Corporate 'entity' status

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 04, 2011, 12:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

And now Republican Candidate Rick Perry wants to shut down the Departments of Education, Commerce and Energy. 

Hmmm. Don't want people to learn, and got to get rid of those pesky investigators and regulators for Banks and Big Energy.

When did right sizing government become 'cripple it for Big business?"

Trieste

From the video clip, it was the department of commerce, education, and um um um that other one. XD

Oniya

After he said 'Education', the 'um-um-other one' didn't much matter to me.

Not that I would have voted for him anyways, but now I've got a soundbite I can use to show people why.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on November 10, 2011, 09:46:48 AM
After he said 'Education', the 'um-um-other one' didn't much matter to me.

Not that I would have voted for him anyways, but now I've got a soundbite I can use to show people why.

No offense I didn't trust him or Cain before.. but between this sound bite and Cain's openly acknowledging that he's buddy buddy with the Koch brothers, my republican choices are rapidly (and depressingly) shrinking.

Perry Stumbles on Agencies He'd Eliminate

Oniya

Honestly, I'm hoping something rises out of the third party muck at this point.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on November 10, 2011, 03:19:28 PM
Honestly, I'm hoping something rises out of the third party muck at this point.

Not yet.. I am hoping that more 'moderate' elements start to get heard on both sides of the row. I'm tired of the extreme and corporate buying their representation.

Oniya

Moderate would be good.  I really think that the current parties are due for a reorganization at this point, just because of how schizoid they are.  Really - just give the Tea Party its own mascot, let the moderates keep the donkey, maybe the 'Blue Dogs' could start their own party as well, and we'll just have a four way.

Yes, I went there.   Isn't politics all about who's getting screwed?  (j/k)

Oniya

Just noticed this - was there a Monty Python reference by the guy to Perry's left?  When Perry's stumbling, I think I hear him say 'You mean five,' with a corresponding hand gesture.

( I noticed this because I ran across a shot of Perry captioned 'I can count to three.  One, two, and the other one.'  I'd gone on to share it with the message 'One... two... five!')