Family of Blood (Sandbox, Political, Incest, MxM)

Started by Roen, September 11, 2015, 10:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

The lad, who wished he was still a boy, walked down the aisle towards his blood.

His outfit was ridiculous, so outdated and so uncomfortable, as traditional dressings tend to be. It wasn’t made to his measurements, since no living tailor crafted these outfits nowadays. None of it was current, some of it wasn’t even legal.

“Blood for blood.” They recited.
“Mine for yours.” The lad replied, as instructed.
“Yours for ours.” They answered.

His father was there, standing so tall, his brothers as well.  “Love your blood.” His father instructed once the lad arrived.
“My blood and no other.” The lad responded.

“Serve your blood.” His oldest brother, the Heir, demanded.
“Blindly and willfully.” He answered as the old texts instructed.

“Protect your blood.” Said the second in line, the Warrior.
“From without to within.”

“Be true to your blood.” Preached the third brother, the Priest.
“I’ll speak no false.” The lad vowed.

“Sooth your blood, and fill it with joy.” The fourth brother snuck a playful smirk. The Master was a spirited one.
“With my wit, my flesh and soul.” The young man’s face remained unfazed, although his innards were crawling and knotting within him.

“Blood for blood.” Father concluded.
“Mine for yours.” The lad replied.
“Yours for ours.” His brothers replied.

The lad finally managed to raise his gaze to his father. His eyes glinted both with hope as with fear. The older male eyed his youngest son for a stretching moment, as if calculating his worth as well as the quality of his performance. Then, seconds before the delay would be considered shameful, the older man nodded.

The lad swallowed and nodded back, his hands felt as if they were shaking when he raised them to his knots, but in truth they acted with decisive calmness as they undid the laces. In a matter of moments, the young man’s clothes dropped to the floor.

One by one they approached him.
First approached the Father.
Second came the Heir.
Third came the Warrior.
Fourth came the Priest.
And at last joined the Master.

A new Kadan was born to the family of blood.

First off, just to clarify, this is an all-male game. I don’t care what gender you are- I welcome all- but the characters need to be males. It’s just one of those games.
As the tags might have suggested, this game will include MxM and incest in bulk and could include some extreme material (rape, violence, etc.), so if you’re not okay with that- maybe you should look elsewhere.

That said, we can start talking about-
In a world that has already forsaken the chains of monarchy for the sake of capitalism and democracy, where the few enjoy the fruits of sweat and labor of the many, it is a rare thing to find actual lasting dynasties that not only avoid squandering their wealth and power, but actually manage to increase its stocks and various values with each generation. The family of blood, the Blutgott’s, is one of those rare few, and the reason for that is the dynasty’s religious and zealous adhering to the old ways of the world’s royalties and nobilities. I’m talking about traditions that are hundreds if not thousands of years old, some of them not only considered archaic and barbaric, but are downright illegal in most progressive states.

One of those traditions is a very straightforward no-exceptions hierarchy of roles and standings between the family members.
*The illustrations below had been taken from or inspired by the game Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The Father- the head of the family. The current owner and head of all family businesses, the final word is his, as long as he is proven competent. He’s there to keep his sons in line and make sure the traditions are kept down to the letter of the law. It takes a unanimous vote of the entire family to declare the father no longer fit to run the house, at which point all of his authorities, responsibilities, ownerships and privileges transfer to the first born. Naturally, by that stage most brothers had already established relocated to anywhere across the globe, using their hard earned ties and means to secure various positions of power, some within the Blutgott organization, others without.   

The Mother- Basically, she’s there to take care of all the old fashion (and more than slightly chauvinistic) mother and wife duties- she keeps the house and family in form, figuratively and literally, she’s there for formal and ceremonial reasons, an arm candy for the cameras, a more humane face for the business empire that has none. Most importantly, though, she’s there because she have been picked through a meticulous screening process in effort to find the best genetic combination to complement the father’s genetic pool. Plainly speaking, she’s there to give birth to the dynasty next set of super-babies. Once she’s outgrown that purpose, her stocks in the family plummet, unless she’s able to make one of the more powerful sons her loyal ally/puppet.

Daughters- When/if there are any, they don’t have any real status within the family. Basically, they are very well taken care of until they’re old enough to be married for business/political alliances.

The First Born- The Heir. His father’s main successor, he gets the biggest piece of the pie. Engineered, conditioned and then groomed to someday take his father’s place at the head of the family, being trained and educated by the father from boyhood, slowly and gradually taking over authorities and responsibilities he has proven he can improve upon. In absence of his family, he has great power over his brothers, and he shouldn’t be trifled with. Having the most coveted standing amongst the brothers, he has everything to lose- and very few people to answer to. Can be ousted by a unanimous vote of all three of his brothers, but the burden is on them to prove his incompetence. Ousting usually means death or a denouncement (which his arguably worse, in this family).

The Second Born- The Warrior. Usually one intensively trained and groomed to reach a high ranking military station at the country the family resides at. Second in line, he is to use his government appointment to further the family’s interest, while single handedly taking care of the organization’s security arrangements. Although not nearly as powerful as his older brother, the warrior is still a force to be reckoned with, mainly because he controls the security detail, facilities and surveillance around the many dynasty’s estates. Can be ousted by a unanimous vote of all three of his brothers, but the burden is on them to prove his incompetence. Ousting usually means death or a denouncement.

