An Eternal Kiss [ Sabbat oWod-FILLED]

Started by Phyrfaerie, March 30, 2011, 08:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanatos

Well I just read up on the Ductus, I would be willing to give the lead role a try. It did make mention that all it takes to have the role is the ability to lead, and Toreador (if only through Charisma) are one of the best clans to lead; age was not an issue.

Blitzy

I am currently in a pool hall and don't have my computer, so pardon the weird post sizes and such. I was joking about the Kiasyd, but I will most likely prefer to be a Lasombra though if there is fear of being too many Sombra in the pack, I can push towards being a Brujah or Tzimisce if that's a desire. Let me know. :)

Another question is what limits are you making for disciplines? Or can we just kinda mess around so long as there aren't any crazy things? And what about Vinc ratings? Roll them once we get a character list? Are you rolling for us?
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Phyrfaerie

Quote from: Xanatos on April 02, 2011, 01:03:03 PM
Well I just read up on the Ductus, I would be willing to give the lead role a try. It did make mention that all it takes to have the role is the ability to lead, and Toreador (if only through Charisma) are one of the best clans to lead; age was not an issue.

While its a sentiment near and dear to my heart, its not always the case. Should the Bishop require a war pack, your Perv is going to be hard pressed to handle it, where a Brute or a Crusader would sail along.. I will say that no role is set, at least not until the opening posts are up. :) Ill be making those in the next day or so, please, be a little patient with me.

Quote from: Blitzy on April 02, 2011, 01:17:26 PM
I am currently in a pool hall and don't have my computer, so pardon the weird post sizes and such. I was joking about the Kiasyd, but I will most likely prefer to be a Lasombra though if there is fear of being too many Sombra in the pack, I can push towards being a Brujah or Tzimisce if that's a desire. Let me know. :)

Another question is what limits are you making for disciplines? Or can we just kinda mess around so long as there aren't any crazy things? And what about Vinc ratings? Roll them once we get a character list? Are you rolling for us?

Blitzy, my sweet, we are a Sabbat Pack, LaSombra are to be expected and rather abundant, as vampires go. Regarding disciplines, the traditional ones that come with the clan are what I expect. My gangrel will not have obtenebration, no matter how cool that will be, ya know? Pander have the choice of the 8 common disciplines. Vinic is going to be determined during the roleplay. Using the Sabbat philosophy, with a freeform platform, means that we all -want- to like each other, we all -believe- in the cause, and then we go with the blood bond. If you need a number, go at it with the mindset of 5.

Blitzy

Actually, I love the idea of NOT having numbers. I just wanted to know if you wanted that or not. I love the idea that I could actually play up the shadows and such without people bitching cuz it doesn't match a number I have. The feel of being Sabbat has been horrible in the chats I have played in and I know you and Job have had similar experiences sooo... yeah. >_>

Xanatos

Sorry, didn't mean to seem to be pushing for any position. I am fully fine with not being lead and what not. No worries (will be patient). I also understand your point, though, Toreador are not the greatest fighters (they can be good in a fight though, alongside Gangrel and the like, thanks to Presence).

Either way, look forward to this.

Phyrfaerie

Quote from: Blitzy on April 02, 2011, 01:38:37 PM
Actually, I love the idea of NOT having numbers. I just wanted to know if you wanted that or not. I love the idea that I could actually play up the shadows and such without people bitching cuz it doesn't match a number I have. The feel of being Sabbat has been horrible in the chats I have played in and I know you and Job have had similar experiences sooo... yeah. >_>

There was an earlier post of mine regarding role versus roll play. To clarify : roleplay = posting an action that you want your character to do; roll play = posting a number and attempting to correlate your idea of an action with it. I want this RP to be of the former variety, not the latter.

Job

We could settle the positions IC as well.  i.e. we have been ordered by the local Bishop to form a pack.  Those vying for a position can settle it with non-lethal Monomancy, etc.  If that is, of course, okay with Phyr.

This way everyone that has an interest has a fair chance of being represented.
Cardinal Rules of Gaming:
1. Don't be a Dick.
2. Don't be a Pussy.

Imogen

I'd be interested in a Malkavian anti. Prefererence is heavily towards a full member. Normal set of disciplines. Power along the lines of one dot in age. Fun derangement to be discussed with ST :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blitzy

Quote from: Phyrfaerie on April 02, 2011, 03:05:26 PM
There was an earlier post of mine regarding role versus roll play. To clarify : roleplay = posting an action that you want your character to do; roll play = posting a number and attempting to correlate your idea of an action with it. I want this RP to be of the former variety, not the latter.

Oh. I know the difference, but even with knowing that I just wasn't sure if you had any intention of making us do char sheets of any sort, or if it was all going to be freeform. :) Again, just trying to snag the rules. Far too used to the chats having so many rules instead of having very few! It's fantabulous. >_> I'll post up a character idea or something in a little bit. :D

Rishon Tam

If we're forming the pack in play, we'll probably end up with a Ductus and Priest/ess as a matter of course.

Also: the fluff has it that the Sabbat doesn't use many ghouls and holds the few they keep in extremely low regard, even compared to most vampires. Is that going to be the case here, or are we changing things? I ask because, since it looks like we might be having some ghouls around, I want to make sure that I'm prepared to respond appropriately.

Phyrfaerie

Assuming we are trying for believable ( yes, I mean a believable vampire. Yes, they dont -really- exist. Yes, Im aware that its an oxymoron. ) characters in the setting, NPC's are going to be used in passing. Should a player -wish- to play a PC that is a ghoul, knowing the role they are taking, its on them. I just dont want there to be any miscommunication regarding this. Recruits are the low man on a totem pole. So ghouls, who are less then recruits, are used and abused. Im talking debasement, possible disfigurement and maiming, lots of non con, with the ghoul being adoring of the monsters destroying them. If that is the type of writing that someone wants, Im not going to stop them. :)

Please refer to the post on the first page for personal bio's as a sheet. I need the name, age both apparent and real, clan and a summary of their personality.

Blitzy

'Havoc' Sinclair. Goes by Havoc or Sin.
25 years / 48 years.
Lasombra
Havoc's personality fluctuates in very dramatic ways. Often times she is very serious, very studious, and very focused upon the task at hand.
Typically this means she is very unemotional, quiet, and passive. Other times she is very animated, usually with a wicked grin and a sardonic sense of humor.
She is Sabbat, after all, so she does have a very twisted sense of right and wrong and nobility, which is the Keeper in her.
It is easy to tell which aspect of her personality is at the forefront simply based on her eyes.
If they are empty and cold, it is best to not agitate her unless you know how to break her out of that.

Xanatos

Are you okay with a player controlling a Vamp + a ghoul or two? I asked the question prior to this, but you must have missed it. Since having a ghoul is acceptable via rules, I wasn't going to ask, but I thought it best to make mention of it before the game started because Amber has two ghouls and a herd. She is a typical Toreador, surrounding herself with those she can abuse and safely feed on, using unbound mortals as her true fodder or as the case may be, works of art.

To clarify, my ghouls will in no way be dominant characters, I use ghouls as basically just another feature of the character. They bring out another facet of how the character behaves. Think of it like another aspect of the personality, except shown through (more or less) other characters. 

Rishon Tam

Lawrence Keane
(goes by his last name)
27 years / 28 years
Lasombra
Keane has come far in the year since he was embraced. Though lacking in experience, his sharp wit and adaptability have seen him through several situations that could (and did) see other, older vampires to their final deaths. This is coupled with a spectacular capacity for learning, as demonstrated by a far greater command of his clan's Disciplines than could be at all reasonably expected of such a young childe.
Though his manner is usually relaxed, a removed evaluation of his nightly affairs quickly reveals a rapidly changing lifestyle, conveying a restless eagerness to actively experience his new life. He has, for instance, already begun the process of disconnecting himself from the humane values of his former life in the pursuit of a transition to his clan's Path, and though he has not completed the shift, his progress has been nothing short of remarkable.
His enthusiasm and ambition, together with his raw potential, stand to take take him far -- if he can survive the great danger that such qualities inevitably bring.

Nykteus

Владимир Михаил Николай Константин
[Vladimir Mikhail Nikolay Konstantin]

Tzimisce

Apparent Age: Mutable
Actual Age: 120 (74 [Life], 46 [Unlife])

Appearance: Vladimir is a child of the Metamorphosis, viewing flesh in its static state as a cardinal sin. His, and sometimes her, appearance changes from night to night, even from hour to hour as the mood strikes. He no longer remembers how he looked in his living youth, and so he simply composes his new visages based on whims and faint remembrances of other faces.

Personality: Embraced in his mid-seventies, Vladimir was rewarded with immortality for a lifetime devoted to scholarly pursuits. His curiosity and precision gave him a naturally scientific outlook, and so he reached the twilight of his years proud of a life spent in acquiring knowledge, disdaining the company of his fellow man, unable to tolerate such dull, bovine creatures who did nothing but amble through the mortal coil in a shortsighted search for gratification. In retrospect, he realises that he was always destined to be a Fiend, and he approaches his work with a religious fervour that can make unnerve even some of his fellow Tzimisce.

In life he was a frail man, and the burden of years made his every day a torment but for his studies, but these very failings were a boon to him after his Embrace. While a younger childe might have clung to their humanity and their self image, he was only too happy to discard his decrepit flesh for a more suitable form. He has something of a passion for remaking himself, and others, and can quietly while away entire months simply studying the various ways that flesh and bone can be twisted and shaped for his amusement, although he is scrupulous in recording data.

He has his foibles, despite the glittering insight and intellect that have brought respect from his fellow Fiends, and he pursues his passions and prejudices with fightening intensity. He carries a deep seated hatred of the Tremere, although this is born from his jealousy of their knowledge than a need to repay any slight to the honour of his Clan. Though he is usually a dignified gentleman, urbane and courteous, with a scintillating wit that belies his inhumanity, he can be prone to sudden bursts of black rage. His temper is difficult to understand, as what would pass as a mere faux pas might drive him into a fury, and an apparently grievous insult can be dismissed without a second thought, and his particular standards are as mutable as his flesh.

Phyrfaerie

Nyk, Im all for you joining me, but your age is a tad old for what I have in mind.. Please refer to the earlier posts regarding the age cap. Thanks.

Nykteus

Which age should I reduce? He lived roughly 70 years before he was Embraced, and has been a Tzimisce for roughly 50.

Winterborn

William "Billy Mac" Pipersson.

Bio: A relatively new Cainite but an old-school Pander, Billy Mac was created in one of the mass raisings during a bloody siege down in Texas. Though his Sire didn't know him from Adam, he was picked up specially due to his reputation as an almost-stereotypical outlaw biker, a cold killer who pulled no punches, even before his Embrace. For most of his life, he spent most of his time hitting the throttle and the bottle too hard, when he wasn't helping his club smuggle illegal guns in from Mexico to fuel the inner city crime of Houston and Dallas.

Even after four years, Billy Mac's connections are intact; his club voted him a Nomad shortly after his mysterious absence, granting him the authority to go where he pleases and giving him access to all the resources they have to offer, be they monetary or informational. Needless to say, these cannot be drawn on too often lest the club become suspicious, but the well is deep and his needs relatively few. The gang's influence extends beyond the border of his home state, and their associates are found all over the country and beyond.

If he was anarchistic and brutal before, he is now a complete monster: A follower of the Path of the Feral Heart. To him, civilization is nothing, the Sabbat is all, and his Beast is the angel on his shoulder, showing him the proper course by whispering in his ear. Though followers of his path generally eschew modern trappings, he retains his affinity for motorcycles and guns in token respect of his past.

Nykteus

Thanks for the heads up, and I've made the modification.

I should add that I'll probably have to go with True as well, since we can't have the only genuine vampire being outranked by the doggerel spawn of mere leeches. I can't see a septuagenarian scholar being likely to have been inducted as a shovelhead either.

If the role of Priest is unfilled, then Vladimir will at least give put himself forward for the job. Perhaps the potential candidates could decide by some sort of fair competition, such as being the first one to survive aggravating an Ahroun. In the interests of being diplomatic, Vlad will offer to go last.

Winterborn

On the subject of how we should start the game and gain positions, I'd like to start as a newly formed pack. The characters most likely don't know each other (at least no one knows mine, seeing as how he's from a very different area), they come from all different walks of life, and they're all relatively young and looking to make their mark.

If nothing else, the first Vaulderie would be very cool RP, in my mind.

Blitzy

*Whispers.*

I'm pretty sure Phyr has an opening post set up and has an idea of how to intermingle us. Just give her some time to get it up. She's got a life, kids, and a hubby. :P

Nykteus

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of other things for us to hash out while we're waiting like good, patient boys and girls. For instance, it occurs to me that Vlad would have no bother building up a herd of nubile girls if he swallowed his pride and used Vicissitude to look like that skinny kid from Twilight. I wouldn't be surprised if those novels were the brainchild of a Tzimisce who wanted to muddy the waters after Stoker spilled the beans.

Winterborn

Stephanie Meyer is far more diabolical than any Tzimisce...

Nykteus

I've never read the books or seen the films, so I just prefer to assume that they end with Peter Cushing and Wesley Snipes joining forces to murder the entire cast of characters with chainswords.

Winterborn