Transplanted US civil war soldier roleplay (un)

Started by playfullchick76, April 02, 2009, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

For this one, im hoping to play it out with someone knowledgable abound the us civil war.A soldier in 1864, as it set in New York, im guessing federal, but ill take either federal or rebel.

They would be on leave after receiving an injury in battle,and out for a walk, armed  with a revolver of course.They would have found out that their wife-to-be, or potential wife had died, go out to central park, be hit by something magical, pass out, and wake up in central park in 2009.

They would of course be confused and woudlnt beleive what he saw people wearing and doing.i would be jogging through the park, wearing something that no woman from his time would wear, and look exactly like the woman that he lost.

I would stop near him, be robbed, but he comes to my aid, and i take him into my apartment, wondernig just who he is and thinking that he's a bit strange, or is just an actor who never leaves character.

If you prefer to play a rebel who has that happen to them, then they would be wandering around a park in the south, and the same thing happens.He would still wake up in central park 2009.

Also, if anyone reading this has read  john birminghams three book time travel series, which starts with weapons of choice, i would love to play something out from that, where im a pilot off the hillary clinton, and against all odds, falls for a 1942 era marine or pilot.

Ptolemy

Wow, great idea. If you want to go through with this, I guess it could be pretty damn fun.

playfullchick76

Of course, id be happy to, tell me about the character that your visualising.

Ptolemy

Well, he would be a bit wartorn character. He's a strict Unionist, and his home is in New England, which would of obviously influenced his current views. He would be around 22 or so, and by profession - a jeweler. He's been in the military for about two years now, seeing as he was drafted. He has mostly served in the eastern theater, fighting in Virginia and Maryland. He sustained an injury to his leg due to artillery fire, and while it has mostly healed, there is still a large scar on his leg, and some scarring beneath his left eye. He was set to garrison duty in New York, and one day, he found out that his fiancé had perished in a coach accident. He already was in a state of stress, but this completely broke him down.

The character would be a dark, but perhaps the time traveling incident would lighten him. Perhaps, your character could overall change his personality a bit, from a scarred, close-to-suicidal state, to.. erm.. something better? :D

playfullchick76

thats right, thats right. Ive been thinking about my character.

I would work in one of the museums along 5th avenue, love my work, id be about 24, flowing auburn hair, blue eyes, a D cup bust, be about 5ft 4in tall, and be interested in the past.

I would think you were just an actor who never left character,or someone not quite right upstairs, and thinks that he;s a union soldier. I would take you into my apartment as you save me from being mugged in central park, get to know you, try to help you, but find out in time that you are indeed who you say you are.

i would help your character to live again, maybe he goes home, or maybe not.

Ptolemy

Alright then, now that we have everything down, I'l suppose I'l set the scene. Off to make a topic!

playfullchick76