The Third Born- The Priest. Religion can be a highly profitable pursuit if done correctly, and the Blutgotts are nothing if not resourceful when it comes to profit. The third son would be elevated along the ministerial ranks of the main religious institution of that country, usually using the connections the family keeps in there, thanks to the previous generation’s priest. He’s also the family’s spiritual advisor, both in current religion and the old ways- which are a religion of themselves. He’s in charge of studying the ancient laws and be fully fluent in the traditions, as the family expert, it’s his duty to know all the subtleties of the laws, guide the various rituals and testify when an infringement has been made. In a house where the tradition is the law, you really don’t want to openly cross the lore-keeper. Can be ousted by a unanimous vote of all three of his brothers, but the burden is on them to prove his incompetence in accordance to the lore. Ousting for the priest means certain death.

The Fourth Born- The Master. This one gets a privilege that none of his other brothers do- leading a life of his choosing, to an extent. Basically, he can choose any career he’d like, as long as he excels in it- a scientist, an artist, a university professor, an architect or any other field that keeps scores. This wild card was created to allow diversity, to allow evolving and expanding of the family’s prowess. Simply put, the master is there to give the current generation its signature mark and make sure the family doesn’t get too constrained by traditions and fore-planning. The fourth born is basically powerless, but that also means he has nothing to lose. For that reason he’s usually kept on everyone’s best side. Ousting doesn’t mean much to the fourth born, but if he’s caught plotting against his brothers or family, he will be denounced- and then it’s open season on his life.

The Fifth Born- The Kadan. The Kadan is basically the family’s servant for all intents and purposes. He has no status aside from his calling: to keep his brothers and father happy and cooperative. He’s the glue of the family, the lover in their beds, the shoulder to cry on and the layman to give an unbiased opinion on a problem. He is to be taken care of by the house coffers for the rest of his life, as long as the house prospers- which means that the house’s success should be his only personal interest. The head of the family is responsible to make sure the Kadan is well provided and he is forbidden from managing that provision in order to sway the Kadan in his favor.
Why would he want the Kadan in his favor?
The Kadan’s unique neutral standing, the fact that he can never hold actual power over his brothers and that he can’t be bribed or blackmailed, makes him the perfect intermediary to solve indifferences, resolve feuds and supervise agreements and/or wagers between his brothers.
For that, being the peacemaker, keeping his brothers satisfied, taking their daily burdens off their shoulders and keeping the family from falling apart, the Kadan do get a special place of honor in the old tradition, and he is to be respected, in formal occasions.

He does have his own restriction:
The Kadan is never to pick a side between family members, the only side he’s allowed to take action for is the house’.
He isn’t allowed to make any moves to better his position.
He isn’t allowed to lay with anyone outside his family, unless instructed so by a family member.
The Kadan is expected to treat all of his family members equally and never favor any of them in particular.
He is never to disclose information told to him in discretion, unless provided with a substantial reason to do so.
He is never to speak of what happens between him and a family member behind closed doors.

All of these infringements are punishable in ways that vary in their severity. If a Kadan is proven to have acted against the house’s interest for his own personal gain, it is punishable by death, and it won’t be a pretty one. Seeing how important the Kadan’s integrity and loyalty is, rogue Kadans are made gruesome examples of.

The Kadan is expected to adhere to his family members’ different tastes and preferences, it goes as far as he is trained to modify his behavior around them, to better complement their styles and satisfy their every need.
And sure, he is to be respected for that. Does that mean he can’t be raped? Beaten? Threatened? Tortured even? The answer to that is simple: If it pleases one of his brothers or his father, not only should he allow that, he’s expected to encourage it. The brothers are supposed to consider the Kadan a confidant, a confessor that never judges.
Everything they need, it’s where what they need merges with what they do to further their individual goals that things get interesting.

To enforce those roles and maximize each member’s potential and inherit aptitude for that assigned role, endless practices in genetic-engineering and conditioning are being put to use. Genetic-selection makes sure that each first born will be the most cunning, charismatic and presentable heir there is, each warrior will be the most physically capable, each priest have the highest intellectual affinity, each master hone the most creative capability and each Kadan- the most physically appealing, creative, patient and adaptive.

This will be a semi-sandbox game with a grander plot, which will take place in the family estates, we’ll start at the main one. I will be taking on the role of the Kadan as a main character, and I’d like at least five other players to play the father and brothers. You don’t have to play a brother or a father, if you want to play someone outside the family that’s trying to get a piece of the cake, like a brother in law- one of the daughters’ husbands, perhaps?

This is a game of politics, of conspiracies and family relations where family bonds matter very little and yet very much. What sort of character would you play? The ambitious brother trying to get more than his share? A father struggling to maintain his hold in the face of a first born trying to send him into an early retirement? A loyal son looking to keep his family together? Perhaps one with a chip on his shoulder, looking to settle a score?

I’d like to stress something out- this isn’t a game designed just for all of your characters to interact with mine, this is a game about politics between the heirs of one of the most powerful houses in the world, and as it concerns the sex- it’s open season. Affairs can be created between all family members, staff and NPCs.

