Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

I'm keeping my theme song hidden until Jeanne actually gets in a fight, but prepare for 100% pure and concentrated epic.

On other news however, I was thinking about one thing, and this is rather important.

I think that we should mess a little bit with the source material for one particular thing: Spirit form.
Any intelligent and conservative mage would refrain from constantly supplementing a servant with the mana need of keeping them in physical form, so they would naturally have the spirit be in spirit form most of the time. To avoid ruining the realism, I was thinking that we should just remove that aspect, make the servants present 100% of the time to make them more available for interactions. Assassin would be an exception since he can cloak his presence, but other than that, I think that they should be present 100% of the time.

What do you guys think?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

I agree. Not being able to physically interact for greater amounts of time wouldn't be fun for anyone playing a servant, so I'm all for 100%.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Rave

I will also agree with this, seeing as it won't limit Servant interaction with each other or other masters.

pendarious

as has been shown masters and servants are still capable of interaction...and other servants know when another servant is preasent (except assassin) so I'm fairly sure it's  a moot point plus any time you want physical interaction you can just return to physical form. furthermore spirit form is used for hiding from those who arent involved. of course one could just supply modern clothes to avoid public issues. Furthermore IT IS more realistic that SPIRITS would stay invisible to non masters especially given how the grail war is suppose to stay secret.....so voting to get rid of spirit form seems silly to me......
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Lynnette

Quote from: pendarious on June 22, 2014, 04:37:07 PM
as has been shown masters and servants are still capable of interaction...and other servants know when another servant is preasent (except assassin) so I'm fairly sure it's  a moot point plus any time you want physical interaction you can just return to physical form. furthermore spirit form is used for hiding from those who arent involved. of course one could just supply modern clothes to avoid public issues. Furthermore IT IS more realistic that SPIRITS would stay invisible to non masters especially given how the grail war is suppose to stay secret.....so voting to get rid of spirit form seems silly to me......

It's a matter of conserving mana rather than being seen by others. A servant takes a lot more mana to keep in a physical form than in their spirit form, where they can almost live by local prana alone. Any slightly intelligent mage would keep their servant in their spirit form most of the time to avoid using more mana than necessary, just in case something might wind up happening. And yes, masters and servants have been very capable of communicating, but this idea is just to give the people playing servants, me included, free'er leashes, making it easier to interact with other servants and masters in scenes where the master would instead keep their servant in their spirit form.

And servants are not visible for non-mages overall as far as I am aware, and any somewhat educated mage would know what was going on I assume.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Kunoichi

I think a more elegant solution would be to leave spirit form as something that's solely within the Servant's control, rather than the Master's. That way, we get to keep spirit form while also giving the Servants more freedom in their interactions.  I'm pretty sure that's also how it's actually handled in canon, what with all the complaints Waver had about Rider going around in physical form all the time, so it wouldn't actually require us to change up anything, either. ^^

Lynnette

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 22, 2014, 04:55:06 PM
I think a more elegant solution would be to leave spirit form as something that's solely within the Servant's control, rather than the Master's. That way, we get to keep spirit form while also giving the Servants more freedom in their interactions.  I'm pretty sure that's also how it's actually handled in canon, what with all the complaints Waver had about Rider going around in physical form all the time, so it wouldn't actually require us to change up anything, either. ^^

I guess you are right to some degree, but purely theoretically and without any wiki-content to back this up, I'd say that a master would most likely be able to cut off the mana supplementation to the servant though? But yes, for the most part, it does seem like that's how it works. Gilgamesh is kind of an exception since he has the Individuality ability, which basically lets him play a Honey Badger.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Garuss Vakarian

Well, it's free form. :P There is no technical limit to mana. Mana being low or empty would just be kept to story purposes. "Oh no, I am almost out of Mana!" I'll put it this way: I will not make them, 100 percent physical. They are spirits. Specters of the past, anchored into this world as familiars. And, most of all, being able to go 'spirit'. Is one thing, that can be very useful.  Basically. If it is what you all really want, I wont argue. If you want it to 'not cost mana.' I will allow it. But spirit form in general stays. Because the name sake after all is, 'Heroic Spirits.' :P lol. I hope that works well with every one.

Kunoichi: And Kunoichi has a good point. So, we can leave it to the Servants control. (Rider was a good example.) And, then if Mana is still a concern. We can simply make it not cost mana.

Reaper: Yes, because the Honey Badger Just doesn't give a fuck. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUa1ZlnwA4

And by extension, neither does Gilgamesh!

Lynnette

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on June 22, 2014, 05:16:42 PM
Well, it's free form. :P There is no technical limit to mana. Mana being low or empty would just be kept to story purposes. "Oh no, I am almost out of Mana!" I'll put it this way: I will not make them, 100 percent physical. They are spirits. Specters of the past, anchored into this world as familiars. And, most of all, being able to go 'spirit'. Is one thing, that can be very useful.  Basically. If it is what you all really want, I wont argue. If you want it to 'not cost mana.' I will allow it. But spirit form in general stays. Because the name sake after all is, 'Heroic Spirits.' Not 'Heroic beings that are suddenly completely physical and practically alive again.' :P lol. I hope that works well with every one.

Kunoichi: And Kunoichi has a good point. So, we can leave it to the Servants control. (Rider was a good example.) And, then if Mana is still a concern. We can simply make it not cost mana.

Reaper: Yes, because the Honey Badger Just doesn't give a fuck. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUa1ZlnwA4

And by extension, neither does Gilgamesh!

You could pretty much just swap out "honey badger" with "Gilgamesh" and it wouldn't make less sense.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Zaer Darkwail

That is indeed good reference for Gilgamesh; he is honey badger of heroic spirits.

Rave

I'm actually re-watching Fate/Zero because of this. I miss some Gilgamesh badass-ness. Goddamnit though, I love Iskandar so much it's crazy.

Garuss Vakarian

:( We all want to be one of Iskanders retainers. I always think of his fight with Gilgamesh as one of the most awesome moments ever. It just makes you happy, and sad at the same time. I mean, his words to Waver is just what sells the scene, before he goes on his 'Final Charge!" His character was just simply inspiring, and I always thought it had to do with the amazing mentor role he filled for Waver. I tell ya, Rider manned that boy up big time.

Plus: It was one of the only moments we see Gilgamesh's soft side. He let's the boy live for his loyalty. And resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tovAPayJ_Pk

MelisaArtemis

Can people please stop giving away my characters's stats... If you want to discuss my character's skills / stats, PM me.... I know that this is OOC but really....

Btw, I think her last skill qualify as reality marble. Reality marble by definition is basically a separate dimension where the user remakes the reality with their own while bounded field is more akin to "Home field advantage" where the user set up a place / area where they can perform at their best. If you can't tell the main appeal of my character's last spell... then I'd prefer keep it secret and show it ingame :)

As far restriction goes... Kunoichi, that is NOT her only restriction and we're talking about COMPLETELY drained. You need to remember that my character is a CASTER, what is a Spellcaster without mana? I'd call em free to kill target, don't you?

Finally, about her magical ability... they qualify as Noble Phantasm because they are things that DESCRIBES her. Yes, the shapeshift isn't particularly unique but still, its part of her and therefore is ranked as Noble Phantasm. Please stop comparing her to Fate / Extra Caster, they have the same name and base legend but I am NOT making Fate / Extra's caster. Hell, my caster won't even act mostly the same as Fate / Extra's caster

Garuss Vakarian

0_0 Looking back at the thread posts I finally realized. Well, I apologize that you did not want your information known, Kunoichi shouldn't have posted it, and probably should have went by PM. But, that said. She was merely trying to act upon her role as Co Gm. So, please do give her a bit of slack. She did not intend to make you mad I assure you. ((Or at least I dont think she had ill intent.)) Go ahead and talk this over on pm, and settle with her on your issues. (IE, stats Kunoichi feels should be updated.) If there is any other issues, do inform me by pm. I would rather keep problems in the pm's or OOC in the future. And not in the search thread. But I will have OOC up here in a minute as well. So if you wish you can talk on there instead. But for future notice, Kunoichi is my co GM. So please do not feel attacked or insulted if she comes to any of you in the future.

Edit: By the way, I am sorry this happened. I will try and pay more attention in the future. So Melissa, please do accept my apologies, for not realizing. An Kunoichi accept mine, for not noticing. I feel had I, this would have been avoided.

Kunoichi

Yeah, I was wondering if I was going to have to start harassing you to make that announcement, Garrus. :P

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on June 22, 2014, 08:59:15 PM
Can people please stop giving away my characters's stats... If you want to discuss my character's skills / stats, PM me.... I know that this is OOC but really....

Btw, I think her last skill qualify as reality marble. Reality marble by definition is basically a separate dimension where the user remakes the reality with their own while bounded field is more akin to "Home field advantage" where the user set up a place / area where they can perform at their best. If you can't tell the main appeal of my character's last spell... then I'd prefer keep it secret and show it ingame :)

As far restriction goes... Kunoichi, that is NOT her only restriction and we're talking about COMPLETELY drained. You need to remember that my character is a CASTER, what is a Spellcaster without mana? I'd call em free to kill target, don't you?

Finally, about her magical ability... they qualify as Noble Phantasm because they are things that DESCRIBES her. Yes, the shapeshift isn't particularly unique but still, its part of her and therefore is ranked as Noble Phantasm. Please stop comparing her to Fate / Extra Caster, they have the same name and base legend but I am NOT making Fate / Extra's caster. Hell, my caster won't even act mostly the same as Fate / Extra's caster

Sorry, I didn't mean to spoil anything. ^^; You asked for commentary, so I thought it would be alright to share my thoughts.  I'll take the rest of it to PMs.

MelisaArtemis

Its ok you two. Its just that I wanna minimize the chance of godmodding in game, we're afterall playing Fate-oriented game where keeping the servant identity secret can decide life or dead. I do make a point not to read other servant's stats other than their pictures but its just me... so it could be that I'm just overthinking things :P

Garuss Vakarian

Kunoichi: Yeah, sorry. >_< I really shoulda said mentioned it sooner.

Melisa: I understand your concern. But rest assured, I myself do not stand for Metagaming. God modding, and meta knowledge is the fastest way to my bad side, and wont get tolerated. I assure you if ever I see it, I will give said player a warning, and nicely ask them to change their post. Persistent behavior (if they do it after the warning, more then 3 times.) will lead to immediate character termination. But, seeing as though every one involved doesn't seem to be like that. And are good role players. I am not concerned at all with the matter.

Edit: Any way, happy you two are not mad at each other. :) .

Edit: Also. Is around 14 people considered a large group?

BlackLightning

Last time I check, large group in E is considered by post count, not members

Marie Reynolds

Does that mean if they metagame do i get to award extra command spells to have the pc killed by all the participants?! >:)

Rave

You can reach Big Game status and get a sub-forum when you reach 1000 posts in your RP.

Garuss Vakarian

Oh, I see. Whoop's, I thought the sections name meant groups that are large. I guess this also answers my sub forum question. :P

Marie: Well, only if I allow you to. :P . lol

Inari

Count me as interested if you still have room for a master. Although I may need a bit of help making a character. >.<

Rave

Quote from: Starcry on June 22, 2014, 11:25:46 PM
Count me as interested if you still have room for a master. Although I may need a bit of help making a character. >.<

I'm sure everyone will be happy to provide any advice they can  :-)

Kunoichi

Yep. ^^ We're willing to provide plenty of help on that front.  Anything in particular you need help with?