News:

Main Menu

What, no Wii U topic?

Started by Wolfy, November 08, 2012, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on November 26, 2012, 01:02:23 AM
I really don't understand what gamespot, IGN, etc hated about this game so much...

The reviews all make their problems with the game very clear. I admit I haven't played it, but since I have no intention of getting a Wiiu (I have much better uses for my money) I've been following the reviews, and they all list a very broken and dull game with confused design. It's good you enjoy it. I've had fun with games that were universally panned as terrible (Nam: Shellshocked on the OXbox being among them) but I have very strong opinions on game design that make me loath this console and this game :P

Sasquatch421

There will always be those games that a niche group of people will like, but the reviewers hate. Heck you look in my collection and some of my favorite games to play a lot of other people and reviewers hated. Like Bulletwitch, Duke Nukem Forever and the Splatterhouse remake are the first to come to mind....

Chris Brady

Review scores are among the worst metric one can use.  What does a 6.0 mean?  Where's the median score?  And before you chime in with your view of it, I'd like to point out that there is not one consensus on it.  Each site does their own thing because they can't be seen as copying some one else.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

Whose using review scores? O.o not me... I posted the review for the reviewers analysis of the game. The scores are there for a glance at that opinion, not a substitute.

Chris Brady

Never said you were, Sabby, I'm just posting that to make sure no one does.  Because they vary wildly.  I prefer reading/hearing/watching the review to get a sense of it.

I've watch reviews of games people gave a high score, and saw more technical issues that would kill MY enjoyment, which the review forgave because it was such and such a series, and the dev team was 'independent', or 'small'.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Heaven Sent Blossom

Nintendo saved Bayonetta 2 from the abyss, for that they can have all the money they like from me.
Sure that's an illogical view point to have, and sure there's always a chance that the game will be a disappointment (I mean when you're the sequel to the absolute gold standard of your genre then improving will be difficult at best) but ultimately I bought a PS3 so I'm no stranger to splashing money on a console for no logical reason and then having to live with crushing weight of disappointment pressing down on me.

Chris Brady

For me to buy a console, there has to be a minimum of 4 must have games.  I've only broken that rule once, and that was with the Wii, where there's been only 3 games, which I can't play because I don't have the right component cables for it for my TV.

Sabby

Xbox 360 sales are almost double what the Wiiu is... in it's own launch. A 7 year old console. Wow.

Moraline

Not that I disbelieve you but what's the source on that, Sabby? Not a good idea to just throw up an obscure stat and not source it.

I imagine your right though. Nintendo shot themselves in the foot with the Wii. They basically alienated the core gaming market with that product. Nintendo has to do some major PR and Marketing to bring back gamers.

Sabby

Oh, crap, I didn't finish that post? My bad xD I was getting ready for work. Really thought I'd pasted the source.

Bungie's New Game Revealed - Inside Gaming Daily 11/28/12

Timestamp here, http://youtu.be/-Y1G-rz6Qfc?t=2m49s

Took me a bit to find it, and found some more Wiiu related stuff from the show. Thought I'd share.

Iwata Apologizes for the Wii U - Inside Gaming Daily - 11/29/12

Chris Brady

Quote from: Moraline on November 30, 2012, 07:48:24 AM
Not that I disbelieve you but what's the source on that, Sabby? Not a good idea to just throw up an obscure stat and not source it.

I imagine your right though. Nintendo shot themselves in the foot with the Wii. They basically alienated the core gaming market with that product. Nintendo has to do some major PR and Marketing to bring back gamers.

Well, can you blame them?  I mean it blew every single profit record in one go.  It outsold everything else by millions.  And they did it using one of their strengths, making and using a gimmick to its fullest potential.

But like all things Nintendo, except handheld gaming, they did it best.  Sadly, I contend that the Big N is still living in the SNES days, not realizing that their core audience is actually older.

Wolfy

Chris Brady

That would seriously be so awesome.  But who would develop it?