Q&A
Quote from: lockepick on August 21, 2015, 10:29:46 PM
You mention the 'old ways' and 'old traditions', but it seems that the game takes place in US. Can you clarify what this means? Is this simple referring to Christianity as an antiquated belief, or some more druidic/animist religion that predates that, or something else?
It wasn't intended as an actual religion. Think of it as codes of conducts, a system of rules that were fashioned and developed by old-blood, old-money families that conceived them as a way to ensure the family's success and its wealth and power not only preserved- but increased along the generations instead of what usually happens to old-money dynasties, where their offspring squander the family wealth, bicker and drive the corporations' stocks to the ground. Since this set of codes had been proven to work, they do follow them as some kind of a religion, most of the times with distinctively greater zealousness than they do with their actual religions.

Quote from: lockepick on August 22, 2015, 10:39:48 AM
That clears things up and gives me some confidence. It also makes an interesting hierarchy where all but the First Born want Dad to around as long as possible, where the First Born doesn't.

Exactly, and the father is obligated by law to train, groom and prepare the first born for the transition of power, the succession and stability of the house depend on it. So on one side he needs to give the son the same tools and means that the heir might use to betray him, and on the other- keep watching his back to make sure the impatient first born wouldn't try to overthrow him prematurely.

Then it comes to how much faith they have in the first born's strength. If the first born would plot against their father, one brother may choose to risk it and help him in exchange for favors once the first born becomes the head of the house, while other might decide to use this chance and get the first born ousted, in which case all brothers get "promoted", and if another brother has aligned with the ousted heir, it might just be a double promotion!
You can be a Blutgott without choosing to act ruthlessly and in a traitorous manner, but you still gotta be cunning and resourceful enough to protect yourself from other people's ambition and ruthlessness, you simply cannot be in the game without making any moves.

Quote from: lockepick on August 22, 2015, 10:39:48 AM
I appreciate the clarification on the classification, but I'm not sure I'm still totally understanding the types of practices you're thinking of. The closest analog I can think of is sort of like old 'Hellfire Club' stuff, or Masonic practices. Since I am interested in the Priest, did you have a specific religion in mind? Or even a type of religion? Or is that something you expect the Priest to develop? I'm happy to do so, of course. The Priest only has power in regards to law/rules if those are known, you know?

First, about religion, the priest is called a priest because his job is get into one of the religious institutions that are running the country (which are as powerful today as they were before democracy, if not more) and ascend through the ranks. The family has decided long ago to 'sacrifice' one son to conventional religion because they acknowledge the potential in it. In this case, I'd say one of the more popular schools of Christianity, your choice will undoubtedly be better than mine (not from the US).

As for the traditions and laws, we will all discuss it in length once we get a solid group to play with, I thought it might be fun to do as a part of the pregame preparations, we'll have a Book of Blood sort of thread, where we will list all the laws, bylaws and amendments as well as a list of disciplinary/punitive actions to be taken against common infringements of various severity.

This situation can be placed anywhere, at any time, I’m going to make it contemporary. Futuristic enough to allow several generations born of genetic engineering, and probably the moral degradation of modern society, but not enough to look out the window and see cars flying in the sky. I’d like to discuss the details with you once we get a group running. 

Basically, it's the modern world, only slightly more advanced to allow genetic selection/engineering to be a bit more developed. We're already there in our world, but for them it's been a couple dozen years, they can make babies that will be clean of any unwanted genetic conditions/diseases, create offspring that not only will be more intelligent, but also pick what type of intelligence they will be prone to. That's how the Blutgott dynasty has been able to specifically engineer children for the specific roles of an heir to a business empire, a competent military man, an accomplished spiritual leader.

I've been asked whether they this is some sort of a house currently ruling a country. Most likely the game will take place in the US, so there's a democracy in place, even in its future version. The family of blood is an extremely powerful and well connected family, because- who needs the headache of actually ruling a country when you can pull the strings from back stage, enjoy all the fruits of the leaders' labor and take none of the responsibility/liability?
The Blutgotts are everywhere- in the government, the military, the church, the universities, and- of course, the fortune 500 companies; many of the companies that dominate the market are tied directly to the Blutgott corporation, and that's just in the US alone, former generations of Blutgotts (the second, third, fourth and fifth brothers of previous generations) are scattered all around the globe, holding high influence positions in many fields, companies, organizations and governments abroad.

At each generation, when the father passes or simply no longer fit to lead any kind of house, the first born takes over, and when he marries and has kids- he becomes the new father and the cycle repeats. His brothers, those that have survived the political blood game up to that point, usually find their own paths by that time, establishing homes and families of their own. The preferred option is for them to relocate into considerable distance, and the last couple of years of that transition period are used to secure positions in such far away locations.

What do I mean by 'Game of Blood'? It's this his game, basically. It's the game of brothers trying to better their shares and even their stations by alliances, manipulations, deals and sometimes deadly betrayals, once the game is over and the dust sets, those that emerge victorious are all the richer and more powerful for it, and the losers- utterly destroyed (and more than rarely finished off by the 'winners'). The game in itself is a natural side effect of the competition that the status and the business oriented mentality breed, business men need to be ruthless, and that ruthlessness isn't something you can simply switch off or turn your back to. It's a necessary evil, and so there is a safeguard installed in the codes to prevent or at least mitigate its damages to the family- the Kadan; this is why his role is so critical and honored, this is why the Kadans are so severely and cruelly punished when they go astray.

