Free Love in the British Empire (All Welcome - Recruiting)

Started by Montagne, April 12, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montagne

Free Love in the British Empire

Britain of the 1870s is nearing the height of Queen Victoria's reign. Britain has powered its way through the industrial revolution, building itself the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. The Raj has been established, China bested, and the first expansions into Africa are beginning. Back home society is changing, sexuality is becoming more repressed as eyes turn towards "saving" those who are promiscuous or engage in prostitution. The trials of homosexuals are on the rise, a puritanical spirit spreading across the city. In the backdrop to all this revolutionary ideas are fermenting. Marx writes in his London offices, while another, different movement is also forming. The "Free Love" movement. A group that rejects the common morality. This is their story.

The "Free Love" Movement was a short lived movement that rose up around the end of the 1800s, that stressed a number of concepts based around promoting, love based relationships. It saw men and women as equals, encouraging liaisons outside of marriage based upon mutual love and romance. It accepted bigamy, polyamory and homosexuality, despite societal norms. It never really grew from its infancy or caught on, its greatest effects were probably seen in St. Petersburg but it had some effect on European society. This RP will be set in a fictional semi-realistic Victorian setting, and follow the people involved in the is movement, centering around their playground, "The Castello"

The Castello

The Castello is a hotel named by its patrons for its location on the corner of Castle Road, Dover. Dover is England's largest trading port, bringing in the the fineries of a hundred nations, back to the seat of power. sitting in the south, Dover escapes much of the rain and chill of the region, and with the large shipyards and docks employing most of the people there, it escapes much of the infamous gloomy smog of London. The Castello Rises up 6 stories, a giant for the period and sprawls outwards to cover a large section of the sea front at the edge of the city, giving its patrons a lovely view of the ships, along with the much needed privacy they desire.

The Castello provides all a patron could ever need, it is a restaurant, a hotel, a bar... and a brothel. The Castello is a bourgeoisie playground, where the aristocracy and the new emerging enlightened middle class mingle together in a tantric land of sexual pleasure. The Castello's owner is a member of the movement, and has built up the brothel to serve those within it. It specializes in two things exotic beauty, and extreme sexuality. Victorian England is a place where even the thought of oral sex would be enough to shame one from a community. In this backdrop, The Castello promotes a realm of domination and submission and pleasure fulfillment. Inside its walls nothing is off limits, and people are encouraged to give into their baser desires. It also brings beauties from across the empire. The owner is known for his work as an artist, and chooses his workers for their most striking characteristics, many coming from exotic lands to the east, as well as ethereally beautiful men and women of the homeland.

What Is The Game About

In short, an exploration of sexuality in a realm where everything is forbidden. Following the lives of the men and women as they escape away from society and build their own community within the walls of The Castello. The troubles they face and the relationships formed between them. How do the men and women survive in their world away from the commune, do they submit to the cultural norms, or fight to change them. Are they revolutionaries or jaded cynics. Some other fun themes to explore would be the addictiveness of hedonism, and how women react to the society where they are finally free from the social morays of Victorian England.

What do i mean be "semi-realistic" The setting does some strong bending of history for the story. The Free Love movement, whilst followed by quite a few famous revolutionary authors of the period, was, for the whole part, not part of victorian society. As far as we know (or atleast to my knowledge) there was no equivalent place to The Castello. This is an important consideration for the setting and characters being created. The world I wish to portray in this RP is not one of a historical Victorian period, but rather one viewed through an authors lens, to create something much more closely resembling the works of Oscar Wilde than a perfect historical narrative. The important thing with these settings is "authenticity" rather than realism. It should feel real to all those reading, even if perhaps X piece of architecture is out by ten years, or Y dress is from the 1880s rather than the 1870s. This will allow for a compelling story, without everyone needing to have majored in history to enjoy themselves. it is the feel and themes of the period that are the most important to capture.

Character Ideas: So, who would be part of this sort of movement? Historically, it covered both the young and the old, but of course had a special appeal to those in their teens and twenties, when people would be most hungry to push back against society and believe in such idealistic propositions. The fire of passionate love burning the strongest. Some obvious influences for characters could be the students in Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. There's also the characters of Oscar Wildes "A Picture of Dorian Gray" Older members might be more radical aristocrats, both men, and the early feminists and romantics of the period like Mary Shelley. We want our revolutionaries, our radicals and our old guard, these new emerging philosophies shaped the people of the time.

What sort of characters do we need:

The Aristocrats: both male and female, can be old or young, the old money enlightened elites of society.
The Students: Radicals, Young, usually male. Young men influenced by both their own lust, and their idealism or nihilism.
The New Rich: Those who have become rich through the rise of industrialization and trade, go-getters, men and women of families who built it for themselves. Often looked down upon by the Aristocrats.
The Staff: The Castello needs staff, and the brothel needs workers. Both men and women serve the sexual needs of the new visitors.

So, will your character be an old jaded aristocrat, with The Castello sinces is formation, a young new student brought to this place by friends looking for and adventure, or an exotic beauty from the east, coming to england in search of a new start inside The Castello's walls? When you create your characters be sure to answer three important questions. What made them come to the Castello, What made them believe such a thing, and why do they stay.

Plans for the game are to begin with a masquerade ball, allowing all the characters to meet and interact. (The owner having an obsession with enlightenment culture). From there will be a number of plot threads, and the interpersonal dramas that will hopefully play out.

I'll also be looking for one or two people to co-GM with me, as this will hopefully be a relatively large game.

So, everyone who's interested, post a character below!

Free Love in the British Empire Character Sheet

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Likes/Turn ons:[/b]
[b]Dislikes/Turn offs:[/b]

[b]Role/Archetype:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Background/History:[/b]
[b]Additional Character Info:[/b]

The IC and the OOC are currently active but we're always looking for new people. Anyone wanting to take a read can find it below!

IC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173953.0

And the OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173954.0

Montagne

Accepted Characters:

Males:

Name: Louis Gabriel Maxwell
Played by: Atlas
Nationality: British
Sexuality: Bisexual

Role/Archetype: Master of the Castello

Name: William Firestone
Played by: Napanee
Sexuality: Bi-curious

Role/Archetype: Nouveau Riche

Name: André Toussaint
Played by: BlackestKnight
Nationality: Haiti (born in france)
Sexuality: Straight - open minded

Role/Archetype: Brothel Musician  - Reefer Man

Name: Alistair Pembroke
Played by: Madmartigan
Nationality: English
Sexuality: Bisexual (untested)

Role/Archetype: The Innocent Idealist

Name:    Akira Tetsou
Played by:    Hellis
Nationality:    Japanese
Sexuality: Pansexual

Role/Archetype: Androgynous oriental young man and enterteiner.

Name: Known as Jacob Hayes...real name Daniel Smyth-Holt
Played by: Eiselmann
Sexuality: Hetero

Role/Archetype: Staff/ Switch

Females:

Name:Lucretia Rosalyn Maxwell
Played by: DarkRose15

Role/Archetype:Aristocratic student

Name: Lorelei Sinnett
Played by: Jane Storm
Nationality:French
role/archetype:

Name: Anne Cooper
Played by:bubby
Nationality: American
Sexuality:Hetero

Name: Xia Yongwei
Played by: ReaperDouble0
Nationality: Chinese

Name: Victoria Hale

Name: Capricia Donati
Played by: Laura Haddock (writer: Sexy Firefly)
Nationality: Florentine

Role/Archetype: Florentine Courtesan (Castello Staff)

Name: Evie Alesi
Real Name (Unknown to Most): Evelyn Danilo
Played by: AmberStarfire
Nationality: Italian

Name:   Aisha Patel
Played by:   Kajirakate
Nationality:   Indian or Anglo-Indian
Sexuality:  Bisexual

Role/Archetype:  exotic Eastern seductress, compliant to the demands of her partners

Vassus

Well, I'm interested! I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I hope to be able to get a character in, possibly tomorrow at the earliest.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Sephiriel

Hello and color me interested.
Some questions before I submit a character:

About how many players would you like to have?

At the masquerade ball are some of the characters likely to know eachother beforehand or even know the owner?

Will there also be group activities such as playing cards or other ways of entertainment (theater plays, professional musicians etc)?

DarkRose15

Of course you've gotten me interested and depending on the responsibilities I could possibly be interested in co-gming. Either way I will work on my character. If allowed I make make two :)
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Montagne

Hey Vassus and DR! Great to have you on board again.

Feel free to play up to two characters if you feel you can manage both and reply reasonably frequently. I'll put a hard limit at 2 as things just tend to get jumbled after that.

Quote from: Jane Storm on April 14, 2013, 06:02:02 PM
Hello and color me interested.
Some questions before I submit a character:

About how many players would you like to have?

At the masquerade ball are some of the characters likely to know eachother beforehand or even know the owner?

Will there also be group activities such as playing cards or other ways of entertainment (theater plays, professional musicians etc)?

Hey Jane Storm. Glad I grabbed your interest. On your questions.

I would like a relatively large group, to give a varied group of characters, with a reasonable limit so it doesn't become just a mess of non connected stories. (I know that's not quite a number ;) ) but expect somewhere on the medium to large size. So any friends interested be sure to invite them!

As for the masquerade ball. The society will have been in formation for a number of years. The ball allows new members who may have shy ed away from attending to do so in secret. However, most of the people there will know each other and I would encourage players OOC to work out previous relationships before hand. As for the party. There will be musicians, dancing, drinking, certainly games and gambling, and of course opiates. (Hey, its the 1800s :P )

Hellis

I am incredibly intrigued. I feel I have a character for this in the back of my mind.

Wargtass

Might have time for this. I'll be back at the end of the day with a definitive answer.
O/O

Lockepick

I'm interested, got a partial idea running in the back of my head: Somebody trying to expose the organization and ends up getting sucked in. Like a reporter who sneaks in, ends up going 'too deep' and learns to love the life style.

I'll offer the same apprehension I give for any group game: I'm a gay male looking for other gay men. I'm always worried I'll end up joining a game and there won't be any other gay men characters.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Sephiriel

Thank you Sir Atlas, that was most helpful. I shall have a character up by the end of the week.

Montagne

Quote from: lockepick on April 15, 2013, 09:14:19 AM
I'm interested, got a partial idea running in the back of my head: Somebody trying to expose the organization and ends up getting sucked in. Like a reporter who sneaks in, ends up going 'too deep' and learns to love the life style.

I'll offer the same apprehension I give for any group game: I'm a gay male looking for other gay men. I'm always worried I'll end up joining a game and there won't be any other gay men characters.

That sounds very fun, and I'll be playing a bi male. You know my type :P But I know its always a problem with group games. This game will be completely LGBTQ friendly so anyone you think might enjoy the setting send them a PM. The more variety in the sexuality of characters the better :) and I know it would be nice to have the maximum number of people to interact with as possible.

Hellis

Quote from: Atlas on April 15, 2013, 04:35:42 PM
That sounds very fun, and I'll be playing a bi male. You know my type :P But I know its always a problem with group games. This game will be completely LGBTQ friendly so anyone you think might enjoy the setting send them a PM. The more variety in the sexuality of characters the better :) and I know it would be nice to have the maximum number of people to interact with as possible.

as a fellow who is playing a Bi male aswell, I think you are safe Lock.

Wargtass

Well now that I count it, there is potential for doing dirty deeds between men all over this. Myself included. Rather refreshing actually, although not to insult our female players...  ::)
O/O

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Montagne

An idea of what I'm going for with the character sheet. (1st draft I'm going to massively edit soon because its a horrible jumbly mess of writing, but it's 230AM so time for me to sleep! ;D)

Name: Louis Gabriel Maxwell
Played by: Atlas
Eyes: Light Tan/Brown
Hair: Sandy Brown
Height: 5'11

Likes/Turn ons: "Corrupting" the innocent. Women who speak their minds. Taboos. Human sculptures. Anarchists. Spanking. BDSM. Sadism. Someone with a good story. Music. Dancing. Parlour games. Exotic women. Seductive semi-consensual.
Dislikes/Turn offs: "Conventional Morality". The status-quo. Scat. Forceful Rape.

Role/Archetype: Master of the Castello

Personality: Louis is a man of few words. He enjoys listening to stories, and it was this part of his personality that had him create the Castello. He enjoys watching events unfold before him, particularly in a domain he knows he controls. While still young, he sees himself as a father figure to many of the younger members of the society, and acts as such. An ardent Anarchist, nothing excites him more than breaking the taboos society sets for him; he takes an active relish in doing so. A seductive air of mystery surrounds him, a circle of close admirers, his "inner circle" both men and women are his regular lovers, although he regularly seduces members of the society.

Background/History: Louis was born at the beginning of the 1840s. A grandson of a merchant captain in the East India Company. His grandfather had rose through the ranks from a lowly officer to a person of importance in Calcutta. From there, his son; Louis' father was able to use his position to amass relative wealth, commanding a small fleet of vessels, trading spices up and down the coast of India and China. Louis' father returned to England and married Louis' mother, settling down and founding a family with their newly gained wealth.

Louis was the fourth and youngest son of the family. As was regular of the age, his oldest brother inherited the estate and the family wealth, the second and third son helped their father run the business, which left the youngest son to go and make a name for himself. He took the small inheritance he gained upon turning of age and bought himself a commission in the East India Company, spending seven years in the east trying to make a name for himself. Something made Louis turn back and return to London. He dislikes speaking of that portion of his life, and when asked he is cryptic at best, but people can assume whatever it was that made him make the change, it wasn't good. Being a man of relative wealth, he continued his education as he traveled on the trading vessels, such that once he returned he was as well read as any London intellectual.

He landed in England with his own small fortune, the seas had been kind to him, and there had been a number of new conquests that had brought him (and the crown) back enough to sit comfortably for the rest of his days. However, Louis did not desire comfort. He was engaged in several scandalous relationships upon his return to London that shamed his family, and when his father arranged a bride for him he refused out of hand. He angrily shunned aristocratic dinners (whilst bedding their daughters) until he could take London life no more. He would build his own home, where people like him could be. He would build... The Castello.

I took another 3 years to finish, opening a month after his 30th birthday. Since then, he has amassed those who believe in Free Love and human freedom as he does to his domain, calling to them like a beacon in the dark. His family has renounced him, and he no longer cares. Philistines, the lot of them. His whole life is now dedicated to providing a home for outcasts such as himself. He watches over The Castello like a loving father, protective of its patrons.

Additional Character Info:

Madriv

Truly a brilliant setting. I can't commit to another group game right now but honestly... this one is at the top of my wish list.

DarkRose15

The post she is fin!

Name:Lucretia Rosalyn Maxwell
Played by: DarkRose15
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Height: 5'8"

Likes/Turn ons:Kissing, Romantic seduction, Spanking, Biting, Oral, Reading, Exploring Sensuality, Pushing boundaries, Being tied up, Threesomes, Breasts, Being Dominated, Being on Display, Nibbling/Biting, Watching intimate acts of pleasure, Masturbation
Dislikes/Turn offs: Excessive cruelty, Rape, Being forced to conform, Men or Women who cannot take charge, Anything that belongs in the toilet

Role/Archetype:Aristocratic student
Personality: Fiesty but sweet, Stubborn, Proud
Background/History: Lucretia (Her preference is to be called Lucy) is the niece of the Master of the Castello, and her more lusty nature is slowly coming forward. Always precocious child, she displayed from an early age a love of pushing the boundaries set in place. Conforming was simply not an option for her, she wanted what she wanted and she would always find a way to get it. Suffice to say, her parents certainly had a handful in their lovely but somewhat headstrong child. Even at a young age she knew she was different and learned of her more carnal interests through romance novels she would sneak in with her historical and educational books. She found herself wanting to feel the same passions as the women in the prose she read, and she would make it happen by any means necessary. As a young woman she began to feel the yearnings of any young girl, and rather than being prim and proper, she wanted to go out and experiment for herself. She was caught by her parents kissing a boy she fancied and was promptly punished for it. Since then she's wanted to go further, to find out what it is that the world finds so shameful. To feel desire that burns her to her core.

She has always been close to her Uncle Louis, and as she grew into womanhood began to flirt a bit more openly with him. She began to fall in love with him as a young girl, admiring his ability to go forth and do as he pleased. She vowed one day to become his, even as the rest of her family cast him aside as a black sheep. She was no fool, she knew what her Uncle enjoyed and wanted to participate. The few times when he'd visited and gone off to satisfy his lust, she too had snuck off. She was never sure if he knew she was watching from the shadows, but even if he knew she found that the notion excited her even more.

When Lucy learned of the Castello through whispered rumors, she made it her business to find a way to go. The matter is even more important to her, for her parents are at present away and have plans to arrange her marriage to a man of their choosing. She'd fought in earnest, but she was not heard. She made it a point from that moment on that if she was to be forced into a marriage she did not want, she would enjoy and satisfy as much of her desires beforehand. She still seeks to either destroy the chances of being married off, or perhaps seek to tempt her future husband to join her in her lustful escapades. It is her ultimate goal to belong to and submit to her Uncle, and she has no qualms continuing to belong to him and outright telling her husband if she must. As many who know Lucy would say, she might behave an innocent when she would rather play the whore!
Additional Character Info: Lucy often shocks people when she does opt to discuss her desires openly. She acts and behaves very sweetly most of the time, but do not cross her. If you speak ill of her Uncle, it will cause her opinion of you to become far lower. She sees her Uncle as a light in the dark for the sexual explorers seeking refuge, and admires him greatly for it.

kajirakate

Name:   Aisha Patel
Played by:   Kajirakate
Nationality:   Indian or Anglo-Indian
Eyes:  Brown
Hair:  Black
Height:  5'6
Sexuality:  Bisexual

Likes/Turn ons:  dominant partners, rough sex, breasts, facials
Dislikes/Turn offs: rape, scat, pee, blood

Role/Archetype:  exotic Eastern seductress, compliant to the demands of her partners

Personality:  Aisha is submissive sexually but she is a hunter for a chance to further her position, she is full of guile and desire for the finest things in life as well as enjoying sexual freedom

Background/History:  Born in Calcutta, to an Indian mother who was a prostitute in a high class brothel that catered for Officers of the East India Company, British Army and British Officers attached to Indian Army Units and reputedly a highly place English father, within the Colonial administration.  She was brought up by her mother in the upper class brothel in a very good district of Calcutta. 

Her upbringing in such an environment gave her a very open minded view of sex and sexuality. Her mother raised her to use her wits and her beauty to achieve whatever she wanted in a world where the powerful have everything and the weak have nothing.  She learnt English as well as Hindi and Bengali, was taught arithmetic, history especially of the British in India.  Her mother ensured that Aisha was not actually raised to be a whore, as her mother had progressed to being the Madame of the establishment. In addition to her academic study Aisha became a keen student of the Karma Sutra, and was a skilled dancer in both Indian and Western styles. In addition to her sexual skills, she is also well as being exceptionally flexible, due to years and years of yoga training. 

She was sent to school in England at the age of 14, with a view to going to university however she became the object of affection of a member of parliament, when 17, but that ended when he could not accept that she was a person in need of expressing her sexuality, and not be the limited plaything of one man, no matter how powerful.  She found her way to Louis and the Castello, which is the perfect location for a sexual being like Aisha, with no one judging her, but instead revelling as she does in the sensual pleasure.  The Castello is the perfect location for Aisha to express her wide ranging sexuality, as well as being an environment not too dissimilar to her childhood home.

kk

Montagne

Lovely start points Kajirakate and DR, can't wait to see how the characters finish up ;D

Montagne

Hey Jane. She's a lovely character, happy to approve it. (love the story of the relationship between her and her brother.)

minimum preferred will be 3-4 paragraphs, with no maximum. preferred posting frequency will be 2+ times a week, but feel free to post more frequently if the story really captures you :) Would you be playing her brother as more of a side character, or would you like two main player characters?

Sephiriel

Thank you Atlas, she was on my mind for quite some time, just didn't get the opportunity to play her in a victorian setting. Gaillard will be more likely a side character, I may not have the time to play him in a more complex way. There might be times he will take the "main stage" especially if there will be any ladies he's interested in.

Montagne

Quote from: Jane Storm on April 16, 2013, 04:04:46 PM
Thank you Atlas, she was on my mind for quite some time, just didn't get the opportunity to play her in a victorian setting. Gaillard will be more likely a side character, I may not have the time to play him in a more complex way. There might be times he will take the "main stage" especially if there will be any ladies he's interested in.

Thats what I was imagining you were going for, sure thats fine. How long has she been at the castello, or will she be arriving as the story begins? If so has Gaillard been in contact with Louis? How did he find out about the Castello? how does he feel about taking his sister to such a place (tell me more about that I know there is a bit in your history section), and what does she feel about leaving home?

Sephiriel

Since I like the idea of the game beginning with a masquerade ball and because I want to describe my character’s first impressions of the Castello and its inhabitants, I’ll go with their arrival taking place no more than a day or two before the ball. Obviously excited at first by the whole thing, Gaillard might come to realize that the Castello isn’t really the proper place for his sister – he might even regret his decision, but by the time it happens, it’s already too late, both being more or less taken by the flow and the “magic” of the place. 

Coming all the way from France and living for a short while in Britain before moving to the Castello, it’s likely improbable for Gaillard to have a real idea of what the movement and the place are really like. All he knows is what he read in the papers (scandalous and flamboyant, just the type of fun he’s looking for) or what some of his new friends related. On the other hand, if you find it more suitable, we could say that he and Louis met at a party beforehand or through some other means and became relatively close (Gaillard just might like his anarchist side) so he couldn’t simply refuse Louis’ invitation.

As for Lorelei, she’s more or less determined to stay more than a couple of days. She views this as a trip, a vacation of some sort, an eccentric experiment of her brother that could benefit her writing career. She’ll be fairly busy adapting to life in Britain and then to life in the Castello, pursuing her own interest at the same time.   

DarkRose15

All done Atlas! Lemme know if you want me to change anything or what not :)

RipTide

I am also quite interested! This sort of story is right up my alley. I'm thinking a young lady from a 'New Rich' family who is curious, but does not know entirely how she feels about the idea of free love so decides to explore it in secret.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Kokaine

I find this concept terribly intriguing. I will see what sort of character I can come up with :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

kajirakate

Atlas, let me know if you want any changes to Aisha, either on here or in pm.
kk

Montagne

Quote from: kajirakate on April 20, 2013, 01:20:37 AM
Atlas, let me know if you want any changes to Aisha, either on here or in pm.

can you tell me more about her personality, how she feels about the castello, and also about her early history and family in calcutta

I'm looking forward to seeing all my new PC's!

kajirakate

kk

Montagne

Quote from: kajirakate on April 20, 2013, 08:18:00 AM
Aisha updated.

perfect i'll pop her in the confirmed once I'm home from work... she might be one of Louis favourites >:)

Hellis

Working on my character. It seems he will be a Kabuki actor from Japan >_>, becouse the more I read about their theatrical history, the more I want to play one.

Hellis

Name:    Akira Tetsou
Played by:    Hellis
Nationality:    Japanese
Eyes:   Brown
Hair:   Long, Black
Height:   5'7
Sexuality:   pansexual

Likes/Turn ons:  dominant or submissive partners, rough sex, breasts, facials, Shibari, sensuality, anal (recieving and giving.)
Dislikes/Turn offs: rape, scat, pee

Role/Archetype: Androgynous oriental young man and enterteiner.

Personality:  Akira is a switch in bed and act with grace and a sense of confidence outside of sexual encounters. He is compliant with peoples wishes, being very noble and courteous in his actions, yet always acts with dignity in mind.

Background/History:  Akira is something of relic, he belongs to the era of Japan before Christian Missionaries began to spread that homosexuality was a sin. He was a kabuki actor, often playing the female roles due to his appearance. He was born frail, with a face of a angel. As he grew up, he was less interested in the violent game of peasant boys wanting to be Samurai. He himself was from a decently well off family, craftsmen who made jewelry for the higher class. They worried that Akira, frail and somewhat sickly, would not grow up to continue the family line. Luckily for them, their second child was far more along the lines that they needed, strong and healthy. That said, they still loved both sons unconditionally.
It was no surprise for his parents when Akira began to enjoy Kubuki. The boy had always acted in a bit of a dramatic fashion, loved stories and enjoyed mimicking people. With the influence of Western powers and the rapid industrialization of the nation, Samurai began to loose their place, and people like Akiras parents became targets for a emerging Yakuza; criminal organizations of merchants using desperate vassal family samurai as muscle.

Akira wished to escape the tumultuous, chaotic society that was growing out of the old Japans ashes and joined a Kabuki troupe at the age of 15. The troupe, folling the old tradition of not having a female in the cast saw use of the boys slender, androgynous figure and face, making him the “Heroine”  of their plays. He found that he was very good at playing the role and that Men and Women both desired to bed him after each show. In a way, he was on display for the highest bidder every show. It was a lifestyle he enjoyed, as he found himself very fond of sex. It wasn’t concerned about gender either,  to him pleasure was all he cared for. He became so good of a lover, that one man, a wealthy British gentleman offered to take him to Britain, and introduce him to a man by the name of Louis Maxwell. He has stayed there ever since, delighting visitors with his artistry and pleasant balance of the masculinity and femininity.

Additional Character Info: While identifying entirely as a man, Akira doesnt mind being called femmine things by others. He is also rather frail in stature and build compared to the average man, making him extra cautious around people. He loves shakespear and the english acting traditions as he himself is a actor.

Napanee

Hi,

This sounds very interesting. I'm thinking that as this is set in Dover, I might like to play a nouveau riche ship owner. He will have traveled reasonably widely and so will have a rather eclectic set of tastes. Since he is rich from being 'in trade' the aristos look down upon him which leads him to be quite aggrieved at them and their class.

Let me know if the idea of such a character has merit, and I will do up a char sheet.

Atlas, your char pic scared the life out of me. I used that exact pic for two characters already. What are the chances...........

Nap.

Montagne

That sounds awesome!

and also Hellis, love the character (rawr) accepted.

Napanee

Name: William Firestone

Played by: Napanee

Eyes: brown

Hair: brown

Height: six foot

Sexuality: Bi-curious

Likes/Turn ons: Exotic partners, mild restraints (of his partner or himself), voyeurism, mutual masturabation, public sex. Stimulation of desire, biting and marking with teeth, light hand slapping and corresponding moaning and oral sex.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Excessive force/coercion, scat, pee...

Role/Archetype: Nouveau Riche
Personality: Inquisitive. Curious. In general he is calm but he has a temper if crossed.  In extreme situations, he has been known to let his passion get the better of him - something which both scares him and excites him in equal measure. He is seeking situations which will rouse this passion.

Background/History: William, the third son of a wealthy land owner, was destined for the Church as custom decreed. He wasn't having any of that, however, and managed to be suspended or expelled from all of the finer religious schools in the South of England. Sent to a seminary when he was fifteen, William absconded and went to sea. Unable to gain a position in the Royal Navy, he joined the East India Company rather later in life than was typically the norm. He rapidly gained a proficiency with his fists after several of his shipmates kept calling him 'parson'. In addition to fist-fighting, he quickly found he had a knack for the sea and he rose rapidly through the ranks of the Company because of a proficiency with mathematics and navigation (maybe something of his schooling had been retained after all?). 

After several trips servicing Company interests in Bombay and Madras he was introduced to the delights of the local women and their rather more permissive attitudes to sex and sexuality. He was drawn to study the four main puruṣārthas (aims/goals) in Hinduism (dharma, artha, kāma and moksa) but most particularly that of kāma or emotional or sexual pleasure.  He became intrigued about the stimulation of desire, biting and marking with teeth, on copulation (sexual positions), light hand slapping and corresponding moaning, virile behavior in women, superior coitus and oral sex.

William was later moved to Calcutta where he was made Master of a ship carrying cotton and tea to China. As was his prerogative as Master he was able to make a rather tidy sum carrying some (less than legal) private cargo. This he put to good use by buying a small ship which he set to carrying opium between Calcutta and Canton (something completely forbidden for Company ships). The profits he made from the opium trade meant he could buy more ships and diversify the types of cargo.

Whilst he is not an addicted opium eater, William experienced its effects first hand in a brothel in Canton and on the women in the brothel. He since uses opium on occasion to delay ejaculation and therefore extend the length and intensity of the sexual act (furthering his pursuit and study of kāma).

William doesn't compete with the East India Company in volume, but he can guarantee swift passage for goods and wealthy passengers. He currently runs a fleet of five Square Topsail Schooners. Europe is where the real money is, and so he reluctantly returned to England recently to further his business interests. It was entirely happenstance that he was introduced through a friend of a friend to the Free Love movement and to the Castello in particular. He is interested to find out if Free Love will allow him to continue his pursuit of kāma whilst still being in England. It doesn't hurt that he has relatively easy access to opium.

eiselmann

I'd be interested in playing a male member of staff able to accommodate most tastes and desires of female clientele , I have most of the character in mind just have to find the right picture.

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

DarkRose15

BlackestKnight

André Toussaint

Name: André Toussaint

Played by: BlackestKnight

Nationality: Haiti (born in france)

Eyes: Brown

Height: 6'2"

Sexuality: Straight - open minded

Likes/Turn ons: the piano, buxomness, exotic beauties, exhibitionism, oils, scents, mild bondage, roleplaying, making love, waterplay, art of striptease(burlesque), group play, interesting people,  intelligent partners.

Dislikes/Turn offs: slavery, zealots, stiff personalities, napoleon, dullards, violence.

Role/Archetype: Brothel Musician  - Reefer Man

Personality: André is one of the most laid back self assured personalities you'll ever likely meet. He is a rebel in his views, he is somewhat of a socialist though that doesn't quite accurately describe him. He is a musician foremost and marches to the beat of his own drum whatever that may be. Quite gifted, apparently self taught. He learned to play the piano from imitating the classical greats. Though he has since improvised his own style,  a sort of ragged unconventional rhythmic playing style borrowing from his Haitian background.

Background/History: The son of a french creole harlot and a Haitain ex-patriate anti-slave trade pirate. Andre was born and raised in a whorehouse in Marseille's red light district. His father an outspoken critic of french bourgeois society was imprisoned amidst the revolution where he died mysteriously in captivity. Having never met his father personally, Andre came to learn of his father through his reputation as a trouble maker on the high seas. His tales of revolutionary justice no doubt making an impression over the young Andre.

His first experience with a piano was at the age of 4 when he encountered a church organ. Though he was not particularly religious himself, his mother became a convert of the Lutheran church shortly after he was born. She took a vow and never returned to her previous profession. Though not formerly educated, he came to learn how to read and write from his time spent at the church. He also became proficient at playing a church organ. To earn a little extra money on the side, he also began to play at his mothers old brothel.

As a teen he learned the tricks and the trades of the street, orchestrating street performances to raise capital while his "associates" picpocketed would be marks. They shared in whatever profits and as soon as he became independent, he traveled outside france playing as a sort of nomadic pianist throughout Europe, soon enough word spread and he began playing for noble audiences, being billed as a sort of Black beethoven, though he was mostly treated as a novelty act and his appeal eventually fizzled out and he's since settled in Britain where he can be found at the Castello. He's also known to frequent marxist circles where he's known to open minds through the wonders of the cannabis plant- for a nominal charge of course.

Additional Character Info: I'm good at making music, I'm a pretty good pianist too.

Hellis

eiselmann

Name: Known as Jacob Hayes...real name Daniel Smyth-Holt
Played by: Eiselmann
Height: 5ft11

Likes/Turn ons: Orgies, Multiple partners, humiliation and control when dominate, used as a sex slave when submissive
Dislikes/Turn offs: Heavy bondage, direct male on male contact , dressing as a  woman anything more apt in a loo.

Role/Archetype: Staff/ Switch
Personality: Embittered (which he masks) Calm , Curious
Background/History: Jacob was born the grandson of a wealthy industrialist and a maid. His grandfather demanded that he be sent to an orphanage however his parents resisted and as a result his father was disinherited. Jacob was brought up in a lower middle class area just on the outskirts of London, his father was employed as a clerk by a distant cousin while his mother found work as a cloth cutter. His Grandfather took pity on Jacob and paid for his education from the age of 6 until 16. Unfortunately tragedy struck when his father was attacked by a gang of ruffians and murder was done to him, his mother fell into a deep depression and was taken to a place where she could be healed...she died within a month.

An older Cousin took Jacob in (at his grandfathers request) , his cousin was a man of great means and expensive tastes, several mistresses as well as his cousins wife shared his giant bed, it did not take long for Jacob to join them at night, for the next year he pleasured all the women often for several hours longer than his cousin. At first his cousin encouraged this but just before his eighteenth birthday his cousin overheard the women talk and express there preference for Jacob as a lover, this included his wife.

With cold rage his cousin arranged for Jacob to join him on a business trip to Paris, which would include a healthy amount of whores, on the first day Jacob was taken to a house just south of Paris and there he met several beautiful women over the course of the following two days he made love to all the women, to great satisfaction. Instead of leaving the house as he expected Jacob was assaulted , bound and imprisoned in a bare room , he was brought a meal once a day by an man who never spoke to him but otherwise left alone. At the end of the month Jacob was given a choice obey or die.

For the next month he was given instruction in various deviance's and then presented to a new woman who had paid for his services , over time his training continued as well as his client contact at the age of 21 he discovered that his Cousin had sold him to clear part of a debt and that the rest of the debt had been transferred to Jacob, whatever he was earning was applied to the debt yet the costs of his training and upkeep were always greater and the debt was rising. Realising he was indentured Jacob knew he must flee or forever be bound. He had secretly learnt French and when an opportunity presented itself he ran, Gods Grace and luck was upon him and he managed to escape by heading to St Malo instead of Calais. From there he paid for steerage on a small boat crossing the channel and walked from Portsmouth to London with the aim of confronting his cousin.

When he reached his cousins property he was greeted by the mans wife who advised that her husband had fallen on difficult times and was no longer himself, all the mistresses had fled him and she did not know how much longer she could keep the creditors at bay. She tearfully admitted to whoring several gentlemen of standing in order to keep the house. She gave Jacob an address of  a man that might be able to offer him employment.

Additional Character Info: Jacob despises the rich who feel they are superior simply because of their wealth , thou he would never show it. His French is extremely good but he never uses it. He is in fear of his French employers finding him and so has changed his name. He is looking for a way to bring down his grandfather. Jacob is in  many ways a sexual chameleon and whilst his personal preference is to dominate ,he can play the part of the master or the servant, the experienced man or the innocent and almost everything in between.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

eiselmann

Yeah I know Daniel Ratcliffe but I liked the photo and it married close to the vision I had for the character

Happy to change any aspect that doesn't work.

My ons and offs link

Hellis

That is Daniel? I had no idea. That is a VERY good look for him!

Also, Yay on being accepted Atlas, glad you liked my character <3

Sexy Firefly

Color me extremely interested here is one character.....Um I play more if needed!

Name: Capricia Donati

Played by: Laura Haddock (writer: Sexy Firefly)

Nationality: Florentine

Hair: Dark Chestnut

Height: 5'8

Likes/Turn ons: Age difference, bondage, light pain, games, forplay, rough passionate sexual play, everything is open when it comes to Capricia

Dislikes/Turn offs: Except; watersports, scat play, or anything that involves bloodletting or mutilation

Role/Archetype: Florentine Courtesan (Castello Staff)

Personality: Capricia is impulsive acting mostly on a whim or how she feels at that particular moment, cunning and manipulative a trained actress in her own right. She is a go getter, if she wants it she will have it with no remorse to who she must step on to reach success. Has an otherworldly intellect making her an exotic.

Background/History: The bastard child of a Medici, Capricia grew up on the streets of Florence. Her mother had died shortly after the girls twelfth year sending her to a house for girls, run by a dastardly woman not to be mentioned. The house lay beyond a decrypted courtyard just a shack among the pearls of Florence architecture and this was where Capricia's training began. Starting off as a peddler and thief Capricia gradually grew into the more exotic. With her aging so grew  her beauty, and with confidence of a queen the peddling soon turned into prostitution and that lead to her being mistress to a powerful family and captain of Florence's guard. She was 18.

When Florence, like so many city states fell to the powers of the church Capricia fled the prosecution finding solace in England after being in Paris for a year or two. Now at the age of twenty four Capricia has climbed the ranks of courtesans at the Castello and call it her home.

Additional Character Info: Capricia will not talk about her past and if prompted she will weave stories such that no man or woman has ever heard. She also has a tattoo, a red and orange serpent that starts at her right shoulder, across her back and ends on her left hip, a reminder of who she had belonged to back in Florence.

*If more needs to be added just let me know!
*If another character is needed I will be able to play another.

rahatngt

Breaking the taboo in a Victorian world sounds very intriguing. I might very well make a character if my cold resides a bit.

Montagne

Hey,

Approving Sexy Firefly, Eiselman and BlackestKnight

Going to put a hold on accepting courtesans for now until we have some more clients.

Hellis

Sexy Firefly

RevAtArms

Clients, you say?  Perhaps something like...

Name:  Commander James Wesley Hext, R.N.
Played by: RevAtArms
Eyes: Hazel-Gray
Hair: Brown
Height: 5'9"
Sexuality: Bisexual (Depending on level of intoxication, primarily.)

Likes/Turn ons: Casual sexuality, 'status play,' irreverence, drug use, worshipful oral sex, submissive individuals, sodomy (giving), intellectualism, the smell of gunpowder, biting wit. 
Dislikes/Turn offs:True non-consensuality, 'superior' officers and individuals of 'high breeding.'  Rapists, abusers, child-molesters and violent drunks. 

Role/Archetype: Dissolute naval officer. 
Personality: James Hext is not what you'd expect in a naval officer -- he's tall, slender, horrible at taking orders and possessed of sufficient wit to get himself into trouble.  He has always walked the line of respectability and would have likely never received promotion were he not a superlative fighting captain.  He's a thrill-seeker and a world eater, perpetually falling for a new high or a new pleasure...which isn't to say that he's thoroughly depraved.   Only partially. 
Background/History:
The son of a wealthy industrialist and shipyard owner, Hext took to the military because it was more interesting than getting a real job.  All of the odd skills picked up during his youth in his father's drydocks paid off in the steam-driven navy of the present, and while he is by no means a proper tall-ship sailor, when it comes to the new wave of tactics made possible by the advent of steam-powered screws he has few equals.  That said, scandal followed the young officer -- a bad habit of ending up in bed with the wives of his superior officers, among other things -- almost from the moment of commission, and as a result he has served the majority of his career in the Empire's most distant ports...where he has had excellent opportunity to indulge in the vices that keep his life interesting. 

The ultimate thrill, though, is in combat...and Hext has been tested so, many times, and in every case he has triumphed, often against severe odds.  His promotion was not meteoric, but it did come, with just over a decade at sea seeing him a Commander, just returned from service in the Orient.  He presently commands HMS Nymph, a sloop-of-war of the Amazon class, which is undergoing extended refit liable to leave him on the home isles for some months.  It is his preference, during such times, to keep himself relatively out of the RN's eye...which could well explain his presence at the Castello in times both past and present. 

His upbringing means that money does not mean perhaps as much for him as it might, and his inheritance has left him vastly well off.  While it is true that Hext is a tearaway, womanizer, and general scalliwag...he was also the only one of his siblings to display any real aptitude for ships and their construction, and as a result the shipyard is his.  This shocked his siblings and alienated him from the remnant of his family, which he has no issue whatsoever with.  However, he is still coming to terms with exactly what the possession of a business that lucrative means and largely leaves it management to the existing staff.  The only responsibility he has ever expected is that of the lives of the men under his command when they set to sea, and he will be damned if he allows his father to change that in death!

Highlights of career include service in support of Anglo-French efforts in Second Opium War as Lieutenant.  Commanded HMS Bouncer at Shimonoseki, and throughout British involvement in Japanese Civil War. 

Sexy Firefly

Nympha Fluminis

I don't know if you're still looking for people, but this interested me...

Name: River
Played by: Nympha Fluminis
Eyes: Green
Hair: White-blonde
Height: 5'6"
Sexuality: Bi-Curious

Likes/Turn ons: Age difference, being dominated, dirty-talk, imbalance of power, role-playing
Dislikes/Turn offs: Extreme pain play, scat, watersports

Role/Archetype: Staff member (courtesan)
Personality: River is extremely shy and quiet, and doesn't like drawing attention to herself. She tends to blend into the background of situations and is an observer, rather than an active part of things, though she does enjoy being around people, if only to listen to and observe them. She tends to be very submissive, which leads to trouble making decisions and telling people no. However, in her line of work, this has hardly hindered her. She is also very sweet and innocent and has a tendency to act younger than her age. This has the effect of either ingratiating her to people and awakening their protective instincts or really annoying them.
Background/History: River was born into a very poor family, as the only child. Her mother was incredibly loving and kind to River, even teaching her to read, something rare for the poorer classes of time. However, when River was fairly young, her mother passed away, leaving her with her father, who was a drunkard. For the most part, he ignored her, though he would become physically abusive at times. Eventually, River ran away. She soon discovered her strange sexual tastes, something she believed she should be ashamed of and did her best to repress. She tried to ignore these urges and thoughts of wanting to be dominated, until she ran into a man who she allowed herself to indulge with, letting him dominate her, who educated her in the ways of free-love. Intrigued by the idea, River began to research and try to find everything she could about the motion. Eventually, she discovered the Castello, where she managed to begin work as a courtesan.

FallenRanger

I have a character in mind, one of my established OCs. I assume I'd need to remove the werewolf trait from him to be considered compatible? :D
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

Montagne

sorry for the lack of recent updates, so accepting Napanee

Also, can that be the maximum for military personel for the moment.

Nympha, could you make a society member rather than staff for the moment as that is the most lacking. Thanks :)

FallenRanger, feel free to add them, and yes, you would need him not to be a werewolf :P

FallenRanger

Quote from: Atlas on April 27, 2013, 07:03:25 PM
sorry for the lack of recent updates, so accepting Napanee and RevAtArms

Also, can that be the maximum for military personel for the moment.

Nympha, could you make a society member rather than staff for the moment as that is the most lacking. Thanks :)

FallenRanger, feel free to add them, and yes, you would need him not to be a werewolf :P

Curses on both accounts. He's an officer of the 19th Hussars D: Mmm. I shall have to revise and retreat for now. I probably will return. Unless games taketh my attention >>
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

Napanee

Cool. Thanks for the approval.

So do we have game threads as yet or not ?

N

Montagne

Im hoping for a few more sign ups to make this one workable first. I see this being one of those games needing quite a few varied characters so i wont start the IC yet but I incourage in thread discussion of relationships between characters before the IC starts

DarkRose15

Lucretia loves her Uncle quite a bit, but having fun playmates to explore lusts is always fun!

Sexy Firefly

Capricia is always up for multiple partners! If any one is interested feel free to pm me!

rahatngt

How does an short, crafty, sexually deviant merchant sounds? A man in his middle age, very rich and has had many lords depend on his financial help despite the way they treat him. Would someone like that still be able to attend Victorian social functions? I wonder.

Sephiriel

Why do the posts from above remind me of sex adds in the papers? =))

Here's mine: Anyone interested in seducing a minor? PM me.

That doesn't sound legit.

DarkRose15

Sephiriel

*winks at Rose* don't think Lucretia is safe either, Gaillard might take a liking to her.

DarkRose15

*giggles* Lucretia does like to indulge in sultry affairs *grins at Jane*

Montagne

okay, I know I have a few more people looking to make characters for this one, but as we have a lot of people waiting I'm going to get working on the opening IC post, I'll get something up tonight or tomorrow which people can start posting in, while we carry on recruiting.

bubby

*Slips in to gather both the Delicious Jane and the Sweet Rose into snogglesnugs*

Sephiriel

Bubby!! How I missed thee *nuzzles at her bosom* Are you going to join this party? I'll be looking forward to it if so  ::)

bubby

*Gigglewiggles and kisses the top of Jane's head* I'd checked the game at an earlier date, and it hadn't appealed, but now that I see you and Rose in it, I might be cajoled into joining...  ::)

I'll have to check it out a bit further, and see if any sort of woman I tend to play would fit.

Sephiriel

You know any woman you play fits in any story..strong women are like that :P

bubby

Madriv

*pinches bubby*

I am truly not stalking you, but somehow we keep ending up in the same places. >.>

bubby

Quote from: Madmartigan on May 02, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
*pinches bubby*

I am truly not stalking you, but somehow we keep ending up in the same places. >.>

*Purrs and nips* Great minds m'luv. And you can stalk me any time.  ;)  >:)

bubby

I've found the pics I'll use, which is half the battle. I'm off to work for the night, so I'll work on the rest tomorrow!

Madriv

I can resist anything but temptation. Here's my hat in the ring.

Name: Alistair Pembroke

Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'9"

Sexuality: Bisexual (untested)

Likes/Turn ons: Radical ideas, coffee, reading, social reform, older women
Dislikes/Turn offs: Oppression, violence, classist notions, fish & anything else that reminds him of home

Role/Archetype: The Innocent Idealist

Personality: Open and friendly, though extremely awkward when speaking to women since he has had, quite literally, no experience in that area. Well-read and full of admiration for authors and other progressives of the time. He is very willing to experience new activities, though he will have to overcome some deep-rooted inhibitions. He only requires a push...

Background/History: As the youngest of three sons born to a cannery owner and his wife in the great port town of Grimsby, there was never any question about Alistair's future: first to the business, second to the military, third to the Church. The moment he finished basic schooling Al was shipped to the south of England and thrust into Rev. Wackerbarth's Select Seminary for Young Gentlemen in preparation for his advanced theological training.

All would have gone very differently had Wackerbarth not been a bit slack about locking the windows properly after lights out. A few of his flock slipped away one May evening and discovered a brave new world in the smoke-filled confines of Minchin's Coffee House. It became a habit for the young men to return there night after night, making friends with the lads from the dissenting academy across the street and soaking in the heady brew of politics, social reform, and caffeine.

A few years passed, during which Alistair found himself questioning everything he was taught during the day and only truly feeling alive by night. On the date of his graduation and imminent transfer to Westminster, he was lost to a crisis of faith. How could he go about improving the world when he stood poised only to contribute to the miserable state of society? As Alistair huddled mournfully over his Turkish blend that evening, his dearest friend - Dudley Fortescue - proposed a reprieve.

There was scandalous talk of a new hotel called The Castello, a tiny pocket of social utopia inexplicably located in Dover. Dudley made his friend a gift of the cost to travel and stay at the hotel for a fortnight. Alistair would be free to plan out his own future in an atmosphere unencumbered by the state's morals and familial expectations. Relieved beyond words, Alistair took the generous offer.

Additional Character Info: Alistair's radical behavior thus far has been restricted to over consumption of coffee and the odd, friendly fondle under the table from other young men. (Women were not permitted inside the coffee house and whores had little financial interest in schoolboys.) He is, however, a very quick study.

Montagne

I love the character Madmartigan. accepted.

Sorry I haven't got round to you Rev. I'm looking to cut down on the number of sailors and the military types atm as it seems to be the majority of the non staff male contingent, and the males already outnumber the females.

also finally moved over all the approved characters to the section. Do message me if i missed anything.

DarkRose15

Quote from: bubby on May 02, 2013, 02:48:52 PM
*Gigglewiggles and kisses the top of Jane's head* I'd checked the game at an earlier date, and it hadn't appealed, but now that I see you and Rose in it, I might be cajoled into joining...  ::)

I'll have to check it out a bit further, and see if any sort of woman I tend to play would fit.
BUBBY!!! *pounces and huggles* How are you :D

bubby

Quote from: DarkRose15 on May 03, 2013, 01:14:17 AM
BUBBY!!! *pounces and huggles* How are you :D

*Aghs and is bowled over by a Rose*  ;D I'm in some pretty decent pain tonight, just got off work, but other then that not bad. Looking forward to starting this game! Gotta work on my character tomorrow when I get up.

Ooohhh... Mad.... you tease me with your char. He needs to be tested. Oh yes he does..

AmberStarfire

I'm just working on a concept so.. we'll see what the GM thinks. ;)

Montagne

AmberStarfire

Name: Evie Alesi
Real Name (Unknown to Most): Evelyn Danilo
Played by: AmberStarfire
Nationality: Italian
Hair: Lustrous Black
Height: 5'7

Likes/Turn ons: Romance, charismatic men, strong-minded women, sadism, masochism, weapons, intelligence and beauty
Dislikes/Turn offs: Watersports, scat, abuse, humiliation, anal, a condescending tone

Role/Archetype: The sensual spy; Bartender and part-time courtesan at the Castello

Personality:
Sweet natured but strong. Independent but dutiful. A free spirit but dedicated in her work.. and her pleasures.

Background/History:
Evelyn was born in Florence, Italy in the 1850s, during the tumultuous years of the Italian Unification. The eldest daughter of a common soldier (Armand Danilo) and his younger wife (Rosetta), Evelyn became accustomed to her father's frequent absence. He served with revolutionary forces during the Risorgimento ('the Resurgence') whose military campaigns helped bring about the formation of Italy as a nation-state in the early 1860s, with the exception of Rome, which was restored in 1870. Evelyn learned to recognise the fear in her mother's eyes and frequent tears shed behind closed doors, balanced only with attention lavished on herself and her two brothers (Arturo and Gavino). When the campaigns ceased, she finally had the opportunity to know her father for the man he was - the good and the bad.

Evelyn grew into a beautiful woman. There would be no question that her beauty would become a real and tangible asset in time, and from the age of thirteen, men - some much older, took an interest in her. Armand was a father who loved his family and thought of them had spurred him on during the conflict. However, he also had a coolly pragmatic side.. bordering on the ruthless. He liked to make the most of what he had, and the effects of war still lingered in Florence. He was not oblivious to the way men watched his daughter, and he knew that sooner or later one would claim her heart, if not more. So he struck while the iron was hot.

Armand brought his daughter to the attention of one of his commanding officers (Victor Rizzini), who was one of the unification's strong proponents. He had been a member of the Carbonari (coalmongers), a secret organization that had been inspired by the principles of the French Revolution, organised in the fashion of freemasonry and broken into small covert cells across Italy. "The aim of the Carbonari was the creation of a constitutional monarchy or a republic; they wanted also to defend the rights of common people against all forms of absolutism. Carbonari, to achieve their purpose, were ready to commit assassinations and foment armed revolts." (4) To many minds, they were terrorists and to others they were heroes.

The Danilo family grew in wealth and stature as a part of the deal, and the friendship flourished between Armand and Victor. Evelyn was trained by Carbonari to be an agent of their cause. She would gather information - through seduction if necessary, and be willing to fight if it was needed. This could mean armed combat or assassination, just as one of the Carbonari attempted (and failed) to assassinate Napoleon III. Evelyn was not a woman without a mind of her own, but it was drilled into her that it was for the good of a united Italy, and no decision made by the Carbonari was an uninformed one. There would be those who knew more of the political consequences than her. An unwillingness to act might be as damaging as to act in error. Over these years, the sweet, harmless Evelyn grew into a woman much stronger and more patriotic. In some ways, her thoughts were twisted, de-sensitized to the evils of war.

She also discovered something she hadn't expected to enjoy quite the way she did - her sexuality. Trained by politicians, soldiers and the best courtesans money could buy, Evelyn trained well in the pleasurable arts and loved few things more than to immerse herself in those teachings. Many were well beyond the mundane and firmly planted in the realms of the scandalous. It should come as no surprise that she fit in so well and easily at the Castello.

The conclusion of Evelyn's years with the Carbonari were rather anti-climactic. She had many 'information gathering' and 'message passing' missions, but never killed in the organisation's name. After Rome's restoration in 1870, a primary goal of the Carbonari had been achieved and it was suggested she lay low. So it was that Evelyn Danilo 'came in from the cold', and with the wealth and freedom she had personally gained from the agreement, travelled abroad with her brother Arturo. By the time she left Italy, Evelyn was 22 and her brother was merely 18.

It was quite by chance that she stumbled across the Castello, and saw it and its scene as an expression for her desires and a means of gathering information on just what was going on in Britain at this time. She was only in irregular contact with Victor by this stage - the occasional letter written in a manner few would fully understand. This was far from the 'houses of parliament', but as something of a revolutionary in her own country, she sensed a similar camaraderie here - among these people, and so she convinced Arturo to remain for a time.

Evelyn is staff at the Castello, and she often alternates between roles as bartender and courtesan. She is sometimes visited at the hotel by her brother, and he may also be on good terms with the other girls. He's a bit of a rogue, but handsome and with no shortage of money. He would tend toward the hedonistic as much as she would.

She is known by most people as Evie Alesi. The only man who knows her true name, other than her brother, is the Master of the Castello, Louis Gabriel Maxwell. It was he who suggested she change her name. That said, he doesn't know of her history in Italy.

Useful links:
(1) http://ac-support.europe.umuc.edu/~jmatthew/naples/bandits.htm
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risorgimento
(3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Medici#18th_century:_the_fall_of_the_dynasty
(4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonari

Madriv

Quote from: Atlas on May 03, 2013, 06:11:42 AMI actually know that actor as a friend of a friend, hehe this should be interesting!

I think this is one of those situations where the less he knows about what other people do with his face, the better.    XD

And thank you for the acceptance!

AmberStarfire

Oops. I missed the fact Capricia's from Florence.

[Edit] We're thinking a shared background now (where we didn't know each other in Florence, but we met up at the Castello. We're friends and watch each other's back). Would that work?

bubby

*Flail*

I am drawing a complete blank on my chars history. No clue dammit.

EDIT: *Sigh* I'll try again tomorrow. I have a vague idea, but I'm all discombobulated today, and have no brain power.

Sephiriel

Oh, that Monica Bellucci *rrrawr* and great Background Amber, I enjoyed reading every bit of it!

AmberStarfire

Thanks Jane. I really appreciate that. :)

I really enjoyed your background as well. I admit I was thinking 'ooh my, they're going to be a corrupting influence on her!'.

bubby

All right! I've got my back story figured out, and once I am sufficiently infused with that life giving liquid known as coffee, I'll be working on my character!

DarkRose15

Quote from: Atlas on May 03, 2013, 06:11:42 AM
I actually know that actor as a friend of a friend, hehe this should be interesting!
That's so cool :D!

Quote from: bubby on May 04, 2013, 12:51:35 PM
All right! I've got my back story figured out, and once I am sufficiently infused with that life giving liquid known as coffee, I'll be working on my character!
I'm already super excited! I bet it's going to be a very tasty character indeed  >:)

bubby

Name: Anne Cooper
Played by:bubby
Nationality: American
Hair: Auburn
Height:5'8”
Sexuality:Hetero

Likes/Turn ons:Bondage, spanking, being worshiped, being a Domme, teasing, secret Switch (see players O/O's)
Dislikes/Turn offs:Scat, water sports, BDSM (see players O/O's)

Role/Archetype: Boston Brahmin Aristocrat

Personality: When with her husband, she is the perfect Brahmin wife. The best Hostess, the one to call upon to bring about the best charitable events. She is demure, ever the Lady, always the epitome of grace and class. But she has a another side, a need for power, a desire to be the one who holds sway over others, a want to allow her hidden seductress free.

Background/History: As the daughter of the prominent Brahmin family Crowninshield she could do no less but marry someone just as such, which she did when she married into the Cooper family.
Cultivated, urbane, and dignified, a Boston Brahmin was the very essence of enlightened aristocracy. The ideal Brahmin was not only wealthy, but displayed suitable personal virtues and character traits.The Brahmin was expected to cultivate the arts, support charities such as hospitals and colleges, and assume the role of community leader. Although the ideal called on him to transcend commonplace business values, in practice many found the thrill of economic success quite attractive. The Brahmins warned each other against "avarice" and insisted upon "personal responsibility". Scandal and divorce were unacceptable.  Young men attended the same prep schools and colleges, and heirs married heiresses. Family not only served as an economic asset, but also as a means of moral restraint.

Additional Character Info: Since she can trace her roots back to Britain, her husband allows her to travel there for Holiday frequently. She always travels with an entourage, for a woman to travel alone would surely cause a scandal she could not afford. Upon one of her trips, she began to hear whispers of The Castello, and would send her most trusted servants to learn more. On this trip, she has learned about the impending Masquerade, and has realized this is the perfect way to introduce herself to something she has longed for for so long.

DarkRose15

Want me to help bubby? And if anyone else wants me to try and find some pics or anything lemme know! So far everyone seems to be doing ok though, but the offer stands :D

bubby

DarkRose15

AmberStarfire

bubby

THANK you! Took me forever to find it! It's perfect. Elegance, grace and poise, and a Domme under it all.  >:)

DarkRose15

If I make a male character I'll be sure to make him feisty hehe!

Lynnette

Is here still space for another female character?

I was considering to make an oriental (Most likely Chinese) acupuncturist if it would be fine.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Montagne

thats fine, however, I'm currently in need of more members over staff, so if you have an idea for a female castello member character, that would be even more useful!

AmberStarfire

Would you have any feedback on our characters?

I'm just wondering if mine will be approved.

Montagne

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 05, 2013, 06:35:33 PM
Would you have any feedback on our characters?

I'm just wondering if mine will be approved.

ahh apologies, I was sure I sent you a PM. She is approved, as is your character Bubby

AmberStarfire

Great, thank you. :) Are you cool with Capricia and I having a shared background (we'd have met at the Castello)?

bubby

Quote from: Atlas on May 05, 2013, 08:27:02 PM
ahh apologies, I was sure I sent you a PM. She is approved, as is your character Bubby

WOO! I certainly hope so, as long as it took me, lol! Can't wait to start!

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Sephiriel

Don't know if everyone has been accepted or not, but here's a list with all the characters submitted that will help myself and you guys familiarize with them without having to search through the thread over and over again:

The Sirs

Louis Gabriel Maxwell
Akira Tetsou
William Firestone
Jacob Hayes 
Commander James Wesley Hext, R.N.
Alistair Pembroke

The Madams

Lucretia Rosalyn Maxwell
Aisha Patel
Lorelei Sinnett
Capricia Donati
River
Evie Alesi (Evelyn Danilo)
Anne Cooper

kajirakate

A thread of characters would be handy when the game gets underway, so we can check who we are interacting with.
kk

AmberStarfire

It might be better to list Evelyn as Evie Alesi, since that's the name she'll be using at the house.

I might move her names about on the sheet so it's the more prominent one.

Lynnette

I think I'll make two characters and bind their pasts together somehow.

Name: Xia Yongwei

Nationality: Chinese

Height: 5'4 Foot

Likes/Turn ons: Foreplay, Oral, Light Bondage, Intelligent partners, Clothed/Semi-clothed sex.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Too rough sex, heavy bondage, and bloodplay.

Role/Archetype: Acupunctress
Personality: Xia got a very calm and collected personality. She doesn't speak too much and don't tend to draw much attention by using words. She's very intelligent though and if she first gets in a discussion, she hardly ever stop before she either wins or realize that she was actually wrong. Besides this, she can also be a great therapist just by talking to the patient.

Background/History: Xia was born into a rather rich family in China. Her father was a silversmith and her mother a acupunctress. None of them had much of an education though, something they wanted their precious daughter to have. They saved up money since she was born, and decided to send her to England, considering all the talk about their great educational systems and what was stated as respect for other races. With this said, they sent Xia off with a ship when she was fifteen years old. Before she left her parents, they had already thought her some English, and her mother had thought her how to do Acupuncture, in case something messed up with her education and she needed to get a new job.

When Xia came to England and moved in to the collage, there was one specific person she got a very close relationship with named Victoria Hale, an aristocratic lady from a rich family who had been forced to get an education by her parents if she didn't want to get abandoned. With Xia being very motivated to study and wanted to do well and Victoria only wanting to get out, they somehow became friends. While Xia helped Victoria studying, Victoria would show Xia around in London and make her relax and step away from all the studying every once in a while.

When Xia finished her education a few years later, she was a top-notch student. Good grades and very knowledgeable. However, after stressing so much about her studying, Xia almost forgot about her cultural heritage. She had almost forgotten everything about her culture and so on, so she diecided that she wanted to pick up some of her culture again and started to do acupuncture for money, which still is her job. Xia was invited to the Castello when it opened, and she agree'd.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

Name: Victoria Hale

Height: 5'6

Likes/Turn ons: Rough sex, BDSM (Submissive), sexually experienced partners, anal sex.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Anything that belongs in a toilet mostly.

Role/Archetype: Aristocrat / Castello member
Personality: Victoria is clearly a daddy's girl. She got money, class, and a good education. Despite all this, she can appear as a not too intelligent person who could easily be confused and pulled into things she shouldn't participate in. This is not the case though. Despite her playful and fun side, she can be pretty mature when it comes to more important things.

Background/History: Victoria has always lived a life based on doing nothing. Well, almost that is. The biggest achievement so far would probably be that she managed to get through collage without failing once. All this was thanks to a close friend of hers though.

Victoria was born into the rich life. Her father was a land-owner and got a lot of money in from that, as well as that he owned a company that produced different metal products of high quality. In other words, he wouldn't run out of money at first. However, he was worried over how lazy his daughter Victoria was. While both he and his wife worked hard, Victoria appeared to not really care much about it and would rather go out and have fun instead. Because of this, her parents decided that she would be sent away to get a decent education. By this, every part of the lazy and prestigious life she used to live was ripped apart, and she was sent away to a good university. While there, she met a young oriental woman named Xia that she begun with using so she would get her work done, but ended up getting closer and closer to that one woman. They ended up with getting a close friendship through the time at the collage. However, their roads split when they both graduated, only to be found again when Victoria decided to invite Xia with her to the Castello.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

AmberStarfire

eiselmann

Absolutely looking forward to it , can see a number of ladies my chap could be of use to ,should be fun.

My ons and offs link

DarkRose15

Lucretia will enjoy interacting with everyone in some way  >:)

kajirakate

Aisha will enjoy the fine Gentleman and Ladies, and can hardly wait for her first action.
kk

DarkRose15

bubby

Since my Anne is a Domme, if at all possible it would be awesome sauce if any Gentlemen willing to delve into her little world would let me know!

MagicalPen

Color me interested. Am on vacation right now so dodgy internet access each day.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

eiselmann

Quote from: bubby on May 07, 2013, 02:30:31 AM
Since my Anne is a Domme, if at all possible it would be awesome sauce if any Gentlemen willing to delve into her little world would let me know!

Jacob works for the establishment and is a switch he can be anything your character wants him to be ....short of wearing a dress

My ons and offs link

AmberStarfire

I'm assuming my character may be something of a domme as well, but it's not a static thing when it comes to my characters. I'd very often mirror my co-writer's dominance level, though sometimes it's strongly influenced by my concept behind the character and their avatar as well. I never know until I play a character.

Madriv

I have some unexpected but very welcome company for the next couple of days, so if we get underway I won't get a post out until Friday soonest.

MagicalPen

I could easily create a man - perhaps a (former) Soldier of the British Empire - who craves to let go of control and be dominated by a woman.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 07, 2013, 11:09:57 AM
I could easily create a man - perhaps a (former) Soldier of the British Empire - who craves to let go of control and be dominated by a woman.

:D

AmberStarfire

I wonder if I should share who's on my 'pondering' list.  >:)

That said, I'm not sure what direction things will go in the game for my character yet. It will partially depend on the nature of plot, as well as time and chance.

MagicalPen

Name: Captain Andrew Simon
Played by: MagicalPen
Hair: Dark
Height: 6'0"
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Likes/Turn ons: Taboo, Anal (Giving), Ageplay, Switch, Giving in to lust and desires, Exhibitionism,
Dislikes/Turn offs: Receiving Anal, Arrogance, Bloodplay, Watersports/Scat

Role/Archetype: Ships Captain
Personality: Andrew always loved the sea and had grown up on its shores in a wealthy manor house. He was always destined for the sea and began sailing at a very young age. He quickly learned how to finesse a ship along rocky shoreline and soon took commission as the Captain of a Trading Vessel. He quickly enlisted in the East India Company and spent many years away from England, all the while amassing wealth through the lucrative trade with the East.

It was here that he experienced many oriental pleasures but knew that there was always something missing. He was always in command, of his ship, of his men, of the whores, but every one in a while he felt the need to be able to relax and let some one else take control. He has yet to find that sort of release.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

bubby

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 07, 2013, 02:50:32 PM

Name: Captain Andrew Simon
Played by: MagicalPen
Hair: Dark
Height: 6'0"

Likes/Turn ons: Taboo, Anal (Giving), Ageplay, Switch, Giving in to lust and desires, Exhibitionism,
Dislikes/Turn offs: Receiving Anal, Arrogance, Bloodplay, Watersports/Scat

Role/Archetype: Aristocrat
Personality: Andrew is very by the book, having been in the Military for half his life along with coming from a Military family. He can be very strict and rigid but not to the point of arrogance. He is generally quite friendly though choses not to talk about his military service.
Background/History: Andrew grew up on a large estate, his father raising horses after he retired from the Dragoons. Well off, Andrew learned how to ride from an early age and became an expert horseman. His father taught him how to use a lance and sword on horseback as well, teaching him many of the things he'd need to know when older.

When Andrew came of age, he joined the Royal Dragoons, quickly rising through the ranks based on his horsemanship and skill. He also had a natural talent for tactics, especially in the way formations of Horse moved on the battlefield and over land. He was also an expert marksman with the specially designed Dragoon Carbine. He was also quite good with a pistol, especially for horseback.

Andrew quickly became a man of rank in the Dragoons and was leading men across several battlefields. It was in these foreign locations where he served that he had affairs with natives, learning a lot about the people he was fighting along with various forms of sex and different attitudes towards it.

Mrowr.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

DarkRose15

*brings cookies and drinks for everyone to enjoy*

AmberStarfire

*Helps herself to a cookie*

Thankie. *Brought some wine*

DarkRose15

RevAtArms

Right.  So, most probably the character I will actually be playing is:

Name: Aleksei Alexandrovich Sidorov
Played by: RevAtArms
Nationality: Russian
Height: 5'10"
Sexuality: Heteroflexible

Likes/Turn ons: Hierarchy of personality, casual sexuality, skillful oral, breathplay, control (of self and others), sodomy, tyranny of intellect.
Dislikes/Turn offs: True non-consensuality, rapists, abusers, child-molesters and violent drunks.  Arrogance of breeding or station.

Role/Archetype: Expatriate author, philosopher and intellectual. 
Personality: Slightly ascerbic, an odd mixture of the practical and the idealistic.  He's a very functional partial alcoholic and, when he's of the mind, a bombastic, intense personality. 
Background/History: A child of privilege and superlative breeding, Aleksei Alexandrovich was one of the fortunate few in Imperial Russia -- his family was both noble and wealthy.  Unfortunately, neither of those things prevented the Crimean War from claiming his father and elder brothers, and young Aleksei had that week of funerals scarred into his memory for the entirety of his life.  He fostered a growing hate for government, particularly imperialistic government, and as he aged, became educated and broadened his interests, he came to the realization that the current system could only end in tears. 

He has fled his native land to live a life in exile, for the revolutionary nature of his writings was wholly unacceptable, even under the reasonably enlightened Alexander II.  He remains a wealthy man, living off what he considers to be ill-gotten gains...but it allows him to do his Work, and that is sufficient.  The proceeds of the liquidation of his estates have set up most comfortably, and while he does not as a rule /enjoy/ the process of making money into more money, he certainly seems to be very good at it...or, at least good enough that his initial nest egg has grown in size. He might be opposed to mercantilism idealistically, but he either has great talent for it or his position looking in on the system has given him an unusual skill for manipulating it.  Either way, he does not want for wealth...though his distaste for the activities that produce it mean that his fortunes fluctuate based on his willingness to suffer ‘poverty.’ 

The Castello is an escape for him, a place where he may leave behind the trappings of birth and circumstance and let his mind and body fly freely. 

AmberStarfire

I love your background. It's really well thought out.

RevAtArms

Thanks!  It's an adaptation of Tolstoy's life.  (In the broadest possible sense.)

kajirakate

So many lovely, well thought out characters, Aisha wants to meet them all.  Very soon please, pretty please.
kk

BlackestKnight

Does anyone even remember the last update from threadstarter?

kajirakate

He PM'd me the other day, and hopefully we will be underway shortly.  Can't wait to interact with such an interesting band of characters and their creators.
kk

bubby

*Hopes to be able to get her Domme on by this weekend at least*  >:)

kajirakate

To misquote the musical South Pacific, there is nothing a Domme. mmmmmmm Dommeeeeeeeeeeeee to misquote a yellow man from Springfield.
kk

bubby

So can Andre be hired to play privately for patrons?  ::)

BlackestKnight

Quote from: bubby on May 09, 2013, 02:20:57 AM
So can Andre be hired to play privately for patrons?  ::)

I suppose he could, what do you have in mind? An upbeat spritely tune to dance and socialize? or something a bit more subdued and formal? Maybe the type of music you seek is of a carnal kind found in the natural orchestra, that I can oblige as well.

kajirakate

If anyone wishes to play one to one while we wait, either with versions of these characters but a different set-up or other characters feel free to pm me.  Always looking for fun ideas.
kk

bubby

Quote from: BlackestKnight on May 09, 2013, 02:54:04 AM
I suppose he could, what do you have in mind? An upbeat spritely tune to dance and socialize? or something a bit more subdued and formal? Maybe the type of music you seek is of a carnal kind found in the natural orchestra, that I can oblige as well.

I dunno yet. But since I like me some Andre 3000 personally, I'm pretty sure my char will find Andre quite intriguing. I was just making sure that a 'private concert' might be acceptable. Can't wait to begin!

AmberStarfire

Montagne

Quote from: kajirakate on May 09, 2013, 03:10:44 AM

If anyone wishes to play one to one while we wait, either with versions of these characters but a different set-up or other characters feel free to pm me.  Always looking for fun ideas.
Quote from: BlackestKnight on May 09, 2013, 01:39:06 AM
Does anyone even remember the last update from threadstarter?

Okay! Hello people time to deal with the backlog, but to start, a slightly depressing apology:

Sorry I haven't been around to answer questions and in general get the game started as I should have been doing, however as you all signed up to my crazy idea I feel you all deserve to know why. Its mostly a result of a combination of "get all this work done or lose the contract" rush at the end of a working contract that has kept me away from leisure time (wake up, work 12 hours, eat, sleep, do the same again.)

The second and probably more muse destroying aspect was having my partner of 2 and a half years leave me and watch my life take a small implosion over the last week. That left me wanting to do little in terms of writing, that plus the workload had me away from E for a few days.

Either way, I'm back and I'm ready to rock and roll. I'm currently as we speak writing the opening. expect it within the next 4-5 hours!

Now, happier stuff!

Rev, your new character is approved.

Have I missed anyone, if so please please post below!

Magicalpen, you might have missed this post because it ended up a few pages back.

Quote from: Atlas on May 02, 2013, 09:38:39 PM
I'm looking to cut down on the number of sailors and the military types atm as it seems to be the majority of the non staff male contingent, and the males already outnumber the females.

I'm currently not accepting any more military officers/sailors as it seems to have a large weighting for the male characters, more so than actual victorian society. (while we think of the victorians as this expansionist military empire, it was really only the tiniest contingent. at some points we were rulling all of the Raj with as few as 1000 officers.) However, I'd love to have you in the game in some sort of civilian role!

Everyone else who wants to apply, feel free to apply! We need more female guests. and just more guests of either gender in general. some more idealistic male student types  would be great too! (any sexy author characters out there?)

Lynnette

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Montagne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 09, 2013, 01:39:45 PM
I think you forgot my apps.

Lol I was just going to edit it as you posted, you're lightning quick. They're also both approved.

Just to check. I'm assuming Victoria will be coming to visit her friend for the first time at the Castello when the game begins?

bubby

Lynnette

Quote from: Atlas on May 09, 2013, 01:41:03 PM
Lol I was just going to edit it as you posted, you're lightning quick. They're also both approved.

Just to check. I'm assuming Victoria will be coming to visit her friend for the first time at the Castello when the game begins?

Probably yeah. And now you made me want to make an sex-author despite that I don't have enough time to manage three roles at the same time in my current position :/
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

AmberStarfire

I'm so sorry to hear what's happened for you in the last week, GM. *Lots of hugs* if they're wanted.

I'm pleased to see the game starting but look after yourself first.

Montagne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 09, 2013, 01:46:20 PM
Probably yeah. And now you made me want to make an sex-author despite that I don't have enough time to manage three roles at the same time in my current position :/

You could always have victoria a english student, writing her first novel as she comes to visit the castello. It's a romance that by the time she leaves has become one of victorian londons darkest erotic literature.

Lynnette

YOU'RE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU LO- Wait... I dunno how you look... If I'm right, you are probably rather smart-looking... Or something like that...

That's a good diea actually. I might decide to make it a part of her. I wish I thought of it before you suggested it so I could take credits for it ;-;
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Montagne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 09, 2013, 01:52:26 PM
YOU'RE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU LO- Wait... I dunno how you look... If I'm right, you are probably rather smart-looking... Or something like that...

That's a good diea actually. I might decide to make it a part of her. I wish I thought of it before you suggested it so I could take credits for it ;-;

lmfao. I try my best! Will give her an interesting and cultured perspective :)

DarkRose15

*hugs tight* Glad to have you back, and I'm sorry that all that happened. Can't wait to see what awesome opening you have started :D And don't overdo it if you don't have to *more hugs*

MagicalPen

How about a Merchant Captain of the East India Company? Basically a wealthy Merchant, not affiliated to the Military.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Montagne

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 10, 2013, 02:34:37 AM
How about a Merchant Captain of the East India Company? Basically a wealthy Merchant, not affiliated to the Military.

It would depend on the character, but its quite likely he'll be similar to the other captains/military types. It would depend what role he took, an explorer type probably not, an official in the raj, possibly (maybe even a native official, that would be interesting). But a lot of the characters have trader backgrounds.

MagicalPen

Bloody Hell >.< The Upper Echelons of society back then would have been rather limited to hereditary titles, the military, and merchants. The Merchant Background would be more interesting then Hereditary...traveled the world, took in the sights, met lots of interesting characters etc.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

AmberStarfire

I notice your Irish flag, Mr Pen. Hello from Galway.

MagicalPen

I was just up there - in Carrabane really - down in Dingle right now, off to Killorglin tomorrow. I butcher Gaelic though >.<

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

AmberStarfire

I mostly avoid it. :P

Those are actually places I haven't seen yet, but yeah.. I hope you enjoy your travels. I won't write too much lest I hijack the GM's game discussion thread.

Montagne

Boom, and its done!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173953.0

And the OOC!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173954.0

also, heres a code for the little post header, please include it in your posts!

[float=left][img height=120]Picture[/img]
[/float]
[b][size=14pt]Name[/size][/b]
[i]Archetype[/i]
[b]With:[/b]  ----
[b]Doing:[/b] ----
[hr]

AmberStarfire

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Montagne

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 13, 2013, 09:01:36 AM
Is my East Indian profile ok?

To quote what I had said previously

Quote from: Atlas on May 10, 2013, 02:45:18 AM
It would depend on the character, but its quite likely he'll be similar to the other captains/military types. It would depend what role he took, an explorer type probably not, an official in the raj, possibly (maybe even a native official, that would be interesting). But a lot of the characters have trader backgrounds.

So in general its just not particularly different from the characters we've already seen. There are dozens of other ideas than just aristocratic traders.

An older doctor, a new surgeons student, a zealous new young crown prosecutor, a idealistic political student, a organizer of the working class, a corruptible green seminary student, One of the emerging class of risk taking stock brokers. A colonial official in africa or the middle east. A journalist looking for a scoop for the new penny tabloids.

Try to grab something that will fill its own niche.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

xPeachyPuff

I think I might be interested in playing a young female Aristocrat. A young lady from a wealthy family who's left to her own demises because her parents are incredibly engrossed with their businesses and each other. her curiosities must be satisfied!

Would something like that be alright, Atlas?

Montagne

Thats seems lovely (obviously I'll need to see the full character sheet before its approved.)

The IC is only a few posts in and I'll generally be filtering people into the IC as its quite a fluid setting, so feel free to make our character! :)

Good to have you on board with another of my games!

xPeachyPuff

Name: Abigale Lilly Ashworth.
Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Nationality: British.
Eyes: Deep blue.
Hair: Red.
Height: A dainty 4’11”.
Sexuality: Bi-Curious. (See Extra character info below.)

Likes/Turn ons: Age Difference, Taller partners, Romance, Love and making love, the idea of passionate, rough sex, Shower/Bath/Rain Scenes, Being Dominated, Leaving a mark (biting, scratching), Men of lower social standing than herself, being a different person for a day.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Scat/Watersports/Vomit, Anal, Needles.

Role/Archetype: The naive, attention-craving rich girl.

Personality: Though seemingly innocent and naive, Abigale knows what she wants when she eventually realizes what that is. She's quite uptight and very ladylike because of her upbringing, but is desperate to break that facade and be herself. She is kind hearted and caring, though if you get on the wrong side of her she will very much make you aware of that in a subtle way. Abigale, although friendly and generous, can be quite quiet and secretive of things. She's a fairly good liar, though she doesn't believe in the act, it's just something she's had to do.

Background/History: Abigale comes from the background of every little girls dream; her parents had so much money they had no idea what to do with it and she had everything she could have possibly wanted as a child. She was often the envy of her friends, despite them being upper class themselves. Her father owned his own trading company, which relished the fact they lived near a port, while her mother became a very popular author after meeting her husband, earning her own generous income. Everything was perfect and in the public eye they were the perfect little family with all the money and not enough time to spend it. However, behind closed doors it was a completely different story, as it usually is.

Her parents were never around growing up; she was always left with nanny after nanny after nanny, and it only got worse as she got older. Even though her mother was always around the house, Abigale rarely saw the woman. Her father was equally as rare to see as he was out working constantly, he only came home in the evenings to go straight to his wife. It was like she didn't even exist unless they were in public or Abigale was doing something wrong.

Her childhood was painfully slow and dull as dishwater. She hardly left the home, seeing only her regular tutors and household staff; the only time she would leave the estates grounds was for some lession or another, and she'd be accompanied like she couldn't handle being on her own. It was awfully restricting and she just wished to be rid of it. Her parents would even demand that tailors come to the house to make her daughters dresses.

It was only when she met him that things started to change, not around her, but inside of her. He was a boy of her age, maybe a little older at the time, and he was living on the estate with his mother who was one of her maids. She remembered meeting him while on the grounds behind the estate; their garden. He was so down to earth and so pleasant, even though Abigale was terrified of him to start with and couldn't quite get his jokes. She remembered getting offended by his teasing at first, before he explained why he was doing it. He was her first friend, her first look at the real world, and her first kiss. Of course, her mother just so happened to see them from the second story window, kissing innocently behind one of the grand oak tree's in the yard. He and his mother were instantly removed from the premises; the plea's of the woman still haunted her throughout her older years. That was what sparked her interest in the world, in being someone different; her mother always told her that their were filthy, poor, disgusting people in the outside world and all Abigale could think was 'at least they're happy.'

Additional Character Info: Abigale is very well educated on paper, but when it comes to real life events and reacting to them, she's a novice and can be rather hopeless. She falls in love with things/people very easily and devotes herself 110% to those things/people. Also, Abigale is a virgin, as is only proper for a young lady of her age, though that does not mean she wants to be.

Here she is! Would love any feedback people have. Hope she looks alright. ♥

AmberStarfire

I like your character and she feels really genuine in who and how she is. She's the sort of character I felt the inclination to protect from our naughty characters at the Castello on first thought, so you're obviously doing something right. ;)

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 14, 2013, 08:40:15 PM
I like your character and she feels really genuine in who and how she is. She's the sort of character I felt the inclination to protect from our naughty characters at the Castello on first thought, so you're obviously doing something right. ;)

Awwh, thank you very much, Amber (:

mayovagn

Do you have room for another bi aristo girl? Should I keep working on this here bio I have started to type up?

*Smiles*

M.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

mayovagn

Here is what I have so far. I am not sure its complete, but am I on the right lines or is this too similar to anything that has come up already?

Name: Elsbeth Alicia Crowley (Beth to those who she likes)
Played by: mayovagn
Eyes: Dark Blue
Hair: Dark Brown, straight, short and fine with natural blond streaks and highlights.
Height: 5'10"
Sexuality: Omnisexual and pollyamorous.

Likes/Turn ons: Has a lot of ideas of what could turn her on, yet hasn't had the time to experiment yet to solidify those ideas. She has a great store of strange and twisted ideas of what could possibly be fun, ranging from group sex, through domination and submission and bondage and on out the other side to seeing what it would be like to watch a woman with some kind of animal.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Anything involving certain less wholesome bodily fluids (shit and bile), closed minds, conformity.

Role/Archetype: Libertine, thinker, tinkerer, philosopher, mystic.

