Spelljammer- Adventures on the (Insert ship name here)

Started by Lancis, October 13, 2006, 12:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

Adventure on the high seas... sort of :)

A Spelljammer type (do note the type) Adventure, Ships that can traverse air,space, and sea. Beautiful wenches, Rowdy pirates, and creatures of all sorts. Even ninjas! :)

The game will be set in a world of my design and will be played on a house rules style D&D 2nd (yes  2nd) edition.

If I get enough interest and make the game I will of course explain all the rules of character creation. :)

The group will even get to name the ship.

Oh yes, this will be a heroes adventure, tho I may consider a well thought out villian!

All base races, plus the following as PC races

Trolls
Chakats
Orcs
Lizard women/men
Centaurs
and many more!

In the depths of space long ago, a great treasure known as the "true helm" was lost. But now a map has been found with the location of this treasure, can you find it before someone else does?

I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

RubySlippers

2ND EDITION!!!! I have the rulebook and priests handbook but never played Spelljammer. So might do this one.

ZK

Oooh, Spelljammer. The main reason Planescape was created [All those people complaining about no actual planar resources and such. *gigglefits*] Well, both games are awesome. It's been a while since I seen anything 2nd Edition here.

But a Chakat? As in the furry Chakat? Now that is going to be interesting. A hermaphroditical taur...
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Jefepato

Spelljammer (or something like it), holy crap!

My experience with 2nd edition is minimal, but I can relearn.  I realize there's a book on nonstandard races (in fact I have it, if I remember right), but how would trolls work as a PC race?

Mindhazingsquid

Quote from: Z.K. on October 13, 2006, 11:28:50 AM
But a Chakat? As in the furry Chakat? Now that is going to be interesting. A hermaphroditical taur...

You could make it a (gender) modified Wemic, they're leonoid 'taurs.
Anyway, I'd totally be game for Spelljammer!

ZK

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Lancis

Trolls lose their regeneration abilities as Pcs...

Chakats (yes furry, herm, Chakats.)
Wemics are allowed to

I will gladly help anyone relearn the system and count... 4 people interested so far. I will request a siren to start it

Spelljammer Adventures

will be the name :)

Mindhazingsquid

Hmm, a wemic would be cool.  I wish I knew in advance.  I have a lot of cool books.  Maybe a tinker...

Lancis

Tinker gnomes! lol ("Launch catapault!" the lever was thrown and the whole catapault flung into the air landing some fifty feet away onto the advancing cavalry) lol

As we wait, folks can get started I will post Character creation rules (my house rules)

Roll 4d6 drop the lowest (pretty standard) i do not want to see the rolls I choose to trust my players. :)

All characters (and monsters) will have Max HP (including con bonuses)

Priests get bonus spells for Wisdom
Wizards get bonus spells for Int (use the wisdom table)

Starting level is 4

There are NO max levels or racial restrictions for any base class (paladin,fighter,ranger, priest, wizard,thief, bard, etc, so yes you can have the Elven Paladin.) :)

Multi class has to be approved, and may be no more then 2 classes.

Multiclass takes the best stats (of their classes) for saves, thaco, etc

Priests pray for spells, they dont need a spell list like a wizard has.

multi-race (except half-elf) have to be approved.. no wemic/chakats running around without permission.

Lancis

ZK

Mindhazingsquid

ZK

Mindhazingsquid

Lancis

Lancis

Spelljammer Adventures is still seeking players!

It's a Second Edition game, plot driven with adult tones, and a chance to explore the universe :)