News:

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So it is out, I find it fun.  Lets all post adventure stories.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SinXAzgard21

About to give multiplayer a shot.

Inkidu

Do tears scale with your level, because I'm getting murdered. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Drake Valentine

I got it, but haven't played it yet.

Actually, got Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition at same time.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on November 19, 2014, 05:24:22 PM
Do tears scale with your level, because I'm getting murdered. :P

I've ran into level 8-12 areas and cried as I ran away.  Sacrifice companions in order to live and so on.  You really have to remember to manage your gear and update what your gear is built with.

If you are playing a non tanking warrior, as in you don't use taunts and so on, I would suggest building one.  It makes life easier on your squishies.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 19, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
I've ran into level 8-12 areas and cried as I ran away.  Sacrifice companions in order to live and so on.  You really have to remember to manage your gear and update what your gear is built with.

If you are playing a non tanking warrior, as in you don't use taunts and so on, I would suggest building one.  It makes life easier on your squishies.
Well that's all well and good, but I just wanted to make sure they weren't scaling up.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on November 19, 2014, 08:13:35 PM
Well that's all well and good, but I just wanted to make sure they weren't scaling up.

Everything scales with you.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 19, 2014, 10:40:49 PM
Everything scales with you.
Fuck. Which is BS because I'm not finding or able to buy better armor or upgrades. Straight-up level scaling does not work. :|

EDIT: Technically it shouldn't matter since Bioware has the current anti-grind thing going. The exp you get is all you're ever going to get. It's not like Oblivion where you could totally screw yourself level-up wise.

I just don't like level scaling. Too much can just go wrong.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on November 19, 2014, 10:43:22 PM
Fuck. Which is BS because I'm not finding or able to buy better armor or upgrades. Straight-up level scaling does not work. :|

EDIT: Technically it shouldn't matter since Bioware has the current anti-grind thing going. The exp you get is all you're ever going to get. It's not like Oblivion where you could totally screw yourself level-up wise.

I just don't like level scaling. Too much can just go wrong.

I know where you are coming from with level scaling, it sucks ass.  Some areas baddies are higher level as well.

Drake Valentine

I honestly do not know what yall talking bout. From online resources there should be NO LEVEL SCALING.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 20, 2014, 01:37:25 AM
I honestly do not know what yall talking bout. From online resources there should be NO LEVEL SCALING.

Yeah, um.. I was level four and enemies were the same level.  Same enemy, same area after hitting five and they were five.

SinXAzgard21

Inkidu, would that dragon you found happen to be fucking huge and gold by chance?

SinXAzgard21

"I'd like more proof than magical time manipulation, go with it."  The Inquisitor.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 20, 2014, 02:24:45 AM
Yeah, um.. I was level four and enemies were the same level.  Same enemy, same area after hitting five and they were five.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition Read last paragraph of gameplay.

Inkidu

Six: Twas gold indeed. :P

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 20, 2014, 05:07:48 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition Read last paragraph of gameplay.

That citation is woefully out of date to be anywhere near accurate enough. :P

Drake Valentine

Inkidu

Be nice.

A video citing footage from 2013 is probably not as accurate in 2014.

Take Civilization Beyond Earth for example a month before its release the station Adept Blue gave you a free tech for establishing a trade route with it. In the game proper it's a science and food boost.

Games change. So, want to rethink your snappy Science Guy picture.

Drake Valentine

Every forum I visited and researched, people keep saying there is no level scaling. None. Zip. Nada.

Inkidu

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 20, 2014, 08:35:51 AM
Every forum I visited and researched, people keep saying there is no level scaling. None. Zip. Nada.
Well, my actual gameplay experience suggests otherwise. :\

EDIT: To make it clear. I don't think it's a straight-up level scale like Oblivion, Final Fantasy VIII, The Last Remnant, or Fallout 3.
I however think there is some limited level scaling going on. I just don't think there is none.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on November 20, 2014, 08:40:23 AM
Well, my actual gameplay experience suggests otherwise. :\

EDIT: To make it clear. I don't think it's a straight-up level scale like Oblivion, Final Fantasy VIII, The Last Remnant, or Fallout 3.
I however think there is some limited level scaling going on. I just don't think there is none.

More or less I believe rifts and bosses do level scale with you.  Other enemies I feel vary because in the starting area, I've not run into anyone under level six now.

Inkidu

I think rifts do most definitely, because I went to one and a wrath demon (fire guys) popped out. Went back and got attacked by insect people and a cold demon (whose ice beam is totally broken by the way).

SinXAzgard21

So, yeah level 8 lets you know the enemies are not effing around anymore.  I feel so underpowered and I'm the same level.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 20, 2014, 06:33:05 PM
So, yeah level 8 lets you know the enemies are not effing around anymore.  I feel so underpowered and I'm the same level.
I'm probably going to knock it down to casual at this point. Dragon Age has always been a hack n' slash masquerading as a tactical role playing game.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on November 20, 2014, 06:36:40 PM
I'm probably going to knock it down to casual at this point. Dragon Age has always been a hack n' slash masquerading as a tactical role playing game.

Yeah, not finding any gear, getting good upgrades costs like 2k-3k from various vendors.  So having a diverse group means hella expensive.  I think they could have done a bit more with the war room so that you could make more money or actually get good things.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 20, 2014, 06:38:52 PM
Yeah, not finding any gear, getting good upgrades costs like 2k-3k from various vendors.  So having a diverse group means hella expensive.  I think they could have done a bit more with the war room so that you could make more money or actually get good things.
Yeah, like I bought the first connections thing that give you high-quality crafting material, but I don't know where that's supposed to show up, and it doesn't tell you a damn lick where to find them.

I feel like a lot of stuff was cut from this game.