Pokemon: Path of Destiny; Applications Closed

Started by King Serperior, February 18, 2015, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Hello, and welcome, readers!  I'm happy to see that there's some interest here!  Now, before I begin explaining what this game entails, there are some things that you should know:

- This game will take place in the non-canon Tokai Region.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leader, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done (That and I really have next to no experience in playing system games, let alone running one!).
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me.  If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- This will be a rather slow-paced game.  I'll admit that I will be somewhat picky about who I'll accept, but that's because I don't want someone to drop out halfway, which will cause all sorts of problems.  I've seen it happen many, many times in the past and don't want it to happen here.  Feel free to submit Character Sheets in this thread or via PM.  Don't be disheartened if you aren't accepted though.  It's nothing personal.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game.  Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game.  I would like this to be mostly story based.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans.  I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings, so apologies if that is what you're looking for.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake. (Note:  Though it is preferred, it's NOT required)

So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this world.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Character Sheets:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 18-21)
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting;  However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often)
[b]Home Region:[/b]
[b]Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building;  Explained below)
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Just a couple of sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b]  (Just a paragraph or two;  I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that;  However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough.)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread)

Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining.  This game is about following the journeys of four relatively new trainers in a new, strange region.  It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that.  They certainly won't have any badges in this region.  So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.

Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team.  However, there are some restrictions on this.  It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean.  So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:

Most first stage Pokemon are allowed (Charmander, Slugma, Spheal, Beldum, etc);  Most single-stage Pokemon are allowed (Tauros, Lapras, etc);  Now, there are some final-stage Pokemon that are also allowed, specifically the early-game Bug types (Beedrill, Dustox, etc) because no one really wants a worm or cocoon, right?;  Pokemon that evolve from "Baby-Stage" Pokemon (Magmar, Marill, Chansey, etc) are allowed as well since 'Baby Pokemon' are extremely weak;  Finally, Gyarados and Milotic are allowed on the team because no one wants Magikarp/Feebas, right?  Again, let me repeat my earlier statement:  No Legendaries will be under the ownership of PC characters.

However, this is where things get tricky.  First-Stage Pokemon are "Ranked" as 2-Points.  Single-Stage, Fully Evolved early Bug-Types, Evolved 'Baby-Stage' Pokemon, and Gyarados/Milotic are "Ranked" as 4-Points.  As every character has a total of '6 points' to use however they like, I wanted to do something so no one starts off with an overpowered team.  Under this sort of thing, everyone can have between 1 and 3 Pokemon.  If someone wants just a single first-stage Pokemon like a Charmander, that's fine and would only take '2 points' leaving 4 left over with no consequence.  The same goes for if you want to spend four points on a Pidgey and a Houndour.  If someone wants a Butterfree and a Dratini, that's worth all '6 points.'  Also, if someone wants a Joltic, a Rattata, and a Froakie, that's three Pokemon for '6 points.'

It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.

Finally, let me repeat:  This game is going to be long term and slow-paced;  ONLY players who don't mind a slow game should submit a sheet.

Other than that, feel free to submit a sheet!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Kimera

Looks like a fun and interesting game King, I might make a character for this.

King Serperior

Hey, Kim!  Glad to see that you're interested.  Do you have any sort of questions or anything that needs clarification?  What sort of character do you see yourself playing?  I'm waiting to see what sort of interest there is before I decide on what my character's gender will be (I have two separate characters that I can certainly play, one of each gender).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

I've been dying to play a Pokemon type game!

That realistic Aggron is quite something o.O

I might try to play with a female character with this sort of game but it's like 70-30, 60-40 in favor of a male character. But it depends on what type of interest this garners after all. I've already got a team in mind as well!
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

Aiden!  Nice to see your interest.   ;D

*Nods*  The artist does some pretty good realistic art.  I was most impressed with that image over the others.

Feel free to work something out that you're comfortable with.  I'm hoping for a ratio of two males and two females so things stay even.  I can easily play either gender and I think Kim prefers playing female characters, so it'll depend on whoever is interested. 