The nature of these occurrences leaves brothers, uncles and cousins that aren't much interested in family reunions, and simply prefer to stay out of each other's ways. They do help each other, use each-other's ties and means when needed, of course, all for the glory of the family name.

Q&A
Quote from: lockepick on August 21, 2015, 10:29:46 PM
You mention 'moral degradation' -- can you give me a scale of how far things have degraded? I assume you're not thinking total Mad Max -- but is this so extreme as like Blade Runner or Shadowrun? Or more like the general idea of the World of Darkness setting -- everything is just a little darker and corrupt.
The latter, it takes centuries for society to crumble as you would see in settings such as Mad Max, Blade Runner and Shadowrun. The world and its society are still held together by duct-tape and moldy chewing gums, no worries. As insinuated in the teaser- parts of the family's practices are still considered illegal (i.e forced incest, false imprisonment, assassinations, rape, torture and all the less savory actions that somehow become "unavoidable" during the game of blood)

Right now we're looking for someone to take on the father character, the head of the family. The character itself hasn't been played, you can make your own version, a complete OC of yours!

The Father [The King] -- Taken - CShades
The First Born [The Heir]-- Taken - Braioch
The Second Born [The Warrior]-- Taken - Orange Marmalade
The Third Born [The Priest]-- Taken - Lockepick
The Fourth Born [The Master]-- Taken - Caehlim
The Fifth Born [The Kadan]-- Taken - Roen

[float=right][img height=300]*your character’s picture here*[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Family Station:[/b] [Father, First Born-Heir, Second Born-Warrior…etc.]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] [Gay in encouraged, but not necessary, he can still be hetero and make the Kadan the exception to that, or make no exceptions at all, the Kadan could just be a confidant, a favorite toy or a convenient servant]

[b]Appearance Adjustments:[/b] [Anything missing/not as in the picture you’ve posted.]

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] [For research.]

[b]Place of Living:[/b] [Favorite residence, the family has many, but for starter, the main estate is where the story will take place, he can come and visit if not live there.]

[b]Bio:[/b] [The regular stuff, anything from a brief to in-depth review of your character’s history.]

[b]Goals:[/b] [Your guy’s agenda. Can be censored, as long as you PM me the complete version.]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Kadan Requirements:[/b] [What are your character’s expectations of the Kadan? How does he like him to behave, what sort of role is he to play in your character’s presence behind closed doors? This can include uses, activities, roles and even preferred characteristics the Kadan is expected to express, or pretend to have, to suit your character’s needs, desires and/or personality.]

[b]Skill Set:[/b] [What is your character’s individual skill set? What is he extremely good at? What’s his edge?]

[b]Strengths:[/b] [We’re all one big [s]happy[/s] family, we know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, you should list at least three. You’re allowed one of the three that your character has been able to keep a secret, PM it to me.]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [You should list at least three. You’re allowed one of the three that your character has been able to keep a secret, PM it to me.]
[hr]

[b]Hard Limits:[/b] [Since this will go in the extreme, we’ll all need to know where you won’t go, content warning and maybe even game placement will be set accordingly.]

Mine

Name: Adam Ardan Blutgott

Family Station: Fifth Born, Kadan.

Sexual Orientation: Irrelevant, unknown.

Appearance Adjustments: Exactly like the picture, body mass depends on physical activity, physical activity depends on mood.

Faceclaim: Arthur Keller

Place of Living: His main residence is in the family estate, but he goes wherever he is needed, he has quarters in each of the various family estates.

Bio: From an early age, Adam has been taught about his place in family, first by his mother, then by his father, but mostly by his older brother, the priest. He had been spoon fed the importance of his role since before he could read or write, stories about how noble and necessary his calling would be, the importance of his sacrifice, the grave responsibility that will one day be his to bear on his own. He had been trained and educated in social subtleties protocols while his friends were playing video games, roaming the outdoors and making various uses of round objects.
Unlike some of his brothers, he wasn’t home-schooled, or at least- not during school hours, since it was important for him to develop the social skills one can only hone when exposed to a massive population of various personalities, interests and quirks. He was expected to make many friends, yet still keep his distance, become random people’s most favored companion, while keeping himself from becoming attached. It was a good practice, it kept Adam constantly busy and surrounded by people- yet he was probably the loneliest of the five sons, including the home-schooled ones. Being always around people but always keeping himself in check, putting up the face they wanted to see, saying whatever they wanted to hear, made him feel unheard, unseen, completely invisible and unable of making the simplest of honest interpersonal connections.
He wasn’t miserable about it, or at least- not aware of it, for the majority of his life- he considered that his greatest asset. Still, his position meant he had the respect, if not affection, of the majority of his family, being pampered and treated favorably by his brothers, as most runts tend to be. Adam could sense that there was more to that, they were using that time before his oath-taking to secure his loyalty, his affection and admiration. Not all, of course, it was to be expected that one or two would care more about keeping him in line, establishing their superiority and hold over him by respect, awe or fear.

