Craving: Exalted 2th edition (searching for players and storyteller)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 02, 2012, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Blackshade10 on January 04, 2012, 08:21:02 AM
I've never played, but I would be willing to learn. :)

You know the lore of the exalted? Got any of the books?

Blackshade10

Very briefly, I've had a friend tell me about it.  From my understanding, it's about the living incarnation of some form of deity or the like in human form. 

I believe at least?
*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!

Idej

If you are allowing Solars and Lunars, me and a friend would like to play as bondmates.

RSGAlex

Ok, so far, three things I've seen looking over the thread.

In order of how much I could rant on them if anyone cared to hear, they are
    • 1) Note that being an Infernal or Abyssal doesn't mean at any point that you have to be evil, or a villian, at least not any more than being any other kind of Exalt means that. The short form is that Infernals chapter 1 done screwed up, and that Abyssals didn't do too great either. Although Abyssals got out of editing much worse off than Infernals.

• 2)I'm willing to do a mechanics tutorial, as well as also pontificate a bit about strange or obscure setting bits. I have in my bookmarks a link to a thread where one guy goes and mocks up grammar for some of the languages in Exalted. (And always hope that one day I'll come back and see more)

• 3) If anyone wants to play an Exalt below the weight class of what most are (or suddenly I have, like, one Solar, two Lunars, a Sid, and three Dragon Bloods) I'll at least make some kind of attempt to make sure that the lower tier guys aren't totally blown out of the water.

Any other questions?
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

AribethAmkiir

If this does turn into a mixed Exalt game.  What's the likely hood of PvP?

Is it too much to ask that even if we ended up with 1 Solar, 2 Lunars, a Sid and 3 Dragon-Blood that we somehow manage that we're, at the very least, working for the same goal?

I don't want to limit anything but, in my opinion, it'd be nice if we were all one group.  Not to say the Sid wouldn't be manipulating things, and the DBs wouldn't be scheming to murder the cursed Anathema. 

Just my two cents.

ShadowFox89

Houserules?

Might I suggest dropping xp, switching to bp entirely, and standardizing costs to equal solars?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AribethAmkiir

RSGAlex

I don't think there should be innate PvP involved. And I'd hope to avoid having a Peleps Deled and a Lyta in the same group, even in a less serious game.

But yeah, nothing says that the Terrestrial might not be plotting to use the Anathema for his/her own gain, or they might not have been friends/lovers/siblings/et al before, and therefore don't want to kill the other Exalt, hoping that Immaculate Dogma is wrong/not really believing that much in it.

It can be done, I say this much.

And for houserules, yes, I'm going to standardize costs. (If you want to use the non-solar costs, well, I have to ask why?) And given the forum format, I may go to BP, just try it out. (Funnily enough, I've never actually seen that one, instead going the other way.)

Edit: Once I hear more what people are thinking of being, I'll put up more pertinant house rules. For now, should I go and give you the elevator version of the plot?

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Oh!  Please do! 

(I like to know what area of creation a game is set in, so that I don't have to travel thousands of miles in back story to reach a foriegn culture.  :)  Unless, of course, that's the story I want to tell that day.)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

I think I will bust out my harmonica playing zenith, with a switchklave hidden in his instrument.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RSGAlex

Ok, so two ideas here, lemme present them both to the interested.

First one, we have the city of Denan-Grel, the Denansdor-Gate as most of the world calls it, or Three Waters as the locals do. Located at the end of one of the branches of the Yellow River, and additionally fed by the Mound River to the west, and the Flying River to the south-east, it's not a very important place, except to the occasional Scavenger Lord trying to get into the lost city of Denansdor or a sorcerer or artificer who wishes to use the Flying Rivers water in some kind of experiment.

Unfortunately, a plague of metal men and animals have been attacking the city, and while Denansdor is the most likely place for them to have come from, what kind of being could take the city long enough to make even one of these marvelous things? And if it can be wrested from whoever has the place, what wonders will you make. (Note for those that know about the place, there will be some changes. Major obstacles will be the curse on the city and the defenses.)

Second, Three Tombs Court is a small place hidden in the Black Crag Mountains for better or worse. While the Three Tombs keep the winter folk away, the harsh terrain means that even nearby Whitewall can be months away when it snows heavy and often. Could you fly as a bird, then Whitewall is only a journey of several leisurely weeks, or a few hard days of travel.