That said, I am glad to see your excitement.  Can't wait to see what you might come up with, character-wise.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

I was perhaps thinking of a bug trainer, but nothing is set in stone yet ^^

And yeah, i tend to run female chars don't i  ;D

King Serperior

A bug trainer would certainly be welcome (as well as just about any other types of trainers!).  Just think on things for a little bit.  I can't wait to see what sort of character you come up with.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Quote from: King Serperior on February 18, 2015, 02:03:13 PM
A bug trainer would certainly be welcome (as well as just about any other types of trainers!).  Just think on things for a little bit.  I can't wait to see what sort of character you come up with.   :-)

*nods*

I'll cook something up during the weekend ;D

King Serperior

Can't wait to see what you come up with, Kim!

Okay, with Kim most likely going to create a female character, Aiden possibly making either a male or female character, and me having a character for either gender, we're just looking for one more player. 

Anyone who's interested should be fine playing either male or female characters (Though if someone prefer's playing one or the other, that's fine since some of us appear to be pretty adaptable character-wise).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 19, 2015, 11:06:04 AM
>.> Pokemon!
Heya, La Dame!

If you're interested, please feel free to work out a CS and/or ask any questions that you may have!   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

*pokes head in*

This might be my chance to get into dem Pocket Monsters again... <u<
O/O

King Serperior

Heya, Warg!  It's been a bit since we've last talked!  Glad to see that you're interested.

There's only one place available at the moment, but I'd like to see what sort of character concept that you've got in mind.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wargtass

Was the war in the Tokai region three years ago or was that the start of the local league. Could you potentially play a native of the region?

Ghost and psychic types are my favorites, but might try something else. Also, I just realized I think third or fourth generation was the one I stopped at so might have to read up a whole lot... 8V
O/O

King Serperior

Quote from: Wargtass on February 19, 2015, 01:42:51 PM
Was the war in the Tokai region three years ago or was that the start of the local league.
The war in Tokai ended three years ago, at which point the League was founded.  The war actually began in the region about 20 years before that.
Could you potentially play a native of the region?
It is possible, if you want to.  Though, if you do create a character from Tokai, I'll have to be a little more strict when looking over the character since this is a brand new region.
Ghost and psychic types are my favorites, but might try something else. Also, I just realized I think third or fourth generation was the one I stopped at so might have to read up a whole lot... 8V
Haha, yeah, there's a LOT to cover if that's where you last left off!  Though, all you'll really need to learn are the new Pokemon, new type matchups, and whatnot.  If you have questions, please ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

If you'll excuse the double-posting, I have the two characters that I can use in this game.  I can happily use either one, so I guess it just depends on what everyone else comes up with:

Female Character

Name:  Misa Mizuno
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region:  Sinnoh
Team:
1).  Rhyhorn:  Her first and strongest Pokemon, Rhyhorn is as hard-headed as its trainer and will not back down in the face of it's weaknesses.
2).  Nidoran♀:  Cute and cuddly right now, Nidoran is by no means weak.  However, she likes to be babied a lot.  This is likely to change should she evolve.
3).  Yanma:  It's almost a family tradition to train a Pokemon that is tied to the past.  Yanma is rather jittery and twitchy and is prone to occasionally attacking anything that scares it with Sonic-booms.
Personality:  Misa, as a beginner Rhyhorn Racer, is stubborn and tough.  It's unlikely that she'll give up on anything once she sinks her teeth (and fingernails) into something.  Despite her petite size of 5'3", she'll stand before anyone who presents a challenge and take them head-on.  However, her tough exterior hides a nice side who has a soft spot for ground and rock types as well as chocolate and candies.  Misa is also rather afraid of heights and doesn't like the typical 'girly clothes.'
Biography:  Misa is the daughter of Sinnoh's Rock Gym Leader, Roark, and the grandaughter of Sinnoh's Steel Gym Leader, Byron.  She was raised in Oreburgh City where she first met with her Ryhorn at a young age.  By the time she was 10, she applied to become an official trainer.  Soon after that, she met her Nidoran.

