The Dimensional Fighting Tournament - [Interest Check]

Started by MzHyde, July 03, 2013, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

The Premise
This game worked for me last time and we actually completed it, so I thought I'd bring it back for a second time. The last time I did this it was based on Yu Yu Hakusho. This time, however, we won't be so restrictive. No, this is going to be crazy as hell. This is a martial arts fighting tournament based on the premise that, once every ten years, fighters from all over the multiverse gather to figure out who's strongest. The winner receives their greatest wish; anything they choose is theirs. We will be using all original characters this time, but the fun part is that they can be nearly anything. Really talented humans? Sure! Someone with super powers? Go for it! Aliens? Yup! Fantasy characters, like a Paladin or Elven Archer? Why not? Monsters, demons, angels, post-apocalyptic warriors? Fine! This tournament draws in contenders from all over the multiverse, so your character selection is nearly unlimited.

The Battle System
Last time, I used a simple dice-based battle system to help people RP out the battles. It kept the pace of things moving and left judgements of who wins and who loses up to an impartial, soul-less AI. The E Dicebot. I might make a few changes to this and suggestions are always welcome, but here it is;

-Characters have a set amount of HP. We might set it to 10 for quick battles, or we may decide on 20 if we want them to run longer.
-Roll 2d20
-A result of 2 to 10 is a miss.
-A result of 11 to 19 is a hit and deals one point of damage.
-A 1 result in a critical miss, and you lose a turn.
-A result of 20 is a critical hit and you deal double damage and the opponent loses a turn.
-Characters below half health that take a critical hit, or critically miss are knocked down because they are weak and must roll 1d20. They have three chances to roll an 11 to 20. If they do, they get back up. If not, they pass out and lose the match.

Teams are comprised of three characters. It is up to you how this team is comprised. Want to create and play all those characters? Fine. They don't need intricate histories and backstories and motivations anyway; this is a light, quick, fun game (aside from all the dismemberment and death, that is - but I always find dismemberment hilarious). Do you want to join another characters team and each play one or two characters? Go for it. Want a different person playing each team member? Have fun. Any way you make up your team, that's fine. Matches will be one on one and whichever team has the most victories at the end of all the matches wins. Teams can even suggest their own match rules, and if an agreement is struck, fine! All that matters is who's left standing when the dust clears.

The Offer
So that's it. What I'm looking for is people to participate that can post fairly frequently. I'd like this RP to be quick and fun and for the matches to go at a brisk pace. We may even get more than one going at once if we can. I would like this to be comprised of eight teams, so I'll need at least seven other players. Though there's always room for more if two or more of you want to join forces and team together, as described above.

So, who's in?

Example Character Sheet

Team: The Space Cowboys
Name: Gail Wildstar
Alias: Gailgamesh
Species: Augmented Human
Homeworld: Earth, Year 2250, Dimension 616

Abilities: One of the solar system's finest bounty hunters, Gail is a fantastic combatant able to think quickly on her feet and good in a variety of situations. She excels at ranged combat and is an expert markswoman. She owns a vast collection of weapons, mostly antique guns, and has full knowledge of just about anything with a trigger. She has undergone augmentation to make her a better, faster draw. She has wired reflexes, enhanced hearing, and an extra set of arms so she can quad-wield weapons. If she could figure out a way to put guns on her feet she'd probably do that, too. While she looks rather old-fashioned, she does carry some of her dimension's modern tech. Gail's gloves amplify her strength by ten and they even come with a built-in com-link so she can communicate with her ship or teammates. She also carries a miniature Void Storage pouch on her back, so she can pull any one of her weapons from her own little pocket dimension at any time.

