Pokemon: Path of Destiny (Dark, realistic take on the series; 1 space left!)

Started by King Serperior, June 06, 2016, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Game Notes and Rules

- This game will take place in the non-canon Tokai Region.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- As Sun and Moon are NOT out yet, please refrain from asking about the new Gen 7 Pokemon, moves, abilities, or items.  I will include them when the game comes out and I have played through it myself.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done.
- This will be a loosely guided freeform game with the plot moving forward via story events.
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me.  If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- This will not be a superfast game.  I will try for once-a-week posts, but it may be a little slower than that.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game.  Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game.  I would like this to be mostly story based.  As such, character genders don't matter.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans.  I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings.
- I only plan on taking five trainers with me on this adventure.  As such, though character gender doesn't matter, it is nice to have an even pairing of males and females.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake (Note:  Though it is preferred, it's NOT required) and have an O/Os thread (The matrix is nice, but having an actual thread would be much preferred).

So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this world.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, coastal, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Character Sheets:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 17-21)
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting;  However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often, so don't worry too much about this.)
[b]Home Region:[/b] (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos)
[b]Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building;  Explained below)
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Just a few sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b]  (Just a paragraph or two;  I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that;  However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough)
[b]Bag Contents:[/b]  (The contents of the bag will be subject to GM approval, however, the standard for trainers are: a sleeping back and/or small tent, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, and a few extra items)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread)

Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining.  This game is about following the journeys of six relatively new trainers in a new, strange region.  It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that.  They certainly won't have any badges in this region.  So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.

Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team.  However, there are some restrictions on this.  It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean.  So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:

As you noticed in the character sheet, each trainer has six 'points' that allows them to have anywhere from one to three Pokemon.  Each Pokemon has a certain 'price,' but don't let that confuse you.  Here's the 'prices:'

- 2 Points:  Includes most First Stage Pokemon (Ex. Charmander, Wurmple, and Yamask) and all Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pichu, Budew, and Cleffa).
- 4 Points:  Includes most Single Stage Pokemon, Fully-Evolved Early Bug-Type Pokemon (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim (No one wants a Combee any of their other first stages!)), Gyarados/Milotic (No one really wants a Magikarp/Feebas, do they?), Evolved forms of Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pikachu, Magmar, and Marill), Eeveelutions (Ex. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon), Most Middle-Stage Pokemon (Ex. Gloom, Marshtomp, and Tranquill) and First Stage Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon (Ex. Bagon, Beldum, and Dratini).
- 6 Points:  Includes Middle-Stage Pseudo-Legendaries (Ex. Pupitar, Sliggoo, and Zweilous) and Most Fully-Evolved Pokemon (Ex. Cinccino, Skuntank, and Blastoise)

You do NOT have to use all six points.  If you want a brand new trainer with just a Chimchar, feel free!  That's just 2 points and one Pokemon, but if it suits your character, do it!  Just the same, you could use all six points and get a Shellder, Bidoof, and an Eevee.  Just pick what Pokemon you feel that you want and works well with the character you have in mind!

Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited:  Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions.  Here's why:

- Pseudo-Legendaries:  Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve;  Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon:  Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions.  As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils:  Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare.  While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists.  As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them.  While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer.  I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones:  Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve.  Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.

It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

King Serperior

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

la dame en noir

I love pokemon
so much
So much that I bought the 20th anniversary 3DS. So much that I preorder Sun and Moon the second it was announced.

Like...

I need this in my life.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

*nodnod*  I am the same way and Sun and Moon have my Pokemon needs on high levels now.  <3

I haven't yet preordered, but I plan to closer to the release date.

That said, do you have any concepts for your character?  Any questions of any kind?  Do note that not every character should focus on Gyms as there are trainers that just want to do contests, explore, and do other things that interest them, so don't feel limited!   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Gyms and contests are usually the kind of character I go for. I'm trying to figure out a good starter for my character. Probably going with Marshtomp or Greninja OR I JUST MIGHT TAKE MUDKIP AND FROAKIE! :3. So more than likely - I will have a trainer that mainly focuses in Water and maybe Psychic, Fairy, and Dragon. She will probably have a balanced team down the line, but she loves water pokemon.

Not to be confused with Misty.

Headstrong | Sarcastic | Confident | Great Listener | Honest

Those are the personality traits I'll be going for.

As far as the point system, do we accumulate more over time?
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Someone who likes Water types is always welcome, as well as the more 'mystical types' of Fairy, Dragon, and Psychic!  I'm liking the character you're going for so far.

As for the points, they're more of a limiter for the start of the game.  They provide everyone with options so they can have some of their favorite Pokemon, but prevent everyone from choosing only the strongest.

As for Greninja, that would be six points, but a Marshtomp and Froakie would would be a pretty nice start!  I'm still building my character idea, but I plan for him to have an Amaura.  I love Aurorus.  <3

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Yeah - I really think I'm going to end up getting a Dragon in the near future - definitely.

Whats your stance on mega-evolution?
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 10:31:56 AM
Yeah - I really think I'm going to end up getting a Dragon in the near future - definitely.
Well, you're certainly free to do so!  Remember, in this game, I want you to have Pokemon you like.  If you wanted an eventual team of Clefable, Luvdisk, Noctowl, Breloom, Kingdra, and a Haunter that refuses to evolve into Gengar, then you are free to do so.  It's not about choosing the most powerful team possible.  Go with type themes (Water or Psychic for example), body-style themes (serpents like Gyarados and Seviper), Regional themes (gen 1 Pokemon only), and anything and everything between.
Whats your stance on mega-evolution?
Mega Evolutions are allowed, but will be limited as it is one of the four types of Pokemon that almost everyone will want to have:
Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited:  Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions.  Here's why:

- Pseudo-Legendaries:  Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve;  Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon:  Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions.  As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils:  Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare.  While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists.  As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them.  While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer.  I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones:  Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve.  Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.

As such, no Mega Evolutions at the start, but that doesn't mean you can't have it.  If you want to have a Pokemon that will eventually Mega Evolve, then I won't stop you.  I just don't want everyone having that as that is a very easy panic button.  Megas require three parts:  a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, a Mega Stone, and a Key Stone.  So, that can be an adventure all on its own, obtaining those three parts and the bond between trainer and Pokemon.  Just bear in mind that if a bad person or group finds out that information, it may make things difficult at some point in that character's future as they may be robbed or attacked.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Awesome! I'll draw up a character and have her posted after work tonight or tomorrow! :3
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Great!  I can't wait to see what you cook up!  If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them here or via PM.

I'll see if I might get my character written up at some point today.  With that, we'll just need four more people willing and crazy enough to take on this adventure.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Name:  Koga Nakamura
Orientation:  Straight
Home Region: Sinnoh
Team:

• Amaura:  Koga's first Pokemon, Amaura's fossil was discovered by him as a child while exploring the Iron Islands.  After revival, Amaura proved to have a caring nature and highly protective of her trainer.  Though not Koga's strongest Pokemon in terms of sheer brute force, it shouldn't be underestimated in battle.
  • Golett:  Koga came across Golett while traveling through Mt. Coronet where it was being harassed by a swarm of Zubat.  After saving it, Golett started following Koga around until it decided to join him.  Golett is, by far, Koga's strongest Pokemon physically, but isn't good at doing delicate things.  It can often be seen staring at the sky and climbing high.
  • Piplup:  Piplup is small, but is arrogant and prideful and rarely backs down from a challenge, pushing itself to near collapse to prove itself.  Koga came across this little powerhouse when it kept trying to defeat a Tangrowth in the Great Marsh to no avail.  Koga helped the little Pokemon and eventually it joined him.
Personality:  Koga sees himself as an explorer, often taking the less traveled road just to see where it takes him.  He's tough, but not without compassion.  He tends to tackle problems head-on more times than not, but is usually more cautious when he battles.  Koga tends to prefer the Rock, Steel, and Ground types over the others and isn't too fond of Fire types.  Overall, Koga is the kind of person you can depend on when things get dangerous.

Biography:  Though Koga was born in Oreburg City, he spent a lot of his childhood Canalave City with his uncle Byron.  His father was Roark, but he never knew his mother.  His mother died when he was young due to a sickness that came with sudden intensity.  It was because of this that he spent a lot of time with his uncle.  When he was old enough, Byron took him to the Iron Islands, which used to be a mine, but was now a habitat for the various Pokemon that lived there.  It was on one of those expeditions that he found a Sail Fossil, which was extremely rare in Sinnoh.

When he returned home in Oreburg, he and his father revived the Amaura.  After a couple of years, he decided that it was time to be a true Pokemon Trainer and begin exploring.  So, at the usual age of 10, Koga set out with his Amaura to explore the world.  Over the next few years, Koga had traveled to all but the most northern regions of Sinnoh.  At 15, while trying to navigate his way through Mt. Coronet, he came across a swarm of Zubat attacking a Golett every time it poked its head from behind some rocks.  A few well-placed Icy Winds and Aurora Beams later and the flock was scattered, allowing the Golett to escape into the darkness of the cave.  Over the next couple of years, Koga and Amaura noticed that that same Golett seemed to be following them, but it always ran and hid whenever they tried to get too close.  It wasn't until he was 18 and training to take on the  Eterna City Gym Leader, Gardenia, that the Golett decided that it wanted to join in.  The battle against the Automaton Pokemon was one of their toughest as the Golett proved to be stronger than it looked.  It knew strong attacks, such as Fire Punch and Shadow Punch but it eventually allowed itself to be caught.

Despite the type disadvantage, Amaura's ice attacks and Golett's sheer strength proved to be just what Koga needed to triumph over Gardenia.  With a badge under his belt, Koga made his way down to the more southern parts of Sinnoh.  Soon, he found himself in Pastoria City where they decided to try their hand at battling Crasher Wake.  However, the Gym Leader proved far too strong for them and easily defeated them without having a single Pokemon faint.  So, Koga decided to check out the Great Marsh, where he found a Piplup in a battle against a Tangrowth that wanted Piplup's area by a lake.  Piplup kept attacking, but was always knocked away with ease.  After Amaura's insistence, Koga helped the smaller Pokemon and then convinced it to join him.

Not long after his 19th birthday, Koga received a letter from his father telling him of a new league that recently opened in a region that was torn by a war a few years back.  Because Koga was always looking for adventure, Roark thought that this would be a grand opportunity for him.  So, with a little extra money in his pocket, Koga took the boat to Kanto where he boarded the ship to Tokai....

Bag Contents:  Koga's pack contains: 1x sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, about 10ft of rope, a few ration bars and some packs of dried fruits, and a water bottle with a build-in purifier.
Ons/Offs: Located Here

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Hmmm....this might just be something I would be interested in.  Lemme take a bit of time to think on it, see if I can come up with an OC and a team that could work with the guidelines given.

King Serperior

Hey there, Edward!

No rush at all.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Can't wait to see what you might have concept-wise.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

My main questions probably would more involve what Pokemon I might want fall under what point category ^^;  I admittedly have not really kept track of which ones are psuedo legendaries and which ones aren't, for example.

So I guess if you don't mind, maybe just let me know what point count Zorua, Houndour, and Scyther might be?  I'm already considering Gible and either Tynamo or Beldum as potentials, (among maybe a handful of others) but I needa know if any of those ones I am asking about might fit in a 2 point category Pokemon >.<

King Serperior

That's no problem at all.  Not everyone quite keeps up with Pokemon throughout every generation.  So, to answer your question about those Pokemon:

Two Points:  Zorua, Houndour, and Tynamo.
Four Points:  Gible and Beldum are Psudo-Legendaries, so they would be in this category.  I would arguably say that Scyther by itself is strong enough to count as 4 points worthy.

If you have questions about other Pokemon, don't be afraid to ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Oh!  I must have missed where Beldum was listed in that category >.< herp-a-derp.

Thinking about it, I might just go with Zorua, Tynamo, and Zubat as a startoff point.  Now to see what sort of concept I can whip up for an OC...

Edit: Thinking about it though, I have become curious.  Will we be afforded a chance to choose what Pokemon get added to our team, or will that be basically randomly determined?

King Serperior

Those three are an interesting selection!  Not a combination I ever expected, haha!

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 06:20:26 PM
Edit: Thinking about it though, I have become curious.  Will we be afforded a chance to choose what Pokemon get added to our team, or will that be basically randomly determined?
You can choose what other Pokemon your character gets in the future.  Of course, depending on the Pokemon, it may be some time before your character gets to it since some Pokemon can only be found in certain regions (Snover in icy areas or Paris in deep, dark woods/jungles).  If you ever wonder where some Pokemon can be located, just ask.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

XD What can I say, I'm kind of an unusual guy lol.  I'm a bit weird in picking and choosing Pokemon teams, but I tend to try and keep things balanced type-wise.  (already, it's actually a fairly decent spread in my opinion with just those three)  Though I sometimes will double or even triple up on dark types, what with it being my favorite typing of them all...

Also, good to know we get the option to choose future pokemon ^^  I'll have to keep that in mind as things go on, and heavily consider what I want the full team to look like.