Once he reached a mature age, around the age of sixteen, his training sessions evolved, changed. If during the early years he spent his afternoons learning about forks, instruments and languages, now his lessons consisted of perfecting sexual acts and performances (while keeping his virginity intact, mostly by demonstrations and theory), pain management and tolerance, physical training, he was taught about all sorts of sexual preferences and practices- how to pleasure, how to hurt, how to top, how to bottom, how to take pain and look like it was pleasurable, how to identify and encourage his partner’s deepest desires and needs. He was trained by the best in the various fields, from professional masseurs to government diplomats, from multi-billion bordello owners in Europe to human traffickers from countries he couldn’t even pin-point on the map.

Still, his least favorite study was taught to him by his third oldest brother, the priest: He was usually quite fond of his lore studies, learning all of those archaic laws, how they were seemingly barbaric yet still held some wise intent to them. He liked those lessons considerably less when they changed drastically and started depicting stories of Kadans across history, who neglected their duties and turned on their families, who plotted and schemed to get more than their fair shares, who abused the trust of their family members for their own gain. Horrible stories about tortured deaths, public humiliations, beheadings and imprisonments in horrifying conditions, and just so he would think those practices were long gone from the modern world, he was shown a video recording of a fairly recent looking Kadan who went rogue and was sent to a ruffians’ whore house in some third world country, whose clients paid a handsome sum to use them for their darkest and most savage needs. Most whores in that place don’t last the month, the Kadan in that movie was kept alive there for over five years until the recording of that video- which he did not survive. Adam couldn’t sleep or eat for week in the wake of that particular screening. He still dreams about it sometimes, on those nights his servants find him waking up in screams.

Cautionary tales, however, are best experience on the flesh, and Adam’s had a name: Johan Straus. Jon was the son of a Swedish diplomat, a close friend of his father’s uncle, who had been invited to stay at one of the family summer estates while Adam was at the age of seventeen. Adam was sent to the estate to supervise the visit, make sure the guest had all he needed and more- it was a good practice for him, as well for his somewhat wanting Swedish and German. Being at the peak of his less savory studies, Adam grew moody and distant at the time, and Jon picked up on that. He offered understanding and honest concern, as well as a pleasant distraction in the form of his company. Adam made the mistake of accepting and letting that get to him. The boys spent the better part of the summer together- just hanging out, partaking in multi-lingual conversations, hunting, swimming and frequenting the local night establishment. Adam’s second and crucial mistake was to fall for the foreign boy, and then talk about it around the help.
Not one week after Johan returned to Sweden, his eldest brother, the heir, sent a package to his room. The package consisted of three items: A picture of the recently deceased Johan sitting in a bloody bath with his wrists cut open, the Swede’s signet ring and a simple note in his brother’s handwriting:

“Our decisions have consequences, brother.
Never forget.”

Adam kept that ring closest to him ever since, and he never forgotten.

When the time came, Adam took his ceremonial vows and vowed to himself he would do anything he can to be the best Kadan the dynasty had in recent history.

Goals: Adam fully intent on fulfilling his calling the best he can. He truly cares about his family, his house and the thriving of his dynasty, his duty means everything to him. That said, he has no intention of being a mere servant to his brothers, he is fully aware of his situation and has every intention of establishing the respect and awe he believes the Kadan’s status should inspire. He’ll work above and below the board to secure that respect and influence, risking walking the line between what is permitted, and what might get him into serious trouble.

Personality: Adam can be a very pleasant companion, extremely attentive and kind and provide a clever conversation, if that’s what you want from him. He can be a shy and fearful young man, cowering away when you raise your voice. He can be the aggressive and bratty little savage if that is what gets you going. His personality is drastically amorphous when he’s around people he’s intent on pleasing or keeping at ease. When he’s being himself, he is mostly calm, collected and insightful, his wit is sharp, sometimes stingingly. Manipulation is in his nature, it’s not something he can turn off and on at will, sometimes he doesn’t even realize he’s doing it.
He’s an opportunist, but religiously and fearfully secretive about it, probably the only vice he had ever been taught to be wrong and immoral.

Skill Set: He is fluent in English, French, German, Swedish (though he doesn’t speak it anymore), Spanish, Arabic (generic) Russian, passable in Japanese and… Well, he’s still working on his Mandarin, it’s a sore subject. He can play the piano and the guitar, he’s proficient in bow and somewhat knows his way around firearms, and he remembers enough about several martial arts to take a man down if need be. By nature, he was trained to be a jack of all trades of sorts, and that includes cooking, golfing, massaging, reciting, dancing- classic and modern, and even writing. Old folklore and middle ages poetry are his passion, but he can help a brother out with a speech or a legal disclaimer if need be.

Strengths: Highly Adaptive, Cunning, Insightful about reading people.
Weaknesses: Ambitious, Spoiled and has a bit of a temper.

Hard Limits: I’m just going to link my E O/O Page here, everything is debatable, PM me.

OOC Thread
Approved Characters
IC Thread
Book of Blood - TBA

*New* Recruitment is now CLOSED!
*New* Father- Edmond Blutgott- CShades - APPROVED!
Father Role required!
Recruitment RE-OPENED!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

CShades

How's this for Father of the Century?

Edmond James Blutgott

Name: Edmond James Blutgott

Age: Age is just a number, people say, and for the Blutgott it tends to be true. He is older than he looks, and that is usually where that conversation ends.

