Interest Check - A Sort of Survival - Need Soldiers/Sex Slaves

Started by Maeve, August 13, 2015, 10:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthenwel

Quote from: Vex on September 21, 2015, 04:29:02 PM
I'm not sure damage has to be done, per say. Infrastructure falls apart fairly quickly without regular maintenance. I've heard it said that, should a cataclysmic event were to happen and they weren't regularly tended to, most of the running water, power, and sewage facilities would cease functioning within a month, and the latter making most urban areas virtually uninhabitable. Similarly, gasoline dries up fairly quickly, and chances are, any gas that wasn't properly stored would lose it's potency as a fuel source within weeks. So, if we're going with a realistic approach a few months into this disaster, as I understand it, our characters have been living off a low-tech manner for a while now.

If we have an engineer, the generator can be modified and adapted with the water wheel to create power. Also, since, 'for sanity's sake', the story takes place in 2015, we could have scavenged solar panels. That would have created a reasonably comfortable living. Underground gasoline reservoirs will be good for a while unless the reservoir is breached. Sewage would be the real issue, unless you set up a outhouse down river so that the running water would wash it away without polluting the water supply. Also, the reason why the electric grid would shut down is because all plants are equipped with a fail safe. If the plant hasn't been monitored/maintained, the plant automatically shuts down to protect the machinery and to prevent an explosion due to exposed/frayed wiring
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

kckolbe

Definitely like the point of solar panels, ensuring some electricity.  And a personal well is extremely feasible as well.

So, question about "service."  How often was Charlotte having to entertain?  I know she had every other day off, but was it one soldier per duty day?  Was it all of them?  Just want to get an idea of demand.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RedEve

If she gets every other day off, I would suggest that she services six men per day?
That would mean - if the 12 men number holds up - that each soldier gets some alone time with her once every four days.
Any longer than that might make some of them restless. Any more per day for Charlotte might wear her out mentally and physically a lot faster, so they would probably at least be somewhat conscious of that?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Maeve

Quote from: Vex on September 20, 2015, 08:34:43 AM
I can't say I entirely know what you're talking about. I'm familiar with the Rockies, but how far East, exactly? Like, East Coast? Because that's quite different terrain than the Rockies. I'm not sure I have a particular preference between the two at the moment, but that aside, I'm comfortable with it being an American location.

Hmmm..well, I agree a month in is too soon for those developments, but doesn't six months seem a bit long for people to still be wandering around aimlessly? While cities springing up in six months seems unlikely, but there could very well be small settlements. I think, by the sixth month point, most people who are still alive have had to accept it to a degree. If you want most people to have a hopeful wondering whether this would all go away, I think maybe two or three months or so would be more appropraite. But, it's not like I'm an expert. It's just my take.

Thanks for clarifying that. It does sound promising! I do like my games with a fair amount of variety and complications. Granted, going out and killing infected isn't likely something most of the women in this game are going to do, but it's still nice to see different challenges being thrown at the group. It helps reflect the desperation and difficulty of their arrangement. Besides, not only do the guys need to go out and prove their mettle, but the gals need the occasional reminder of why it's still likely better sticking around and letting these guys use them than to take their chances on their own outside.

Glad to hear it! A couple more, if you don't mind.

I've heard you mention zombies a few times. Even though the series sorta spawned the idea of the sprinting zombie, the original series didn't technically use zombies, per say. The Rage Virus merely made it's victims mindlessly violent. They aren't undead. They die just as easily as any person does, if they were recklessly and obsessively concerned with killing others and nothing else. They didn't eat people, or anything, for that matter. Funnily enough, that's what eventually ends the outbreak, when the current Infected just starve to death, because they never take the time to eat. They're slightly smarter than zombies, and can figure out things like ladders, doors and aiming for a moving target, but they're probably more self-destructive their ways too.

So, just to clarify, are these zombies? Or infected? I don't mind either, really, I just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page here.

Secondly, to reference the movie once more (probably the last time I'll do that, I swear  :P ), the original soldiers weren't just interested in having fun with the girls. To the contrary, it almost seemed like fun wasn't really part of it (although, it was for at least one of them). Rather, what they wanted women for was for "hope", to assure a possible future for the men. Meaning, children. Is that part of what you see this group is after as well? Or is it purely for entertainment/release/sanity? Even if it's just the latter, I have to imagine they have to think about how to avoid it, at least. Securing prophylactics could be an interesting goal, right along with water, power, or food.

It's essentially a question of east vs. west. They could end up in a place like this
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
on the east coast or this one
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
for the Rockies. I have no preference, just want to know for flora and fauna.

3 months works for me. Gives enough time for things to collapse and the survivors to time to get some scars and stories.

As to zombies/infected. Let's go with it being a virus, or maybe a mystery. There was no time for the official report to be released, so one is really sure what they are. Could be a running theme throughout the story whenever anyone calls them zombies they're corrected. That being said I do think they should die in the standard zombie manner with a head shot. Just to be safe.

