X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daelen

I definitely don't want to step on any toes. I've read through your bio, Kuroneko, and I don't think we're going to run into much if any crossover. Tony will more than likely be amazed by Forge's abilities with machines, and wish he could do some of that. When he built his suit the suit had to walk him through it. He tinkers with a heavy hand, because he doesn't have that same innate understanding of how the machines and mechanical energy work. That being said, I will gladly change characters if it will cause any issues.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!

"This is Life. The struggle is what reminds us to draw breath."

Empyrean

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Arianna Foley
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Elixir (assigned codename), Ari, Annie, Anna
Citizenship and other legal info: American citizen, juvenile criminal record
Place of Birth: New Orleans, Louisiana
Education: Intermittent, in remedial courses to catch up to high school sophomore level

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Green
Ethnicity: Caucausian
General Appearance: Arianna is petite and willowy. Although she has a figure, she usually dresses in casual attire that doesn't always display it to it's best. She tends towards a found style, putting together whatever she finds to make her outfits. (Playby image will be Megan Fox if I can ever get the picture up)

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Bisexual
Ons/Offs: Same as player on/offs
Goals: Her immediate goals are simply to figure out this new world she's joined and hope she finds a safe haven.
Wealth Level: 1
Personality: Arianna is a bit of a duality. On the one hand she's empathetic and patient. She learned to read a room early, and she can be nice. But her life on the streets has hardened her. She doesn't trust easily, but when she does warm up to someone she tends to do so wholeheartedly. She's learned to present what she thinks people want to see, but she's not sure she knows who she is. Especially not with the discovery of her powers. She questions herself more than she lets on, and her cynical wit is often turned inwards against herself.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:
Year: High school sophomore
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS:
Fighting: 2 - Agility: 4 - Strength: 2 - Endurance: 3 - Reason: 3 - Intuition: 3 - Psyche: 3

POWERS:

BIOKINESIS   Arianna is capable of manipulating organic molecules in herself and in others by touch even through clothing. She is currently able to induce healing in herself or others, or cause gross physical harm in others (broken bones, burst blood vessels and the like.) Her healing is currently limited to gross injuries as well: severe burns, broken bones, blunt-force trauma.

With training and knowledge of biology, she will be able to treat viruses, remove addictions, sedate others harmlessly, cause or cure cancers, and other refined biokinetic manipulations. 

ADVANTAGES:
Quick Reflexes - While not superhuman, Arianna has learned to trust her instincts and react with very good reflex speed.
Hand-eye Coordination - Arianna is very good at quick mental measurements and projections.
Light Sleeper - Arianna sleeps very lightly, as if always wired to get up and move on extreme short notice.

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
Low Drug and Alcohol Tolerance - Arianna's tried a few street drugs and booze in her time, but for some reason her body can't tolerate high amounts of either.
Fatigue - Because she sleeps lightly, she doesn't always get a good night's sleep and can be groggy and disoriented.
Nightmares- The other reason she sleeps so lightly is because she suffers from chronic nightmares. She can't describe them but they do scare her awake and often prevent sleeping.

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
Pickpocketing: - Hard experience has made Ari a very good pickpocket and sleight-of-hand artist.
Conning: - Life on the streets has taught Ari how to get very good at conning other people, especially for sympathy, food, and money.
Rudimentary Streetfighting- Ari's picked up a few dirty tricks for surviving a streetfight. Nothing formal or fancy, but she knows how to kick a crotch or stab with a switchblade and run like hell.
Lockpicking- Arianna is a very good lockpicker, skilled with both manual and combination locks.
Shoplifting: She's a good shoplifter, and good at finding buyers for what she steals.

HISTORY:

Arianna was born in New Orleans, Louisiana in July 2004 to Mark and Sophie Foley. Mark and Sophie were ecstastic to be first-time parents. They had good jobs (Mark owning his own construction company and Sophie managing the books), they had a nice home, and they wanted this child. For the first year of her life Arianna lived happily, like many other children. It was the coming of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 that changed things. Sophie was killed during the storm when a tree fell on their house. Mark escaped to the roof with baby Arianna and held out until rescue choppers eventually found them. But although they escaped the city, that day forever changed their family. Mark was completely unprepared to be a single father. His grief at Sophie's death, his shock at losing everything he'd ever worked for, and the needs of a toddler child were overwhelming. He stumbled through life in a daze, moving from one emergency shelter or temporary home to the next. He was barely taking care of himself during this time, and had little left over for a growing girl who needed constant attention. It only got worse as she got older. She looked so much like Sophie. She even had some of her mannerisms. And of course, as she developed the ability to talk, she started talking back. Mark couldn't have that. He punished her harshly, and lost himself in the bottle whenever he could. Arianna learned quickly how to read a room and gauge her father's moods. Five miserable years passed in this fashion. It wasn't until she was six that things started to change.

By this time the FEMA money and living space were gone. Mark had landed in a run-down apartment complex in Baton Rouge, subsisting on under-the-table work. Arianna was left to fend for herself. One of the neighbors began to notice the little girl wandering around the dumpsters, the backs of local resturants, wherever she could find or beg or steal a meal. The elderly woman watched for months as the girl scraped by, and more than once sported black eyes and split lips from her father's rages. At first the old woman didn't want to meddle. But when the girl was picked up by local authorities for a failed pickpocketing, the old woman came forward. Her testimony, and a surprise visit from Child Protective Services, uncovered what was going on. Arianna was removed from her home. After a trip through foster care she found herself in the care of a distant aunt in Primm, Nevada. For a while things were okay. Aunt Rosemary certainly didn't approve of the drunken wretch her sister had married and made no secret of it. But she treated the child well. She saw to it that Arianna got to live the life of a normal child and for seven years all was well. Then Aunt Rosemary was hit by a drunk driver and killed. Arianna knew what was going to happen, and she fled. She had bad memories of foster care and took her chances on the streets. For the next four years she made it on her own, doing what she had to do to survive. Her discovery of her powers came completely by accident. One day when she was out pickpocketing she slipped up. The guy had looked like an easy mark but it turned out he was a wannabe gangster with a gun and a chip on his shoulder. He chased her and shot her down in an alley. She lay there on the cold concrete, bleeding out from three shots in the chest, and felt despair closing in. At that moment, she felt a strange cool tingling begin to pervade her body. With grunts of pain, she began to push the bullets out of her. She felt bone knit and flesh smooth back into place. Her bleeding stopped. She found herself on her hands and knees in the alley, perfectly healed and alive. And she could hear the guy who shot her running off with his wallet. She didn't think. She chased him now. She chased him through the alleys, twice healing from the bullets he shot at her in panic. Then she grabbed his shoulder. All she knows is that one minute the guy was running from her and the next minute she felt something flow out of her. Then he was screaming and collapsing. She took the wallet and ran, barely noticing the people who had seen her.

It was only a couple of days before the Primm police found her. They accused her of breaking the guy's legs as they took her in. She had spent the last couple of days trying to figure out what the hell was happening to her, and she hotly denied breaking anyone's legs. She was booked into juvie. She figured she'd do her time and get put in the foster care system when the strange woman came with an offer for her: to join some faraway school where she'd learn what she was. It was either that or the juvenile and foster care system so she figured why the hell not?

Kuroneko

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on June 05, 2014, 01:46:41 PM
Both of these are true and good points. Forge in the comics doesn't communicate directly with him, but it was allowed.  They're both Canon characters, so technically one wouldn't take precedence over the other as far as powers go - but that said I'd like to see some uniqueness brought between the two powers - The same way we've got 3 separate Plays with Fire Stuff types that are unique in their own ways.

Looking them over they do seem to be a bit different. Forge has an innate understanding of how they all work, with the machines talking to him  to tell him how to fix or change them, etc. With Tony it seems a more literal talking, but without the innate understanding. Forge could 'talk' to a machine to find out how to fix it, Tony couldn't. But Tony could probably talk to an electronic door and coax it to open.

The more I look at them the more they seem unique from each other. Maybe we can just spell it out a bit more to keep them more separate from eachother? I imagine Forge would make a great mentor for the young Stark.

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 01:54:30 PM
I definitely don't want to step on any toes. I've read through your bio, Kuroneko, and I don't think we're going to run into much if any crossover. Tony will more than likely be amazed by Forge's abilities with machines, and wish he could do some of that. When he built his suit the suit had to walk him through it. He tinkers with a heavy hand, because he doesn't have that same innate understanding of how the machines and mechanical energy work. That being said, I will gladly change characters if it will cause any issues.

Forge has an innate ability from his mutant power, which he interprets as the spirit of the machines talking to him, part and parcel of being a medicine man in this incarnation. The reality is, it's his mutant power that manifests in a way he understands ;)

I'm not asking anyone to change characters, just for what Orange has said - a clear distinction between the powers of the two characters. As long as it's clear that Tony is simply talking to machines but doesn't have the same understanding of machines that Forge does, we'll be fine. I think the problem is this line in your bio - "Tony has always had an understanding of machines, from a very early age." That's what Forge does. I'm probably being too literal, lol.

My suggestion to Orange was that Tony's power was superhuman intelligence, which would allow him to create the inventions that he's famous for, including the suit and an interface that allows him to talk to it, since he often refers to himself as a genius in the comics. But, he's not my character ;).

I agree with Orange that Forge would make an excellent mentor for young Tony.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Daelen

Ahhh I do see the issue, with that line. I mean it more as a "Oh, I see what you did there" when looking at blueprints or even a working machine. That part is not supernatural, for him. It's just a knack for engineering. I made some adjustments to the wording to make that a little more clear.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 03:38:04 PM
Ahhh I do see the issue, with that line. I mean it more as a "Oh, I see what you did there" when looking at blueprints or even a working machine. That part is not supernatural, for him. It's just a knack for engineering. I made some adjustments to the wording to make that a little more clear.

