General Elliquiy Etiquette

Started by Thoughtful Spanker, August 27, 2011, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thoughtful Spanker

I was just wondering if there was a place on the forums that one would search for general questions regarding etiquette here on Elliquiy?

My particular question regards how long anyone should wait for a partners reply to a posting. In this case I am referring to a reply to the very first posting. We had agreed on plot, o/o's, did character bios and all that. After deciding that my character should make the first posting, there has been total silence from the other side. I know things happen, but we are talking about two weeks with no contact or explanation.

So the question is how long do I wait before moving on to another partner?

I know that this and other etiquette questions has probably been covered before on the forums, but since I don't want to be a pest repeating things others have already asked,

What is the best place to look for etiquette answers?

Thanks, TS

Beguile's Mistress

While respect for each other is something we expect from all of our members there really are no rules to guide us other than common courtesy and common sense.

I don't know where you started your story but if you've sent a PM to your partner and haven't received a reply I would chalk it up to experience and move on.  Your partner may have RL issues that are keeping them away or may have lost interest.  I don't know.  They may show up unexpectedly and put up a post and you can choose to continue or not at that time.

Several other threads have attempted to address this issue but nothing changes. 

Good luck with future games.

Thoughtful Spanker

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on August 27, 2011, 09:20:29 AM
While respect for each other is something we expect from all of our members there really are no rules to guide us other than common courtesy and common sense.

I don't know where you started your story but if you've sent a PM to your partner and haven't received a reply I would chalk it up to experience and move on.  Your partner may have RL issues that are keeping them away or may have lost interest.  I don't know.  They may show up unexpectedly and put up a post and you can choose to continue or not at that time.

Several other threads have attempted to address this issue but nothing changes. 

Good luck with future games.

Thank you!

I have re-sent the post, We were playing via email/joint post. I sent a PM today, via the forums mail service, I will give it a few more days then re-shop the plot line.

Thanks again, TS