High School Of The Dead

Started by seekeroftruth22, September 27, 2012, 03:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seekeroftruth22

Damon had rushed to the roof once he saw the destrution. the astrology team had suplies up there and it was better then staying down here with the dead kids eating each other. when he got there he started setting up a barricade, if others where coming they had to move fast. he was lucky he had his wodden practice sword, it could cave in there heads if he used enough strength
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Baalborn87

Kaito was running, nearly coming to the end of his stamina. His bat was already slick with blood from the last "creature" to attack him...."What are they?" he thought to himself. "Daemons? Possessed? Certainly not students any more."
He rounded a corner and slid to a stop. More of them were ahead, far to many to fight his way through. He looked back, where more of them who were following were making their way towards him. Pitiful moans escaping there mouths. Then he noticed it. The stairwell. If he could get to the roof, he could properly asses his situation and figure out a plan.
"No time like the present" he thought to himself ruefully as he started up the stairs.

PuckThePlayful

Kaneda realized quickly that even with a weapon, he would not last long on his own in the hallways of the school. High ground, he thought to himself, I need to find high ground. Need a place to observe, and plan. Then it hit him... The Roof! Making his way quickly through the halls, he began hunting the stairwell. Hiding where and when possible, fighting when not, he pushes his way deeper into the school.

Treding slowly, darting in and out of classrooms, and closets, he arrives at the stairwell leading to the roof, only to find it occupied. Three of them, he thinks to himself. I'll never be able to fight my way through. A quick glance in a nearby classroom shows just what he needs. Taking a handful of chalk pieces, he peaks back around the corner at the stairs, and the hall beyond, lining up his shot. If I can only get them moving away from the stairs, I can make a run for it. Throwing the bits of chalk, and hoping, Kaneda waits and watches as the creatures, drawn by the sounds, began shuffling away down the hall. As soon as the last of the creatures are clear of the stairwell, he makes a run for it. Avoiding the grasping hands of his once fellow students, Kaneda manages to push the heavy door of the roof open, and move out into the sunlight. If only that were the end of it...
"If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear."

—The opening of Puck's epilogue.

seekeroftruth22

Damon had the baricade half done when Kaito showed up, seeing another person not trying to eat him gave him hope that they might survive this. he pulled part of the baricade away so he could get in. "damn man your lucky, a few more minutes and this would be locked up, im glad you made it Kaito." he saw it was another memeber of the track team, they had hung out and talked a few time but never really became friends although they where two of the fastest guys on the team.

with Kaito's help he started puting the baricade back up when they saw three of the zombies walking around down there, they had to stop or else the zombies would attack them. willing them to go away Damon saw a piece of chalk go flying anf the stupid zombies went after it. once they where clear of the stairs another guy showed up and Damon helped him through "well looks like another person who has the ability to survive, im Damon nice to meet you."

Baalborn87

Kaito reached the top of the stairs and his heart started to sink, someone was blocking it up.
Then he saw a face appear from behind. He recognised him but couldn't place the name. As he reached the top of the stairs the face smiled at him "damn man your lucky, a few more minutes and this would be locked up, im glad you made it Kaito.". Well he certainly felt lucky, now he was closer he recognised him from the track team.

Kaito started to help set up the barricade when his attention was drawn to some of the creatures walking at the bottom of the stairwell.....and chalk rolling along the floor. He looked over at the other, who smiled and said "well looks like another person who has the ability to survive, im Damon nice to meet you"
Damon! that was his name. Kaito nodded to himself "more people would increase the odds of survival" he said in a dry tone.
He looked back over to Damon a small smile on his face "And I thought the highlight of my day was going to be Gym".

Sublime

Whack, whack, WHACK! The nauseating sound reminiscent of a blunt apparatus colliding with a melon accompanied by the labored breath of a female in distress resonated throughout the halls. She rounded the next corner, dressed in crimson and clutching a bloodied baseball bat in her right hand; the stairs were a few more feet a head. The baseball player could hear the sweet murmur of chatter up ahead; other survivors. Her emerald eyes narrowed in determination; just like running into home plate. She allowed her slender stems to slide out in front of her and she sliced through the zombies gathering at the stairs; knocking them down and settling well out of their reach. The girl growled defiantly as she hopped to her feet and proceeded to bludgeon the mindless brain munchers to a bloody pulp; aiming her weapon directly for their undead heads.

“Hey wait!! Wait for me, PLEASE!” her hungry bat smashed into another zombie skull, but more were bringing up the rear, drawn to the ruckus the ball player was creating. She bounded up the stairs and grabbed for the nearly finished barricade shakily; careful not to disturb its integrity. Blood clotted chestnut waves stuck her face and she gazed at the three male students pleadingly with tears glistening in her eyes.

“Please... Don’t leave me...”

PuckThePlayful

Kaneda, quiet on arrival, immediately began to help with the barricade. He nods silently at the greetings of the other two students, red congealed droplets falling from his hair as he does so. Even as they push the last pieces of the barricade in place, he hears the voice from the other side... "Please... Don't leave me..." Realizing it's another survivor, he begins recklessly pulling pieces of the barricade's bottom away to provide a hole for her to crawl through.

Reaching through the crawlspace towards the female student stuck on the stairwell, "Give me your hand!" are the first words he has spoken since leaving the chess clubs room. Grasping her wrist to offset the slickness of her blood wet skin, he begins to pull her through, as the undead mass on the stairwell due to increased noise.

Baalborn87

Kaito grabbed hold of her wrist helping Kaneda pull the girl through.
They fell into a heap behind him, but he didn't have chance to help them up. The creatures were already reaching through the barricade.  With a sound like dry twigs snapping he brought the bat down across the limb obviously shattering the bone. Anyone else would have been rendered immobile by the injury but the creature merely redoubled its effort.
"Time for a change of strategy" he thought to himself, as he backed away from the barricade.

The creature started to struggle through, greatly hindered by the barricade. Kaito waited a few seconds more, then mustering all his strength brought his bat down on the creatures head. Again and again until with a wet crack the creatures head spilt open. It twitched slightly before laying still.
He then pulled the body through before blocking up the hole and sliding to the ground panting. "if you two are finished with your nap how 'bout helping patch this up" he said looking with a wry smile at the newcomer and Kaneda entangled on the floor.

Sublime

Verdant eyes spied the bottom half of the barrier being disassembled and a beam of respite danced across her features. The sound of mindless groaning was converging on her position and her anxiety level was increasing. Her heart felt as if it would leap out of her chest and a fresh spring of lipid tears trickled down her cheeks. Since the chaos began she had managed to keep her cool, but with the possibility of safety within reach she could feel her composure beginning to rip at the seams. As soon as the hole had grown large enough to squeeze her slender form through, the baseball player scrambled across the slick ground in an army crawl.  When she came through the other end a pair of hands lurched out to greet her, grabbing her by her outstretched arms and yanking her through to the other end.

The young brunette squeaked as she tumbled on top of another student and her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. For a moment she couldn’t move and only stared down at Kaneda with frightened doe eyes. She recognized him from cooking class, but somehow... he was different now. In a blink she compressed his cheek with hers and wrapped her arms around his neck, “thank you… Kaneda.”

She rolled off of the chess player and turned around just in time to be drenched in the hot red shower of zombie's blood. The female student blinked, batting away the urge to scream, and she pushed herself to her feet. Then she turned her attention to the other male student rebuilding the barricade, walked over to him and began helping him to the best of her abilities “thanks, you guys saved my life.”

PuckThePlayful

Yes, we've got her!, Kaneda thinks as he begins pulling his fellow student through... Just as quickly it turns to... no! too much force, as Kaito takes her other arm. The two of them go toppling down, Kaito letting go just in time.

It takes a moment for Kaneda to realize that he is lying on his back, with the young woman on top of him... Is that... Nozomi Yoshi! His eyes widen, and his face and arms flush near to the color of the blood covering parts of them. To dumbfounded to speak, he sits, near dazed. Then so suddenly, she embraces him. He can only wrap his arms around her almost awkwardly, and flush even deeper as she whispers her thanks into his ear. "Um... um... right, your welcome..." each word half whispered and stumbling over the last.