Family Station: Father

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Appearance Adjustments: It's pretty much on-point, maybe add some muscle mass/definition.

Faceclaim: Peter Gallagher

Place of Living: The main estate for the most part, though his favorite by far is a private island he likes to escape to when he has the chance.

Bio: There was never a doubt in Edmond's mind - he was the heir, and that was that. To further emphasise this, his father took the unpopular route of waiting more than a few years before engineering the second son, by which time he was already well-versed in most of his future duties. It ensured first that those experimental enhancements took, second - he knew this because he was no innocent even as a child - it gave them enough time to get rid of him and start again if he didn’t prove himself right away, and third it  would give the father more time to ready his playing table without any possible challenge from other than his remaining brothers - his father did possess  an unhealthy dose of paranoia of his own. He stretched it for years in fact, keeping his own remaining brothers at bay so much so that the fifth son wasn’t born until Edmond was an adult - and had to play a dangerous game to get his father’s hand forced into getting it done at last.

Together with his increasing responsibilities as an heir, he slowly took on the mantle of mentor for the younger ones. If some of them would happen to see  him as a father figure  it was at best good practice for the future - and at worst the first step in undermining his sire's position; he had no intention whatsoever to wait until he was fifty to start his own family. The old man probably never knew. It  wasn't easy to be the only one of age at that point, nor to keep up with the elder's exacting demands and lusts - though they were rather simple in comparison with Edmond's own - yet he well knew he would have to wait a little longer. He grew rather good at the waiting and planning game.  A natural socialite, he spent time on quite a few ivy league universities, taking the courses he cared to take but, mainly, creating his own network among the future leaders and thinkers of the world - there are very few of them that don’t remember him to this day, or to whom he didn’t show his favor.

Every one of his brothers learned the blood code from him, much like his sons would later, and when the time came for the last one to rise they all had all fallen to his charm. Almost all. It took him longer to bend the Kadan to his will - as it was meant to be, because he had never wanted /willingness/ from him and they were both well aware of this. His father's strength was also his weakness; the telescopic planning, the careful chess game, the incessant grooming of a successor who was ready to succeed him the moment he burst out of the womb. Succeed him he did in a quick and bloodless coup, barely a day after his youngest brother's coming out. Edmond would not make the same mistakes his father did, and even before their brothers were ready to occupy their new place in the world he had already started on the new generation. The youngest brother he kept by his side for as long as it was feasible, his main companion and soothing presence in the shadows while his wife's ascendant star provided a far more fetching target for the public eye. As his eldest came of age the former Kadan  had to go - not replaced, never replaced - but not shared either. It was His.

He has had a marked presence in the upbringing of every one of his children - the heir has the advantage here, because he has shadowed his father since he could be carried around. There is always a little more responsibility added onto his plate as well - whenever Edmond notices he has reached a plateau or conquered a new height. He has taken time to tour the warrior's locations when he is away, spending time introducing him to the right people, and likes to encourage new directions for his learning. The priest, ah. That young man inherited his charm, and his father's long sight; this is probably why he trusted him with much of the new Kadan's upbringing. The master he likes to keep close, considering all that went into his creation and the high hopes he has for him. With the fifth son, it was just slightly different - he is  aware of how much his son can read into him, and so has been very careful as to when and how they actually spent time together - it was only his sunny-charming side the young man saw, if not too often,  for a very long time.

Goals: To provide for and better his family, honor the blood and lead his brood into the next step. It is a long game.

Personality: If charm and manipulation are dangerous together, this man might be the end of the world, because there is a wide streak of sadism intertwined with them. He is, as someone once close to him said, the sort of death that makes you want to believe in reincarnation just so you can die again - and the likelihood is high you won't even know what hit you. Said someone did have a flare for the dramatic, admittedly. Edmond does have a great facility to get people to do what he wants and thank him for making it possible. It doesn't make him any easier to live with when you are family though. He has always made it a point not to use those gifts with his children - no more than he does subconsciously in any case - and tends to appear rather laid back. This is something that his sons might be encouraged to take as him being slow to action. When he does act however, it is swift, to the point, and rarely easy to watch - yet somehow never too late.  He knows fairness doesn’t exist, yet has always endeavored to be as fair as possible - at least when fairness is useful and doesn’t get in the way of a lesson learned or a particular moment of private enjoyment. He loves his family of course, everyone knows they are the first thing in his mind when he wakes and the last when he falls asleep - he /is/ the Blutgott's patriarch. 

Outside of the family, he is a rather popular person - known as  social, extroverted, funny, even warm and, more than anything, extremely consistent.  With his family, he  has  been a strong disciplinarian and the consistence was there for all of them, except for the youngest.  All the other qualities are there, yes, but dialed down quite a bit - he is not there to use his children for gain, he is to make sure they can take the family further than he already has.

