Can't see Photobucket pics on new phone

Started by Ember Star, March 04, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

okay, I have a new phone as of yesterday, Android 4.1.2, a ZTE Reef from Virgin Mobile. As of right now both it and my old phone (Android 2.2.2, Samsung Intercept from Virgin Mobile) are are up and running.

New phone came with a stock browser and Chrome, then I Downloaded Dolphin from the app store because it's one of my favorites.

Here's the issue I'm running into, on the Stock browser and Dolphin are not showing pictures linked from Photobucket, even my own. I checked all the settings and even logged into the site to see if that would fix it. Nothing. They're just showing as little blue question mark boxes through those two. Chrome is showing the pictures, which would be fine except so far I'm not a big fan and Dolphin is what I want to use.

Just as a note, PB pics show just fine on all browsers (including dolphin) on my old phone.

So, I was wondering if there was some fix to this that I didn't think of.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Immortal

It might be the difference in the Android version and app version. I think I have the same issue with one of my browsers on my phone. I use Opera Mini on my phone and everything loads perfectly.

I know my stock browser on my phone doesn't work with E, whenever I try it just crashes.

My only recommendation is for you to go in search of another browser, or report it to them because it might be an issue on their part. (the app developer)

Valthazar

In Dolphin, try going to "Settings" --> "Web Content" --> and set "Load Images" and "Flash Player" to Always ON, and set "Enable JavaScript" to ON.

Maybe that will work.

Ember Star

Quote from: Valthazar on March 05, 2014, 06:08:20 AM
In Dolphin, try going to "Settings" --> "Web Content" --> and set "Load Images" and "Flash Player" to Always ON, and set "Enable JavaScript" to ON.

Maybe that will work.
Already did that, except the Flash Player is on demand. But you see, it shows everything else, avatars and pics linked from the wiki here and all. It's only photos from PB. I'll try to Flash and see if it does anything.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Okay, I found that Opera and Baidu show the pictures and do pretty much what I want them to. My
only complaint about both of them and Chrome is that they don't have a pinch zoom button. So if somebody can suggest a browser that does, that would be great. I tried several and there weren't many I liked.

Valthazar

I use Chrome, and it has pinch-zoom.  You could try the Firefox browser, but it tends to distort a lot of website formatting.

Ember Star

Quote from: Valthazar on March 05, 2014, 02:08:47 PM
I use Chrome, and it has pinch-zoom.  You could try the Firefox browser, but it tends to distort a lot of website formatting.
I've looked and looked and can't find Pinch Zoom nor text wrapping in Chrome's settings. Both of which I want. I tried Firefox briefly last night and didn't like it.  Don't remember why though.  Lol.  Maybe that it wasn't showing the PB pics