But this doesn't matter as the place, tombs and all, are surrounded by the armies of a mighty demon. It negotiates little, and keeps a loose siege going, seeking to starve Three Tombs Court into submission, that it better serves as a servile city-state to the pleasures and glory of Nitinat. (For this one the group has probably Exalted during the siege. The tombs themselves speak of how in the past the demon was defeated by a blade of enchanted water and blue jade, which if brought back in time would utterly decimate the demon and its armies. Or, Three Tombs Court could be given up as lost, and attemtps to sneak people out could be made. It would give the demon the treasures of the tombs, but give much more time to find the weapon, or else gain might enough to defeat the demon without.)

Please wait warmly.

AribethAmkiir

Of the two scenarios, I think I like the second a bit better.   Though they both sound appealing.

Have we decided if we're going to do a mixed group or all play the same Exalt type?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Should they still be interested, I think there was one pair of people that wanted to do Solar-Lunar, but I've not heard from anyone, at least not definitively. Wait, no, ShadowFox said Zenith.

(Incidentally, that would make six people, which is about where I tend to draw the line)

If this were to be a single Exalt type group, it would be the first time I've had that happen. Although if anyone wants to be a god blood, knock yourself out. (I'm only mostly joking about that.)

Please wait warmly.

AribethAmkiir

I'm happy to fill in any holes for the group.   However, if there isn't any holes to fill, I'd like to try my hand at a Gold Faction Serenity, if you're open to that.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

*Grins*  Maybe as an ally... 

So, you recommend for the second plot people who exalted form Three Tombs? 

How about a dawn caste reindeer cavalryman?  (Or woman.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AribethAmkiir

AndyZ,

I think the only thing that's been officially claimed was a Zenith.  With a unknonw caste Solar and Lunar pair in the wings and perhaps Muse just claimed a Dawn caste (not completely sure about that).

ShadowFox89

Haven't really claimed anything, just tossing around ideas. I've never seen a performance primary Zenith, so I want to try it out.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

AribethAmkiir, a Golden Blue Sid is fine by me. Only things I can think of off hand are that you might want to look into a re-write of the charmset (or I can show you one, your option) beacuse the published one suffers badly from lazy copy-pasting.

I may involve Greater Astrology at the start of the game, or shortly after (it would only affect the Greater Sign of Serenity for you, at least to start), and a mod to astrology.

Unless you want to use a different one, I'll go and show my shitty little houserule for Astology. (Warning, never been actively tested before, may change it if you use it and it proves to be too weak.)

1)You can perform astrology for any sign that you have dots in the corresponding ability, and substitute your ability rating for College rating.
2)The colleges instead offer bonuses for astrology. Dots 1-3 give you one free success to assign to any part of an Astrology roll. Dot 4 gives one success and lets you trade successes to reduce gained Paradox. Dot 5 gives you a success, and lets you lay down blessings that require less than the five successes without a ritual, just spend a WP point.

And if we seem mostly agreed on the second plot, then I'll start taking peoples ideas. You don't have to have Exalted while in the place, it's just recommended for easy group cohesion.

EDIT: Man, I keep on having posts happen before I can answer. I'm on, so feel free to ask questions, here or in PM.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I'll probably go for a Night.  Inkmonkeys stuff allowed?  Starting character stats or do you give us a bonus at start?

RSGAlex

Most of the Inkmonkies stuff is allowed, I'll hand out some more bonuses once I have everyone's sheets, but everyone can take double the number of specialties, talk to me if you're taking Thaumaturgy, and if we still have that Lunar I'll edit some possible houserules into this post.

Please wait warmly.

AribethAmkiir

That looks much easier than what I recall for Astrology rolls.

Which charm sets did you think need reworking?  It's been quite a while since I visited anything Exalted so I'll more than likely have to familiarize myself with the Charms all over again.

What is the Inkmonkies stuff, and is it in the Exalted wiki or where can I find it?

RSGAlex

Sidereal charmset definitely needs some reworking, and Lunars need some work, but it's not as bad as the Sid charmset, or the old base DB charmset.

http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=56681

That has the Ink Monkeys fan collection (IE, it's done by a fan, and the art is by fans. The Ink Monkeys are official stuff) and you may want to get the free scroll of Errata from Drivethrurpg or somewhere.

Please wait warmly.