Kadan Requirements: Love unconditional, enough so to be able to  rebound easily from the small (and not so small) cruelties perpetrated upon him. Respect, obedience, perfection, those are expected from all of his blood; from the last born he wants more. He wants that light in his eyes when they meet, the clear and precise acknowledgment of who he is and his part on his existence - both on its creation and continuation, as it were. The doting, spoiled son. Behind closed doors, it just happens to make the occasional look of betrayal or tears feel sweeter to him - real ones, please. He doesn’t like acting unless he can believe it, and Edmond is quite perceptive.  Because of this, it may be hard to anticipate what he wants; experience says that the best course of action is to take things at face value and enjoy the time with him - and if it becomes not quite enjoyable, to quickly assert oneself and make it clear; it will end sooner that way.

Skill Set:He has a global view of the world, and hence a global skillset - because you must to manage the sort of corporation the family has built - and aside from the skills necessary to run it he has picked up a few other stragglers of his own  - some out of practicality, others because they appealed to him, and others simply because they were necessary at one time or another - things like an expertise in foreign politics,  psychiatry, anatomy, international law and body language training. He was never an intelligence agent to anyone’s knowledge, but he did receive more than a little training from the Agency at some point.

Strengths:
Cunning -  goes without saying; bred into the blood and honed to a fine scalpel edge.
Manipulation - leadership requires strong personalities, and he has more than his share of it. Sometimes he thinks it might be too much.
Self control - he has had need of this since he was a child, and it never went unchallenged; for all his settled and friendly persona,  there are many layers  that have rarely if ever seen the sun.
Weaknesses:
Possessiveness - everything he has ever made and earned belongs to the family and he knows it, up to and including his blood. There are very few things that he keeps to himself, and he is extremely possessive of them. On the other hand, it can extend to the family itself - and good luck to whomever chooses to  threaten it.
Gluttony - Not something that  is easy to notice, thanks to the balancing strengths, but those closest to him may have an inkling of this.  Much as he measures himself and works to maintain his image, there are times when he finds it harder to  Stop.  It is  rarely the case with food, in fact, but when he finds something that actually hits him there, he doesn’t want to let it end until there is nothing left to be had - usually he can control these impulses, but there have been  very few times when they were beyond even his fabled self control.
Technology avoidance - People depend on their buttons and devices far too much for his taste - including himself. Of course, he couldn’t do a tiny percentage of what he does without  using  a lot of technology but he much prefers to leave their  operation to others - he has his phone, but there is a live assistant on the other side of it that takes care of things 24/7, people to drive and pilot him around, and  an excellently-paid crew  to  punch numbers in and get the results for him.  He much prefers the face-to-face approach.

Hard Limits: He has none that I can think of. The player has a couple that are listed here: CShades' Color Spectrum

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Roen

Quote from: CShades on September 18, 2015, 05:18:49 PM
How's this for Father of the Century?

Edmond James Blutgott

Name: Edmond James Blutgott

Age: Age is just a number, people say, and for the Blutgott it tends to be true. He is older than he looks, and that is usually where that conversation ends.

Family Station: Father

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Appearance Adjustments: It's pretty much on-point, maybe add some muscle mass/definition.

Faceclaim: Peter Gallagher

Place of Living: The main estate for the most part, though his favorite by far is a private island he likes to escape to when he has the chance.

Bio: There was never a doubt in Edmond's mind - he was the heir, and that was that. To further emphasise this, his father took the unpopular route of waiting more than a few years before engineering the second son, by which time he was already well-versed in most of his future duties. It ensured first that those experimental enhancements took, second - he knew this because he was no innocent even as a child - it gave them enough time to get rid of him and start again if he didn’t prove himself right away, and third it  would give the father more time to ready his playing table without any possible challenge from other than his remaining brothers - his father did possess  an unhealthy dose of paranoia of his own. He stretched it for years in fact, keeping his own remaining brothers at bay so much so that the fifth son wasn’t born until Edmond was an adult - and had to play a dangerous game to get his father’s hand forced into getting it done at last.

Together with his increasing responsibilities as an heir, he slowly took on the mantle of mentor for the younger ones. If some of them would happen to see  him as a father figure  it was at best good practice for the future - and at worst the first step in undermining his sire's position; he had no intention whatsoever to wait until he was fifty to start his own family. The old man probably never knew. It  wasn't easy to be the only one of age at that point, nor to keep up with the elder's exacting demands and lusts - though they were rather simple in comparison with Edmond's own - yet he well knew he would have to wait a little longer. He grew rather good at the waiting and planning game.  A natural socialite, he spent time on quite a few ivy league universities, taking the courses he cared to take but, mainly, creating his own network among the future leaders and thinkers of the world - there are very few of them that don’t remember him to this day, or to whom he didn’t show his favor.

Every one of his brothers learned the blood code from him, much like his sons would later, and when the time came for the last one to rise they all had all fallen to his charm. Almost all. It took him longer to bend the Kadan to his will - as it was meant to be, because he had never wanted /willingness/ from him and they were both well aware of this. His father's strength was also his weakness; the telescopic planning, the careful chess game, the incessant grooming of a successor who was ready to succeed him the moment he burst out of the womb. Succeed him he did in a quick and bloodless coup, barely a day after his youngest brother's coming out. Edmond would not make the same mistakes his father did, and even before their brothers were ready to occupy their new place in the world he had already started on the new generation. The youngest brother he kept by his side for as long as it was feasible, his main companion and soothing presence in the shadows while his wife's ascendant star provided a far more fetching target for the public eye. As his eldest came of age the former Kadan  had to go - not replaced, never replaced - but not shared either. It was His.

He has had a marked presence in the upbringing of every one of his children - the heir has the advantage here, because he has shadowed his father since he could be carried around. There is always a little more responsibility added onto his plate as well - whenever Edmond notices he has reached a plateau or conquered a new height. He has taken time to tour the warrior's locations when he is away, spending time introducing him to the right people, and likes to encourage new directions for his learning. The priest, ah. That young man inherited his charm, and his father's long sight; this is probably why he trusted him with much of the new Kadan's upbringing. The master he likes to keep close, considering all that went into his creation and the high hopes he has for him. With the fifth son, it was just slightly different - he is  aware of how much his son can read into him, and so has been very careful as to when and how they actually spent time together - it was only his sunny-charming side the young man saw, if not too often,  for a very long time.

Goals: To provide for and better his family, honor the blood and lead his brood into the next step. It is a long game.

Personality: If charm and manipulation are dangerous together, this man might be the end of the world, because there is a wide streak of sadism intertwined with them. He is, as someone once close to him said, the sort of death that makes you want to believe in reincarnation just so you can die again - and the likelihood is high you won't even know what hit you. Said someone did have a flare for the dramatic, admittedly. Edmond does have a great facility to get people to do what he wants and thank him for making it possible. It doesn't make him any easier to live with when you are family though. He has always made it a point not to use those gifts with his children - no more than he does subconsciously in any case - and tends to appear rather laid back. This is something that his sons might be encouraged to take as him being slow to action. When he does act however, it is swift, to the point, and rarely easy to watch - yet somehow never too late.  He knows fairness doesn’t exist, yet has always endeavored to be as fair as possible - at least when fairness is useful and doesn’t get in the way of a lesson learned or a particular moment of private enjoyment. He loves his family of course, everyone knows they are the first thing in his mind when he wakes and the last when he falls asleep - he /is/ the Blutgott's patriarch. 

Outside of the family, he is a rather popular person - known as  social, extroverted, funny, even warm and, more than anything, extremely consistent.  With his family, he  has  been a strong disciplinarian and the consistence was there for all of them, except for the youngest.  All the other qualities are there, yes, but dialed down quite a bit - he is not there to use his children for gain, he is to make sure they can take the family further than he already has.

Kadan Requirements: Love unconditional, enough so to be able to  rebound easily from the small (and not so small) cruelties perpetrated upon him. Respect, obedience, perfection, those are expected from all of his blood; from the last born he wants more. He wants that light in his eyes when they meet, the clear and precise acknowledgment of who he is and his part on his existence - both on its creation and continuation, as it were. The doting, spoiled son. Behind closed doors, it just happens to make the occasional look of betrayal or tears feel sweeter to him - real ones, please. He doesn’t like acting unless he can believe it, and Edmond is quite perceptive.  Because of this, it may be hard to anticipate what he wants; experience says that the best course of action is to take things at face value and enjoy the time with him - and if it becomes not quite enjoyable, to quickly assert oneself and make it clear; it will end sooner that way.

Skill Set:He has a global view of the world, and hence a global skillset - because you must to manage the sort of corporation the family has built - and aside from the skills necessary to run it he has picked up a few other stragglers of his own  - some out of practicality, others because they appealed to him, and others simply because they were necessary at one time or another - things like an expertise in foreign politics,  psychiatry, anatomy, international law and body language training. He was never an intelligence agent to anyone’s knowledge, but he did receive more than a little training from the Agency at some point.

Strengths:
Cunning -  goes without saying; bred into the blood and honed to a fine scalpel edge.
Manipulation - leadership requires strong personalities, and he has more than his share of it. Sometimes he thinks it might be too much.
Self control - he has had need of this since he was a child, and it never went unchallenged; for all his settled and friendly persona,  there are many layers  that have rarely if ever seen the sun.
Weaknesses:
Possessiveness - everything he has ever made and earned belongs to the family and he knows it, up to and including his blood. There are very few things that he keeps to himself, and he is extremely possessive of them. On the other hand, it can extend to the family itself - and good luck to whomever chooses to  threaten it.
Gluttony - Not something that  is easy to notice, thanks to the balancing strengths, but those closest to him may have an inkling of this.  Much as he measures himself and works to maintain his image, there are times when he finds it harder to  Stop.  It is  rarely the case with food, in fact, but when he finds something that actually hits him there, he doesn’t want to let it end until there is nothing left to be had - usually he can control these impulses, but there have been  very few times when they were beyond even his fabled self control.
Technology avoidance - People depend on their buttons and devices far too much for his taste - including himself. Of course, he couldn’t do a tiny percentage of what he does without  using  a lot of technology but he much prefers to leave their  operation to others - he has his phone, but there is a live assistant on the other side of it that takes care of things 24/7, people to drive and pilot him around, and  an excellently-paid crew  to  punch numbers in and get the results for him.  He much prefers the face-to-face approach.

Hard Limits: He has none that I can think of. The player has a couple that are listed here: CShades' Color Spectrum

Approved!
But you already knew that :P

Welcome aboard!

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Recruitment is now tentatively closed.

If you do have a character and a burning yearn to join, PM me and we'll talk!

-Nathan Alterman.

Astrofig