By the time she was 13, she applied to become a Rhyhorn Racer and even came in third place in her first race.  While she traveled, she helped defend a small swarm of Yanma that were being attacked by a group of enraged Beedrill that wanted their nest for their own.  As she left, having defended the home of the swarm, one of the Yanma decided to follow her.  From there, she trained the three of them for the next couple of years.  Finally, by the time she was 17 and having won her first Race, she decided it was time to challenge her father.  The battle was long, but a tie between her Rhyhorn and her father's Cranidos got her her first badge.  Two years later, while training in Eterna Forest, she received a call from her father that he had heard some interesting rumors of a new league opening in a distant region.  At first, she wasn't interested, wanting to continue her league challenge at home, but when she heard that this new region was tough and full of strong trainers, she decided to take the chance and booked a boat to the new region.
Ons/Offs:  Link

Male Character

Name:  Kyoji Saito
Orientation:  Bisexual, prefers women
Home Region:  Kanto
Team:
1).  Nidoran♂:  Kyoji's first Pokemon, he has raised Nidoran since it hatched from an egg.  While not his most Powerful, Nidoran is very versatile and uses unorthodox tactics to defeat it's foes.
2).  Vespiquen:  Vespiquen is Kyoji's strongest Pokemon.  She's ruthless in her battles and will take victory by any means necessary.  However, she'll do anything in her power to defend her trainer and her teammates.
Personality:  Kyoji is a well-kept individual that sees battles as a chess game.  Despite being a cold and calculating leader in battle, he has a warm heart and loves his Pokemon and friends.  He rarely gives people who have wronged him a second chance and puts a lot of trust in his friends.  There's really not a whole lot that will shake him due to his mentality, but he tends to dwell on past decisions, believing that learning from the past will help him in the future.
Biography:  Kyoji was born in Fuchsia City, son of one of Koga's best students.  He spent a lot of time in the Gym, watching his father battle trainers who believed they were ready to take on the Leader and just training in general.  However, unlike most of the trainers who spent a lot of their time at the Gym, he never wanted to become a ninja.  However, he took the teachings to heart, even when his father gave him an egg that would eventually hatch into Nidoran.  Kyoji started to play chess in the meantime and treated his battles like the game.

By the time he was 16, he felt ready to leave the city and try the League challenge himself.  While on his journey, he caught a Combee that he saw defeat a Magmar when all other Combee and their Vespiquen leader fled.  By the time he reached Cerulean City to take on his first gym, he was confident that he could defeat the Leader, Misty, and her Starmie.  However, when he eventually challenged her, her Staryu proved to be almost too much for him to handle.  Luckily, just before the final move that would spell his defeat, Combee evolved into the powerful Vespiquen.  Vespiquen then proceeded to brutally defeat Misty's Pokemon without taking another hit, even to the point of ignoring his commands to do so.

From that point on for the next four years, Kyoji trained with his Pokemon until they worked like a well-oiled machine, and just in time too!  He'd heard rumors about a new region far away and decided that that was just the challenge he needed.  After speaking with his father, who informed him of the Gym's new Leader, Janine was taking over, he bought a plane ticket and took the first flight to Tokai.
Ons/Offs:  Link

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

AidenWhite

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on February 19, 2015, 03:00:01 PM
Nice characters. Both look quite interesting
Thanks!
Quote from: AidenWhite on February 19, 2015, 03:48:20 PM
Hey! It's Tieria!
Indeed!  It was somewhat difficult to find a serious character that fit the personality type that was called for for this character.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

I would love to join this and can work on a character profile tonight, however I respect that Wargtass posted before me and therefore he has the right to be considered over me. I've played all six generations though so I know all 721 Pokemon. But it's all up to King Serperior's decision, and I'm okay with whatever he decides. ^^
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

King Serperior

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 03:57:20 PM
I would love to join this and can work on a character profile tonight, however I respect that Wargtass posted before me and therefore he has the right to be considered over me. I've played all six generations though so I know all 721 Pokemon. But it's all up to King Serperior's decision, and I'm okay with whatever he decides. ^^
Hello, Dimir.  I'm happy to see that you're interested.  If you want, you can work on a character sheet.  However, both la dame and Wargtass have both posted interest ahead of you, so they'll be considered first.  That doesn't mean that you won't be accepted, but I want to say that I've seen people who are new to E post interest in games, make one or two posts, then vanish without another word.  It puts strain on games, even enough to cause a game to falter.  So, I just wanted you to be informed that if you aren't accepted, it's not because of you or your character.  It's just a precaution from experience with relatively new members.

That said, feel free to make something up.  If the character is good enough, he/she'll have a decent chance of being accepted.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Dimir

Quote from: King Serperior on February 19, 2015, 04:10:29 PM
Hello, Dimir.  I'm happy to see that you're interested.  If you want, you can work on a character sheet.  However, both la dame and Wargtass have both posted interest ahead of you, so they'll be considered first.  That doesn't mean that you won't be accepted, but I want to say that I've seen people who are new to E post interest in games, make one or two posts, then vanish without another word.  It puts strain on games, even enough to cause a game to falter.  So, I just wanted you to be informed that if you aren't accepted, it's not because of you or your character.  It's just a precaution from experience with relatively new members.

That said, feel free to make something up.  If the character is good enough, he/she'll have a decent chance of being accepted.

I have no issue at all with that decision and completely understand.

Dimir

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 04:25:05 PM
I have no issue at all with that decision and completely understand.

EDIT: Here's the character profile.

Image: http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/character.php?id=47480
Name: Katsuro
Orientation: Heterosexual
Home Region: Kalos
Team: Houndour - Katsuro's starter Pokemon, his family hatched it from an egg. It's a quick-tempered pokemon, but is loyal to those with the devotion to train it well. Houndour hasn't fully integrated with the other two pokemon in Katsuro's team yet.
Slowpoke - While at a beach, Katsuro found this pokemon by using an old rod. It's sometimes lazy but will defend itself and fellow pokemon if threatened.
Honedge - Katsuro caught this on Kalos Route 6 during his short journey in that region. It's an eager fighter, always wanting to test itself in battle, however it can sometimes get carried away and lose focus.
Personality:  Katsuro has a major devotion to the growth and interaction he has with his Pokemon, however he often fluctuates between what Pokemon he wants to use at a time. He is the most interested in exploring new areas and seeing the culture and people of new regions and cities. He is trying to work on focusing under pressure during important battles, but he still has a lot of improvement to make in that area.
Biography: Katsuro grew up surrounded by fellow pokemon trainers and got good grades at the local pokemon school. Wanting to go on a journey with his Houndour and Slowpoke, he fought against two of the Kalos gym leaders, Viola the bug-type leader, and Grant the rock-type leader. Katsuro obtained two badges as a result, however his father began to fall ill so he returned to assist his mother in looking after their family. Katsuro was very disappointed with this turn of events but he understood that his family came first, since his mother now had to run their family business, a clothing store by herself. After a year battling a terrible illness, his father sadly died. He decided to explore another region to take his mind off his father's death so he wanted to tackle the Tokai region with the three Pokemon he currently had. He found out about the Tokai region through an online news report website and took a look at his wartime history. With the region now at least somewhat safer, he felt that it would be a worthwhile endevour to go and see the region for himself and being a young adult, he could take care of himself there. The rest of his family supported Katsuro's desire to travel to Tokai so he pooled together his funds and prepared for the journey ahead. He wanted to accomplish something really amazing in his life, like beating the Tokai League, although he knows that will be a long and difficult journey.
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

King Serperior

Okay, Dimir, I see a few things regarding the character that needs some work.

Quote from: Dimir on February 19, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
I'd prefer it if you used an actual anime image for your character than this.
Home Region: Kalos
Team: Slowpoke (Moves: Water Gun, Confusion, Yawn)
Houndour (Moves: Ember, Smog)
Honedge (Moves: Fury Cutter, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance)
In regards to your Pokemon, I don't mind the species, but I would like to point out that this will not be like the games where they have a set number of moves.  No, they won't know every single move in the book, but they won't be so limited.  Also, if you wouldn't mind giving a small sentence or two about the Pokemon, that would add a little character to them.
Personality:  Derek has a major devotion to the growth and interaction he has with his Pokemon, however he often fluctuates between what Pokemon he wants to use at a time. He is the most interested in exploring new areas and seeing the culture and people of new regions and cities. He is trying to work on focusing under pressure during important battles, but he still has a lot of improvement to make in that area.
Okay, personality looks good. 
Biography:  Derek has two badges in his home region of Kalos, however his father began to fall ill so he returned to assist his mother in looking after their family. Two years ago, his father sadly died. He decided to explore another region so he wanted to tackle the Tokai region with the three Pokemon he had obtained in Kalos, especially his starter, Houndour. He wants to accomplish something really amazing in his life, like beating the Tokai League, although he knows that will be a long and difficult journey.
Could you expend on the biography?  It would help explain more about the character's history.  What you have at the moment seems rather rushed.

Take a look at the characters I have posted above as an example. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace