Pokemon: Path of Destiny (Dark, realistic take on the series; 1 space left!)

Started by King Serperior, June 06, 2016, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Game Notes and Rules

- This game will take place in the non-canon Tokai Region.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- As Sun and Moon are NOT out yet, please refrain from asking about the new Gen 7 Pokemon, moves, abilities, or items.  I will include them when the game comes out and I have played through it myself.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done.
- This will be a loosely guided freeform game with the plot moving forward via story events.
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me.  If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- This will not be a superfast game.  I will try for once-a-week posts, but it may be a little slower than that.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game.  Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game.  I would like this to be mostly story based.  As such, character genders don't matter.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans.  I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings.
- I only plan on taking five trainers with me on this adventure.  As such, though character gender doesn't matter, it is nice to have an even pairing of males and females.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake (Note:  Though it is preferred, it's NOT required) and have an O/Os thread (The matrix is nice, but having an actual thread would be much preferred).

So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this world.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, coastal, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Character Sheets:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 17-21)
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting;  However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often, so don't worry too much about this.)
[b]Home Region:[/b] (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos)
[b]Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building;  Explained below)
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Just a few sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b]  (Just a paragraph or two;  I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that;  However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough)
[b]Bag Contents:[/b]  (The contents of the bag will be subject to GM approval, however, the standard for trainers are: a sleeping back and/or small tent, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, and a few extra items)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread)

Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining.  This game is about following the journeys of six relatively new trainers in a new, strange region.  It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that.  They certainly won't have any badges in this region.  So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.

Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team.  However, there are some restrictions on this.  It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean.  So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:

As you noticed in the character sheet, each trainer has six 'points' that allows them to have anywhere from one to three Pokemon.  Each Pokemon has a certain 'price,' but don't let that confuse you.  Here's the 'prices:'

- 2 Points:  Includes most First Stage Pokemon (Ex. Charmander, Wurmple, and Yamask) and all Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pichu, Budew, and Cleffa).
- 4 Points:  Includes most Single Stage Pokemon, Fully-Evolved Early Bug-Type Pokemon (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim (No one wants a Combee any of their other first stages!)), Gyarados/Milotic (No one really wants a Magikarp/Feebas, do they?), Evolved forms of Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pikachu, Magmar, and Marill), Eeveelutions (Ex. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon), Most Middle-Stage Pokemon (Ex. Gloom, Marshtomp, and Tranquill) and First Stage Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon (Ex. Bagon, Beldum, and Dratini).
- 6 Points:  Includes Middle-Stage Pseudo-Legendaries (Ex. Pupitar, Sliggoo, and Zweilous) and Most Fully-Evolved Pokemon (Ex. Cinccino, Skuntank, and Blastoise)

You do NOT have to use all six points.  If you want a brand new trainer with just a Chimchar, feel free!  That's just 2 points and one Pokemon, but if it suits your character, do it!  Just the same, you could use all six points and get a Shellder, Bidoof, and an Eevee.  Just pick what Pokemon you feel that you want and works well with the character you have in mind!

Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited:  Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions.  Here's why:

- Pseudo-Legendaries:  Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve;  Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon:  Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions.  As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils:  Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare.  While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists.  As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them.  While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer.  I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones:  Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve.  Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.

It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

I love pokemon
so much
So much that I bought the 20th anniversary 3DS. So much that I preorder Sun and Moon the second it was announced.

Like...

I need this in my life.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

*nodnod*  I am the same way and Sun and Moon have my Pokemon needs on high levels now.  <3

I haven't yet preordered, but I plan to closer to the release date.

That said, do you have any concepts for your character?  Any questions of any kind?  Do note that not every character should focus on Gyms as there are trainers that just want to do contests, explore, and do other things that interest them, so don't feel limited!   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Gyms and contests are usually the kind of character I go for. I'm trying to figure out a good starter for my character. Probably going with Marshtomp or Greninja OR I JUST MIGHT TAKE MUDKIP AND FROAKIE! :3. So more than likely - I will have a trainer that mainly focuses in Water and maybe Psychic, Fairy, and Dragon. She will probably have a balanced team down the line, but she loves water pokemon.

Not to be confused with Misty.

Headstrong | Sarcastic | Confident | Great Listener | Honest

Those are the personality traits I'll be going for.

As far as the point system, do we accumulate more over time?
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Someone who likes Water types is always welcome, as well as the more 'mystical types' of Fairy, Dragon, and Psychic!  I'm liking the character you're going for so far.

As for the points, they're more of a limiter for the start of the game.  They provide everyone with options so they can have some of their favorite Pokemon, but prevent everyone from choosing only the strongest.

As for Greninja, that would be six points, but a Marshtomp and Froakie would would be a pretty nice start!  I'm still building my character idea, but I plan for him to have an Amaura.  I love Aurorus.  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Yeah - I really think I'm going to end up getting a Dragon in the near future - definitely.

Whats your stance on mega-evolution?
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 10:31:56 AM
Yeah - I really think I'm going to end up getting a Dragon in the near future - definitely.
Well, you're certainly free to do so!  Remember, in this game, I want you to have Pokemon you like.  If you wanted an eventual team of Clefable, Luvdisk, Noctowl, Breloom, Kingdra, and a Haunter that refuses to evolve into Gengar, then you are free to do so.  It's not about choosing the most powerful team possible.  Go with type themes (Water or Psychic for example), body-style themes (serpents like Gyarados and Seviper), Regional themes (gen 1 Pokemon only), and anything and everything between.
Whats your stance on mega-evolution?
Mega Evolutions are allowed, but will be limited as it is one of the four types of Pokemon that almost everyone will want to have:
Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited:  Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions.  Here's why:

- Pseudo-Legendaries:  Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve;  Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon:  Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions.  As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils:  Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare.  While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists.  As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them.  While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer.  I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones:  Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve.  Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.

As such, no Mega Evolutions at the start, but that doesn't mean you can't have it.  If you want to have a Pokemon that will eventually Mega Evolve, then I won't stop you.  I just don't want everyone having that as that is a very easy panic button.  Megas require three parts:  a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, a Mega Stone, and a Key Stone.  So, that can be an adventure all on its own, obtaining those three parts and the bond between trainer and Pokemon.  Just bear in mind that if a bad person or group finds out that information, it may make things difficult at some point in that character's future as they may be robbed or attacked.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Awesome! I'll draw up a character and have her posted after work tonight or tomorrow! :3
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Great!  I can't wait to see what you cook up!  If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them here or via PM.

I'll see if I might get my character written up at some point today.  With that, we'll just need four more people willing and crazy enough to take on this adventure.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Name:  Koga Nakamura
Orientation:  Straight
Home Region: Sinnoh
Team:

• Amaura:  Koga's first Pokemon, Amaura's fossil was discovered by him as a child while exploring the Iron Islands.  After revival, Amaura proved to have a caring nature and highly protective of her trainer.  Though not Koga's strongest Pokemon in terms of sheer brute force, it shouldn't be underestimated in battle.
  • Golett:  Koga came across Golett while traveling through Mt. Coronet where it was being harassed by a swarm of Zubat.  After saving it, Golett started following Koga around until it decided to join him.  Golett is, by far, Koga's strongest Pokemon physically, but isn't good at doing delicate things.  It can often be seen staring at the sky and climbing high.
  • Piplup:  Piplup is small, but is arrogant and prideful and rarely backs down from a challenge, pushing itself to near collapse to prove itself.  Koga came across this little powerhouse when it kept trying to defeat a Tangrowth in the Great Marsh to no avail.  Koga helped the little Pokemon and eventually it joined him.
Personality:  Koga sees himself as an explorer, often taking the less traveled road just to see where it takes him.  He's tough, but not without compassion.  He tends to tackle problems head-on more times than not, but is usually more cautious when he battles.  Koga tends to prefer the Rock, Steel, and Ground types over the others and isn't too fond of Fire types.  Overall, Koga is the kind of person you can depend on when things get dangerous.

Biography:  Though Koga was born in Oreburg City, he spent a lot of his childhood Canalave City with his uncle Byron.  His father was Roark, but he never knew his mother.  His mother died when he was young due to a sickness that came with sudden intensity.  It was because of this that he spent a lot of time with his uncle.  When he was old enough, Byron took him to the Iron Islands, which used to be a mine, but was now a habitat for the various Pokemon that lived there.  It was on one of those expeditions that he found a Sail Fossil, which was extremely rare in Sinnoh.

When he returned home in Oreburg, he and his father revived the Amaura.  After a couple of years, he decided that it was time to be a true Pokemon Trainer and begin exploring.  So, at the usual age of 10, Koga set out with his Amaura to explore the world.  Over the next few years, Koga had traveled to all but the most northern regions of Sinnoh.  At 15, while trying to navigate his way through Mt. Coronet, he came across a swarm of Zubat attacking a Golett every time it poked its head from behind some rocks.  A few well-placed Icy Winds and Aurora Beams later and the flock was scattered, allowing the Golett to escape into the darkness of the cave.  Over the next couple of years, Koga and Amaura noticed that that same Golett seemed to be following them, but it always ran and hid whenever they tried to get too close.  It wasn't until he was 18 and training to take on the  Eterna City Gym Leader, Gardenia, that the Golett decided that it wanted to join in.  The battle against the Automaton Pokemon was one of their toughest as the Golett proved to be stronger than it looked.  It knew strong attacks, such as Fire Punch and Shadow Punch but it eventually allowed itself to be caught.

