"Recenlty Viewed By..."

Started by Desan, June 09, 2009, 02:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desan

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Ryven

I wholeheartedly agree with this feature and would love to see it added.

Paradox

I know I'm a month late to all this, but I'd love to see this around as well.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Kurzyk

Thanks to Para posting (thanks man) I'm seeing this for the first time. I'd love to see this as well!

Desan

I'm glad there's a lot of interest in this feature ^^

Vekseid

Quote from: Sir Desan on June 12, 2009, 03:42:21 PM
What needs to be done?

I'd just either extend the session table (eh...) or create a new one that tracked thread visits accordingly. Then you tack on the appropriate code to thread display to update (and prune) the table on thread view. You need to add the thread's result to $context as well, so that the theme can display it.

In principle, it's easier than the ons and offs deal I'm building.

Trieste

Dude... I don't even like that people can see me in Who's Online. If I wasn't staff, I'd be invisible all the time...

Please make sure there is an opt-out? ;_;

Skye

-Invisible Reign poofs in to second Trieste's suggestion.-
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Kurzyk

I can understand that point, and it really doesn't matter who reads our threads I guess.

What counts is the fun of writing it and sharing with the other person. While it would be kinda neat to see if others read it, it really doesn't matter to me either way.

If this is implemented, there should definetly be an option to invis for those that wish it.

Desan

Of course there would be an opt out like discussed before. you could have your thread effectively be private so that you don't see who is reading your threads...and I'd think when you're hidden it shows as +1 hidden or whatever so if you were invisible and someone checked who read their thread, it would show up somethin like

Recently viewed by...
Sir Desan
Vekseid
+3 Hidden <---example (those who are invisible) or...

Maybe put an addition option in your profile that says something like "Do not show me on thread history."

How' that eh?

Quote from: Vekseid on July 12, 2009, 11:15:57 PM
I'd just either extend the session table (eh...) or create a new one that tracked thread visits accordingly. Then you tack on the appropriate code to thread display to update (and prune) the table on thread view. You need to add the thread's result to $context as well, so that the theme can display it.

In principle, it's easier than the ons and offs deal I'm building.

So if it's easier, in principle, would you be in favor on working on this feature as opposed to what you are building now?

Madalina

*Throws in that she thinks this is nifty too >.>*

Nadir

Quote from: Sir Desan on July 12, 2009, 11:57:53 PM

So if it's easier, in principle, would you be in favor on working on this feature as opposed to what you are building now?

Gah!  *pulls a sack over Desan's head* Don't distract the man!

Dakota

Vek's and I seem to be running opposite each other lol i'm more interested in the mobile capability of the software

Ephemera

“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled