Ronald Reagan

Started by Remiel, June 02, 2020, 01:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Worst president of all time?  Convince me.

CriminalMindsFan

I would need to be convinced to say anything bad about him. I have some sarcasm about him but I suck at sarcasm so be warned. He was bad because he got shot at (and hit) because he didn't duck fast enough and made peace with Russia instead of starting WWIII.

Remiel

And thus I stand by my assertion that Donald J. Trump is the worst President we have ever had.  Whatever you may think about Ronald Reagan (or George W. Bush for that matter), at least they did not attack the institution of a free and independent press, or try to delegitimize the democratic system.

legomaster00156

Now, I'm no fan of Ronald Reagan, but I would never call him the worst President of all time. He doesn't even register in the lower half, really. The main problem I, personally, have is that he created the modern "conservative" movement. That is really more about later Republicans claiming to act in his name, though.

Fox Lokison

I wouldn't say of all time, since times change, as does what's bad, but I do have to say that Reaganomics, as a whole, have full-on enabled the class divide and wealth inequality we see now, which admittedly plays a large role in social tensions. Like, as a short term strategy, alright, I'd buy that, but long term, it's been a bloody nightmare.

Close Pandora's Box over there, Ronny, we didn't need this.

Kitteredge

Quote from: Remiel on January 16, 2021, 11:42:35 AM
And thus I stand by my assertion that Donald J. Trump is the worst President we have ever had.  Whatever you may think about Ronald Reagan (or George W. Bush for that matter), at least they did not attack the institution of a free and independent press, or try to delegitimize the democratic system.

Bush and his administration lead an all-forces attack on the press in the lead-in to the Iraq War and demonized anyone who did not agree with them on that abject lie. He also cheated to win in 2000 in Florida. So, he definitely did attack the free and independent press and tried to delegitimize our democratic system, not to mention his party's gerrymandering and other voter suppression efforts. Everything he did lead us directly to Trump.