Despite the type disadvantage, Amaura's ice attacks and Golett's sheer strength proved to be just what Koga needed to triumph over Gardenia.  With a badge under his belt, Koga made his way down to the more southern parts of Sinnoh.  Soon, he found himself in Pastoria City where they decided to try their hand at battling Crasher Wake.  However, the Gym Leader proved far too strong for them and easily defeated them without having a single Pokemon faint.  So, Koga decided to check out the Great Marsh, where he found a Piplup in a battle against a Tangrowth that wanted Piplup's area by a lake.  Piplup kept attacking, but was always knocked away with ease.  After Amaura's insistence, Koga helped the smaller Pokemon and then convinced it to join him.

Not long after his 19th birthday, Koga received a letter from his father telling him of a new league that recently opened in a region that was torn by a war a few years back.  Because Koga was always looking for adventure, Roark thought that this would be a grand opportunity for him.  So, with a little extra money in his pocket, Koga took the boat to Kanto where he boarded the ship to Tokai....

Bag Contents:  Koga's pack contains: 1x sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, about 10ft of rope, a few ration bars and some packs of dried fruits, and a water bottle with a build-in purifier.
Ons/Offs: Located Here

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Hmmm....this might just be something I would be interested in.  Lemme take a bit of time to think on it, see if I can come up with an OC and a team that could work with the guidelines given.

King Serperior

Hey there, Edward!

No rush at all.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Can't wait to see what you might have concept-wise.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

My main questions probably would more involve what Pokemon I might want fall under what point category ^^;  I admittedly have not really kept track of which ones are psuedo legendaries and which ones aren't, for example.

So I guess if you don't mind, maybe just let me know what point count Zorua, Houndour, and Scyther might be?  I'm already considering Gible and either Tynamo or Beldum as potentials, (among maybe a handful of others) but I needa know if any of those ones I am asking about might fit in a 2 point category Pokemon >.<

King Serperior

That's no problem at all.  Not everyone quite keeps up with Pokemon throughout every generation.  So, to answer your question about those Pokemon:

Two Points:  Zorua, Houndour, and Tynamo.
Four Points:  Gible and Beldum are Psudo-Legendaries, so they would be in this category.  I would arguably say that Scyther by itself is strong enough to count as 4 points worthy.

If you have questions about other Pokemon, don't be afraid to ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Oh!  I must have missed where Beldum was listed in that category >.< herp-a-derp.

Thinking about it, I might just go with Zorua, Tynamo, and Zubat as a startoff point.  Now to see what sort of concept I can whip up for an OC...

Edit: Thinking about it though, I have become curious.  Will we be afforded a chance to choose what Pokemon get added to our team, or will that be basically randomly determined?

King Serperior

Those three are an interesting selection!  Not a combination I ever expected, haha!

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 06:20:26 PM
Edit: Thinking about it though, I have become curious.  Will we be afforded a chance to choose what Pokemon get added to our team, or will that be basically randomly determined?
You can choose what other Pokemon your character gets in the future.  Of course, depending on the Pokemon, it may be some time before your character gets to it since some Pokemon can only be found in certain regions (Snover in icy areas or Paris in deep, dark woods/jungles).  If you ever wonder where some Pokemon can be located, just ask.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

XD What can I say, I'm kind of an unusual guy lol.  I'm a bit weird in picking and choosing Pokemon teams, but I tend to try and keep things balanced type-wise.  (already, it's actually a fairly decent spread in my opinion with just those three)  Though I sometimes will double or even triple up on dark types, what with it being my favorite typing of them all...

Also, good to know we get the option to choose future pokemon ^^  I'll have to keep that in mind as things go on, and heavily consider what I want the full team to look like.

King Serperior

And unusual preferences are always accepted!  I'm going for a theme of hardiness for Koga's team.  Rather than brute power, it's more about being tough to put down.  I have some ideas for the rest of his team.  That said, if you wish to double or triple up on Dark types, feel free.  You can go for mono-dark if that is your desire!  This will be played more anime-like in terms of battles, so just because a Pokemon is 4x weak to fire doesn't mean it cannot win against a fire type!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Duly noted!  I don't really have a theme in mind, but we'll have to see where my whims take me.  :P

King Serperior

And that's perfectly fine too!  I have no true plans for Koga's team in the future, but as long as you enjoy the character and team, you can have just about anything.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

*grabs a Darkrai*

XD Kidding, kidding

Edit: So do we post profiles here for approval, or PM them to you for review/modifications-as-needed?

King Serperior

*Hands Edward a Darkria plushie*  One free Darkria.

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 07:41:18 PM
Edit: So do we post profiles here for approval, or PM them to you for review/modifications-as-needed?

Either or, it doesn't matter.  Though, if you post it here, it will give other interested players a chance to take a look at what characters others have.  Once I have at least three other profiles approved, I'll make an OOC and Character Thread.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace