minimum numbers to run this now (I think)
As for the face-claim, there isn't a huge rush to get it done, though admittedly I'm really looking forward to what you manage to come up with xP

Silver Phoenix

I've revised the character (specifically the animal) idea a little bit since now that I'm looking at it, it kinda feels lazy ::)

This is a W.I.P.

Name: Lucien Parker
Animal: Red Fox
Height: 5' 10"; Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Copper
Eye Color: Bright Hazel (verging on golden)

Curse: The origin of Lucien's curse animal is a fox who had the habit of raiding hen and rabbit houses on farms outside of town until he was unlucky enough to be cornered one day and shot, though he managed to escape, but still injured by numerous pellets.  Unable to hunt, he eventually drifted to the city where finding food was relatively easier.  He was using the Jusenkyo Appartments as a shelter for over a month when infection and malnutrition eventually took its toll.

Under the effects of the fox's spirit, Lucien has gained several physical changes.  Most prominent are a large pair of sensitive fox ears, which has all the acuteness of that of a fox.  His vision has likewise sharpened, though also degraded, for like a fox his sight is now more sensitive to movement than image meaning that he can instantly notice movement, but stationary objects or people cause him some trouble occasionally.  Although his ears can be hidden under a hoodie or similarly large headgear, the large bushy tail he gained is a bit harder to conceal.  The last change affected his manhood, giving him a knotted shaft, which has left him reluctant and embarrassed.

Lucien now finds his usual cautious approach to life exacerbated by the fox's tendency to be on the alert, leaving him quite jumpy at most times.  His appetite has doubled, which hasn't done wonders for his financial situation, as he often finds himself visiting the fridge for snacks, but especially chicken and rabbit.  His also found himself more willing and quicker to seize opportunities, though he still has yet to pull himself together for the more major things he wants in life.  Previously laid back, he's developed a territorial instinct in regards to his room which has sort of become like a den for him to horde anything that comes into his possession.

Employment: Though well educated, Lucien's main barrier to employment lies in his laziness and his idealistic nature - he's a dreamer more than anything - he wants to do what he wants to do and doesn't want to settle for less than his dream of being a successful erotica novelist.  Unfortunately, as a writer without a whit of acclaim to his name, he hasn't found any publisher that wants to take him on and ennui ensures he hasn't yet seriously looked into the possibilities of being self-published.  For now, he makes do with selling short stories, though the pay isn't great and often erratic.

Social Life: As a person who values his privacy immensely, Lucien has little in the way of social life except for a few close friends, the number of which could be counted on one hand.  He goes out little, unless those friends are involved, and otherwise looks for excuses to stay indoors.  His dealing with most people tend to be brief and to the point, unless they manage to click on some subject (usually fiction).  Conversely, his social life online is much more vibrant, where he often goes by the handle of PassionateFox (the irony of eventually being haunted by fox was not lost on him), where he has a large following for his erotic blogs and stories.

Three Objects:
- Clothes: Bulky, conservative clothes of sombre hues

- Netbook: Arguably Lucien's most prized possession, since it has all his work and stories.
- Skateboard: Lucien's main mode of transportation for longer distances.

Revolution

Hello! Adding my tentative interest for now! I love that the focus of the story is how they overcome their curse instead of just accepting what they become.
- O/Os -
- Inspirations | Requests -
Primarily M/M writer

Leki

@Silver Phoenix
Love the character, and there were a few parts that made me smirk and laugh out aloud.
I'm fine with the character application overall, but I just wanted to clarify some information that was mentioned earlier.

Although water (both hot and cold) is free at Jusenkyo, rooms will initially not have electricity.
Which means there's no wifi, no electricity to recharge the netbook, and characters certainly shouldn't have enough funds to secure a monthly internet plan with an ISP.

As I said, I'm fine with the application, but I figure this may inconvenience you a bit. Admittedly there's free wifi at certain public places, and you could probably leech electricity from unattended electricity ports. So ultimately it's up to you.

@Revolution
Tenative or not, it's good to see any form of interest!
As you mentioned the focus of the roleplay is for characters to either find a cure(or rather the source) of their curse, or find a way to re-assimilate into society despite their curse. I can warn all players now; even if your character stops caring about how odd they look, society certainly won't. I might even be forced to bring in a government agency that wants to hunt you all down and send you off for scientific experiments.

Oniya

Quote from: Leki on November 10, 2016, 07:41:35 PM
I might even be forced to bring in a government agency that wants to hunt you all down and send you off for scientific experiments.

You realize this might not be a deterrent for some writers... 

Just sayin'  ;D

Leki

Quote from: Oniya on November 10, 2016, 07:45:24 PM
You realize this might not be a deterrent for some writers... 

Just sayin'  ;D
Haha, I do~
And it'll more than likely be implemented at some point.
The question is... do you want to be hit the ground running and be chased from the moment the RP starts? xD
Or would some 'settle-in' time be appreciated?... I think the later :p

Either way, I probably should have warned people that I'm a pretty invasive GM when it comes to consequences. If I notice something I can exploit and set ablaze... I'll be more likely to do it than not.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: Leki on November 10, 2016, 07:41:35 PMAlthough water (both hot and cold) is free at Jusenkyo, rooms will initially not have electricity.
Which means there's no wifi, no electricity to recharge the netbook, and characters certainly shouldn't have enough funds to secure a monthly internet plan with an ISP.
No worries, I figured as much, lol.  Being unemployed for a while now, he would already be well versed in the art of leechcraft - plugging into power sockets at cafes (especially where coffee refills are free!) or having snuck into seminar lectures, flirting with waitresses for WiFi passwords and then sitting out back near the dumpsters where he can get a signal, etc... ;D  (if you're okay with those sort of tactics)

Quote from: Leki on November 10, 2016, 07:41:35 PMAs you mentioned the focus of the roleplay is for characters to either find a cure(or rather the source) of their curse, or find a way to re-assimilate into society despite their curse. I can warn all players now; even if your character stops caring about how odd they look, society certainly won't. I might even be forced to bring in a government agency that wants to hunt you all down and send you off for scientific experiments.
Just to question; will our characters have/gain any outside sympathisers who they can trust with their secret conditions, or will this be all about them and their struggles as an isolated cell?

Leki

@Silver Phoenix
Thanks for the question!
Questions are great since they not only clear things up, but also indicate how engaged people are~

Leechcraft tactics are not only accepted but encouraged.
In fact, I'd probably even go as far as saying that it's essential.
While I want to avoid keeping track of hunger, wealth, cleanliness etc
If your character hasn't eaten anything in several days, I'd expect some sort of repercussion.

In regards to leeching wifi and power, it'd be allowed. Since it's perfectly reasonable for someone to start doing that.
If you keep leeching from the same people though, a GM controlled character might intervene. For example if you keep leeching at a cafe without buying anything, (or spending hours there with only one coffee) the manager might get on your case.

As for sympathizers, I'll most likely be controlling a handful of characters that can be sympathizers, or complications. Which side of the fence they end up falling upon largely depends on how the characters play things out. To be honest, nothing's set in stone yet. But that's only because there's so many different ways this can go~

Mac84

Quote from: Benvolio on November 09, 2016, 11:43:38 PM
I'm surprised you need so many members to make everything work. What problems would starting with the number we have cause?

Quote from: Leki on November 09, 2016, 11:54:23 PM
Well technically speaking I could probably run this with any number of people; from as low as two.
The issue is that I'm specifically looking to attempt a group roleplay;
and from experience at least one or two people tend to drop off during the first few weeks, and replenishing numbers becomes a lot more difficult once things have started up.

We've only got five people committed to this at the moment, and if one or two were to drop off it'd stray from the type of group roleplay I'm attempting to run. So yeah
Technically it's not an issue, just a really strong personal preference.

I can easily understand Leki's logic, and reasoning behind having a prerequisite number of committed players as having started several group games with various levels of interest, and success myself. There is a pattern that while the interest thread may/Does generate positive interest, including tentative CSs. When it comes time to finalize the CS, and post them in a Character Thread/OOC, not even mentioning the IC thread. Many often back out. And once a Thread has started it is a bit difficult for new people to get into it.

Oniya

One nice thing about an apartment setup is that adding people is a bit easier (just stating this for anyone who comes across the thread after lay-on.)

With the criteria for occupancy being essentially 'no money, no place to go', any incoming character could have recently lost their job and gotten kicked out on the streets.

Also, my chara pic.  Detailing on the guitar might come later.

Mac84

Quote from: Oniya on November 11, 2016, 10:14:24 AM
One nice thing about an apartment setup is that adding people is a bit easier (just stating this for anyone who comes across the thread after lay-on.)

With the criteria for occupancy being essentially 'no money, no place to go', any incoming character could have recently lost their job and gotten kicked out on the streets.

Also, my chara pic.  Detailing on the guitar might come later.

Fender Strat, Nice! A good classic choice for a guitar. Though I've always been partial to the Gibson Flying "V" myself. Though being a bass player, my tastes lends itself more to base guitars like the Fender Jazz Bass, or the Rickenbacker 4001 in either Jetglo, or Fireglo.

Oniya

Sadly, I didn't have any real choices on the doller site, and I wasn't up to drawing one freehand.  My own personal guitar is an Ibanez EX 350. 

Leki

I agree that the apartment setup does make it easier to incorporate new characters, (was totally planned to be that way)!
But I think the perception will ultimately win out on most instances, and a lot of potential players will look for something more recent. I guess it's the 'new-kid's first day of school' type feeling where you're not feeling unwelcome, but there's too much to take in, and you're the only one who seems lost.

Assuming that the earlier character submissions by Avalon and Benvolio are still there, we've got 5/6 we need now.
There's not much information there yet, but I've been slowly putting things together while we wait~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=258526.msg12767970#msg12767970

As for the guitar discussion... I'm a lost cause, don't mind me xD

Avalon29