The Fate of Men

Started by RelentlessSoldier, July 20, 2009, 07:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RelentlessSoldier

This has been a topic that has fascinated me for some time, and I thought it would be interesting to do this.

Setting: Fantasy, Near-Industrial Era.

The Empire of man has spread across the world at an alarming rate.  Man has completed his first working railroad, with a gigantic steam-powered behemoth machine roaring across the landscape.  In these days, men are throwing aside their wizardry in persuit of science.  Men have become more literate and educated, spreading knowledge across their nations.

It is a twilight era for the other races.  Many of their numbers have dwindled, as men have hunted them or destroyed their homes.

The premise of this RP is several races have gathered to debate what to do about the race of men.  Many feel that it is best that they surrender their world, as men are destined to rule.  Others feel as if they could live on the fringes of human civilization, or even disguised within it.  Others feel the need to destroy humankind altogether.  This places many races in an awkward position, as many of them need humans to survive... and some were once human.

Ivoryedge

This sounds really interesting if you can get enough people to do it.

Chaos

Yes, this sounds fascinating. I'd be interested, certainly.

GabrielM

I might be interested what other races are you thinking about?

RelentlessSoldier

Quote from: GabrielM on July 21, 2009, 02:04:22 PM
I might be interested what other races are you thinking about?

Traditionally- Elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, demons, angels, fae, undead, lycanthropes... anything you like, feel free to run it by me.

I'm also making a new race, and I don't mind if others wish to do so.  Mine are artifact humanoids built for war (think: Warforged from D&D, but more humanoid and biologically funtional).

FlaminGlory

That sounds interesting. I'm in

the fox without

I have an idea for a foerst spirit, I doubt they'll be happy with the way things are going to happen

Oreo

I'll be there with Elysia. ;) Harpy warrior.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Loquacia

could be fun, I'd be most interested in playing something on the brownie/boggle/redcap house fairy spectrum, though I'm unsure whether to play it mischievous or more vicious.

Chaos

Hmm... a dark fey type creature, or a demon? Decisions, decisions.