As soon as she is off of him, Kaneda breaths again, and rushes to aid with the barricade, grabbing anything nearby to help stop the encroaching horde. As more pallets and debris is shifted in front of the entry way, he stops, as though something just hit him... After the briefest pause, he turns bringing his makeshift club to bear. "Fire escapes!!! are his only words as he goes leaping across the school roof toward the Western edge, and the top of one of two ladders leading to the roof.

seekeroftruth22

Damon was surprised to hear some one else coming, once he heard he started ripping the barricade apart to make room for her to get through with Kaneda and Kaito. with there help they got the girl in quickly but their barricade was being over run. with out a word he started using his sword as a spear and started pushing them back a bit while he started piling things on the barrier.

then Kaneda yelled about the fire escape which was a great idea! he pulled the girl and Kaito away from the barricabe just as it toppled backwards almost crushing them "come one to the fire escape once your down dont make any noise!" pushing them twards the escape hw raised his sword and started bashing the zombies in the head, covering the others retreat even if it cost him his life he was going to make sure the others got out alive.

Baalborn87

"To the fire escape" Kaneda yelled. Kaito nodded and grabbed the girl and headed towards the edge of the roof alongside Kaneda. He had a momentary bout of vertigo as he looked down to the courtyard below. Luckily it looked as though only a few of the creatures had made it into the yard, then he saw it. "The minibus!" he almost yelled. Turning round to face the other two. "If we can make it to that we..can......." His voice trailed off as he looked over the roof.

Damon was sprinting full pelt across the roof towards them, followed by a tide of  creatures. "Down, we need to go down...NOW!" he cried as he set off down the fire escape.

ladyofdarkness

kahlan amell thought to her self i need my kendo sword its on my bike she started to turn her head to see how many of them were chasing her oh shot to many to count just run run run faster.while running for her life she sees the fire escape kendo sword can wait i need to be a live to get my kendo sword she starts to Climb the fire escape when one the creature grabs her foot she starts to kick her foot when she hears yelling and someone starts down the escape. she starts yelling STOP!! don't come down there so know where to go. she was so glad she was wearing her combat boots or her foot would be gone. as she had that thought she starts to be pulled from the fire escape while she is yelling for them to run I'll hold them off RUN!! and as she says that she is pulls has hard has she can to the fire escape and starts kicking has hard as she can.

seekeroftruth22

OOC: LAdy of darknes, can you retype that so it makes sence please?

ladyofdarkness

Quote from: ladyofdarkness on October 02, 2012, 02:06:42 PM
kahlan amell thought to her self i need my kendo sword its on my bike she started to turn her head to see how many of them were chasing her oh shot to many to count just run run run faster.while running for her life she sees the fire escape kendo sword can wait i need to be a live to get my kendo sword she starts to Climb the fire escape when one the creature grabs her foot she starts to kick her foot when she hears yelling and someone starts down the escape. she starts yelling STOP!! don't come down there so know where to go. she was so glad she was wearing her combat boots or her foot would be gone. as she had that thought she starts to be pulled from the fire escape while she is yelling for them to run I'll hold them off RUN!! and as she says that she is pulls has hard has she can to the fire escape and starts kicking has hard as she can

sorry about that I typed that while half asleep XD

Kahlen needed to get her wooden kendo sword but she had left it on her bike, making a dash around a few. Undead students she ran out the front door of the school where her bike was and she took hold of the handle and wiped it behind her just in time to break the neck of the zombie closest to her. But seeing the 13 zombies still behind her she turned and ran to the side of the school easily ditching the slow crecters that were following her. She paused under the fire escape the hearing a noise above her Kahlen looked up and saw 4 people quickly running down the fire escape "hey there come on quick before more of them show up!" scanning the area she saw a few zombies heading there way and she raised her sword as she prepared herself the way that kendo had taught her.

Sublime

The series of events that unfolded next whirled by so quickly it left the green eyed student in a daze. She couldn’t hear the sounds of the groaning undead or the shouts of her fellow students; her head had retired to the clouds for the time being. Then the barricade tumbled down and nearly smashed her just as the last puzzle piece had fallen into place. Luckily, Damon yanked Kaito and Nomi out of the line of fire in the nick of time and saved them from being flattened. The ball player was beginning to feel defeated… It seemed like she was at the mercy of a mischievous child playing with a magnifying glass, every time the female student thought
relief was within reach it went up in flames.

