Mahou Hentai (NC, interest check )

Started by DKDBSD, August 26, 2010, 07:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

endlesspie

DKDBSD

endlesspie

Oookay, i'll consider what magic, personality and looks to have for now then...

DKDBSD

Well generally speaking the transformed characters would need to be recognised as witches and too do that they need to learn to degree all the schools of Witchcraft.

endlesspie

Ah.. right.. so... magic will be all of them. Then its just personality and looks to pick :P

Miles Trent

I have an idea for a reject of a half breed demon. His birth a little self explanatory. A somewhat carefree wanderer, a travelling illusionist of a man, whom no one but the magical folk know of his demonic background and connections. He has the power of illusion, and is a skilled unarmed combatant with the ability to strengthen his muscle mass to that of steel, inherited from his 'father'. Fyi, he cant make himself indestructable. He just 'hardens'. No pun intended. I'll bring up more information as we go along if this roleplay catches on.

A little cliche in anime terms but I need a break from too much of the out of the ordinary styles. I'll try my best to play him as differently as I can to fit the story. Sound ok, or is this something you wish to avoid?
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

pendarious

ok so what about characters like i said? a young witch who's just really beginning to learn to controll her magic? what does that count as? witch in training or what?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

DKDBSD

Quote from: pendarious on August 27, 2010, 05:39:20 PM
ok so what about characters like i said? a young witch who's just really beginning to learn to controll her magic? what does that count as? witch in training or what?

Precisely now at this point I really want to forge the world before we work on characters. Anyone got any ideas for additional branches of magic?

Miles Trent

We can use the D&D magic branches, or at least some of them.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

XD You'd need to explain what they are.

endlesspie

I thought of four...

Manipulation - Stuff like telekinesis
Enchantment - Fairly obvious, kind of feels needed to me to have the magic steam punk devices
Summoning - Both of creatures andd also as teleportation
Illusions - Making even crazier stuff happen!

Oh yeah, and Healing - Making people feel goood...

Miles Trent

Well, 4th Ed. pretty much abolished the spell schools, so I'll list what I know of the 3.5 Ed.

Abjuration - Spells that protect, block, banish.
Conjuration - Spells that bring creatures or materials to the caster. Basically summoning.
Divination - Spells that reveal information.
Enchantment - Imbuing items with magic properties.
Evocation - Your run of the mill spells that burn, electrocute, explode, etc.
Necromancy - People know what this is.
Transmutation - Transforming things.
Illusion - Spells that alter perception or create false images. My personal fav.

These are only Arcane spells. Theres another set of Divine spells, and those call of spiritual power rather than magic.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

pendarious

So you’ve specified how elemental breaks down so here is my idea for some of the other stuff:

Divination:
Scrying
Fortune telling
Emotion reading

Familiars:
Demonology (forbidden)
Fae (either forbidden or have a strict licensing on it)
Animal

Apothacarion isn’t really magic more like an art or craft
But this can be broken into
Poison- all negative aspects of the apothecary
Elixer- healing salves and the likes
Powder- can be split into either of the other two groups

Transformation:
Daemon (forbidden)
Fae (licensed or forbidden)
Animal
Elemental
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

DKDBSD

Well I already said Enchantment Manipulation would be linked to the elemental. Summoning I think that could replace familiar as it sounds much better. Illusions I think has been said already but yeah that'd be good.

Quote from: Miles Trent on August 27, 2010, 05:53:52 PM
Abjuration - Spells that protect, block, banish.
Conjuration - Spells that bring creatures or materials to the caster. Basically summoning.
Divination - Spells that reveal information.
Enchantment - Imbuing items with magic properties.
Evocation - Your run of the mill spells that burn, electrocute, explode, etc.
Necromancy - People know what this is.
Transmutation - Transforming things.
Illusion - Spells that alter perception or create false images. My personal fav.

Ah erm what's the word for healing? I figure Necromancy could be a sub category.

Elemental (This is the idea of drawing, creating and controlling the natural energies these are Level 1 Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Level 2 (you need two of a previous form to create these) Ice, Lightning, light, Darkness, wood etc Level 3 (the absolute ultimate level) Spirit*, Dimension, Time etc)
Apothecary (The art of potion making.)
Transformation (More details later)
Divination
Familiar (This involves creating or enchanting an animal or creature at the basic level this would involve getting close to the animal making it possible for it to communicate (mentally or vocally) at the higher levels this would involve transforming it to fit your needs.

(new stuff)
Illusion
Enchantment
Restoration
Abjuration

I know Apothecary isn't technically magic in the common sense but it is a practised art.

pendarious

so why's illusion on the new list twice?

DKDBSD

Oops >.> typo.

Right well we almost have a complete list what would people like in this world exactly?

pendarious

i could go anywhere with this stuff *shrugs*

Miles Trent

In D&D, healing goes under Divine magic. Yeah. They separated the two because in their universe, they draw energies from two different sources.

However, in the Elder Scrolls computer game series, they call all healing  and rejuvenating magics Restoration. We could use that.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

endlesspie

Healing could be Restorative magic... or Medical magic! :D

DKDBSD

Quote from: Miles Trent on August 27, 2010, 06:07:14 PM
In D&D, healing goes under Divine magic. Yeah. They separated the two because in their universe, they draw energies from two different sources.

However, in the Elder Scrolls computer game series, they call all healing  and rejuvenating magics Restoration. We could use that.

Ah thank you.

I think I'll go with Restoration. XD

endlesspie

Awwwh.. not Medical magic? It sounds so fun!

pendarious

Miles Trent

"Please be patient. I require absolute concentration to heal your friend with my Medical magic." The doctor taps his syringe.  :D

He made a miraculous recovery, and he didnt even need a jab.

*ahem*

The world will require function, the main ingredient to make it seem coherent. Farms, villages, towns, cities, skyways for airships, some form of economy.... or we could skip all that and concentrate mainly on a small area. Depends how big a size we want this world to be.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

endlesspie

One thing though... if 'Witches' are those who have trained in every field of magic to a satisfactory degree. Are there going to be other people who train only in specific areas so they can make a living out of them... medical magic being the easiest for me to conceptualize this with since you'd want a large number of healers to keep the population healthy.