A DC/ Marvel Universe Of Our Own (Freeform,Sandbox, Everyone welcome)

Started by Norsegod1839, July 10, 2018, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Give me a few minutes and I will have our OOC room up and our Character sheet room!

Gannameade

I think everyone should have two to start one canon - one OC.

Norsegod1839

keyotess

Still looking for canon characters?  I would be willing to play Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Gannameade

Norsegod1839

Quote from: keyotess on July 16, 2018, 12:03:58 PM
Still looking for canon characters?  I would be willing to play Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde.

I second that Key! come on in!

keyotess

Player: keyotess
On/Offs: same as players

Hero Name: Shadowcat
Legal Name: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde
Origin of Power: Mutant
Sexuality: Lesbian

Description: Height: 5'3"  Weight: 110 lbs, Eyes: Hazel, Hair: Brown

Facename: Jenna Jenovich

Phasing/Intangibility: Shadowcat possesses the ability to pass through solid matter and objects by passing her atoms through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving. In this way she and the object through which she is passing could temporarily merge without interacting, and each is unharmed when Shadowcat had finished passing through the object. This process is called "phasing." When Shadowcat is phasing, she is, for all intents and purposes, intangible. Hence, when attacked, she can shift into a "phasing" state (even if she is not at the time passing through an object) so as to allow incoming projectiles or energy blasts to pass through her harmlessly. Shadowcat passes through objects at the same rate of speed at which she was moving before she "entered" it.

Selective Intangibility: Allows others to become intangible and make other objects intangible by making them pass through other massive solid objects easily such as buildings, planes, and trains.
Partial Intangibility: Kitty can choose which parts of her body become intangible. She make one part of her intangible while leaving the rest of her body solid.
Elemental Intangibility: Allow elemental attacks to pass harmlessly through her such as water, fire, earth, air, energy, electricity, and even lightning.
Physical Disruption: Kitty can easily damage tangible matter by passing right through it.
Non-Corporeal Physiology: Kitty's intangibility abilities make her practically untouchable.
Air & Water Walking: Using her phasing/intangibility ability, Shadowcat can freely walk on both air and water. In fact, she could use her ability to walk on water and the air from the ground to the upper stories of a building as if she were climbing a staircase.
Phasing/Intangibility Extension: From the first use of her phasing power, Shadowcat was able to phase her clothing along with herself. Through practice she learned to phase other objects along with herself without harm to them, and at one point phased an entire X-Men team. She could also enable someone as big as Colossus to "walk on air" along with her. However, she had to maintain physical contact with the people or objects she phased along with herself for the effect to work with this other person or object.
Camouflage: Kitty can easily blend into the colors of her immediate surroundings and environments, practically making her invisible to anything seen to the naked eye.
Shadow Camouflage: Shadowcat can also become completely invisible and unseen in shadows.
Electronic Disruption: She could phase through any material object, even living people. When she phased through an object with an electrical system, the process disrupted the system's workings.
Telepathic Resistance: Her thoughts were highly erratic when phased as if there was no mind to telepathically affect.
Cloaking: Kitty can hide herself and others from any type of optical eyesight.

Abilities
Master Martial Artist: Shadowcat possessed moderate expertise of the martial arts of the Japanese ninja and samurai. Shadowcat demonstrated great knowledge of ninja methods of combat when she was mentally possessed by the Ronin Ogun. With the possession over, Shadowcat forgot the knowledge of ninja techniques he gave her, but she retained the knowledge of Japanese martial arts, as well as street-fighting methods taught to her by Wolverine.  She also knows Israeli Special Forces Training.

Dance Training: Kitty is trained in ballet and modern dance. She continued to take dance training under the tutelage of Stevie Hunter, and was highly agile.

Genius-level Computer Expert: Shadowcat was an expert in the field of computer science, demonstrating genius-level aptitude for programming, modifying, and diagnosing almost any computer system: even those of unfamiliar human and extraterrestrial origin. She used her skills in many high-stress combat situations to great effect, and in combination with her mutant ability to disrupt electrical systems she was a formidable foe for any enemy relying on advanced technology.

Multilingual: She speaks fluent Japanese, Russian, moderate expertise in Gaelic, and knows Hebrew.

Strength level
Normal human with moderate regular exercise.

Weaknesses
Mystical Vulnerability: While phasing Shadowcat was still vulnerable to mystical attacks, however magic users like Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange cannot affect her whilst Kitty is intangible.

Phasing Limitations: Since she was unable to breathe while "inside" an object, she could only continuously phase through solid objects (as when she traveled underground) as long as she could hold her breath. Denser materials were more difficult for Kitty to phase through, sometimes causing her pain. When phasing through Adamantium it makes her sick. Solidifying while in an object could cause serious injury if not death. As it is an active ability, if she can't see an attack coming, she can't phase through it, a fact that the mercenary known as Deadpool once exploited when he knocked her out (taking her by surprise) in order to provoke Wolverine into fighting him for his amusement.

History:
Kitty was the daughter of Carmen and Theresa Pryde, and was born in Deerfield, Illinois.  As she grew into a teenager, her brilliance with computers slowly became evident and she got in early to MIT.  While studying at MIT, she started learning languages, taking dancing lessons and flourishing.  This was where she learned about her ability to phase and started experimenting with it.  This brought her to the attention of Ninjas because of her abilities.  She was kidnapped, trained and eventually possessed by the Ronin Ogun, but she was saved by another mutant named Logan who took her to Xavier's School for the Gifted.

Kitty hung out with Logan and meet Piotr and Illyana Rasputin for a couple of years while she mastered using her abilities and finished her martial arts training with Logan.  During this time, she developed feels for Illyana, but before she could act on them, Illyana and her brother had to move back to Russia.  After that, she went back to MIT to finish her degrees in computer science.

Recently, she has used her phasing powers more actively to stop crime and has taken on the name of Shadowcat and gaining fame slowly in the Boston area and now that she has her PhD, she is looking to find a permanent lively hood.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Gannameade

I like it!  Love it actually.  But take out the random [84] for me and we will be good.

keyotess

Quote from: Gannameade on July 16, 2018, 01:46:11 PM
I like it!  Love it actually.  But take out the random [84] for me and we will be good.

Thanks and done! :)

Gannameade

Thank you much.  Looking forward to hanging out with you.

Gannameade

Norsegod1839

Dragongoddess

Ganna should really quit recruiting for Norse until he starts getting paid for it.  But I've finally been dragged in and I am going to throw my hat in the ring for Jean Grey as well as my own original character.

Norsegod1839

keyotess

Dragongoddess

keyotess

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 19, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
*glomps the keyotess*  Hiya!  How have you been?!?

Eepp. <squeals as glomped> I am good.  How are you doing? :)

Dragongoddess

Quote from: keyotess on July 19, 2018, 01:58:32 AM
Eepp. <squeals as glomped> I am good.  How are you doing? :)
I'm great now that I get to work with you again!

keyotess

Norsegod1839

The crossover is still in its early days! Plenty of openings for those wanting to join still.