“Fire escape...” her ears perked at the sound of Kaneda’s voice and she turned round to find him scrambling to the roofs edge. Kaito took the hint, gripping Nozomi by the hand and sprinting in the direction Kenada had retreated. When they approached the roof, a chaotic orchestra of destruction and the terrible plumes of smoke greeted them cheerfully; holding a promise of death on the horizon. Nomi’s grip on Kaito’s hand tightened and her eyes grew wide, “oh god…”

She heard Damon behind them, demanding that they descend the emergency exit, the two students turned to face him and Nomi immediately regretted doing so. Damon was bounding toward them frantically, a growing horde of hungry zombies in his wake. Nozomi drew in a breath and held back the urge to run away screaming. Once he had reached them he instantly started down the fire escape and Nozomi followed after him with her pressed into her armpit, willing her limbs to move as quickly as possible down the rungs.

PuckThePlayful

Kaneda stops short of the edge, almost skidding over the side. His tensions high, he peers down the ladder, club raised high to strike,  and is glad to find there are no undead on the fire escape. He then notices that there is a live student down below, and she's alone; but she appears to be armed. He quickly swings over the side, the club in his right hand beckoning the others to join him. He starts an immediate decent, as the group runs across the roof top, heading for the first platform and stairs below.

He is nearly halfway down the building when it happens... He is running down one of the stairwells, when seven or eight greyed arms, hands covered in fresh blood reach through the open window, catching him by surprise. The slickness of their hands, and his own soaked uniform allow him to get away from all but one, which grasps him full around the ankle... Coach Sugita! Going on impulse, Kaneda wraps his left arm around the railing behind him, and begins kicking at the former coach's arm, hoping to break the vice like grip before it is too late.

Kaneda is able to keep his position on the stairs, away from the shorter arms of his fellow students and he continues frantically kicking. The creature holding him however, begins pulling itself out of the window. A panicked look on his face, Kaneda remembers the club held firmly in his right hand, and brings it down with a loud thwack on the beast's head. While the blow is not enough to kill it, if that's the right word, it does loosen it's grip enough for Kaneda to break free and right himself on the stair.

Knowing that his allies above cannot make it down with these creatures reaching over the stairs, he brings the full power of his club down on the coach's head, splattering himself with further red. He then begins to swing hard at heads and hands alike. Sickening cracks resound in the courtyard as he breaks bone after bone, with little but head shots having any affect on the creatures. With several well placed swings, he is able to immobilize enough of the creatures to block the window, at least for a short time. This should hopefully allow the others to get by, he thinks to himself for a brief moment before shouting WATCH THE WINDOWS! up at the three students now descending the fire escape.

He then turns and takes the remaining stairwells 3 steps at a time to get down to the lone girl below. Careful to watch ahead for anymore open windows, he is relieved those remaining along his path are shut. All of the windows were splattered red. Some were crowded with undead faces, teeth gnashing, and hands slamming against the glass. Kaneda prayed they wouldn't break through as the others descended pass them.

Jumping the lower half of the last stairwell, and taking the ladder at a slide and leap, he finds himself standing nose to nose with the gymnastics team's top performer, her kendo stick pressed tightly between their abdomens from the momentum. He flushes a sudden crimson, and takes a quick, but slightly awkward step back. As he moves back, he throws his hands out to his sides, almost loosing his club in the process. "Uh... Excuse me... uh... Kahlan isn't it?"...

Baalborn87

kaito barrelled down the stairs trying to keep as far away from the windows, finally reaching the lower levels almost slipping on what remained of Coach Sugita.
"Nearly at the bottom" he thought to himself.
Reaching the last level before the ladder he passed the window where the creatures were batting at the window. He looked over, he didn't mean to but he did. He looked through the window, straight into her eyes. "Kiomi?" he said sliding to a stop.

"Oh Kiomi, no. I thought you were leaving for your holiday today"
They had only gone out a few times him and her, they hadn't even told their friends at school, but they both agreed that they would be together till the end of the world. 5 days ago when she told him about her holiday was the first time they had actually kissed.
Now she was something else. Her eyes, which had glistened like a clear pond in the sunlight and so full of life were now dull and empty. Her lips, which he had known only briefly were now drawn back in a rictus. Her hands which had caressed his cheek so gently, were now scratching at the window as if she couldn't comprehend what was there.
Kaito reached forward and placed his hand opposite hers on the window.
"Oh Kiomi, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" he said softly as he turned from the window. A single tear rolling down his cheek, forming a path through the congealed blood already on there.
He descended the ladder and he was in the yard, bat in hand.
"The more of these damned creatures I can kill the batter" he thought to himself. Knuckles turning white with the grip on his bat, he set off towards the bus.

seekeroftruth22

Damon couldnt hold back the horde so he ran fro the fire escape, he stuck his wooden sword down the back of his shirt and saw Nozomi  was having a little trouble so he picked her up and held her close to him as he quickly desended the lader with one hand, his other holding her tight to his side "if you dont aprove of this then you can hit me later for now just hold on to me tight."

he was fast even with one hand, soon they reached the stairs part of the fire escape andhe set her down and took her hand "come on those things wont be stopped." then he gently pulled her along as they quickly desended the stairs. after passing the window that Kaneda had killed the coach in, he carefully walked past but a zombie rushed out at them only to have his neck broken as Damon kicked it in the face. 

soon they reached the bottom and Damon ushered Nozomi down before he followed.

ladyofdarkness

kahlen was watching for undead students, then she herd someone finally starting coming down, relief fall over her, until undead hands came out of the window she was about to go up and help when she looked back and sees two undead students, she whips around just in time to strike one of them in the neck as it slumps to the ground. she hits the next one right on the forehead, cracking the skull open witch makes blood spray everywhere, kahlen heard someone land behind her and turned just in time to meet the guy chest to chest, there lips inch's apart. they both blushed a deep red and took a step or two back. then he asked if her name was kahlen and then she said in a shy tone "um..yes it is and who are you"?

kahlan saw another person come down the fire escape and head straight to the bus. kahlen walked forward and grabbed hes arm"hey we should wait for everyone else"

Sublime

Nozomi squeaked like a rubber ducky as she was spontaneously plucked from the ground and her body was pressed into Damon’s side.The expanse of her form blushed crimson, unaccustomed to physical contact with other people, and the tiny school girl wrapped her arms firmly around his shoulders as instructed. Nomi kept her emerald orbs trained on her bloodied running shoes whilst they descended; mortified. Honestly, she felt like a helpless child being totted by her father, far too clumsy to handle a latter on her own. However, she relaxed in his arms, knowing if she had taken on the challenge herself she would have most likely concluded her journey by smashing her skull on the pavement. Although, she thought to herself, it wouldn’t have been nearly as awkward, “I would never hit you… unless you turned into a Zombie, then I’d have to kill you.”

She giggled lightly and glanced up at him with a sweet smile; it was surprising how even in serious situations like these she could find a reason to laugh. They reached the stairs and he placed her on the ground, Nomi was glad to have space between their bodies again. He grabbed her hand, her mind wandered for a bit on the roughness of his skin, and they started down the stairwell together. She struggled to return the cold tactical thoughts to her head, but she felt so safe with this group of people. She thought, perhaps she would survive after all.

A zombie lunged for the two of them and Damon quickly deflected with a boot to the face; effectively snapping its neck. After that he lingered behind her, guarding her back as they entered the ground level and the other students came into view. The chestnut haired cutie breathed a sigh of relief seeing everyone seemed to be in one piece and noticed their numbers had increased. She instantly recognized the new girl from Gymnastics and bowed her head in greeting, “Hi Kahlan. Glad to see you,” she wanted to say, glad to see you’re alive, but thought better of it.

Her eyes scanned the people before her and Nozomi realized there was one missing, “Where’s Kaito?”

PuckThePlayful

My name... she asked my name... Kaneda stood stunned for a moment, and in his hesitation, Kaito made it to the ground. Looking back before speaking, Kaneda saw Kaito running for the bus, and nearly turned to join him before he felt someone take his arm. Warmth hit his cheeks when he realized it was Kahlan. "I'm Kaneda. Kaneda Asagiri." Despite the warmth in his cheeks, the words felt hollow as he spoke them. "Yeah..." he  turns his head towards the fire escape, "They're almost down."

As Nozomi and Damon make their way down the lower ladder, Kaneda looks over towards the bus, to find Kaito bringing his bat to bear against a couple of the creatures that had wondered in from the open gate. A dark and almost dazed look covers his face as he considers all around him. He hears Nozomi's question, “Where’s Kaito?” and even responds, "Securing the bus," nodding in that direction, but he doesn't feel there...

The noise of rushed steps, and shuffling from behind, snaps Kaneda out of his haze. "We need to join him, that's our ticket out of here!" Grabbing Kahlan by the hand, he takes off running towards the bus, hoping to outrun the gathering mass behind them. "HURRY!" He shouts back over his shoulder to his his companions.

Baalborn87

"hey we should wait for everyone else" she said as she grabbed him by the arm.
He span round anger in his face. But as he looked into her eyes, seeing the concern in them his face softened and his shoulders slumped a little. "Fine" he sighs. "but when we go, I take the lead".

"Looks like we're all down". he says as he sets off towards the bus.
Lucky enough there were few zombies in the yard. Two approached him and he set himself up in a batters stance. as the first zombie drew near he swung with all his might connecting the end across the zombies face. The creature dropped to the floor like a puppet with its strings cut. He then approached the second creature and sidestepped its clumsy lunge for him, swinging his bat low he caught the creature across the back of the knees dropping it onto its back. He brought the bat down in its face. Again, and again and again and again all his pain and despair fuelling his blows.

seekeroftruth22

once Damon was on the ground he saw Kaito angerly smashing the infected students heads in, on his was down he had seen the guys girlfriend through a window. the only reason he knew they where dating is becasue he had seen her cheering for him while running for the track team. "everyone on the bus now! Damon said forcefully but still in a normal volume, no use calling more of the things if he didnt have to.

looking down Damon saw he was still holding Nozomi hand, feeling her skin on his seemed to allow him to kep his head when they all should be running around screaming in fear. he gave her hand a reasuring squeeze and said "Kaneda and Kahlen, you two watch each others backs me and Nozomi will watch each others . . . stay out of Kaito's way, he saw his girlfriend had been turned into one of those things." he pulled his wooden sword out and prepared for battle, the zombies where closing in from behind them and to there right. there left was blocked by the school biulding and infront of them was there only chance at living, the mini bus. sword in his right hand and Noz's hand in his left Damon started moving twards the bus quickly but not running, he dint want to leave the other behind or accidentaly hurt Noz by draggin her behind him as he ran. once thye where about 5 feet behind Kaito Damon turned arounf to face the zombies, Kaito would clear the path and the rest of them would make sure he stayed alive while doing it.

ladyofdarkness

As Kaito spun round with anger in his face, she took half a step back and let go of his arm as she looked upon him with fear, then the anger that was there had faded away, as he slumped his shoulders he told her, he wanted the lead and she was willing to let him. Kahlen said in a soft gentel voice "alright just don't die we need you and your powerful swing" as soon as everyone was down the fire escape kaito was already on his way to the few undead students when he got there he just when off the handle. Kahlen was a bit frightened but she could tell something was defiantly bothering him.

Kahlen had turned to see who had called her name, it was nozmi and Damon."its great to see two friendly faces" as Kahlen nods in greeting.

suddenly kaneda grabs her hand and takes off running.kahlen turned her head to  see if her friends were coming just to see them and a horde of undead students behind them. as kaneda said hurry to his companions she could hear the worry in his voice, as they headed for the bus, when Damon told her and kaneda to watch each others back all she could do was nod, while pulling her kendo sword. she turned like Damon did to fight for her life and the person next to her as well as everyone else. she squeezed kaneda's hand to make sure he was still with her as she pulled her sword up in a battle like stance.