King Serperior

And unusual preferences are always accepted!  I'm going for a theme of hardiness for Koga's team.  Rather than brute power, it's more about being tough to put down.  I have some ideas for the rest of his team.  That said, if you wish to double or triple up on Dark types, feel free.  You can go for mono-dark if that is your desire!  This will be played more anime-like in terms of battles, so just because a Pokemon is 4x weak to fire doesn't mean it cannot win against a fire type!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Duly noted!  I don't really have a theme in mind, but we'll have to see where my whims take me.  :P

King Serperior

And that's perfectly fine too!  I have no true plans for Koga's team in the future, but as long as you enjoy the character and team, you can have just about anything.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

*grabs a Darkrai*

XD Kidding, kidding

Edit: So do we post profiles here for approval, or PM them to you for review/modifications-as-needed?

King Serperior

*Hands Edward a Darkria plushie*  One free Darkria.

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 07:41:18 PM
Edit: So do we post profiles here for approval, or PM them to you for review/modifications-as-needed?

Either or, it doesn't matter.  Though, if you post it here, it will give other interested players a chance to take a look at what characters others have.  Once I have at least three other profiles approved, I'll make an OOC and Character Thread.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 08:36:31 PM
*Hands Edward a Darkria plushie*  One free Darkria.

Either or, it doesn't matter.  Though, if you post it here, it will give other interested players a chance to take a look at what characters others have.  Once I have at least three other profiles approved, I'll make an OOC and Character Thread.

8D *happily accepts plushie of his all time favorite legendary that is unlikely to ever change anytime soon*

I'll post her up when I finish filling everything out, then.  Hopefully I won't need to make too many edits...

Wispyr

I... You... Why... I...

Dammit. I just told myself: "You know Wispyr, this new game of yours is so huge, I don't think you can do anything else. But that's okay." And then you have to go and launch something that I've been looking for since I joined Elliquiy. I can't even begin to describe my levels of joyous frustration at you.

I simply can not pass this by. It can not be. I must.

So with that note, before I go on filling out this sheet (I get to use art I commissioned ages ago but have not used since I got it... Holy crap.. o.O) I need to ask about your "Only trainers" ruling. Not that I don't plan to be a trainer... But traditionally this character is run as a breeder first, trainer second. I don't know if you want to get involved in all of that, and if not that's totally fine it isn't needed. Just... A dream :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Wispyr on June 06, 2016, 08:42:36 PM
I... You... Why... I...

Dammit. I just told myself: "You know Wispyr, this new game of yours is so huge, I don't think you can do anything else. But that's okay." And then you have to go and launch something that I've been looking for since I joined Elliquiy. I can't even begin to describe my levels of joyous frustration at you.
I'm...sorry?  But not actually sorry?  >.>
I simply can not pass this by. It can not be. I must.
Glad to have you with us!
So with that note, before I go on filling out this sheet (I get to use art I commissioned ages ago but have not used since I got it... Holy crap.. o.O) I need to ask about your "Only trainers" ruling. Not that I don't plan to be a trainer... But traditionally this character is run as a breeder first, trainer second. I don't know if you want to get involved in all of that, and if not that's totally fine it isn't needed. Just... A dream :P
You had some commissioned art?  Wow!  That's something I hope to one day have the spare money to have one made for me for this kind of game!

That said, by 'Trainer' I mean someone who has Pokemon companions and travels the region to follow their dream, be it exploring, taking on Gym Challenges, being a breeder, or engaging in Contests.  So, a Pokemon breeder is perfect!  After all, in this rather violent, realistic setting where Pokemon can be seriously injured and even die, a Pokemon Breeder would have the medical knowledge to help them.

So, in that case, do you have any other questions?  Besides being a breeder, do you have an idea about your character and their Pokemon?  Remember, you can have between one and three.  If you wanted to start with just a Tepig, you could.

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 08:40:17 PM
8D *happily accepts plushie of his all time favorite legendary that is unlikely to ever change anytime soon*

I'll post her up when I finish filling everything out, then.  Hopefully I won't need to make too many edits...
No problem.  Just post when you can.  By the way, I think I am most fond of the Regi-Trio as Legendaries.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

The regi trio is pretty badass, yeah.  Out of all the trios, they're probably my favorite as well.  The fact of the cool puzzles you have to go through in order to even get to them in the first place really helps my opinion.  It was like something of a throwback to the Ruins of Alph in GSC to get to them, which was one of my favorite parts of those games.

Wispyr

I do, have art I mean, actually I have several commissions done of... Numerous numbers of my characters from various games / settings. >.>

As for the team, I'm currently working on that now. Looking over some old info... So I'll get back to you on that. No other questions currently though, I think that your pointing thing makes pretty solid sense. I shall return... soonish!

*I lied, one question. Fully evolved Pokemon are 6 regardless if they are 2 stage or 3 stage evolved? IE a Marowak costs 6 the same as a Nidoking?

King Serperior

Quote from: Wispyr on June 06, 2016, 08:59:16 PM
I do, have art I mean, actually I have several commissions done of... Numerous numbers of my characters from various games / settings. >.>
That is actually pretty awesome!
As for the team, I'm currently working on that now. Looking over some old info... So I'll get back to you on that. No other questions currently though, I think that your pointing thing makes pretty solid sense. I shall return... soonish!

*I lied, one question. Fully evolved Pokemon are 6 regardless if they are 2 stage or 3 stage evolved? IE a Marowak costs 6 the same as a Nidoking?
In most cases, you would be correct.  In your example, you would be right in that Marowak and Nidoking would be 6 points.  However, there are some exceptions:

For four points, you can get Single Stage Pokemon (Ex.  Druddigon, Miltank, and Lapras), Fully-Evolved Early Bug types (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim/Wormadam;  No one seriously wants a Combee or a Weedle, right?), Gyarados/Milotic (Who seriously wants Magikarp or Feebas?), and Eeveelutions (Jolteon, Espeon, and Sylveon).

Those are the exceptions to the 6-point rule for fully evolved Pokemon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wispyr

Sweet. Good to know. Things brings up... Price check!

Ralts, Abra, Torchic. If I had to guess I'd say 2/4/4.. But I wanna confirm first.

King Serperior

Those three would add up to six, most assuredly!  Of course, do note that unless your character specially trained the Abra specifically for battle, it'll only know Teleport until it evolves.  Other than that, a fine team there!

