As the Smoke Clears, (test for interest)

Started by Stevej101, July 19, 2007, 10:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevej101

Setting; Post WWIII  A small area in Missouri, a old communication bunker that has been sold to a private owner, a nearby town run by a Mayor and his son, he is loony and the son on a power trip, various bandit groups roaming the area.

Electronics do not work, for all practical purposes a simple curcuit will work, (Flashlight, door bell)  anything that had electroinics will not (strobe light, badge/bio entry control)

This is based on a one on one started by Valerian and myself here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=10344.0

I believe that if we get players I will start it in NCNF as there will be at least the occasion for non-con.

For those that have read it the basics are found in The Postman (Valerian has read it, not me) and the story is free form from there.

Read the thread, get to know Paul and Marie, Reply here or PM to me if your interested in picking up a story.  I think this could get fun.
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Seereous

Stevej101

Good deal, still waiting for more responses, but I'll let people here know when we get a few more.

"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

MagicalPen

I guess you could count me in. Sounds kinda like what i was trying to start in my S.M.Sterling thread  :o

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Valerian

Is it?  I saw that thread but never read it, 'cause I've never read any of Stirling's stuff.  As mentioned above, this is mainly David Brin-inspired, and I've always felt there was a terrible lack of more realistic post-apocalypse games, without elves and magic and such...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Seereous

S.M. Stirling's books are much like what you're saying with the exception that guns and fast combustible things (gunpowder, fireworks, etc.) don't work either.  Lighters, Coleman stoves, things like that do because it's just compressed gas.  Oh yeah, cars don't work either.

Essentially, eveyone is thrown back to the Dark Ages with swords and all that fun stuff. 

Servant Girl

I'd like to play...

Is there a space for a character who has very little social standing (essentially a slave, but not necessarily a sex-slave)?

Valerian

Ah, yes, that is pretty similar, if potentially more fantasy-oriented.  This is soon enough after the war that people are still clinging to their technology for the most part, especially guns...

Sure, there's room for slave-types -- Marie ran when they tried to make her a sex slave in the town, for instance, so there would be others under varying degrees and types of slavery still there.  Some are still trying to keep up the old standards, but others wouldn't mind taking in an orphan and making them a slave of some kind.

The bandits would probably have slaves of sorts also, but I'm not sure how much they'll come into play except as NPC threats... depends on what others might like to do.   :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stevej101

There are also a few women I refered to earlier that had no real 'skills' to help in the bunker, they earn thier keep in other ways.  Help clean and cook during the day, keep the stress level down at night.

Still considering the logistics of the game as I have never actually run one like this, I figure we need 4 threads, OOC/Rules, Bunker, town, bandits.  Going to have to ask for assistance from the elder gods on that part I think :)

Ons and Offs

Archangel

If this takes off, I too might like to join up !!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Servant Girl

That's very noncommital of you Archangel!!!  (is noncommital a word even?)

It's going to be great!  Come on join in!

Seereous

I'm there.  Wait, I've said that before. I guess it just makes it doubly true.

Valerian

Well, I think we've got enough people to start, though it probably won't be until Monday at this point, I'm guessing.  If anyone has character ideas, though, feel free to post them here or in a PM to Steve and/or myself.

And yes, noncommittal is a word.   :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stevej101

Ok, you all talked like you wanted it, so here is where to start;

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=10569.0

Input welcome.

Ons and Offs