Toonami....on Adult Swim....

Started by Wolfy, April 01, 2012, 12:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

With new...Toonami bumps.

G-Good god...what is this....

This has to be the greatest night in human history. @_@

Kunoichi

Yep, this year's April Fools prank from the people at Adult Swim is solid awesome. ;D

Iblis121

I saw this and my eyes literally started watering. No joke.

Starlequin

Yeah...depressing as hell, isn't it?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Kunoichi

Nah, mostly just nostalgic for me. ^^ Chances are pretty good this is going to get a ridiculous amount of positive feedback...  Hopefully that'll say something to the people in charge.

Iblis121

I'm hoping the same...God..so much nostalgia.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 01, 2012, 01:35:07 AM
Nah, mostly just nostalgic for me. ^^ Chances are pretty good this is going to get a ridiculous amount of positive feedback...  Hopefully that'll say something to the people in charge.

Just remind yourself that sometime the 'pranks' turn out real because of how they are received. Example.. the iCade iPad case with controller was orginally one of Thinkgeeks yearly pranks.. but then they got so much feedback they did it.

Starlequin

Now that would be 48oz of awesomesauce if they brought it back for keeps. Just one night, though? Like being given a sliver of ambrosia, then getting kicked out of the restaurant. Too cruel, man. I'd rather keep starving.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 01, 2012, 01:35:07 AM

We need to fuck with anime nerds some more while throwing more D-quality shows into the mix?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Nah, I don't think they'll be changing their lineup any time soon.  It's pretty good where it is.  Bringing Tom back would be pretty cool, though.

BlisteredBlood

Nothing like a trip down memory lane, I can tell you that much. It was good to see Tom again after so many years have gone by.
What BlisteredBlood Says Yes And No To: Ons and Offs
Got a question to ask? Ask me here!
Wanna RP with me? Check this out!
In case if I'm not here, refer to this.

NotoriusBEN

even if he's only given saturdays... please bring back toonami.

Im ok with it, really. go ahead and play all the anime you've ever aired. You dont need new ones. just give me kikaider, robotech, and outlaw star. I'll watch all the others too... ... ... even... inuyasha... even though you still air that one sometimes.

Iblis121

I don't care what they put up there. They can put goddamn Sailor Moon up there and I'd watch it, just cuz it's Toonami.

Wolfy

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 01, 2012, 04:50:23 AM
We need to fuck with anime nerds some more while throwing more D-quality shows into the mix?

D-Quality?

Sir.

We're talking about Tenchi Muyo.

Gundam Wing

Outlaw Star!

These damn things are classics!

Kunoichi

So, everyone, did you know that you can give Cartoon Network feedback on last night's little Toonami revival?

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

^Just select 'Programming', then 'Toonami', and then tell them what you thought about it.  Who knows what might happen if they get enough positive feedback?

Shjade

Quote from: Wolfy on April 01, 2012, 10:04:23 AM
D-Quality?

Sir.

We're talking about Tenchi Muyo.

Gundam Wing

Outlaw Star!

These damn things are classics!
I got the impression he was saying they'd tease you with Toonami and just play more of the current Adult Swim lineup, which is D-quality fare.

Though I can't say I see the big deal here. Toonami was just the shell containing their actual show lineup, right? Who cares if they bring Toonami back if the stuff playing inside it is still drek that isn't worth watching?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kunoichi

Kekkaishi, FMA: Brotherhood, and Durarara are D-quality fare? Oo; I mean, I know they've been on reruns, but...

Starlequin

If anything is D-Fare, its their crappy live-action shows. Delocated and T&EAS,GJ! leap to mind as shows I wouldnt mind seeing burned out of existence... >.>

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 01, 2012, 12:49:11 PM
Kekkaishi, FMA: Brotherhood, and Durarara are D-quality fare? Oo; I mean, I know they've been on reruns, but...

I was talking about the stuff outside of Toonami like all the live action crap.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Jag

I want fat Tom back! I remember watching the whole thing when they ended fat Tom and brought in the more fit and athletic Tom. I didn't care what was playing show wise at the time, I was just worried for Tom. :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

ShadowFox89

I had nightmares for weeks after that O_O'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ironwolf85

I liked toonami, grew up watching it every day after school, and getting yelled at for saying up, and sneaking out of bed to watch adult swim, dot hack sign, and inuyasha.
I'm sick of Spoofy live action series, I'm sick of the moonites, I'm tired of Tom going to the mayor and spinning stupidity, I want to kill the poorly drawn appliachian squids, and I'd like Masta Shake/ Frylock/ Meatwad to be brought out behind the writing shack and disposed of for all the lazyness and ignorance they've spread late night culture.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

ShanaTheIV

I just found this out on a video on Youtube. I still can't believe I missed it too. But then again, I probably would of died from nostalgia anyway.

Toonmai should have its own channel like Boomerang does. I hate most of the newer shows on Cartoon Network now (Adventure Time is the only decent program imo) and Adult Show for showing King of the Hill and American Dad half the time. KOTH almost always puts me to sleep and AD isn't as enjoyable as Family Guy to me. I can take most jokes, but if this is truly a mere "April Fool's" prank, I may never forgive AS(S) for playing with my emotions like that.  :'(

I am impressed with Tom's Mass Effect 3 review though. I hope he does more in the future.

Off topic: That game is pretty tight but I hate the online pass and the on-disc DLC, and EA in general. I've only rented the game because I don't want to support them and Bioware. 

BlisteredBlood

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on April 02, 2012, 09:46:30 PM
I just found this out on a video on Youtube. I still can't believe I missed it too. But then again, I probably would of died from nostalgia anyway.

Toonmai should have its own channel like Boomerang does. I hate most of the newer shows on Cartoon Network now (Adventure Time is the only decent program imo) and Adult Show for showing King of the Hill and American Dad half the time. KOTH almost always puts me to sleep and AD isn't as enjoyable as Family Guy to me. I can take most jokes, but if this is truly a mere "April Fool's" prank, I may never forgive AS(S) for playing with my emotions like that.  :'(

I am impressed with Tom's Mass Effect 3 review though. I hope he does more in the future.

Off topic: That game is pretty tight but I hate the online pass and the on-disc DLC, and EA in general. I've only rented the game because I don't want to support them and Bioware. 

You know... Adult Swim on Twitter is wanting to know if we want it back... I'm just sayin'. But perhaps there could be a revival in the works. I'm not sure, but this says it all in this link. https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim
What BlisteredBlood Says Yes And No To: Ons and Offs
Got a question to ask? Ask me here!
Wanna RP with me? Check this out!
In case if I'm not here, refer to this.

CmdrRenegade

I'd love to see Toonami back.  Honest to god, Cartoon Network really needs to get rid of all this nightmare fuel programming, both live action and animated.  It just seems to be a contest to be who can be the most shocking. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.