Lost In Space

Started by Lady Jenn, February 17, 2014, 05:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

It is the 26th Century. The human race has expanded beyond our solar system and now controls most of the Milky Way. Under the protection of the HAF (Human Alliance Fleet) the empire has remained largely safe from alien attack.

But something has gone wrong.

In recent months people have been abducted from all over the empire. There is little connection between those snatched, who are all ages, colours, jobs and wealth. Whoever or whatever is abducting them is doing it from under the HAF's noses and is impossible to trace.

You are one of the abductees, waking up on an unfamiliar spaceship devoid of any person you recognise. You must discover where you are and who has abducted you, and then escape...if you can.

Rules:
No Powermodding
No Godmodding

Vonandi

Is there some sort of character sheet, or something? or do we just post...?

Lady Jenn

Probably best to give me a skeleton in here first, sorry, genuinely forgot to do one for my own character lol:

Name: Robert Thompson
Job: Ship's engineer
Appearance: 6' tall, short dark hair, battered old military uniform.
Bio: Robert has spent his entire life on board merchant vessels, ignoring the chance to join the military, deciding a civilian life is better for him. This is in spite of a family history full of military honours. He does not realise that he has a tragic and very personal link to the mystery in which he is about to be entangled.

Not made the RP yet cos I wanted to check if there was any interest in it first.

Kevak

I'm interested, let me know if this sheet works (I'll use the scifi version of my main rp character):

Name: Kevak Tevol
Job: Programming and computer expert, side hobby of completely illegal hacking.
Appearance: 5'7ish long brown hair down to waist, loosely fitting greenish cargo pants, a faded reddish long sleeve shirt and a blackish jacket with multiple empty pockets in and sewn onto it.
Bio: Self taught programmer, originally was a hacker for a small criminal organization until he got bored of it, and vanished off planet, established himself on Govath V as a legitimate programer and computer expert, continued hacking for a bit of side money and fun. Was walking down the street to his apartment when suddenly a bright light enveloped him. He woke up later onboard what he only could assume to be a starship.

Lady Jenn

That sounds great :) I shall go make the RP now and post the link in here

Lady Jenn

Kevak

Any specific rules for scenario and what type of high scifi are we in, like for example is this more of a mechanus (non interfacing machines), more of a technon(implanted machines), or a chimeric (bio implants and gene modding), or a combo of some or all? Depending on which I will alter my character so I am more comfy with his setup, I didn't do the full setup for him cause I wasn't sure exactly what setting you were using.

Lady Jenn

It's a bit hard to explain, without spoilers anyway, but I'd say more mechanus out of those options

Kevak

So primary mechanus and possibly others? If there is a possibility for chimeric or technon I'm going to alter my character before my next rp post and if not, then I will still be altering it lawl.

Lady Jenn

nah, I meant entirely mechanus. sorry, should have been more specific (blame it on too many things to focus on at once lol)

Kevak

Mkay, Repost of character since I can't edit yet:

Name: Kevak Tevol
Job: Programming and computer expert, side hobby of completely illegal hacking.
Appearance: 5'7ish long brown hair down to waist, loosely fitting greenish cargo pants, a faded reddish long sleeve shirt and a blackish jacket with multiple empty pockets in and sewn onto it, wears an advanced hepatic grade robotic sensor suite headset and an advanced hepatic grade robotic tool suite tail, (basically the kind of stuff Neuroware makes but several times more advanced because of future, if you aren't aware of what neuroware is, look it up, they make some awesome stuff and many of my scifi characters use future models of that kind of thing.
Bio: Self taught programmer, originally was a hacker for a small criminal organization until he got bored of it, and vanished off planet, established himself on Govath V as a legitimate programer and computer expert, continued hacking for a bit of side money and fun. Was walking down the street to his apartment when suddenly a bright light enveloped him. He woke up later onboard what he only could assume to be a starship.

Lady Jenn

Kevak

Bane, Just to clarify, to what grade can I make up bits of the story, currently it seems as though you have an idea where you want this to go and I've been having my character go along with that, however it would be nice to know where you plan on taking the story so I'm a bit less limited with my character's options and what he can do.

Lady Jenn

well, Thompson is going to need your help if you can think of a way to upgrade the ship (if you see what I mean), because you're about to get to know the enemy much better