Awesome, thanks Daelen. I appreciate you're willingness to be flexible on all this. Tony and Forge should have some interesting times together ;).

Daelen

No problem, Kuroneko! As I said I definitely don't want to step on any toes here, and I see the issue you had there. And I just hope that Forge can handle the little shit that Tony is gonna be! *Laughs*

King Serperior

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 04:38:00 PM
No problem, Kuroneko! As I said I definitely don't want to step on any toes here, and I see the issue you had there. And I just hope that Forge can handle the little shit that Tony is gonna be! *Laughs*
Let's just say that is little Tony pisses off Paige/Husk, he'll get an iron fist to the stomach.  Never make a Southern girl mad  >_>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Astrofig

Could someone possibly point me in the direction of that 'up for adoption' section that was mentioned earlier? I wanna see if somebody I might know how to play could be available!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Astrofig on June 05, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
Could someone possibly point me in the direction of that 'up for adoption' section that was mentioned earlier? I wanna see if somebody I might know how to play could be available!

That was literally just instated this morning, so I don't think there is an official listing for it yet. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 04:38:00 PM

Forge is so laid back and mellow that I'm sure it''l be fine ;).

Astrofig

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 05, 2014, 05:44:16 PM
That was literally just instated this morning, so I don't think there is an official listing for it yet. :)
Ahhh, okay! Lol!

I do have another question, though (I'm sorry! Please don't hit me! *cowers*)

I saw somebody's doing young Tony Stark; what about a young Steve Rogers? He'd more than likely be pre-serum so his drawback would be that he's a skinny asthmatic who gets pneumonia at the slightest draft, but....yeah. Possible? Not?

Empyrean

Can't believe I forgot to copy over her history! It's fixed now. :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Astrofig on June 05, 2014, 06:47:30 PM
Ahhh, okay! Lol!

I do have another question, though (I'm sorry! Please don't hit me! *cowers*)

I saw somebody's doing young Tony Stark; what about a young Steve Rogers? He'd more than likely be pre-serum so his drawback would be that he's a skinny asthmatic who gets pneumonia at the slightest draft, but....yeah. Possible? Not?

Steve is already established as an adult NPC in the background provided for the story so I don't think so.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Astrofig

Lady Lunarius

I'm still working on Bishop. Having a few issues at the moment with her back story she's being a pain LOL well my muse is. I'm being picky I think. Idk. But she'll be up soonish
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Daelen

I am sure that Tony is going to piss off plenty of people... but he's a lovable jerk, at least! I'm very excited about this game.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
I am sure that Tony is going to piss off plenty of people... but he's a lovable jerk, at least! I'm very excited about this game.

Oh could see Shade beating him a bit. LOL
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

King Serperior

Quote from: Daelen on June 05, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Indeed.  Maybe Husk can use her Southern Charms to have him help her through her math classes or something  hehe

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Astrofig

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 05, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
There's other potential options.  Like MVP(s) and KIA.

I, uh...I don't understand what those mean in this context....

Zipporah

I have an idea for a character based on one I've played before, and I wanted to see if it would be ok to build her here. Her full name is Penelope Christine Wright, but she goes by Penny (or Lucky Penny). For as many generations as they can remember her family has had one member in each generation born with the ability to see streams of probability and follow the ones that are favorable to them. It takes more physical and mental energy to "reach" for streams that are less likely, and the longer she has to use her powers without resting the more likely she is to slip up and have something not work or outright backfire on her. In this story, Penny would be close to 17; she grew up in a defunct mill town in South Carolina with three brothers who tormented her the way brothers are best at, but also tried to protect her from anyone else who might try to bother her. It was hard for Penny to grow up without anyone else around who was like her, although she was always good at making friends, she found that once her abilities made themselves known it could be hard to keep them. She hopes that a different school might give her a chance to hone her abilities, do some good in the world, and get away from the broken-down little town she grew up in...including her brothers, who always scare off her dates.

Rave

I think that's a unique take on probability manipulation. We have a couple of those in the RP already, but I think you're the first to actually be able to see 'Streams' of possibility and chances. Kind of clairvoyance. I like that.

Zipporah

Thanks! The concept involves some passive use of the ability, sidestepping to avoid getting hit by a flying object in a similar way to how someone might reflexively duck if they saw it, but the flashier stuff involves learning to time her "grabs" for the streams and hold on.

Zipporah

Looking at the Character Sheet, is there a list of classes offered somewhere?

King Serperior

Makes me think of that movie preview called "Lucy."  Strands of the world are around her and she's the puppetmaster.  *sighs*  I sooooooo want to watch that  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace