The Conduit and The Forgotten

Started by Exile, August 28, 2015, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exile

Heya, I'm unapproved and new, so I might make some mistakes setting this up. But on with the idea!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an idea that takes place in a world similar to our own, but with a separate 'dimension' where all sorts of magical things exist. Naturally, magic users exist, and form connections between the two worlds, borrowing magic from the creatures while offering gifts to appease them.

One such magic user is decidedly not a human being. Despite usually holding a mostly human form, it's head is instead a strange mask-like skull, with vacant eye sockets and two pairs of splayed out horns twisting backwards. It's form is somewhat masculine, yet even discounting the head, most humans get a very unsettling feeling from it, even when it dresses and behaves like a human. Despite this, it is quite well known among the human magic users for being exceptionally skilled at certain types of magic. For this reason, it's known as "The Conduit."

However, just as the humans can interact with the magic world, the magic world can interact with the humans, sometimes with terrible consequences. Either by a curse, a malicious force, a fairy prank gone awry, or other factors, there have been humans who simply 'lose' a part of them. Sometimes it's small and negligible; They forget something, or feel uncomfortable sometimes. Other times, it becomes traumatic, or removes whole parts of who they are, forcing them to find a discrepancy with who they once were and who they see in the mirror every day. These are the "Forgotten."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Essentially, I'd be playing The Conduit, and the partner would be playing a "Forgotten", someone who's life has been irrevocably changed by magic through no fault of their own. The exact nature of the damage can be decided by the partner, but the extent must be such that they can no longer live the life they had normally, and thus would interact with magic users to try and find a way to deal with the problem. The idea would be that the Conduit would take the partner into it's home as either a live-in maid/butler, an apprentice, or simply as something to study. This can become a romantic relationship if that's desired, but as I'm unapproved, it would have to stay PG-13 until approval and all that.

I'm more than open to ideas, so let me know what you guys think!