News:

Main Menu

Gaming

Started by Abyss, April 24, 2024, 02:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abyss

Hey there! While waiting for the approval process, I wondered what you all think of today's gaming industry.

Tuttle

Now this is a good question! I personally love BG3 and would happily just donate more money to the developers if they asked for it, same with Hell Divers actually. Beyond that, however, I find a lot of the new stuff is tedious, horrible, and I hate, repeat HATE, the constant DLC grind you see in anything from EA Games, or even the Total War series. I suffer it in City Skylines only because I love building things.

I am really hoping we get a good Castle Builder game since the only decent one at the moment is Valheim.

What about yourself?

Abyss

I couldn't agree more with you. I loved BG3 and, at one point, was addicted to it. I am a bit worried about the gaming industry because it caters to a small minority instead of the tons of ordinary people who want to play a good game that isn't plagued by political agendas, ideologies, etc. I miss when games were made with heart and passion and weren't some quick cash grab. I find myself returning to older games since most games are just incomplete garbage. 

Tuttle

That's a good point. There's been a bit of a break from the "lets just have fun" to going a bit overboard here and there. I'm hoping BG3 starts a trend rather than the opposite and we get some epic style games!

Abyss

Quote from: Tuttle on Today at 12:10:06 AMThat's a good point. There's been a bit of a break from the "lets just have fun" to going a bit overboard here and there. I'm hoping BG3 starts a trend rather than the opposite and we get some epic style games!
Same! What platform do you play on?