Victorian Brothel Roleplay?

Started by PirateGirl, May 21, 2012, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PirateGirl

Anyone interested in a high-end brothel roleplay in Victorian London, where they serve nobility and other upper-class people? It's not an actual idea yet, so anyone interested can add to it. I just like the setting. :)

AdrianZef

This sounds interesting. Would there be some kind of twist to the standard setting? I feel like that could make it more interesting.
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

who149

Sounds fun. I too would like too see some sort of twist, but I could play this vanilla if so.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

PirateGirl

Yeah, I think there would be a big twist, but I can't think of one. If anyone has any ideas, give me a shout.

AdrianZef

Perhaps a connection to criminals, or royalty, or superhuman/unhuman? I know that's kinda all over the place, but each of those could put an interesting spin on the original premise.
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

summoner2183

This looks interesting... who do we play as?

PirateGirl

Quote from: AdrianZef on May 22, 2012, 01:12:09 PM
Perhaps a connection to criminals, or royalty, or superhuman/unhuman? I know that's kinda all over the place, but each of those could put an interesting spin on the original premise.
Yeah, we could have an underground mafia group compiled of inhuman creatures, maybe supervillains or monsters, and those lower in the brothel don't know about it, just know that there's some dark secret behind the place.

MezzaNotte

I'd most definitely be interested in playing this.

PirateGirl

Okay, cool! Let's set it up more, then, shall we? :D

AndyZ

My knowledge of Victorian customs is sufficiently lacking that I don't expect to join (I already tried once in another game and utterly failed) but I could try to come up with the twist if people wanted.  The real question would be if the main players want to be OOC aware of the twist, or just that something is different.

I have a few ideas I can pitch if so desired.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Caterina

I would be interested in joining whenever you get ready to play.

Wargtass

I always wanted one of these, mostly because I have a terrible (in the sense of "oh God the horror") idea for a character in a demonic accountant. Just think about it. Every time he comes, everyone get's nervous because someone might have be put down to keep the economic efficiency up and who's the poor bastard to pay that pound of flesh this month? It may not be as relevant as a vampire-pimp, but everyone needs an accountant in a dark world like that.
O/O

PirateGirl

Quote from: AndyZ on May 23, 2012, 04:16:20 AM
My knowledge of Victorian customs is sufficiently lacking that I don't expect to join (I already tried once in another game and utterly failed) but I could try to come up with the twist if people wanted.  The real question would be if the main players want to be OOC aware of the twist, or just that something is different.

I have a few ideas I can pitch if so desired.
That sounds good, I like the idea of twists. And should we all start making characters here, or just set that up in the thread? *Doesn't know how this works*

AndyZ

Quote from: PirateGirl on May 23, 2012, 03:18:45 PM
That sounds good, I like the idea of twists. And should we all start making characters here, or just set that up in the thread? *Doesn't know how this works*

Well, you started the thread, so unless you want to try to pass it off, you'll get assigned the job of moderator.  I'm willing to help out and assist, and see about helping things get going and the like, but I'd be a terrible one to actually run everything.

You'll probably want to write up the setting, some quick information about the brothel which everyone would know, maybe some private things that only the prostitutes would know.  If you want, you can have a character sheet that lists everything which you want to know, but it's not strictly necessary.  People can just have a name, a picture or description, some history writeup, and clarification about whether the person works as a prostitute at the brothel or not.

Is the brothel even legal, or is everything hush-hush and by referral, maybe with the police bribed (or offered free services once a week) in order to keep everything discreet?

Once you have enough people with characters, you can start up threads (probably in Bondage Human Small Groups, unless there's going to be rape, inhuman monsters, or anything that can be categorized as extreme) for IC threads, an OOC thread, and a character thread.

I don't expect to be making a character, but that'll let me help you out with moderating this if you so choose, unless you want to ask someone else to take it over for you.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

...ah.  PirateGirl, I just checked, and didn't realize you were so new to the site.  Sorry.

If you don't feel ready to run this kind of thing yet, it's very understandable.  If you think that you might be able to but need someone who you can ask questions, I can certainly help there.  (If you have any messenger programs, ideally Skype, you can PM me the info and I'll add you.)  However, I wouldn't be a good one to try to run this for you unless you wanted to try to take over after a week or two.  My knowledge of the Victorian era is sufficiently weak that I'll be purely winging things until someone more qualified can handle it.

PirateGirl

Haha, no, I can do this. Thanks for the help. :)
In Victorian London, people were much more secretive than today. On the outside, everything was clean and rational. Women would go for strolls in the park in elaborate gowns, men would work hard every day and come home to a warm meal. The world was learning to tinker and create, and trains were helping cities become widespread. The world was simpler, in London town.
That is, on the outside.
Inside the city, it was a dark and violent time. Cops were immoral, the judicious system paid off to keep quiet on the big crimelords. The society was crumbling to evil and sin. Littering the streets were the drug addicts and cheap whores. There were opium rooms, brothels, and armories. The sky was gray with smoke, and ash got on your clothes when you left your home. Being mugged was commonplace, and there wasn't a moral soul in the works.
In the worst of the downtown abbeys and roads, lies a looming, gothic building. It once was a place of prayer, until that side of London became a stinking hellhole. It was the tallest building around, with multiple floors and an underground entrance. Of course, no one around would dare enter, considering how the place was guarded like a fortress. Children would say they held the real crown jewels there, and wives tales told of unmarried women walking in one day and coming out a drugged harlot the next.
At the top of the fifth floor was a balcony that looked out upon the city. Gargoyles were once on the railing, but some punks stole them before they turned it into a brothel. The prostitutes of highest-rating and regards lived on that floor, along with the madame, which had big, lavish rooms filled with expensive art and furniture. Below that floor were the men, who of course had nicer rooms than most of the others on the floors below. Taking the perilous walk down the spiral staircase was a walk through the levels of affluence, from kings to paupers. And at the underground level was where the real customers entered.
No man was to be seen in a brothel, if he valued his honor. They'd take an underground path that has been tread for years, and had entrances and exits all over the city. The royal castle had it's own private entrance, for instance. The people who lived there were some of their most cherished patrons, which meant no one dared investigate.
The place was shrouded in mystery, even for the prostitutes who worked there. Real government business went on in the courtyards and dining hall, and some of the women were allowed to be there and talk about their own ideas. But there was something even darker than that going on.
The king and nobles were up to something, and those who learned of it were never the same.

AdrianZef

I like it! I assume all of us could play nobles or prostitutes? Presumably, though, there are only female prostitutes and hence, male nobles, based on the oh-so-conservative Victorian era this was in?

PirateGirl

Actually, the cool thing about this is that some of the prostitutes can be male, since that's what some of the high-end people liked, and no one was really going to fight them on it. The male prostitutes were much more secretive, though, and they were actually more respected in the household.

minerva7790

I can imagine male prostitutes existing. If you're rich and powerful, who's going to tell you how to spend your money? For some reason, I can also imagine ladies in noble houses going to a brothel for some fun with a male prostitute.

That aside, I'm interested in this game. :P
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

PirateGirl

Yeah, I agree with you. There aren't any limitations for characters. So, put up your bio if interested:
Name:
Bio:
Pic:
Etc. :)

Caterina

Name:Tess MacAlister

Bio:Tess is from a small town, where her parents died, leaving her alone. She tried to find work locally, but that was impossible and she was starving and living off of handouts.  She thought her chances might be better in the city, perhaps as a lady's maid or governess, but it didn't take her long to realize her best option was to become a prostitute or a thief. Since she didn't have the nerve to steal, and she was pretty, she drifted into selling herself. She was eventually recruited for the brothel, and her looks and willingness to please have earned her a lucrative spot.

Ons and Offs:on; straight sex, bondage, spanking, anal, lesbian Offs: torture, golden showers, scat
Will try things not listed; just pm me.

SummerWhispers

I would be interested
[floatright
Name:Jenna
On's/off's http://www.f-list.net/c/summers227/

Jenna lived with her aunt helping to take care of her young cousins until her uncle leaves, making her aunt move in the her husbands sister, but money was tight, and there was not enough room or money to take Jenna with her to her sister-in-laws home. So without many options, Jenna takes a job at a local rooming house, which even she knew was just a polite name for a brothel, her aunt, had no other means of finding a way for the Jenna to make a living, to her shame she had to take Jenna to the brothel and simply leave her to work there, hanging her head in shame, Jenna vowed to make the best of it, and try to accept her new life.

Caterina

Is this idea still active? If not, I would like to borrow it.