Description: Gail Wildstar is the overly-enthusiastic leader of The Space Cowboys (she rather insisted on the name) and one of her universe's top bounty hunters. She is obsessed with ancient Earth cowboy culture to a fairly disturbing degree. Gail is loud, brash, and overly exciteable. She appears to be rather dense but is actually much, much smarter than she lets on. It often catches people by surprise when she drops her goofy persona and gets serious, or somehow manages to outwit a foe who seemed to be quite a bit smarter than her. Most of the time she's loud and insufferable, though. A danger-loving show-woman, she loves to make an entrance and tries to do things in a flashy and heroic manner. She's gathered three of her friends and talked them into entering the tournament for the fortune and glory.

Theme: http://youtu.be/3PbAebwc2zE

Thorn14

Sounds interesting. What adult aspects can we expect?

Batman4560

MzHyde

Quote from: Thorn14 on July 04, 2013, 12:15:52 AM
Sounds interesting. What adult aspects can we expect?

In the game? Mostly people getting their asses kicked or straight up killed. This is based around action though, not sex. If you wanna bone, you can do it privately in PM's or the private rooms the fighters get. Don't expect it to be a feature in the main game though.

MzHyde

Batman4560

RedFangedWerehawk

Well, I'm not crazy about dismemberment but I'll throw my name into the hat.

MzHyde

selfexiled

Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Yukina

*smiles* I'll join. I can use a character with Kamen Rider powers for once :)

MzHyde

Yukina

Yukina

Team: ?
Name: Maria Mahoutsukai
Alias: White Wizard
Species: Augmented Human
Homeworld: Earth, Year 2010, Kamen Rider Wizard Continuity 1B
Abilites: Maria's abilities stem from her wizard ring and her White Wizard Driver. By using her "Change" transformation, her rider armor forms around her. Regardless if her armor is active or not, she may then her spell rings to create various magical effects. Maria also has a weapon in the form of the "Hamel Cane", a sword-like weapon which doubles as a flute. By playing melodies on her flute, she may create a magical melody to disrupt an attack.

White Wizard Driver: Maria's henshin belt
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Change Ring: Changes Maria into White Wizard

Driver On Ring: Change's Maria's red belt buckle into the White Wizard Driver

Barrier Ring: Creates a temporary magical barrier

Connect Ring: Creates a small portal to pull out her Hamel Cane

Explosion Ring (White Wizard Only): Causes an explosive orb to fire from Maria's free hand

Teleport Ring (White Wizard Only): Allows a short range "teleportion jump" with each use

Chain Ring (White Wizard Only): Binds the target's torso in white, magical chains

Hamel Cane

Background: Maria was born to her Japanese mother and her American father. She inherited most of her features from her mother, though she has her father's skin tone. She was very happy at a young age, but her self esteem was soon crushed  as she entered school. Maria was fun of throughout her school life for a her nerdy habits, and budding bisexuality. Any friend she even had gotten had one of those "fair weather friends".  Fortunately for her, she had graduated high school early and she current has her degree in web design. One day she was attacked by a Phantom (a supernatural monster in her continuity) for being a gate, an individual with mana reservoir. Just when she was about to lose hope, the original White Wizard intervened, though he died in the process, in turn leaving his wizard gear to the meek girl. Maria, despite her nature, has been fighting Phantoms ever since.

Maria

White Wizard

Batman4560

Yugi, would you mind if I joined your team? I was thinking about using the gold zeo ranger.

Yukina

Ok.  We'd need a name though and Maria wouldn't be leading it.

Batman4560

I can lead if nobody steps up. Names....lets see if we get a third member first.

Yukina

*nods* Maria isn't really a leader. Maybe "Team Tokusatsu" (or "Team Toku" for short)?

Batman4560

Works for me, I have a character already made, I just need to shift him over to fit this game.

Yukina

evangel

I'll join in with another Kamen Rider. Mind if I participate with your team, Team Tokusatsu?

Batman4560

Yukina

That's sounds sound perfect. :) By the way, would anyone like a video example of White Wizard's abilities?

MzHyde

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but you should probably wait to team up. We don't have an abundance of participants at the moment. I need at least seven (aside from me) to get the game running.

Yukina

Batman4560

If you want to post it I wont complain....NOOOOOO CURSES!!!! ^ Thats awesome^