Personality: Curious, quiet, intense, clever, insightful, somewhat inscruitable. Slow to trust, but quick to look for humour. Beth is somewhat of an enigma. Not one to take 'no' for an answer and more than happy to bend the world to her will where necessary rather than allowing the world to cause her to bend. Beth is of a will and a character that is loathe to turn away once she has her heart set on a course until or unless she is satisfied. She would make an excellent research scientist or engineer, avenues that are unlikely to ever be fully open to her. She has, however, set her sights on more esoteric pursuits of philosophy, thelogy, theosophy and alchemy along with dashes of mysticim and magical theory.

Background/History: Born into an independantly wealthy upper-class brewing family from Leamington Spa in Warwickshire England, Beth didn't want for anything growing up. She spent much of her youth in the very well stocked family library simply absorbing information. Sucking it up from the dusty and ancient tomes around her, learning anything and everything she could, but focusing somewhat on religion and other ancient verities of the nature of existence.

She has recently spent some time in India with her extended family there, two years in Mumbai. There she absorbed everything she could on the local culture and customs along with much on the various religious beliefs of the region. She sampled a lot of the local pleasures, learning much about the basics of lovemaking in the process as well as something of drug use (and abuse).

It was near the end of this stay abroard that she came to hear of the Free Love Movement back home and on returning to England sought it out agressively using her family money and influence to do so. Whispers abounded among those in 'The Movement' of a hotel in Dover where nearly anything goes and all sorts of ideas and pecadillos were catered for and to. The lure was too great to a mind as inquiring and open as Beth's, drawn like a moth to a flame to sample all the opotunities to explore herself and her true nature that this place could, should, must represent.

Additional Character Info: Curious, inquisitive and a little bookish Beth can seem a little scatterbrained at times even distractable, yet she can also be extraordinarily focused on things that hold her attention to the point of seeming driven.

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Montagne

*I should be in bed. why am I awake at 5am. :P*

ANYWAY!

I love both the characters, feel free to jump into the IC ;D

Abigale is a lovely character exactly one of the sorts of girl Louis would seek out, but I feel I might have quite a competition for that hand :P

Also love your character mayovagn! Reminds me somewhat of Ada Lovelace (she wasn't an influence was she by any chance?)

mayovagn

Beth's inspiration is a certain historical personage who shares some similar details to her background...

I am certain it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who, though it might require a bare minimum of 'outside the box' thinking. First one to work out who it is wins a 'noprize'.  *Smiles*

Thanks, I will look at posting soonest.

M.

mayovagn

Too much scientist, not enough mystic... *Smiles*

Montagne

Quote from: mayovagn on May 14, 2013, 11:42:52 PM
Too much scientist, not enough mystic... *Smiles*

and now i will have to do some googling. what a fun chase.

kajirakate

Interesting, historical characters disguised slightly.  Someone similar to the Prince of Wales (future Edward VII) might visit.
kk

Montagne

Quote from: kajirakate on May 15, 2013, 12:42:10 AM

Interesting, historical characters disguised slightly.  Someone similar to the Prince of Wales (future Edward VII) might visit.

a landed noble/lower level royalty character could be very interesting. Particularly depending on his leanings. He may but heads with some of the radicals most deliciously.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Atlas on May 14, 2013, 11:26:05 PM
*I should be in bed. why am I awake at 5am. :P*

ANYWAY!

I love both the characters, feel free to jump into the IC ;D

Abigale is a lovely character exactly one of the sorts of girl Louis would seek out, but I feel I might have quite a competition for that hand :P

I know, I was still awake at 5am ;-;

Thank you very much Atlas :3 I'm glad you like her! I will be jumping into the IC asap ^_^ ♥

Vassus

Alright, alright, I have been away (being a performer and all. Now, I said I was interested a while ago, but I never really came back to having any free time until now. Alright, to make a long story short, is thee any room in this (very lovely, by the way) RP?

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Montagne

Quote from: Vassus on May 16, 2013, 12:05:11 AM
Alright, alright, I have been away (being a performer and all. Now, I said I was interested a while ago, but I never really came back to having any free time until now. Alright, to make a long story short, is thee any room in this (very lovely, by the way) RP?

there is indeed :)

AmberStarfire

Vassus

Oh, nothing too bad. Some stage work, and I'm actually going off to act in a small film. Exciting stuff. But, to business. The character I've been writing is a young German man of means, escaping the upheaval and tensions just before the Franco-Prussian war. I think I'm going to put him as the second son of a wealthy trader from Hanover (A state in Britain's influence, which is why my character chose England as his new home). I think he would be friendly towards most, though I don't think he would like Jane's character, as she's French. Would it be possible in Germany (Well, Hanover, or the North German Confederation, or Prussia, or... at the time to buy a title of nobility? I'm pretty good with history, but I I knew that, I can't recall it now.

Montagne

Quote from: Vassus on May 18, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Oh, nothing too bad. Some stage work, and I'm actually going off to act in a small film. Exciting stuff. But, to business. The character I've been writing is a young German man of means, escaping the upheaval and tensions just before the Franco-Prussian war. I think I'm going to put him as the second son of a wealthy trader from Hanover (A state in Britain's influence, which is why my character chose England as his new home). I think he would be friendly towards most, though I don't think he would like Jane's character, as she's French. Would it be possible in Germany (Well, Hanover, or the North German Confederation, or Prussia, or... at the time to buy a title of nobility? I'm pretty good with history, but I I knew that, I can't recall it now.

Title purchase I'm not entirely sure on when it comes to other european nations, so assuming it was possible, go ahead and do that, just might take a quick wikipedia search to find out. It seems plausible however. Also hoorah, as we currently have a lack of younger male characters, so your in much need. :) has he come to england to do something in particular? what fortune does he seek as they say?

Sephiriel

@Vassus: that's something I wouldn't mind. In fact, on the contrary, every story needs conflict, be it subtle, less important or otherwise. I can't wait to see your character taking shape.

Madriv

Character #2
Name: Don Carlos O'Donnell, Marquis of Altamira

Nationality: Spanish
Hair: Blonde
Height: 6'1"
Sexuality: Straight

Likes/Turn ons: Tequila, pornography, women of all nations
Dislikes/Turn offs: Censorship of art or ideas, prudish behavior, most other members of European nobility

Role/Archetype: The Progressive Rake

Personality: Opportunistic, uninhibited, adventuresome; always attracted to the latest inventions, conventions, and experiences.

Background/History: Carlos had the luck to be born into one of the richest families in Spain. He also had the luck to be not the first or second son, nor even the third or fourth. He was a seventh son, the youngest and consequentially most spoiled of the lot. With no expectations to hold him back, Carlos spent most of his youth touring Europe, Africa, and the family's expansive holdings in Mexico.   

It was during these long voyages that he developed a voracious appetite for literature. Not fine literature, either, in spite of his tutors' best efforts. Rather early on Carlos discovered a certain genre - erotica - proved appealing in both speculative and practical ways.

Oddly enough, the production and distribution of pornographic material were enterprises that made extensive use of the latest technology. Photography, in particular, was a new invention that Carlos immediately embraced (he had the money to do so). He promoted its artistic use in high-profile circles.. and its prurient use among underground networks. 

Having developed friendly correspondence with some of the most prosperous publishers on Holywell Street in London, Carlos paid a visit to merry olde England to discuss publication of an explicit photographic magazine, perhaps the first of its kind.

Additional Character Info: Carlos was directed towards the Castello to enjoy the atmosphere and to discuss with Maxwell the possibility of "borrowing" a few of his beautiful employees for a series of photographic sessions. And yes, he is of Irish decent on his paternal side.  It's complicated, but he'll be happy to tell you the whole story if you'll be so kind as to get out of those clothes and pose right over there...

Montagne

approved that character. Anyone else want to come and play?  >:)

spooky

I want to play, though I have a few questions.

Do you happen to have room for a young naive, street urchin? Or would I be better off playing a snooty young noble?
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Montagne

I dont see why not. could you provide me a character sheet so I can take a look at your idea in full? Dont want you to end up feeling out of place.

spooky

it would be my pleasure. I'm working things out now.

spooky

Name: Simon Blackwell A.K.A Louise Augustus The Bastard of Hanover
Played by:Spooky
Nationality: British/German
Eyes: Black
Height: 5'11"

Likes/Turn ons: Painting, Blank canvases, and wine.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Anything foul smelling.

Role/Archetype: Starving Artist-young and idealistic.
Personality: Simon is a shy and very quiet youth, yet his ideals and views are as grand as the images he creates on the canvas. He enjoys placing his world into a painting, almost as if to translate the things he sees and the way he sees them so that others may share the vision. He likes to watch things from afar, as he is too introverted to step up and act on the things he may desire. Outside of his world of acrylics and brushes he holds little faith in himself. If cornered intellectually it's quite possible to get a word or so from him, but for the most part he sticks to himself. He has his secrets and intends to hold them close, and that has caused much of his mildly anti-social approach to life.

Background/History: Louise Augustus was born to a nameless harlot whom his father, George Frederick Alexander Charles Ernest Augustus, allowed himself to enjoy in a lapse of judgment. His father, being blind, was unable to ever describe the woman, and never desired to speak on the subject. Being born the bastard son of a Prince just months before George V was titled King of Hanover didn't much help the matter either. As such his childhood consisted of a guilt ridden game of pass the bastard across the whole of Hanover. His siblings saw him as a threat and his mother seemed to simply dismiss his existence. Louise was only 6 when he was dubbed The Bastard of Hanover by his royal elder siblings.

Louise had very little if any contact with his father, and the mother he never knew had died in childbirth. He knew nothing of the woman, other than her harlotry and filth. That, and all the rest of the things he heard from his mother and siblings. He lived sequestered in one manse or another through his youth and knew no comfort outside of art and food. His tutors and instructors taught him in a strict and fierce manner, often leaving him in silence after a botched lesson or session. He found solace in art at the age of 12, when for once he was sent a tutor under his father’s order instead of the Queen. A man named Victor Sullivan, a kind and patent man with a head of ideas that went nowhere. Louse took a liking to a great many of Victor's wild and imaginative stories, often told as pictures where painted with his rendition.  After a year or so, Louise found himself painting out the stories that he dreamed up, and remaking the world on canvas.

At the age of 15 Louise was rushed out of his latest lavish cage and taken into the Empire of Great Britain by his tutor, Victor. Louise was told that he was no longer Louise Augustus, The Bastard of Hanover. Victor dragged Louise through the streets and dumped him in the midst of the dark street saying his goodbyes and apologizing. In shock, Louise stood in the rain, simply lost and confused, truly alone and without aid. After a moment of terror and realization he looked over to the orphanage he was in front of and waited under the awning till dawn.

Louise, now known as Simon Blackwell, was taken in by the St. Bartholomew home for wayward boys and felt far more love than he had in the cushions of his royal cage. His skill with a brush and canvas quickly gave him a meager income and something to move away from the new home he knew he couldn't keep. His love for the place merely saddened him, as he could not even tell them his name. Simon thought it unlikely that his name would be known to many, but none the less he kept the secret his old tutor seemed determined would ruin him. As such the young artist lived poorly, moving from place to place peddling portraits and mosaics as years past.

As Simon celebrated his 19th birthday, alone and wondering the streets he approached a The Castello, wondering what chances he had to find work at the massive hotel. After a few weeks of repeatedly walking up to the door before turning away shaking his head, Simon finally found himself placing a pale knuckle to the door. His stammered explanation of his purpose was greeted with a kindness, at least more kindness than he had grown accustomed. Simon was then given work as an artist, painting portraits and whatever else was demanded of him. In exchange for this service Simon was given... well he now had a place to stay.

Additional Character Info: Simon, is shy but very interested in the goings on of The Castello. He has occasionally done very lovely paintings of members and staff, both clothed and nude. He is still a virgin of course, though not as a matter of intention as much as bad luck.

Montagne

AmberStarfire

Very cool character!! I really like your background. It'll be interesting to see your character in play.

Caela

This looks like a LOT of fun! Do yuo have room for one more girl, and if so, what do you need most? If not, I'll just enjoy reading along. :)

Montagne

Theres always room at the castello for you caela! Let me get back to you on what we are lacking. Is there a role particularly captures you imagination atm

spooky

Quote from: Atlas on June 12, 2013, 06:57:18 PM
Character approved! Get in the IC!

I'll put him to work post haste, thank you for approving him.

Caela

Quote from: Atlas on June 13, 2013, 06:03:22 AM
Theres always room at the castello for you caela! Let me get back to you on what we are lacking. Is there a role particularly captures you imagination atm

I like the idea of a girl that works at the Castello, but then a client, or spoiled rich girl could be fun as well! lol There are enough options in this game that my brain wants to bounce from one to the next...which was part of why I asked what you might need, it would help give my Muse a direction to look in. :)

SpiralSpider

Here is my character idea.  :-)

Name: Amelia June Collingwood
Played by: SpiralSpider
Eyes: pale blue
Hair: platinum blonde
Height: 5'3
Sexuality: straight
(or so she believes...)

Likes/Turn ons: Mostly unknown and will be discovered during RP. Amelia has limited sexual experience and has found nothing she enjoys so far. However, romancing her, confidence, fair treatment and a show of talent might gain her interest. She is also a sucker for a foreign accent.
Dislikes/Turn offs: My own offs apply here, as everywhere: Extreme non-con, bodily waste, incest, dead things, underage persons.
Amelia's personal Turn offs are largely unknown and only discoverable during RP. The exceptions are: poor hygiene, ignorance, chauvinism, a strong smell of alcohol and a selfish partner.

Role/Archetype: daughter of the nouveau riche; married into old nobility

Personality:Amelia is well-mannered, honest and down to earth. She can find happiness in the little things in life and so is easy to please as long as she is treated well enough. In many ways, though, Amelia is naive. She was brought up with conservative parents who rigidly taught her to follow the rules of polite society. She believes there is usually only one “right” way of doing things – mostly due to the fact that she was exposed to so little. She fears change until she becomes accustomed to it.

Background/History: Amelia's mother (Winnifred Dawson) was English and her father (Julian Colbert) was a Frenchman who dropped everything to give her whatever she desired. Through a bit of luck and a lot of determination, he managed to strike his fortune as the industrial revolution took root. After the couple became firmly planted in their new moneyed status,Winnie began to panic. She was a new mother of two young children and she would do everything in her power to provide them a bright future. She carefully invested extra money and hid bits away here and there, but also took care to give Amelia and Henri a solid education. Winnie was also firm in her resolve to never have another child, having one of each sex meant that both parents should be happy, in her eyes, and she wanted to make certain she could provide well for them if disaster were to strike. Even when it became obvious that they would never have to want again, she stubbornly refused to chance another child.

In Amelia's case, she was always a well behaved child – a nearly stark contrast to her younger brother. Henri ended up a playboy and she went as far in her education as was permitted a young lady. She even taught at a local orphanage for a short period of time before her betrothal. Amelia's dreams were small and a bit of the usual: fall in love, marry well and raise a family. Her parents were very careful in how and when they presented her to the public and would screen her suitors before they were ever allowed to meet with her in a semi-private way. Several men were rejected  by the two outright and on the other side of things, the first match they approved of didn't end up taking. When Lord Theodore Collingwood entered, everything seemed picture perfect. He was as madly in love with Amelia as her parents were with him... or more the fact that he would be able to further her standing in English society.

Ted was persistent in his wooing and even though he was nearly twelve years her senior, she did eventually become fond of him. Nothing in her understanding of romantic love made her think that it was what she had with Theodore, but she did care for him and enjoyed his company and she felt she would come to love him in time. The couple had a proper, nine month engagement and then she married him with confidence that they were a smart match.

However, not all was what it seemed. Not one week home from their honeymoon and Ted began unseemly behavior. He would leave without a word and be gone for any length of time. He drank too much and ate too little – at least at home or with her. And then, three months in, the worst happened, Amelia found out that he had taken mistresses. By the end of six months, he wouldn't even do her the courtesy of hiding them from her sight. Heartbroken, Amelia had no clue how to handle the situation. Theodore began requiring a curfew of her and demanded to know whom she was with and where she went half the time – the other half being when he was drunk. But Ted was good at keeping up appearances – at least amongst the gentry and especially his family. If Amelia were to speak out against him, her name would be ruined, along with her family's as well. What's more, in Victorian society, a wife's property becomes her husband's when she marries, so if she were to leave him she would be not only disgraced but destitute.

Her home life being a great deal of stress, Abigale takes to charity work as a means to take her mind off of things. It gives her a chance to get out of the house and have social interaction, although it isn't proper to speak of such things as her troubles in public. Each day she has to walk with that clay mask on her face, another part inside her dies. It won't be long until she finally breaks and does something drastic to deal with it all.

• Amelia has one friend already in the game – a lady by the name of Abigale Ashworth.
  • She knows very little about other lifestyles but will become open to them in time, particularly when it comes to things that empower women or disempower men. (Even if only symbolically)
  • She has never once enjoyed sex. Theodore is crude and selfish. The one saving grace in those encounters is that they have been short-lived.
  • I encourage others of all kinds to reach out to her in friendship – or as a lover, however you see fit. I plan on exploring her reactions to different experiences within roleplays and would like to have partners help her find out what she enjoys.
  • She will be very resistant of the Free Love lifestyle at first ad it will take some gentle persuading to open her up to it.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Montagne

I like the character, however I'd quite like you to fill in the O&Os section before I approve, even if it's just your RP O&Os

SpiralSpider

Hmmm... I'm not sure how many of my vague 'ons' will apply to her. But I tried to edit her Ons and Offs a bit. I hope that it is satisfactory.

Jezebell

Name: Emmaline Rose Fairfax (Emma)
Played by: Jezebell
Eyes: Warm brown
Hair: Brown with some blonde and darker pieces
Height: 5'2"
Sexuality: She'll tell you heterosexual, but that may change

Likes/Turn ons: Intelligence, ambition, good food, and good conversation as far as her likes go. In the bedroom she prefers to be dominated, and is very open to all sorts of toys and positions. Though her sexual experience is limited, she has done her research and has a pretty good idea as to what she will and won't enjoy.
Dislikes/Turn offs: Outside of the bedroom she cannot stand weak personalities, people who simply let her win arguments, men who think of women as the weaker sex, and unclean things. Beneath the sheets she will not allow anal, anything that belongs in the toilet, dead things, and anything that has to do with pain.

Role/Archetype: New Rich
Personality: Emma isn't your typical Victorian lady. She's extraordinarily intelligent and outgoing, and will not back down to anyone. Regardless of the consequences, she fights for what she believes in and never gives up. Being an outspoken person, she often gets herself into trouble but can usually talk herself out of a sticky situation. The young woman is very charming, and can hold conversation with practically anyone. If anyone crosses her do not think she won't seek revenge- indeed, coming up with creative plans to get back at someone is one of her skills. Shyness is something that she does not understand, and neither is the tendency to only half-ass something. She gives everything her all, no matter what.
Background/History: Emma grew up in a small village and was raised in a large family. She got used to going without, and became very resourceful when it came to getting food. As a child she'd run in the way of a passing cart and pretend to become hurt by it simply to gain food or money from the shocked owner. Quite the pickpocket, she was always picking up food nd money to keep her family going. Emma had always been an intelligent child, and learned to read at age 7 when the local priest offered to teach her. She read only the bible at first, it being the only book her family owned, but soon enough books began to "turn up" out of nowhere. Reading became her favorite thing, and she taught herself to write.
  She had a lot of big ideas that simply could not be realized within the confines of the village, so at age 16 she moved to London to pursue her writing career. She got hired at a local flower shop, but that income alone wasn't enough to pay rent on her small apartment so she also worked for a brothel. In between jobs, she began work on a book of poems. Her poetry was very deep and mesmerizing, and when she self published it at age 18 it instantly became a hit. Rich and middle class persons alike were touched by her words, and she was skyrocketed to stardom.
  Soon she gained enough money to move out of her apartment, and rented a town house. Her social status climbed to that of the lower elite, and she soon became very popular amongst the rich for her clever conversations and brilliant ideas. Now at age 20 she's pretty well known in London, and has decided to go to th Castello to gain inspiration for her upcoming novel.
Additional Character Info: -She worked at the brothel for only 2 months, and only entertained 4 clients in that time. Suffice to say, she was fired.
-Some despise her for making her own fortune as a woman
-She has researched the Castello and all sorts of sex, though she hasn't participated in anything other than the classic missionary.
-Emma has never been in love, and seeks it or at least lust for a source of inspiration
-For someone who had never been properly educated, she reads and writes extraordinarily well. Only recently has she taken up etiquette classes, and still doesn't know much about math but the basics.

AmberStarfire

I think the game would definitely benefit from some more men, yes.

Jez: You've probably heard this already, but your avatar image is a familiar one. A lady named Nightbird used to use the same image, before she passed away. It's not a bad reminder, so please don't think that, just.. it brings her to mind. I didn't know her personally but she was a friend and roleplaying partner of my husband's. No weirdness is intended by mentioning it.

Also, welcome. :)

mayovagn

Jezebell

Amber: No weirdness felt c: I actually haven't heard that before, surprisingly enough. It's sad to hear that she passed away, and that's rather interesting how I chose the same one! At first I thought you were going to respectfully tell me to change my avatar hahaha x)

AmberStarfire

Jez: No, I wouldn't do that and I don't see there as being any reason to. I'm sure a lot of people use the same avatars over time, and I'd say many have used the same images as me. I'm sorry if I gave that impression, because it wasn't how I meant it. I just visually associated it with her, but with sites like this one, there are far better ways to recognise people.

mayovagn

Name: Simon Monty Stephen Travlaglia
Played by: mayovagn
Eyes: Dark Blue
Hair: Short back and sides, dark brown
Height: 6'3"

Likes/Turn ons: Straightforward honesty. Insightful sharp minds. A willingness to learn and grow and explore. Obedience. A good sense of fun and humour.

Dislikes/Turn offs: Offs same as May with the caveat that Simon does not suffer fools gladly and will be very happy to take time out of his day to ridicule them using bathos, pathos, sarcasm, puns and all manner of other barbs.

Role/Archetype: Old money

Personality: Educated, self assured, confident, up front, Simon can be your closest staunchest friend or the meanest fiend around, depending on how much likes you, his current mood and the phases of the moon. He is shrewd, careful and meticulous, logical and cunning. He usually has a plan of action, yet is not inflexible. He can be the consummate gentleman one moment and the most base cur the next. A man of infinite jest and wisdom and the most ignorant savage as according to his whim.

Background/History: Third son of a third son Simon was never meant to inherit title and manse. He knew this from a young age. His family, however vast, was so very well funded as to be proud to supply all of its branches, no matter how remote, with more than they could ever need. Simon himself grew up somewhat wild as a ward of the Duke of Norfolk, who also held the title of the Earl of Arundel. The estate at Arundel was large and allowed Simon to run free with his various friends, cousins and other extended family roughly his age. Despite his lack of real authority growing up Simon always was a capable student, learning well from his masters both at home and in school. He went on to oxford where he attained a double first in several subjects.

There followed a brief stint as an explorer, seeing the jungles of South and Central America before returning to England having caught some kind of strange wasting disease which he took just over a year to recover from. During this recuperation he discovered books and has since picked up a real passion for both the reading and writing of the English language.

Another of his passions, one that has landed him in trouble time and again over the years since he was caught in the greenhouses on top of his cousin Sissy, is of course sex. He has been a patron of the Castello for around six months now and greatly looks forward to months he can spend there simply exploring his interests and learning more of his own limits.

Additional Character Info: Simon has recently been in morning for a great aunt, which had been known on occasion to put him in a dark and foul mood. He has recently arrived back from a trip to Toronto where he made several long term investments.

mayovagn

Not many folks use the same avatars as me. Of course a lot of mine are obscure, silly, strange, twisted or just flat out bizarre.

AmberStarfire

I feel like trying my hand at creating a guy now too.

I'm considering ideas but keep returning to thoughts of some elvish ranger and sidhe types I've played. Long blonde hair, nice physique.. I could sit here staring at my own characters all day sometimes. Now just need a backstory!!

mayovagn

But if you create a new guy, then I have to create a new girl to seduce him, then you have to create a new...

AmberStarfire

Not if I make him gay. That might break the infinite loop.

mayovagn

AmberStarfire

Of course, part of the point of creating a male character is because there are a lot of female characters and not male ones, so it might hinder more than help.

mayovagn

It would, however, be quite funny. *Smiles* Yeah, it would make sense to have one or two more bi or straight guys around. Make him cute though. Or else. *Laughs*

SpiralSpider

Maybe I'll make a male for the game, too... While I wait to see if my girl is approved. ^.^'

mayovagn

AmberStarfire

That would be cool. :)

I'm surprised more haven't joined, actually. Most of the history buffs I've known have been men and hey.. there are courtesans!

lol

Jezebell

Amber: Don't fret, I know that's not how you meant it c: I get what you mean and I'm happy that I now know that tidbit of interesting information!

AmberStarfire

Thanks Jez. Sometimes I lack a filtering process from brain to keyboard. If it pops into my head, it gets said (especially when I'm tired).

It's good that you know, though. She was a very popular lady, from what I understand, and I think she was the one who invited my husband to the site.

Jezebell

I can be the same way sometimes Amber, no worries. We all have those moments hahaha

It seems that I have some big shoes to fill, in that case! Hope I can do it x)

SpiralSpider

Here's my boy:

Name: Kamden Maccrum
Played by: Spiral Spider
Eyes: light green
Hair: red
Height: 5'10
Sexuality: bisexual

Likes/Turn ons: novelty, passion, sensory deprivation, physical flaws, intelligence, beautiful eyes, going against the grain of society
Dislikes/Turn offs: bigotry, blowhards, dishonesty, scat, clingy people, boredom, ageplay, children (both in age and those mentally immature), incest (his own family and even people who remind him of them)

Role/Archetype: The Jaded Student cum Starving Artist

Personality: Kam is a bit on the chaotic side. He goes where the wind takes him, and often that is to The Castello as he is fond of the variety that can be found in the crowds there. He is at once intense and focused and flighty and distracted. It all makes sense when you come to understand that things work differently in his mind - he's almost always working out a new story. One item of interest often leads to another from some tiny, scarcely related commonality. As a point of research for his writing, he occasionally throws himself into his characters in order to try to see things from their eyes. Experiencing new things is important to him because he desires to understand.

Background/History: Nearly everything about Kam advertises his Scottish heritage. He was born to a religious farming family outside Melrose. They were strict in their expectations for their six children and Kamden was lead to believe that the trick to success was working hard in life. God was the great provider and father and one simply didn't take one's blessings for granted.

In his youth, he saw school as a gift and diligently studied. This opened a door for him as a wealthy Englishman saw what a good boy he was and sponsored his further education. However, as Kamden traveled out through the world and into the bigger cities, he realized that things were not as he had been lead to believe. God was not the just and kind provider. He seemed cruel or, perhaps, indifferent to the sufferings of man. Kam's philosophy, literature and history classes only served to reinforce his new found cynicism. Eventually, he dropped out of school and took to the bohemian lifestyle. He now lives in a hole in the wall apartment in Dover, making a scant living drawing up posters. His college days sparked a love of writing in him that remains his motivation through everything.