News:

Main Menu

Choose a Tune for Bond

Started by Spookie Monster, November 11, 2008, 06:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

So Quantum of Solace is coming out here on Friday.  Sweet!  Another Bond movie arrives.  I confess that I haven't really been paying much attention to the newer Bond movies, but I'm a big fan of the older ones.

One of my favorite elements of the Bond movies is the music.  The orchestral pieces are iconic, of course, and the main themes are often amazing.  I myself particularly like "You Only Live Twice," "We Have All the Time in the World," "Live and Let Die," and "Nobody Does It Better."  So freaking cool.  I've read that the theme for Quantum of Solace is called "Another Way to Die"; it's performed by Jack White and Alicia Keys and was actually written by Jack White.  How is it?  I don't know -- I haven't heard it yet!

There have been so many super Bond themes.  Every once in a while, however, I hear a song which I think should have been a Bond theme.  It's got the right mood, the right sound, the right everything.  I understand why the producers couldn't use it -- great songs outnumber Bond movies, after all -- but I imagine nonetheless what it would be like if they had somehow used it.  I close my eyes, I listen to the music in my mind, I watch the opening credits roll.

I doubt that I'm alone.  My question for you, therefore, is this: Which song that wasn't a Bond theme should have been a Bond theme?  Any song from any era is all right with me.  And please note that the song in question doesn't have to work with any specific Bond movie; it just has to be suited to a Bond movie.  I'm interested to hear your ideas!

Spel

P.S.: Did you know that ninjas once saved the power behind the Bond movie franchise?  Even ninjas love James Bond!  (True story... kind of.  Too bad the ninjas couldn't have saved some other lives that day...)

I gazed a gazely stare...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

adventurer

I am truly a fan of Bond Sound Tracks. Not only mucic, but lyrics belonging to it.

Simply want to refer to the Ninja Addendum :)

I practiced Ninjutsu/Ninpo for a long time and for sure the ancient Ninjas and the modern ones -two of them were consulting 1 or 2 Bonds movies -had what it takes for modern agents. No matter if MI6, CIA, Mossad or whatever. :)

The beauty of Bond is the mystery . The imagination and the combination of many dimensions.

"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Lilias

Aware of how much of a break from tradition it is, I still can't help suggesting this. It's class, cosmopolitanism, and sultry femininity, all rolled into one.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

adventurer

Only the mATRIX Trilogy is beating Bond for me. At least part 1.

As the complexity of reality and its dimensions is quintessential for any Avantgarde Film of 21st century for me.

In this way Matrix 1 -from 1999 -was the first film of 21st century for me.
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I'd thought that this topic was dead on arrival!

Thanks again!

Spel

And away they soared...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

adventurer

Spel,

nothing dies, only changes form :) :)

These are the secrets of transformation and metamorphosis  :)

Very best,

A.
(Plato)