Looking for a DM for an Antiquity game [UN], [NC-E looks likely] [D&D 3.5]

Started by Blaze, January 21, 2009, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabolus Lupus

I don't think any of the possible races she could play are directly tied to Greek myth, as most people know it. But the series is tied quite heavily to the Greek gods. Mostly Artemis and Apollo.

The other problem is most anything should could play would be way too powerful for our starting level, at least in standard 3.5

Blaze

Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Muse

Quote from: The American Patriot on February 02, 2009, 04:32:20 PM
sure. we can. tehre is enough people here who'll help you get into the flow!

I've just found out that no one was assinged to help Bluejay, looked back over, and decided to take that as a request from the gm fro someone to step up and say, "I'll help you!" 

So if I have just accepted a mandate that was not offered, please let me know soon. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

The American Patriot

If you're able to help her Muse, please do... I'll reward all assistance with a great deal of in game things... and I DO take GM bribes ladies... ;)

Sorry I didn't get someone to help you sooner Miss Bluejay... i'll make it up to you. just let us know what you want to play and i'll help you!
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

bluejay

Quote from: The American Patriot on February 04, 2009, 07:08:22 PM
If you're able to help her Muse, please do... I'll reward all assistance with a great deal of in game things... and I DO take GM bribes ladies... ;)

Sorry I didn't get someone to help you sooner Miss Bluejay... i'll make it up to you. just let us know what you want to play and i'll help you!

aww! No problem. Thank you! Muse is helping me. *notes..GM takes bribes*  :)

Blaze

Here is my PC:

Damara

Damara’s mother was a forest nymph and left her when she was born. She was found by a rich sails man and his wife who took her as their own daughter. The baby was always surrounded by love and had everything she needed. Soon it was clear she was no ordinary girl. She was the most beautiful and charismatic child in the town and her voice was like touched from the goods. Her parents were very proud and send her to study in the best of schools. Damara very quickly learned how to play the lyre and for her next birthday her father gave her a lure made from the best craftsman. When she played it was like magic! Everyone seamed enchanted by her voice. But that wasn't the only thing she was good at. Her strong character and natural talent to persuade people became obvious right away. She was able to convince people whatever she liked and in Athens her teachers transformed her into a brilliant negotiator. She obviously inherited not only her beauty from her mother but some magic as well. She was able to create lights and open small objects marly with a thought. When she was old enough her father decided that she should go to the oracle in Delphi so she could learn what is her faith.

Damara has long wavy hair with the colure of old gold and deep blue eyes. Her skin is slightly dark complexion and her lips are blood red.

HALF-ELF
Alignment:
Chaotic good

Abilities
Strength 12 /+1
Constitution 14 /+2
Dexterity 16 /+3
Intelligence 14 /+2
Wisdom 12 / +1
Charisma 17 /+3

HP 25
AC: 10+3dex
BAB 2 (+3 most of the time)
REF save3+3
FORT save1+2
Will save 2+3+1

GP 5,400, 4130 ( 130 with me, and the rest are lended to the temple of Afrodity )
3 masterwork daggers
Flint and steel
Small polished bronze mirror
Pouch belt
Waterskin
Disguise kit
Healer’s kit
Masterwork Lyre
Spell component pouch
Masterwork manacles
Light horse, riding saddle, saddlebag

Feats:
Alertness
Weapons finesse
Bardik cnak

Skill Untrained Ability
Diplomacy Yes Cha  6+3+2 +2 +2
Bluff Yes Cha  7+3
Concentration Yes Con 7+2
Gather Information Yes Cha 6+ 3 +2+ 2
Knowledge (arcana) No Int 7+2
Perform (lyre) Yes Cha 6 + 3
Spellcraft No Int 7+2
Sense Motive Yes Wis 6
Listen Yes Wis 2+1+1+2
Search Yes Int 2+2+1
Spot Yes Wis 2+1+1+ 2
Intimidate Yes Cha 3+2+2
Disguise Yes Cha 2+3+2

Bard3
Spells known
1. Daze: Humanoid creature of 4 HD or less loses next
action.
2. Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
3. Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
4. Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
5. Summon Instrument: Summons one instrument of the caster’s
choice.
6. Message: Whispered conversation at distance.

1. Magic Mouth M: Speaks once when triggered.
2. Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
3. Detect Secret Doors: Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.

Sorcerer1
Spells known
1. Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small
object.
2. Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
3. Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
4  Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within
60 ft.

1. Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
2. True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.

Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

Muse

okay, i would like to try the concept of the a classic greek hero in the style of Theseus, mighty enough to make legends of but cunning, intelligent, wise, treacherous, arrogant, and skirting the line between suicidally foolish and courageous enough to challenge the gods and win. 

I think he might have 2 levels of Rogue and 2 levels of Fighter. 

patriot, is there a roll in the backstory he might play? 

DReam, can you give me some mytical/historical/game adaptation advise? 

Ladies, beware if you value your virtue.  ;) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blaze

Quote from: Muse on February 05, 2009, 02:10:19 PM
okay, i would like to try the concept of the a classic greek hero in the style of Theseus, mighty enough to make legends of but cunning, intelligent, wise, treacherous, arrogant, and skirting the line between suicidally foolish and courageous enough to challenge the gods and win. 

I think he might have 2 levels of Rogue and 2 levels of Fighter. 
(snipped)
Sounds like 2 levels of Barbarian might be more useful instead of the Fighter. I mean, you get more hit points, evasion, and rage - which is just fine for your suicidally foolish tendencies. And since you have levels in rogues, you wouldn't be illiterate anyway.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS