What are you watching right now?

Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

SapphireStar

Assassini

Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and Sword Art Online (the first series) in the last month or so. Really enjoyed both.

I have to say though, that while Gurren Lagann was overall excellent (and I think my favourite anime, although considering I've seen like 5 that doesn't say too much) I thought it's ending/epilogue was rubbish. Meanwhile SWO was awesome as well but just became far too soppy/sappy at the half-way stage. I really could not abide Yui (the AI who the main characters treat as their child), I hated the way there was so much focus on the love story instead of the super cool fighting and explosions and shit, PLUS I was definitely not a fan of the slightly incestuous side-arc. Overall I'd give them a 9/10 and a 7/10 respectively.

SapphireStar

Assassini

Starting up Book 3 of The Legend of Korra. I'm actually quite hopeful about the whole thing, the last couple of seasons never really lived up to the expectations of them, but I still quite enjoyed them. Hopefully now we can stop hoping that it will be as good as The Last Airbender and will therefore have more realistic expectations of what they can achieve.

Edit: 4 Episodes in and I'm enjoying it thus far. Minus the fact that I just watched Zuko get utterly owned... After 3 seasons of watching him become a awesome, badass firebender it's pretty disheartening to watch him get taken apart so easily...

SapphireStar

Wispyr

Fate / Zero. About half way through it now.

Amazee

Right now I'm watching Ben 10. From the days when Cartoon Network was good. My childhood. ._.

SapphireStar

The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer with Cary Grant

Amazee

SapphireStar

Singin' in the Rain (doing a classic movie marathon)

Amazee

LuvNLust

Others playing in the Games room  :-)
It's the darker side of lust, It's the other side of us, It's the thing in you that feeds, The animal in me -Motley Crue

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213286.0

Assassini

Currently downloading Dead Poet's Society. I've heard it's an absolute classic and it seems fairly apt to watch it now what with the recent passing of Robin Williams.

Assassini

Wispyr

Re-watching Case Closed... Because a certain someone here on E decided to bring it up and now I can't resist.

Beguile's Mistress

just finished watching "Royal Paintbox" on PBS about members of the British royal family who are also artists.

Elysian Radiance

Considering finding Casanova (with David Tennant) and watching that. Damn you, Netflix, for taking it off streaming!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

SapphireStar

How to Steal a Million with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole

Torterrable

American Horror Story: Coven

I absolutely cannot wait for Freak Show.

HeyThereLittleBear

Chill me, thrill me
Fill me with fantastic terrors never felt before
Nameless here, forevermore.

Ons / Offs

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Assassini

Watched so much stuff in the last few days...

Finished off Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, which was awesome.
Watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was cool but not awesome.
And to top it all off I watched Changeling, which was actually pretty fucking good as well.

SapphireStar

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3