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 08:55:32 PM
The regi trio is pretty badass, yeah.  Out of all the trios, they're probably my favorite as well.  The fact of the cool puzzles you have to go through in order to even get to them in the first place really helps my opinion.  It was like something of a throwback to the Ruins of Alph in GSC to get to them, which was one of my favorite parts of those games.
*nods*  Indeed.  I love all Pokemon puzzles....except for Gen 4's Ice Gym snowball one.  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wispyr

Reeeeealllllly. -Chin taps- Interesting. Okay! While I work all of that out... You do bring up a good thing that I didn't see (I don't think I missed it, anyway)...

How are you planning to handle moves known / level / evolution / stuff tied to general game mechanics. If players are allowed to have up to 2 badges from their home region, that'd suggest that their lineup has at least - or can have - some experience behind them.

Also abilities. Are these being used at all?

King Serperior

The way this will work is that the trainers and their Pokemon will have some experience before coming to this region.  They would have to as this region is, by far, more dangerous than the others and the League is far tougher as a result.  However, unlike the games, I plan to give a little more leeway in regards to the moves and evolution of Pokemon.  There are no levels and you aren't stuck with just four moves.  In fact, if you are feeling risky, you can even attempt to combine moves!  For example:

Let's say you have a Ponyta and you have it use Bounce to dodge an attack.  Then, while it falls, you have it use Flame Charge so it falls as a flaming meteor!  Or if you are fighting in an area with lots of water, have a Pokemon use a fire attack to create a steam screen for escape or attack.

That said, be reasonable in what sort of moves your Pokemon may know.  They won't know every move from the very start of the game.  Sure, your Rhyhorn might know Megahorn, but that doesn't mean it knows other powerful moves of the sort.  For example, my character's Golett knows Shadow Punch and Fire Punch, but it won't know every move it can learn.  Also, TMs and HMs don't exist, but make it make sense for a Pokemon to use moves.  Scyther and Heracross can carry their trainer and fly somewhere, but a Pidgey cannot despite the game saying otherwise.

Basically, it's about common sense and creativity.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Name: Rosanna Harris (goes by Rose)
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Unova
Team: Tynamo: This little electric eel is rather energetic, seemingly being incapable of holding still for any length of time.  She is usually quite friendly, but becomes fiercely aggressive towards anything or anyone obviously seeking to harm Rose or her teammates. She throws everything she has at any transgressors.
Zubat: This bat is quite alert, constantly keeping tabs on his surroundings as well as who and what is nearby.  He prefers to utilize hit and run tactics in a fight, and seems to be mistrustful of anyone who isn't Rose.  He will, however, at least seem to give those Rose trusts a chance.
Zorua: A slightly skittish little fox, Zorua is a bit shy around strangers and will generally try to hide behind Rose when unfamiliar people are around.  He also resorts to this hiding tactic if something startles him.  He won't back down from a fight if need be, but generally would rather not resort to violence unless Rose deems it necessary.  He tends to have bouts of depression whenever he feels like he fails his trainer, even if she never sees things that way.
Personality:  If Rose were to choose a single word to describe herself with, it would be 'confident.'  Other people, on the other hand, might argue that arrogant, cocky, or overconfident would fit better.  Regardless of how one might view her, she does have a strong sense of justice that might border on zealous, and will not hesitate to act on that sense if and when the need or chance arises.  She can have a bit of attitude from time to time, though she generally means well.  She certainly does want what's best for those around her, and she tends to worry more about other people than she does herself.  She also has troubles sharing her own issues with others, not desiring to have anyone worry about her.
Biography:  Rose's past was a bit of a shady one, with her having joined Team Plasma during their initial rise once she was old enough to be recruited.  It certainly didn't help that her father was one of the higher ranking members.  Not exactly as important as their lord N, Ghetsis, or any of the sages, but he had a pretty good standing within the group.  As such, she, like many of the other members of Plasma, were stunned by the defeat of N and Ghetsis' betrayal of the reason a good number of them signed on for.

On learning this, she and her father had differing views.  He remained loyal to Ghetsis, but she was repulsed by the revelations and renounced Team Plasma altogether.  Now seeing and understanding that what they had been doing was wrong all along, she gathered what stolen Pokemon she could and began trying to return them to their rightful owners.  For the most part, she managed to be successful, and readily accepted what ire came her way.  It was well deserved in her mind, though for the most part the trainers were just relieved to be reunited with their beloved Pokemon.

However, of the fifteen or so she managed to grab and try to return, there were three Pokemon she couldn't find the owners of.  After trying for a good while, she eventually tried to release them into the wild.  They all refused to leave her side.  It seemed that the Zorua, Zubat, and Tynamo had bonded with her during that time they traveled with her, and they would prove to be invaluable partners and friends.  During the second rise of Plasma, her father attempted to forcibly bring her back into Ghetsis' ranks, and she struggled to simply stay a step ahead of him and the lackeys he sent to retrieve her, barely managing to fight the ones that caught her off with her team.

These struggles led to increasing desperation on Rose's end, as it constantly felt like a trap was closing around her.  One day, though, she overheard a rumor of a new region opening up, one that had recently been ravaged by war.  Given how close the past few Plasma encounters had been, she signed up to take the first trip over there, hoping to wind up finding a new life that she didn't have to worry about her father's shadow looming over her...any other potential issues be damned, she'd take anything over being forced to work with Plasma again.
Bag Contents:  A personal tent, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a flashlight with a spare set of batteries, three day's worth of emergency rations, one and three-quarters packs of cigarettes, a lighter, and a thermos filled with water.
Ons/Offs: O/O's

King Serperior

Oh, a runaway from Team Plasma, eh?  Now that is a concept I certainly never expected!  Sadly, the organization I have in mind for Tokai's blight makes Plasma seem like a schoolyard argument.  >.>

That said, I am liking the character and I have a feeling that her experience with Plasma may be helpful in a region that is just recovering from a war.  I also really like Tynamo, though giving its all is only four moves until it evolves!  :P 

Also, you have reminded me that I need to add some food for Koga's bag as well!  Before I give the approval stamp, if I so may ask:  Would you say that she got on the boat to Tokai around the end of Plasma's second coming?  The trip from the nearest region is about two weeks.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

LSWSjr

I'll swing by with an application later today :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

EdwardShane

I'm just full of surprises today, aren't I? XD

Yeah, towards the end seems about right for what I imagined.  They're not beaten yet, but it would be closer to the end of B2/W2's timeline.  By the time she arrived in the new region, though, Ghetsis would likely have been beaten for the second time is what I feel would be the case if it's a two week trip at the very least.  Assuming, of course, that you're all right with all of that.

King Serperior

Quote from: LSWSjr on June 06, 2016, 10:19:46 PM
I'll swing by with an application later today :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
Hey!  Haven't seen you about in a while!  Glad to see some interest here.  Do you have any questions?  Perhaps a character concept in mind?

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 10:20:05 PM
I'm just full of surprises today, aren't I? XD

Yeah, towards the end seems about right for what I imagined.  They're not beaten yet, but it would be closer to the end of B2/W2's timeline.  By the time she arrived in the new region, though, Ghetsis would likely have been beaten for the second time is what I feel would be the case if it's a two week trip at the very least.  Assuming, of course, that you're all right with all of that.
That you are.  :P

*Nods*  By my estimate, she would have left only a couple of days before the BW2 protagonists were assaulted at Opelucid City when Plasma covered the city in ice.  By the time she arrives in Tokai, Plasma would have been defeated.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

EdwardShane

Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 10:30:34 PM
That you are.  :P

*Nods*  By my estimate, she would have left only a couple of days before the BW2 protagonists were assaulted at Opelucid City when Plasma covered the city in ice.  By the time she arrives in Tokai, Plasma would have been defeated.

That works for me if it works for you!

LSWSjr

Good, haven't gamed with you in forever :)

My only question was is there a 2 point Flying type that could support an adult trainer?

I'm thinking of submitting a breeder with a large flying type, an Eevee and a Shinx :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

EdwardShane

The only one I think miiiight fit that is Doduo?  But I dunno if that actually works, either for KS or for what you're looking for >.<

King Serperior

Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 10:31:52 PM
That works for me if it works for you!
Great!

Quote from: LSWSjr on June 06, 2016, 10:44:46 PM
Good, haven't gamed with you in forever :)

My only question was is there a 2 point Flying type that could support an adult trainer?

I'm thinking of submitting a breeder with a large flying type, an Eevee and a Shinx :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
Indeed!  Glad we have another chance here!

I like the idea of a second breeder.  You may want to speak with Wispyr as he's going for one as well, but two breeders are never a bad thing!

That said, a large flying type for two points.  There's not any unless you want Doduo (It and Dodrio can't fly at all, but they can jump really high so it feels like you're flying!).  For four points, you could go with a Scyther, Skarmory, Tropius, Ledian, or Vespiquen.  You could go for a Gligar for 2 points, but flight would be rather awkward and slow until it evolves.  Most other flying types who are large enough to carry someone are fully evolved, like Pidgeot or Drifblim.

Okay, once we have a couple more character profiles, I'll set up the OOC and Character Thread.

Players:

• King Serperior
  • la dame en noir (waiting on character)
  • EdwardShane
  • Wispyr (waiting on character)
  • LSWSjr (waiting on character)
  • Last Spot Open!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

EdwardShane

But...but Doduo and Dodrio can fly!*  :P

*Note, actually not arguing, just wanted to share those mental images...

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:01:33 PM
I'm EXHAUSTED! But I should have my character pretty soon.
Not to worry and no rush.  Just place your character when you're ready.   :-)
Quote from: EdwardShane on June 06, 2016, 11:03:24 PM
But...but Doduo and Dodrio can fly!*  :P

*Note, actually not arguing, just wanted to share those mental images...
I've seen those before.  Sadly, I kind of doubt that would actually work.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

What would the points be at if I go withhh

Marshtomp, Froakie, and Torchic?
A&A | FxF |

EdwardShane

I think that would be 8?

Make Marshstomp a Mudkip instead, though...

la dame en noir

Talked to him about it earlier, hes fine with me having a Marshtomp.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Its not a Swampert at least - that would take up all the points.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:17:20 PM
Talked to him about it earlier, hes fine with me having a Marshtomp.
You did?  I might have missed something there.  >.>

Marshtomp is good for 4 points as a second stage Pokemon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 11:23:32 PM
You did?  I might have missed something there.  >.>

Marshtomp is good for 4 points as a second stage Pokemon.

Rewind back to the first page :P lol Yeah

I'll probabbbllyyyy go withhhhh afjldafjdlafj;d;alfja

I love mudkip and froakie

uhh

hmm

hmmm
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:24:40 PM
Rewind back to the first page :P lol Yeah
Okay, I found what you were referring to.  This was my response:
Quote from: King Serperior on June 06, 2016, 10:27:05 AM
As for Greninja, that would be six points, but a Marshtomp and Froakie would would be a pretty nice start!  I'm still building my character idea, but I plan for him to have an Amaura.  I love Aurorus.  <3
So, a Marshtomp and Froakie would have been 6 points there.

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:25:46 PM
Okay

My final team will be Frogaider & Torchic! :3
Alrighty, those two would make for a nice team.   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

la dame en noir

Thats what I meant by "fine with marshtomp as a starting pokemon on a team"

Anyway, i had remembered I absolutely love Blaziken.
A&A | FxF |

LSWSjr

Would you consider Swanna or Togekiss capable of carrying an adult?

I could always start with an earlier stage of those two instead and they can breed with field types like Woobat who can also breed with Eevee, whilst also unlocking Fairy/Water 1 breeding :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

King Serperior

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 06, 2016, 11:29:08 PM
Thats what I meant by "fine with marshtomp as a starting pokemon on a team"

Anyway, i had remembered I absolutely love Blaziken.
And the two can start on a team, but that would be all at the beginning.

Quote from: LSWSjr on June 06, 2016, 11:31:19 PM
Would you consider Swanna or Togekiss capable of carrying an adult?

I could always start with an earlier stage of those two instead and they can breed with field types like Eevee :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
I would say that they can carry an adult.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

LSWSjr

Okay, then Kassey's team will be Eevee, Woobat and Togepi :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

LSWSjr

Name:  Kassey LeHane
Orientation:  Bisexual
Home Region:  Unova
Team:

• Eevee:  Unlike Kassey's other two Pokemon, Eevee has been with her for several years and was raised by the redhead from the time she hatched.  Eevee is very protective of her mistress, despite her small size, and prefers to ride on Kassey's shoulders rather than in her Pokeball.  The result of generations of patient breeding, this Eevee displays a fine silky coat and is physically superior to most other Eevee its age that they've encountered recently.
  • Togepi:  A gift from Kassey's mother, this Togepi is still quite young but has already proven herself in the few doubles battles they've joined.  Like most baby Pokemon, Togepi has only a limited awareness of hazards and must be watched over if allowed to roam freely.  In truth, Kassey would rather she stay infantile, but knows it can't last forever.
  • Woobat:  The first and only Pokemon Kassey has ever caught, after startling the breeder from his hiding place among the rafters of her family's barn.  Since then he's proven useful delivering messages between her and her other family members; and the heart nosed flyer has also displayed some proficiency in hunting, but he's yet to be tested in battle.
Personality:  Kassey can best be described as patient and hard working, used to early mornings and long days on her parent's farm.  The redhead can be quite stubborn, even to her detriment at times and is hard to pull away from a task once she's started.  Possessed of a strong maternal instinct, Kassey is willing to devote months of her young life to rearing juvenile Pokemon, ensuring their needs are catered to and that they hit their developmental milestones.  Her caring nature also extends to her family and friends, though she is quite unforgiving of those who exploit her generosity or who expect her to do their work for them.

Biography:  Born the eldest of seven in the town of Floccesy, Kassey spent her childhood mucking out stalls, incubating eggs, building fences and toiling at the other jobs of a farm hand.  Locally, the LeHanes were known for their intense feud with Travon Tokuzō over control of the surrounding pastoral land, though beyond the occasional drought their lives were reasonably free of hardship.
As she grew, her parents noticed that their firstborn had a natural talent for diagnosing and treating the ailments of the town's Pokemon, just like her grandfather Doctor Hermès LeHane, one of the many Pokemon experts assigned to the Tokai Region.  With the blessing of her parents Kassey set sail to join her grandfather, on the day of her twenty first birthday, leaving behind the only life she'd ever known for a new land of discovery and adventure.

Bag Contents:  A sleeping backpack, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a week's dehydrated rations, a filtered water bottle, and a research journal.
Ons/Offs:  I know it's just the lame default, but I'm an easy going guy.

Wispyr

Since we seem to be extra female-character heavy, and someone else wanted the idea I had... I decided to change it up a bit.

Name: Cecil Yew
Orientation: Heterosexual
Home Region: Johto

Personality: If there was a single word that could summarize him, it would be passionate. He brings an energy to everything it does, and it's an energy that never quite seems to run out. Cecil is an outgoing individual who loves to be out doors. Very studious, Cecil is someone who likes to have a plan and consider his options before acting; this makes him a very strategic trainer who thinks about the long term picture rather then flashy in the moment moves.

Biography: Cecil was born to Professor Hope Yew; while not as globally recognized as her colleagues, Professor Yew is perhaps the leading authority on Pokemon migration patterns. Having devoted her life to studying how Pokemon have circulated around the globe to the various regions. Cecil was raised somewhere between lab work and wild adventures tracking Pokemon movements. It was only natural that as he got older and learned more about what his mother was doing that he wanted to help and follow in her footsteps. From the time Cecil could read he was studying charts, memorizing the Pokemon of the world and how they liked to live. After he was given his own Pokemon at age 13, Cecil's focus started to wane from what his mother was following - but like any good parent, who wanted to see their child succeed, she empowered him to follow what called to him. After a discussion and some strings pulled, Cecil was shipped off to the Kanto region to study with the famous Professor Oak for two years. Cecil's calling became Pokemon behavioral science, being able to read into what Pokemon are thinking, feeling and need. As something of an extension of Oak's own field - the relationship between Pokemon and humans - it was only natural that he start his own journey by learning from the master on the subject.

By the time Cecil returned home, he was already well on his way to becoming a recognized authority - something he hopes one day he'll become. His time spent with Oak had turned him into nearly a walking, talking, breathing Pokedex. This trip home, Cecil brushed up on the research his mother had been doing while he was gone. It was little more then a pit stop on his journey as he was then shipped off to be an assistant to Professor Birch of the Hoenn region; like Oak, Cecil spent two years with Birch learning all he could absorb about his study into Pokemon habitats. With the combination of knowledge from the three professors, Cecil was firmly grounded on his path on understanding Pokemon; not just how they acted, but why they acted the way they did. Being able to see the true needs of a Pokemon and why they needed it.

After his time with Birch, Cecil spent his time traveling the regions - primarily Kanto & Johto, but he did spend some extra time in Hoenn - and helping others better understand their Pokemon and what they need. In his travels Cecil has become a fairly adept trainer, using his knowledge and understanding of Pokemon to guide him to numerous victories. Despite all of this, because his travels have taken him all over the place Cecil has never under gone a true Gym challenge and never earned official Pokemon League Badge from any region that he has been in. As something of a Pokemon whisperer, and the closest thing to an authority of Pokemon that isn't bogged down by their work, Cecil was invited to the Tokai region - an invitation that he was all too eager to accept.

Bag Contents: Sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, Pokemon Food, Digital sketch pad, Watch with voice recorder and high pixel count camera, Trail rations (3 days),
Ons/Offs: Player O/O's.

Team

Sneasel

Misdreavus

Ralts
Male : Hasty

Female : Lax

Female : Modest
Determined, Loyal, Resourceful

Playful, Curious, Energetic

Focused, Patient, Strategic
Rash, Unfocused, Prideful

Absent-minded, Distractable, Emotional

Shy, Unsure, Distant

Sneasel: Gifted - Sneasel was Cecil's first Pokemon, gifted to him by his mother.
Misdreavus: Caught - Misdreavus was Cecil's first solo-catch, found on Mt. Silver. Misdreavus was beaten by Cecil's Sneasel.
Ralts: Caught - Ralts was captured near Petalburg city during a trip to the Hoenn region. Under attack by a bigger Ralts, Cecil defended this one with Misdreavus and befriended it.

King Serperior

@LSW:  Everything looks good to me. 

@Wispyr:  It all looks good, but I have a couple of notes to point out:
- This Professor Yew is, I would assume, Professor Elm's assistant?
- Be careful with the 'walking pokedex' aspect.  I don't mind if his goal is to become a Professor, but at his age, he has quite a way to go unless he is a prodigy like Elm.
- You don't have to worry about Pokemon natures in this game.  It's not like the games and more along the lines of the anime.

Quote from: Relikai on June 07, 2016, 05:51:38 AM
Is this still open?
I think there's still one spot left open if you want to work something out.  Do you have any questions?  Did you have a character concept in mind?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

Admittedly my Pokedex is limited to 1st Gen (RBY) Pokemon, but I can RP a novice trainer from the Kanto Region who just got his Boulder Badge before he lost his Butterfree in a preceeding event.

I'm planning to start with a Dratini, Magikarp and a Pidgey.

King Serperior

Hmmm, having just Gen 1 knowledge might make things rather difficult.  In this sort of game, I generally prefer someone to have somewhat more extensive knowledge about the 6 (soon to be 7, but we'll worry about that much later) generations.

That said, a Dratini is a 4-pointer and the other two are 2-pointers.

Okay, the Character Thread and OOC are now up!  EdwardShane, Wispyr (after you've answered the points I made), and LSWSjr, go ahead and post your characters and pop into the OOC.  There's some important posting rules in the OOC's first post.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

I see. I can update myself as the RP progresses, something like Ash in the anime where he picks up knowledge with experience.

Alright. A Dratini and a Magikarp would be fine :)

King Serperior

I'm still not sure that would be the best as you'll be bombarded with Pokemon from later generations from the very start.  It might become overwhelming.  I don't think this is the game for you at the moment.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

Works, perhaps it'll be better to get someone more experienced. Thanks for considering tho!

la dame en noir

Okay, so

I'm going to let this game go (even though its been my E wish to do Pokemon and roleplay with you cause you're awesome). My reason, being, I've gotta really focus on my group game and get them going. Plus, I'm stupid stressed, have a convention coming up that I need to finish the cosplay for.
A&A | FxF |

King Serperior

Quote from: Relikai on June 07, 2016, 10:26:10 AM
Works, perhaps it'll be better to get someone more experienced. Thanks for considering tho!
I'm sorry that this wasn't what you would prefer, but I didn't want you to feel lost and having to learn on the fly.

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 07, 2016, 10:30:50 AM
Okay, so

I'm going to let this game go (even though its been my E wish to do Pokemon and roleplay with you cause you're awesome). My reason, being, I've gotta really focus on my group game and get them going. Plus, I'm stupid stressed, have a convention coming up that I need to finish the cosplay for.
Aww, well, I am sorry to see you go, but I understand.  Maybe another time.  *hugs*  Good luck!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Relikai

King Serperior

Thanks!

Looks like there are now two open places left if anyone is interested!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Hey, didn't know you were starting this back up! O.o I'll join in with my old character.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

Hey, Aiden!  My apologies for not sending out a message.  It's been a week and a few things have slipped by me.  >.<

Feel free to bring her back up and make any updates you might want!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AidenWhite

Name: Yuli Andou
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Johto
Team:
1) Charmander (Shiny, Male): Feisty and adventurous, Charmander loves testing his own abilities in battle and victory. Despite all that, he is really attached to Yuli and growls at anyone who approaches her. He was Yuli's first Pokemon.
2) Deino (Female): Given to Yuli as a parting gift from her father before leaving Blackthorn City and heading towards Tokai. Yuli and Deino haven't been together long enough to bond, but they seen to get along well enough.

Personality:  Yuli is a solemn individual, keeping only to herself and her Pokemon. She is self-sufficient and does not need to rely on others for help. Yuli is quite strong despite being only 5'4'' and not only physically strong but mentally strong. Due to her circumstances, she had never the time or chance to make friends, so she might seem a little awkward although not really meaning to. Her manner of dress is conservative, just like her mannerisms and behavior, with loose fitted shirts that don't stand out with baggy pants.

Biography:  Yuli's older sister is Ibuki (Claire) the gym leader of Blackthorn City in the Johto region and her cousin is Lance, the dragon-user of the Elite Four. Yuli, along with Ibuki, tended to the Dragon's Den. Yuli trained all of her life in the Dragon's Den, from the age of 6 until she was 16 with Charmander. Then, getting permission from her sister and the Master of the Dragon's Den, Yuli was allowed to leave Blackthorn City and travel around the Johto region. Her adventures eventually took her to the Safari Zone near Cianwood City, where she challenged the Fighting-type gym leader, Shijima (Chuck), and won with ease with just her Charmander. Shijima was surprised by her decisiveness in battle and how fast Charmander reacted to her directions. Shijima directed her to the Safari Zone nearby and Yuli's interest was piqued. The Safari Zone was filled with amazing Pokemon, but she had her hands full already with just Charmander, so she decided to forego catching anymore and instead just took notes. Then, Yuli's travels took her to Goldenrod City and took on the Normal-type gym leader, Akane (Whitney). With impressive performances from  Charmander, Yuli won the Plain Badge.

Shortly after, a message was sent to her from Ibuki, asking her to return immediately to Blackthorn City. News came that there was new region discovered and that they'd like to send someone to see if there were any unknown Dragon-type Pokemon and the Master, as well as Ibuki, nominated Yuli for this task. Yuli agreed to this and before leaving, Ibuki gave to her another Pokemon, Deino, a powerful dragon-type Pokemon, before she left on her boat to Tokai.
Bag Contents: A sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a map and a handkerchief from her sister.
Ons/Offs: In signature

Not sure if your policy on shiny Pokemon have changed at all from the other iterations but if it's an issue, I'm not against changing it ^^
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

King Serperior

I have no issues with Yuli having a shiny Charmander at all!  Consider her accepted and feel free to post her in the Character Thread and drop by the  OOC to say hi!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wispyr

Ugh... After some further consideration, I think I'm going to pull back from this. Apologies, I hope it gets running and goes well. I'll be sending a couple people I know who are interested in this sort of thing this way.

G'luck 'n happy writing all.

King Serperior

Quote from: Wispyr on June 07, 2016, 11:38:00 PM
Ugh... After some further consideration, I think I'm going to pull back from this. Apologies, I hope it gets running and goes well. I'll be sending a couple people I know who are interested in this sort of thing this way.

G'luck 'n happy writing all.
Sorry to see you go, Wispyr.  I wish you luck in your games.  Thanks for offering to send a couple of people over to take a peek.   :-)

Alright, there are now two open spaces left!  We have one male and three female characters if anyone is interested in knowing.  If anyone has questions, please don't be afraid to ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

aorangi3

Here is my interest post

Name:Noah Knaught
Orientation: Hetero
Home Region: Kanto- Hometown-Saffron
Team: Volgia (Arcanine)- Nickname: Volg. Tough, proud, and loyal are what designates this fast friend. Never the one to waver, regardless of opponent. Do not look him in the eyes as he views it as a sign of aggression and a show of dominance. Otherwise friendly when spoken to on the same ground level. Meaning that Volgia knows the different tones that humans can make and can understand when it's being talked down to... Don't do that. Very protective of Noah and childhood friend. Has a fierce appearance due to the many attacks it has suffered both in and out of battling other pokemon.
Personality:  A quiet calm person. Noah typically takes in his surroundings before he enacts on a decision. The logical sort of person that likes to plan ahead. Very confident in his choices when he makes them. However, he does possess a neutral personality, wavering between black and white when it suits him. Though when it comes to his friend Volg, there is never any question of loyalty or integrity. Other than Volg, Noah rarely lets anyone be privy to his internal thoughts and sometimes seems very quiet in company. Often he will separate himself from others for the simple sake of privacy. He however, is interested in information and will always listen closely or watch as events unfold. Though he has a sense of humor when it can be pried.
Biography: Living in the melting pot Saffron City, Noah spent most of his life as a orphan among the busy atmosphere. For most of his life he was among the beggars of the city, begging for a better life. Though he never truly attended school, he was usually curious and found himself overhearing lectures and typical understanding of society. Though still very unsure of the world before him, he used what knowledge he had to become a information broker as a young child. Sometimes this would get him into trouble but for the most part, a small adolescent was overlooked with the added understanding that he lived the the life of the street. It was during this time that he had found a Growlithe that lay injured near a dumpster, the only indication that he had a owner was the big red letter R on the collar. Scars would be noticeable along with missing patches of fur. Noah had seen this before and thought it would not last the night until one wounded eye opened and Noah saw the what he himself at the time desperately needed: strength. Even as badly injured as the Growlithe was, it did not give up on life, but it still needed help. It was then that Noah found his first friend.

Nursing the badly pokemon took some time as Noah could not afford to see the poke-center and it did not look like the Growlithe would not be able to walk correctly again. However, with each passing week, and slow tortuous rehabilitation, the Growlithe made a full recovery. To support this, Noah worked in whatever job he could find that would hire a child, driven by the desire to care something else besides himself. It was a learning experience that Noah would remember with fondness as his first passionate drive for something meaningful. Growlithe however, proved to be a stubborn companion as it always seemed to be very proud, only seeking what accommodations that was best suited. Later Noah would realize that it drove him to these places not for it's own narcissism but because Growlithe wanted his owner to be more respectable. This would escalate until Growlithe was satisfied and Noah found some measure of pride for the first time in his life as he by the end of it could support himself without the need to beg.

This matched with Growlithe's never wavering personality eventually would spark the need to combat themselves for a better way of life. Eventually challenging the Saffron Gym leader... to their horrible defeat. However, this produced a opportunity for Noah as Sabrina took him under his wing and helped him discover how to truly fight with Growlithe. Strangely, even as Sabrina was was a psychic specialist, Noah was able to master the basics and developed Growlithe's skills over the course of battles that challenged the gym in repayment for Sabrina's empathy.

After a few years of this and when Noah became of true age to leave, he did so with his thanks and Growlithe evolved to Arcanine, and with that he would only allow his name to be changed to Volgia. Noah vowed that when he returned, he would defeat Sabrina. Though he did not simply set out, he knew from his information brokering that there was a new frontier and with Sabrina's blessing only then did he make preparations.
Bag Contents:A sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a gourd to fill with water. Traveling clothes, and rations of his own.
Ons/Offs: Ain't got that. The character is Vanilla.

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

King Serperior

Hey, aorangi3!

The character looks good!  I just have a couple of questions and points before I can accept him.

If I understand correctly, Noah isn't one to make decisions on a whim and will take every chance he can get, even if the chance is underhanded?  I would like to point out that while a somewhat brooding character is good to have, if he makes every effort to separate himself from others, it would make him difficult to interact with.

It was during this time that he had found a Growlithe that lay injured near a dumpster, the only indication that he had a owner was the big red letter R on the color. Scars would be noticeable along with missing patches of fur. Noah had seen this before and thought it would not last the night until one wounded eye opened and Noah saw the what he himself at the time desperately needed: strength. Even as badly injured as the Growlithe was, it did not give up on life, but it still needed help. It was then that Noah found his first friend.
By my understanding of this, the Growlith had an 'R' branded on it and has a scar over one of it's eyes?  If that is so, does the Arcanine it has become still have the 'R' on it's body?  Is it blind in the eye that was scarred?

Nursing the badly pokemon took some time as Noah could not afford to see the poke-center...
Just wanted to note that Pokemon Centers are free when it comes to healing a Pokemon, but rooms and board cost money.  Also, did Sabrina give Noah a Fire Stone to evolve Growlith?  Or did Noah purchase one himself?

I think that's about it for my questions.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

aorangi3

Underhanded is a bit strong, but basically he is not afraid to get his hands dirty. Also there will be social interaction, but he plays his cards close to his chest. Not really broody but quiet.

I actually misspelled "Collar" with color I think. Growlithe had a Collar with a red R on it.

As for scars, they are more around the body but he does favor that particular eye. I was going to role-play that bit, but yes he can see with both. There is no brand.

Hmm, I was under the impression that PokeCenters were a 'free health-care' type of thing to where the city pays taxes for it. After all, the particular Poke-centers are run by the Silph company in Saffron especially. Noah never really having a residence nor could pay taxes within the city and would not be able to afford it. Maybe I was attempting some form of realism in something that doesn't need it?

Also I transitioned the evolve process off screen. Noah did buy one.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Mathim

Out of curiosity, would six points get me a Nidorino and Carvanha?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

King Serperior

Quote from: aorangi3 on June 08, 2016, 05:35:10 PM
Underhanded is a bit strong, but basically he is not afraid to get his hands dirty. Also there will be social interaction, but he plays his cards close to his chest. Not really broody but quiet.
Fair enough.  So, Noah isn't afraid to do what needs doing if it comes down to it, but plays on a need-to-know basis.  Might get him in trouble, but that works!
I actually misspelled "Collar" with color I think. Growlithe had a Collar with a red R on it.

As for scars, they are more around the body but he does favor that particular eye. I was going to role-play that bit, but yes he can see with both. There is no brand.
Ah, alright.  Thanks for clarifying.
Hmm, I was under the impression that PokeCenters were a 'free health-care' type of thing to where the city pays taxes for it. After all, the particular Poke-centers are run by the Silph company in Saffron especially. Noah never really having a residence nor could pay taxes within the city and would not be able to afford it. Maybe I was attempting some form of realism in something that doesn't need it?
Well, it doesn't actually say so anywhere, but I always assumed that the Joys were extremely rich and spent all of their time healing for free.  That's not to say that the Saffron Pokemon Center isn't run by the Silph Company in that way though.
Also I transitioned the evolve process off screen. Noah did buy one.
Alright, just wanted to be sure.

Quote from: Mathim on June 08, 2016, 05:41:15 PM
Out of curiosity, would six points get me a Nidorino and Carvanha?
Hello, Mathim!

Six points would indeed get you those two.  However, do note that Pokemon such as Carvana will be rather limited and vulnerable should there be no water available for them to move in.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mathim

But I couldn't have a Sharpedo or Nidoking for that amount of points...shucks. Those are my two faves.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

King Serperior

You can have a Nidoking OR a Sharpedo for six points, but not both.  Fully evolved Pokemon are all six points with a select few exceptions.

@aorangi3:  You can go ahead and post him in the Character Thread and drop by the OOC to say hi!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

I shall be starting the game by Monday at the latest.  When I do, if the sixth space hasn't been filled, you will still have a little time before I close the game to new applicants and it continues with five trainers.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace