News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Search broken?

Started by Al Terego, February 17, 2016, 06:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Terego

Trying to use the search results in:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to access the search daemon

AmberStarfire

I'm getting the same result.

Blythe

I can confirm this is happening as well.

Is something Veks will probably have to look at.

Vekseid

I forgot to restart the search daemon after the reboot.

Going to see if I can fix quoted strings too. : /

Vekseid

Alright, it's been sortof-unbroken.

If you get an error just refresh and resend. I updated the Sphinx code but unfortunately SMF's code is not exactly... updated. : /

Al Terego

And... for some reason I am not getting email notifications for this topic.

Formless

It seems search does not work for me. Even when I refresh and re-submit, but it gives me the same error.

Not quite sure if the problem is on my end or not though.

Orange Marmalade

Vekseid

For fuck's sake -_-

Sorry. This may take a bit : /

Vekseid

Gwuh. This is terrible. But at least the errors have stopped?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Vekseid on February 26, 2016, 01:12:23 AM
Gwuh. This is terrible. But at least the errors have stopped?

Seems all good :) Thanks!

Al Terego

Search daemon is misbehaving again.

Vekseid

What happened? It appears to be fine (as fine as it was, anyhow) at the moment.

Al Terego

Advanced search gives the error when I try to limit the search for the past 44 days.

Formless

Quote from: Al Terego on March 17, 2016, 07:56:16 AM
Advanced search gives the error when I try to limit the search for the past 44 days.

It seems the search will be fine as long as the 9999 field is not changed. A day less will give the error.

This is my experience with it as of now.

Vekseid

Yeah the 'upgraded' script is full of problems. : /

Al Terego

Quote from: Vekseid on March 17, 2016, 03:32:22 PM
Yeah the 'upgraded' script is full of problems. : /

As in "bear with me while I figure out how to fix it" or as in "learn to live with it"?

Vekseid

Most of my effort is getting things ready for us to move to Elkarte - where this is already working a lot better. So it will get fixed. It may get fixed a bit earlier if the SMF team fixes it - I'm watching the repo. Right now my goal is to get E out of the last decade >_>

Al Terego

Any ETA on that one?
Will there be changes in the rendering of BBCODE in existing posts?  Things like float, spoilers and so on...

Vekseid

Beta 1 is planned for three weeks from now, and is a fairly reasonable target. There's a lot to get done for release, though, both for Elkarte and in terms of getting the importer to something I would be willing to put E through. Shutting Elliquiy down for days is not an option IMO.

No rendering changes in terms of structure. Some major style alterations, of course, though that's not really going to impact BBCode much. There is more to be discussed about plans after the upgrade, but I would rather show than tell there.

AmberStarfire

The problem with the advanced search string sounds like it's either in the PHP where it sets the variable for the duration or where the variable value's added into the MySQL query. I don't know if it would use a * for 9999, but if so then that may be why it works when (at least some) other variables don't.

That's exciting about the beta. This is beta Elkarte for Elliquiy but before anything Elliquiy is added? Is that going to be at beta.elliquiy.com? Can only some people check it out?

Al Terego

The beta site using an invalid certificate, and with HSTS I cannot force it to load in FF.  So whatever is there, I cannot see it.

Vekseid

Thesunmaid

You are working on things to make a better site for your players Veks I am sure we can all be patient with bugs happening. Since even if things all look correct code gremlins like to sneak in and mess shit up on you. lol But thank you for all your effort.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking