Life In The Ludus: A Game of Romans, Gladiators, & Slaves

Started by Urbanzorro, May 18, 2015, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

A plot line like that would be pretty easy to work in, provided we get some suitable suitors ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AdrianZef

Seems like this group could use a guy or two. Mind if I write up a character (or two if we're lucky)? Any characters you need in particular to get started?
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

bubby

Quote from: AdrianZef on May 31, 2015, 09:45:33 PM
Seems like this group could use a guy or two. Mind if I write up a character (or two if we're lucky)? Any characters you need in particular to get started?

*Gets her cheer on*

*\;D/*

I'm not the GM, but my idea of characters would be a son, and if you're so inclined to make 2 chars, maybe a man who comes to the Ludus to view the Gladiators in the hopes of hiring for some Games? This opens up a few possibilities methinks.

BellaVita

Yeah, I can't speak for our GM but we need a son and perhaps male slave, a house champion or a potential suitor for one of the daughters?

Urbanzorro

Right now I'd say that son's and male slaves/gladiators are our biggest need. Characters from outside the ludus are also good but they aren't as vital at this point to getting the game's main plot lines sustainable

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

cabalxxvi

Jedrid Voralor
by Cabalxxvi
Role: Gladiator

Gladiator Type:
Hoplomachus

Orientation: Straight

Appearance Details: Jedrid has a slash that runs from his forehead to the bottom right of his chin, he was lucky enough to keep his eye. He has Spartan Hoplite tattoos that run sleeves on both his arms.

Personality:
In the Pits Jedrid is a refined warrior that has only one purpose, and that is to make the master happy with the kill in the pits. Outside the pits he is polite, helpful, and isn't quick to anger.

Bio:
Jedrid was a Spartan warrior in his prime born a renowned spartan Hoplite, and raised identical to any spartan child. He was made for war, just like the stories told of Spartan children. When the boy became the man he served his king with never wavering resolve, and did his duty. With a day of bad luck he was struck on the face and nearly lost his eye. The commander ordered him to stand down, but the pride in his blood drew him to kill without order. Jedrid was banished thanks to the pleas of his mother. During his banishment, the drink became his next ally, one that would land him in prison, and eventually to the life to a gladiator, a life that he came to love more than anything in the world.

Character's Ons:
Jedrid is about pure dominince with passion in the bedroom. If the woman submits to him it drives him wild.

Character's Offs:
Jedrid hates to be forced into any sexual situation. Cannot stand it, and he has no attraction to the male species in any sense of the meaning.

Player's Ons:
Anything worth while

Player's Offs:
Basically nothing that shouldn't happen for the character.

Stats

Health: 10
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Agility: 10
Accuracy: 10
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

cabalxxvi

I would like to request the house Champion if that is what is needed, or just a fully trained gladiator. Once I get an approval or not, I will do the stats for the character.

Urbanzorro

@cabalxxvi: The concept of your character is solid. Though I do have a quick note for you and an issue.

The note being that you mention him fighting for/serving the king of Sparta. During the time of the Roman Republic there still were Spartan warriors trained to fight in a Greek Phalanx and raised 'the Spartan way.' However by this point in history Sparta (and Greece itself for that matter) was no longer independent as Greece was already conquered by Rome. Though the Spartans were still allowed to continue their way of life and were given a decent amount of freedom to handle their own internal affairs so long as they paid their taxes to Rome. So while there would still be a 'King of Sparta' he would have been more akin to a mayor with regards to his power/authority. And there wouldn't have been any battles he and his Spartans would have been in, other than serving as Roman Auxiliaries. So while it doesn't necessitate a change in your character's bio it is just something to keep in mind when/if he talks about his personal history.

The issue I have is that you have your character being of Gallic origin, but the Spartans were actually very xenophobic. Especially when it came to providing a Spartan education to males. The only boys who would have been allowed to undertake such training would have been those born to Spartan citizens, the sons of helots deemed to be deserving, (second class citizens within Sparta who were the descendents of other Greeks the Spartans had conquered/enslaved) and the sons of foreign dignitaries who sent their sons to apprentice in such a lifestyle(which was very rare). This is actually the only aspect of your character that would need to be changed. Other than that, and pending you posting your stats, he looks good. 

With regards to having him be house champion I know Holmes expressed interest in the role previously. I'll shoot him a PM to see if he still has interest in it. If not then I'm fine with whoever wants to fill the role.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

@ Everyone: The I.C. Threads are up. Currently there are two of them.

The Villa which is the primary living area for the Flavius family and it's house slaves
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230292.msg11308885#msg11308885

The Ludus which is the primary training and living area for the gladiators
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230291.0

Both of which are now open for posting. Links can also be found in the O.O.C. Thread

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

cabalxxvi

Modified it for you a bit, and just made him of Spartan heritage. Does that work for you? Also, I can do my stats as a trained warrior in the pits and then if I can take the champ, I'll just add the extra points.

Edit: Stats are up as well for now.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Holmes

Hagar of Gaul
by Holmes
Role: House Champion

Gladiator Type:
Murmillo

Orientation: Straight

Appearance Details: Hagar is noticeably larger than almost anyone he has ever met. Standing at nearly 6'7", He towers above other men both in the arena and in daily life. He is well muscled, more than most gladiators.

Personality: Hagar knows his place in society, so while he is not fighting for his life he is very quite and only speaks when spoken too. However, in the arena he is very different. He pairs his size with a booming voice and animal-like growls to intimidate his opponents. On the inside, he is neither of these. He remains internally calm at all times and observes the world in a very analytical way, rarely letting emotions effect his decision making at any time.

Bio:
Born into a barbarian tribe during a time of war, Hagar has known nothing else. He was told by his family that all Romans were ruthless and emotionless killers. After years of trying to resist Roman rule in his homelands, he was captured in an ambush and brought back to Ostia Antica to be a gladiator. Deciding that the only way to survive such a life would be to win every match, Hagar adopted what he was told the Roman fighting style was. He became a ruthless and emotionless fighter. This lifestyle has altered the very way Hagar thinks, and he is a very different man now than he was all those years ago in Gaul. He has come to accept his new life, and cares little for anything but the next match.

Character's Ons:
Dominance, oral sex, casual sex, anal sex, rough sex, bondage

Character's Offs:
Any form of sex with a male, dominant female, gore, mutilation

Player's Ons:
Link in signature

Player's Offs:
Link in signature

Stats

Health: 14
Attack: 14
Defense: 14
Agility: 9
Accuracy: 9
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

BellaVita

Hey Cabalxxvi, we gonna get a face pic of your gladiator? (to oogle over of course) ;)

cabalxxvi

Haha sure, I'll find one for everyone without the armor. :D

BellaVita

cabalxxvi

There is a taste. Using Gannicus I think. I liked him in the series.

BellaVita

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 01, 2015, 05:07:11 PM
There is a taste. Using Gannicus I think. I liked him in the series.

I'm pretty sure DeamonBane is using him as his character

cabalxxvi

BellaVita

No one is using Crixus tho or Spartacus

cabalxxvi

Whew Saved. Leonidus would fit better I think.

Holmes

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

BellaVita

Holmes

I can beef up the bio/personality if need be. I wanted to get something down before the HC position gets swooped up.  ;D

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.