I definitely think children are a part of it, just not yet. Could be Charlotte keeps putting it off, bribes one of the guys with extra attention if he sneaks her birth control pills, that sort of thing.

arthenwel

Might make sense for Corbin to do that. Be his tiny way of protecting her.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Maeve

Quote from: kckolbe on September 21, 2015, 09:00:34 PM
Definitely like the point of solar panels, ensuring some electricity.  And a personal well is extremely feasible as well.

So, question about "service."  How often was Charlotte having to entertain?  I know she had every other day off, but was it one soldier per duty day?  Was it all of them?  Just want to get an idea of demand.

So it would be one per day, essentially a night service, since she has duties during the day.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Vex

Yeah, it has. Of course, you know I've still been on it. I just had a been on an unexpected hiatus while I'm recovering from a hand injury this past week. But I'm still here, interested, and I think my character is nearly ready to be written up, once I feel my wrist is up to it.

I just hope there's still a place for her.

Maeve

Quote from: Vex on October 05, 2015, 04:16:39 PM
Yeah, it has. Of course, you know I've still been on it. I just had a been on an unexpected hiatus while I'm recovering from a hand injury this past week. But I'm still here, interested, and I think my character is nearly ready to be written up, once I feel my wrist is up to it.

I just hope there's still a place for her.

Course there's still a place. I look forward to reading yours and everyone else's character outlines.

RedEve

Never posted my approved character in here, I think.

Might drum up some more interest?

Writer Name: RedEve

Character Name: Rosa Brooks

Face Model/Physical Description:

Sexuality: straight

Personality: Prior to the world going to shit, Rosa was an outgoing and fun-loving person. She was the happy single type young woman who spent most of her twenties and the beginning of her thirties in serial monogamy that was primarily guided by physical attraction. She has a lot of friends, though more male friends than female.

History: In the normal world, Rosa was an English teacher at a local high school. For about six years after her graduation, she lived and worked in France and taught English at a French high school. It was only in her late 20s that she returned home. When the world turned to shit, things got bad quickly. Together with her roommate and her roommate’s boyfriend, they managed to survive the first few weeks. They soon decided to leave the city and go to less populous areas, but everywhere the swarm of zombies had taken over. After a few weeks, during a food run, she got separated from her two companions. After a day of fruitlessly trying to find them again, she knew it was of no use and she would have to fend for herself.

A stroke of luck came her way in the form of a radio transmission that invited survivors to head towards a safe haven. With few other alternatives, Rosa managed to start a car and follow a map in the direction of this supposed safe place. Eventually she arrived at a very well-protected mansion which was well-guarded by a unit of soldiers. Her initial relief was short-lived as on the very first night, she was introduced to what they had in mind for her in terms of repayment. As the only woman made to service a dozen men, she went through a phase of fierce resistance. After about ten days of that, she retreated into herself and fell into a near catatonic state. This was occasionally interrupted by nights of wailing and screaming. But no one has had or has attempted to have a coherent conversation with her in a long time.

kckolbe

I don't feel this game is still radiating much energy, and male interest hasn't picked up at all.  Hate to do it, as there was a ton of potential, but I am going to withdraw.

Intro Thread

Maeve

Quote from: kckolbe on October 09, 2015, 11:50:01 AM
I don't feel this game is still radiating much energy, and male interest hasn't picked up at all.  Hate to do it, as there was a ton of potential, but I am going to withdraw.

I'm sorry to hear that but I do understand.

Maeve

Just seeing if there's any lingering interest for this game.

arthenwel

Maeve

Quote from: arthenwel on November 10, 2015, 01:44:47 PM
I'm still waiting with Corbin

Excellent. Well lets see if we can wrangle up a few more people and get this show on the road. I might just write a intro post and have it hanging out in the ether and turn this into a constant recruiting situation.

arthenwel

Might have to. Although, I'm fine with waiting. Not like I really have much going RP wise

Maeve

arthenwel

Maeve

Thank you for your continued interest and patience. You know what,I have a day off tomorrow. I will write an intro piece with our characters, something akin to a prologue, and if anyone decides to join us that would be bully. 

Maeve

RedEve

I might give this another try, provided you are okay with a slow posting pace?

summoner2183

Maeve

Quote from: RedEve on January 20, 2016, 02:12:30 AM
I might give this another try, provided you are okay with a slow posting pace?

At the moment, completely. I'm still trying to get people interested, so I don't see this one having a meteoric rise but rather a study ascent. Where I have the story now, I don't think she's met the crazy waif yet. I think the boys still have her locked away somewhere.
Quote from: summoner2183

link=topic=234769.msg12006031#msg12006031 date=1453279974

Is this still available?

It is indeed. What sort of character were you thinking of? 

summoner2183

I think my character is a fresh graduated doctor that knows how to fight. He is in the army as a field medic/doctor kind of person. Thats what I have in mind for now.

Maeve

They would need a doctor. Feel free to whip up a character sheet for him.