Fiasco in the making. (Interest check)

Started by MadPanda, February 28, 2011, 03:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

I'm tempted, I'm sorely tempted, to describe this game as "the Coen Brothers Movie RPG", but that doesn't quite do it justice.  It isn't a game so much as a story generator, and what stories!

But let's see the elevator pitch, yeah?

QuoteFiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small-time capers gone disastrously wrong – particularly films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably collapse into a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.

So I'm looking for two, three, or four other people willing to brainstorm like mad and collaborate on a tale of improvised mayhem with a loose and almost certainly unpleasant ending!  Kind of like playing the Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon...or George Clooney in anything directed by Joel and Ethan Coen.

This is not a major long-term commitment: once we're done, we're done (unless someone wants to do it again).

Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook