News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi thought for a moment, studying the others before deciding, "I think a cinnamon roll if you have it." She replied, studying Ally for a moment. "How is business today?" She kept on getting distracted by the sugar creation on the counter. She wanted to ask about it but she decided that she would wait until the man left.

anon

"Take a seat, Aoi. I'll bring it over." Ally ducked behind the glass counter before plucking one large bun out of the tray with the tongs. The icing was drizzled amply over the cinnamon sprinkled bun, dripping down to the side as she placed it carefully on the small porcelain plate. "Anything to drink?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi took a seat in the corner and watched Ari for a moment. She looked around to see if anyone was watching before quickly summoning her sketch pad to her while Ally was getting her cinnamon bun. Aoi quickly looked up, trying to appear normal. She didn't know if either Ally or Ari noticed the pulse and flare of magic leaving and her sketch pad appearing. "No thanks, Ally." she called back.

anon

Ally had be walking over to Aoi when she felt the slight shift in space. She glanced at Aoi, and shrugged, not missing a beat as she placed the plate on the table. The woman had offered her advice about her magic fritz after all. So long as she didn't openly invite questions about it, Ally was not one to ask. After all, she wasn't one to pry about secrets. She had plenty of them already.

"Here you go. One cinnamon bun." She smiled as she let the plate clink against the table and placed the silverware by it. "Enjoy." Her eyes lit on the pad. "Drawing again?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

The door to this lovely little shop opened. Much more calmly than it had the last time this individual had entered. With a sheepish grin, Rex nodded towards everybody, "Good evening, folks!", before locking eyes on the deliciously aromatic rolls. "Could I have one of those beauties and a cup of black coffee, please?"
*See Pillory*

anon

Ally whirled about to face the new arrival, gold bells swinging against her face. She smiled and gestured at an empty seat. "Take your pick. I'll be right back with your order." She made a face. "Though I'm really not suppose to be pulling this duty..." She grinned at him as she walked back to the counter again and dipped down to pick up a roll and plopped it on the plate. She stood on her toes to look over the glass case. "I'm Ally, by the way. And I strongly suggest that you wait on the coffee unless..." She looked behind her and saw a fresh pot. "You're in luck." She poured out a cup and brought the coffee and roll over to him. "There you are."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "Yes, I was hoping to get another good sketch of you and Ari in action again. Although, now that I have seen that sugar creation. I think I might try to recreate the liveliness on paper." She looked into Ally's eyes, searching for any indication that the woman in front of her would be okay with the use of subtle magics. Aoi startled slightly when Rex came in. She relaxed after a moment, deducing quickly that the young man was not an immediate threat.

Aoi covered a smile at Ally's quip about making coffee. "I'm Aoi, how are you today?" she shifted her body so that she could seem more friendly.

Kurzyk

He saw her face light up when he told her he wished to see her again. It made him happy yet very confused. The whole experience from the beginning had been filled with an odd set of coincidences and circumstances that befuddled him. Yet he felt drawn to her and this shop in a way he couldn't explain.

"Oh thank you!" he took the cookie and thought it was adorable of her to offer it. He tucked it into his jacket pocket.

He grabbed his briefcase and reached into his back pocket for his wallet. He pulled out a $5 dollar bill and extended it to her.

anon

"You're welcome to it." Ally answered smoothly with a slight grin. "It's a bit of joke on my part, really." So saying, the figures began waltzing again. "Oops." She spun around to it and snapped her fingers. The figures moved back to into their final kissing position. "Better." With a small laugh, she headed back for the counter again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed, "That's a great joke. How is your control coming?" she asked, a little more seriously. She wasn't going to impose herself on Ally but she wanted to be helpful should Ally want it. Aoi settled down to draw the creation, content to just draw.

Wistful Dream

She took the bill, her fingers brushing against his softly, her breath catching when their skin touched again. There was magic around him, magic he didn't even seem to sense. Tom, he would come back again, his spirit was called here and she hoped, called to her as well.

"Go, and try not to stress to much Mr. Tom, its not good for you. I hope you come back soon." And with that she turned, picking up the dishes and carrying them into the kitchen.

anon

Ally grinned as Ari left to go back to the kitchen before turning back to Aoi. She really did mean no harm by her little jokes. Besides, from what she could sense of Tom, he was a shy one, almost as bad as Ari. Those two needed a little less than subtle nudge. "Ah. It's fine." She was fairly sure that she knew what the other woman was asking about, but didn't feel like explaining or delving into the subject at the moment. "Getting there at any rate." She gave a low chuckle from the counter. "Though I probably wouldn't have that problem to begin with if I spare more attention to closing off my links to them when I'm making them."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "You are great. A great friend and a great baker." She conceded, following Ari's movements to the back. "What were Ari and Mr. Tom's reactions to your creation? I think that a portrait of the two of them reacting to it would be something that Ari would appreciate."

anon

"Why thank you." Ally beamed at Aoi. "You are the first to say that. Usually it's something like: 'get away from the sugar, Ally!' or 'Not another parade of mice!'" Ally giggled. "Their reactions? Let's see...huge embarrassment. Shy attractions. Though," she cringed, "I'm not sure if Ari would appreciate the reminder. What do you think though?" She wiggled her eyebrows as she leaned in, bells jingling again. "Don't they make a cute couple?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed at Ally's facial reactions. "Well, I will always be in here to make drawings of your creations so that more people can appreciate them. I think that maybe I should just do a portrait of Mr. Tom from my point of view, then." She smiled up at Ally, "They do make a cute couple, though."

anon

Ally grinned. "Does that mean that you'll be a regular then? But really...no need to draw down my sculptures. They're meant to be admired then eaten. Quickly." She tapped her chin. "And those two do. Why people resist so much physical attraction, I can never understand." She shook her head, bells chiming again. "Makes absolutely no sense to me."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Kurzyk

He walked from the shop, gazing at the trees along the sidewalk and how they swayed in the wind. She had been so kind. He left feeling free for as he walked the narrow sidewalks toward the hospital, his heart soared with possibility.

He stopped in his tracks and realized he didn't ask her name! He turned to head back, but thought of the meeting, and the events of the day to come. He continued on, but his thoughts still dwelled on her.

He had made a new friend. She had an air to her, a secret perhaps or a beauty undefined that held her. The feel of her fingers against his, when she took his money, sent warmth through him. In that instant a burst of sparrows from a nearby tree flooded the sky and sparkled on the wind.

His cellphone rang. "Yea this is Tom," he answered. "Tell Marcus I'm almost there and to start the meeting."

He turned to the hospital and was soon lost in the sea of people.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi nodded, "Yes, I intend to be a regular and maybe do some dancing with any musicians. Ari and Mr. Tom are probably just shy. I'm sure that they don't know it is that strong or they don't want to seem too forward." She shook her head. "Thank heavens that I will never have to think about anything like that. I am free, a lone wolf so to speak." She looked over Ally again, "What about you?" She asked, conjuring up a 3-D picture of the man from her memory so that she could draw him.

anon

Ally laughed, the bells chiming with her laughter. "Shy would be an understatement." She winked. "I don't believe people should waste their time with playing coy. As for music..." Her expression grew thoughtful. "You can ask Eva? I'm sure she wouldn't mind some live music." She smiled. "Sugar and chocolate are my first and only love. Besides...men..." She stuck her tongue out. "Aren't worth the trouble sometimes." Her expression blanked briefly before she smiled again. "At any rate...I'm somewhat of a lone wolf as well."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi looked thoughtful, grinning wickedly at Ally's quip about men. "I should ask Eva about live music. Lone wolves are the best." She looked down briefly, noting that her drawing was only 3/4 done. She sighs, "Drawing from memory is so hard." she complained mostly to herself.

anon

"Ah?" Ally tilted her head, bells jingling again. Her socks were pink and white this time, small bows attached to the top. She grinned. "You're going to have to talk to Vi about that. I'm a terrible artist. Stick figures are about the best that I can do."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi blushed a little. "I have to get going now. Here take this in payment for the cinnamon bun and monopolizing your time. Could you give this picture to Ari, please?" She handed Ally a $10 and the picture of Mr. Tom. She turned and slowly walked out the door.

anon

Ally blinked at the ten dollar bill that she left her. Dashing over to the counter, she rang up the machine before taking out a change of $8.50. She caught up with Aoi outside of the door and handed the money to her without waiting for her protest. "The talking is on the house, Aoi. Stop on by when you get the time." So saying, she returned back into the shop again.

She smiled a little at the picture that Aoi left, admiring the life-like recreation as she took it back to the kitchen, the plate in her free hand. "Oh Ari," she sang out. "Aoi left a little present for you." Giggling, she placed it on a clean surface in the kitchen for the baker to peruse at her free time.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Solaine

“How are you?  My name is Phaedra,” taking Sophie's hand.  She laughed at the other woman’s ecstatic reactions to the cinnamon rolls and coffee.  “They are, aren’t they? Addictive, I would almost say.”

She turned her head when the door opened and Rex entered.  Again?  She studied the tall blonde man with greenish-blue eyes in complete puzzlement. He really must like this shoppe!  Then she decided to ask him to sit down with Sophie and her when he had procured his rolls and coffee.  She really would like a few answers to her questions about his behavior that day...
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Mordred

He sat there... in a daze for a while. So sure everything was fine when he walked happily and calmly through the door earlier. Yet then the memories like an old grainy film, flooded him. Every few minutes he would raise his coffee to his lips simply to keep up an appearance that he was fine.

Slowly, Rex did finally come 'back'. Before he was even aware of this, he smiled. The smells in this place. But then, also, there were a set of bright violet eyes watching intently. Despite his fear of having questions to answers he is unsure of, Rex smiled and straightened in his chair.

"Phew!", loosening his shirt's top button, "I got warm there for a moment. This coffee is potent. Wonderful, but yes very strong."
*See Pillory*