Pokemon: Chains of Evolution (8/8 Gyms filled; closed until further notice.)

Started by Revenent, June 19, 2012, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRoux

Fair warning, I'm going to be out of the country for a few weeks. I'll try to get on when I can, but I can't guarantee a constant connection.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Revenent

No problem, Droux. I'll try to make it so you're not too overwhelmed with keeping up once the IC's started, either if you're able to get on while you're gone, or when you return.

Completely forgot I had this typed up already, but the OOC is up:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=145264.0

Approved or not, everyone can go ahead and stop in and chat, and pretty soon I want to discuss one last mechanic to make sure everyone's okay with it before we get started.

LeSane

I finished the profile if you have any problems with it please let me know. I tried to incorporate a few aspects from an old region so his back story would be more sound.

Name: Cain Dormaz
Appearance:
Cain Dormaz
Specialization: None.
Orientation: Bisexual (Leans toward women more)
Personality:
Cain can be highly sarcastic to people he does not like. Most don't see his tone as such until way later. Which in turn people will start to detest him bit by bit until they see him as an a-hole. Being like this is a defensive mechanism meant to keep others from getting to close. Despite all the traveling and battles done by him. He can be fairly relaxed which his pokemon love about him due to this. Most trainers constantly want their own to push forward which make them dislike any kind of growth with the trainer. This part of him makes them more rested and willing to do as he asks. One of his finest points is the level of loyalty he has for others as well as his team. No matter what he'll stick by them. Abandonment is never an option so the saying 'Stuck with me til the end' is a truth.

Hometown and Region: Sootopolis City in Hoenn
Background: He was raised in Sootopolis with his mother who came to live in the place because of its beautiful nights as well as the chance of exercise which all in this town had. At a young age Cain had been introduced to pokemon by riding on the back of a Lapris which was his mothers first companion in her travels. As he grew older his interest shifted toward other types due to trainers coming to see the gym leader Wallace for the badge one needed to compete against the legendary Elite Four in his region. At the age of ten Cain's mother decided his father should be an active role in his life, and was sent on good faith.

It was in Rustboro City where his father worked as a scientist reviving fossil pokemon that was once extinct surprised his son wanting to know more about the past for its number of prehistoric wonders. Here he learned about the other types that he would encounter whilst going to school. When turning fifteen the research department at his fathers work received a new fossils from Sinnoh. Two Skull fossils which had been found by a gym leader/ miner in the Underground. Eagerly Cain begged his father to let revive it to see what kind it beheld. On that that day a set of  Cranidos both male and female came to be. His father studied them, and even evolved them to Rampardos for years those two kept Cain's interest wanting to have one of his own. After about nine years of living with his father the young man decided that he should become a trainer to travel the world and become a better person.

As a gift by his father he received an egg from the two Rampardos who had breed with one another. The duo were reluctant to part with their offspring, yet allowed him to have it as well. When it hatched the baby Cranidos was wild having a bit of a temper. The natural  blue tone like its parents had been altered and was now red and gray. The second gift had been one just as great a trip to Tetso a newer frontier in which he could hone the skills needed.

Starting Team:
Cranidos

Smack Down
Is a damage-dealing Rock-type move introduced in Generation V. It is TM23 as of Generation V.
In battle
Smack Down inflicts damage. If the target is airborne, Smack Down forces it onto the ground, removing the effects of Magnet Rise and Telekinesis. Smack Down makes its target vulnerable to Ground-type moves and Arena Trap even if it is Flying-type or has Levitate. This effect lasts until the affected Pokémon switches out.

Headbutt
Is a damage-dealing Normal-type move introduced in Generation I. It was TM02 in Generation II.
In battle
Headbutt does damage and has a 30% chance of causing the target to flinch

Take Down
Is a damage-dealing Normal-type move introduced in Generation I. It was TM09 in Generation I.
In battle
Take Down does damage, and the user receives recoil damage equal to 25% of the damage done to the opponent.
If the user of Take Down attacks first and faints due to recoil damage, the opponent will not attack or be subjected to recurrent damage during that round.
Self-inflicted recoil damage from Take Down from the previous turn can be countered if the opponent does not make a move on the following turn. If Take Down breaks a substitute, the user will take no recoil damage.

Croagunk

Pursuit
Is a damage-dealing Dark-type move introduced in Generation II. This move has the highest possible priority value of all moves.
In battle
If the target Pokémon is switched out on the turn Pursuit is used, Pursuit's power becomes 80 and will deal damage before the Pokémon is switched out. This does not apply if used on an ally switching out.

Faint Attack
Is a damage-dealing Dark-type move introduced in Generation II.
in battle
Faint Attack inflicts damage, and is unaffected by modifications to the Accuracy stat or Evasion stat. It will not hit a Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Dig, Fly and Dive.

Swagger
Is a non-damaging Normal-type move introduced in Generation II.
in battle
Swagger raises the target's Attack two stages and confuses it. Should the target already be confused, or be protected by confusion due to Safeguard, Swagger will still raise its Attack. Pokémon with the Ability Own Tempo are immune to both effects. Because the target's Attack increases, they will receive more damage if they hurt themselves.

Venoshock
Is a damage-dealing Poison-type move introduced in Generation V. It is TM09 as of Generation V.
in battle
Venoshock inflicts damage and its power will double to 130 when the target is poisoned.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Revenent

Looks well-done for the most part, but for the sake of balance early on, I'm going to ask that you remove either Revenge or Venoshock from Croagunk's moveset. I don't feel comfortable with anyone having two mega damage attacks right at the start, even if they are situational.

LeSane

Switched Revenge with Pursuit so it is not a super powerful move.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Revenent

Thank you. ;D

Cain Dormaz - Approved

Go ahead and post him in the Character thread, then you can stop by the OOC and give your opinion on the proposed semi-system idea. I only have a couple opinions on it so far, and I don't want to go ahead with it if I'm not sure if everyone's okay with it.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Scarification on July 10, 2012, 09:45:17 PM
Switched Revenge with Pursuit so it is not a super powerful move.

Pursuit is actually a very good move to use if your opponent likes setting up a baton pass or the like....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 10, 2012, 09:50:55 PM
Pursuit is actually a very good move to use if your opponent likes setting up a baton pass or the like....

True, but predicting exactly when your opponent is going to switch to a different Pokemon is more difficult than predicting when they're just going to damage you, which is most of the time.