Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

mannik

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 30, 2008, 12:26:30 PM
Which scene is that?
The one where they guys are trying to get Quagmire to change his lustful ways and basically have him lie naked on the couch and lower the ceiling fan untill it is just inches away from his crotch, then show him a victoria secret cataloge....

HairyHeretic

*chuckles* Haven't seen that episode. Then again, I was never a huge fan of the show.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 30, 2008, 12:00:54 PM
Can we please round up all the spamscum peddling p3ni5 en1argment p1lls and v1/\gra, and lock them up with those who have already benefited from their products?  :D

Except for the fact that most of them are selling fraudulent product, and therefore nobody's benefited from it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mathim

The kid needs psychiatric help, simple as that. People develop these mental problems at all different ages, mine didn't manifest until I was in my late teens even though it had been building up since childhood. The parents should have been more responsible, yes, but if he snuck out while they were sleeping, well, hell, what do you want from them?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Trieste

Quote from: Silk on December 30, 2008, 11:52:55 AM
Love ya too hun :D

Another example of this strange mental capacity of people is people worrying about police having tasers in the UK, WHAT!? you make it sound like the police will be zapping every person they come across in the street! you only have to worry about tasers if your breaking the law/resisting arrest, or if you have a heart condition... I have a simple awnser for both concerns, DON'T BREAK THE LAW OR RESIST ARREST ITS NOT HARD!"

... because ... people abuse things. I know of at least one case where a man was taser-ed to death in the US, and it was reported that the man was prone. On the ground. And cuffed. It was thought that the cops tased him because he was unresponsive and wouldn't get up.

It's quite naive to assume that people will always use weapons for their intended purpose.

Silk

Yeah but then there is always going to be abusers, why not just punt them around the head with a trungen?

Trieste

That's generally what people try to do, but that invalidates your point of "If you're not resisting arrest you don't have anything to worry about" just a wee little bit.

Mathim

Plus you don't want to make them any more brain-damaged. Or angry.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

VandalSavage

One philosophical point:

I find it curious that we absolve most juvenile offenders of their crimes, or at least punish them to a lesser degree, due a certain recognition of their lack of education and self control, yet we rarely extend such consideration for the circumstances under which offenders over the age of 18 are raised in.

Most offenders I know were abused as children, or raised in an environment of waste, spite, poverty, ignorance and anger, or have drug and alcohol problems stemming from childhood years.  It seems to me that the only difference between them and a 13-year-old offender is that they now have a few more years of a bad upbringing, and more intelligence to devote to self-loathing and contempt for society.  Sure, they could apply that intelligence to changing their evil ways, but couldn't the same be said for a juvenile offender?

The age of majority just seems an arbitrary distinction.  If anything, people usually get worse with age.

madpsyker

Well, is it too late for me to comment on how utterly messed up that whole situation was?
Curiously, I am reminded of an entry on the South American Horned Frog (aka, the "Pacman" frog.)   Mostly because pet owners who have a pacman like to do something similar with albino mice...  Yes, there are a lot of messed up people in the world.

Always

Paradox

Quote from: Always on January 27, 2009, 02:25:36 AM
..I fucking hate little kids.

It's not all little kids that are the problem; just particularly troubled ones like those mentioned in the article.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Oniya

Quote from: madpsyker on December 30, 2008, 11:04:08 PM
Well, is it too late for me to comment on how utterly messed up that whole situation was?
Curiously, I am reminded of an entry on the South American Horned Frog (aka, the "Pacman" frog.)   Mostly because pet owners who have a pacman like to do something similar with albino mice...  Yes, there are a lot of messed up people in the world.

When albino mice make it onto the endangered species list, I'll consider this messed up.  Pacmans (pacmen?) and snakes eat rodents and insects - possibly fish, too.  I know that frogs have motion-sensitive vision, so feeding them dead food is difficult, if not impossible.  Snakes are less picky - I know some people who store 'pinkies' in the freezer and thaw them for meals.

Interestingly enough, I also know people who will buy so-called 'feeder' mice and rats as pets in their own right, since they are bred and socialized to be very docile.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ShrowdedPoet

By the Gods!!!!  I would beat the mess out of my child and lock them up in a psychiatric facility if they pulled that shit!!!  Those poor reptiles!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Torch

With all due respect...

Beating, whipping, and punishing this child is of no value here.  At the risk of sounding like an armchair psychiatrist, this child is obviously well on his way to a diagnosis of APD - Antisocial Personality Disorder.  Or more commonly known as sociopathic behavior. A psycopath, if you will.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy...take your pick of serial killers, because every single one of them exhibited the exact same behavioral diagnosis.  And no, I'm not against corporal punishment by any means.  My children have received spankings when warranted.  But nothing, repeat, nothing will help this child other than permanent placement in the long-term mental health facility of your choice.  Sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated or cured.  The only cure is complete segregation from society, for his own safety and the safety of others around him.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Pixilicious

This is the first mean thing most you will here me say since joining this site, but..Feed him to the crocodile and see how he likes it.  That's disgusting.  Throw his bottom in juvenile detention.  That should keep him away from society, if he is indeed a sociopath.
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

overfiend87

I personally want to rip out his own intestines and strangle him with them that little prick! It's disgusting for such a thing to have happened and for him to get away with it. I think the head of the zoo should do what he suggested and take the family to court. They will have their son even more if he's costing them a years wages or so.
Here's my request thread. Dominant Sub, male or female, I don't mind: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28850.0

Torch

Quote from: Pixilicious on January 27, 2009, 01:53:58 PM
  Throw his bottom in juvenile detention.  That should keep him away from society, if he is indeed a sociopath.

Unfortunately, only until his 18th birthday.

Then he walks out with a criminal record pure as the driven snow, as juvenile records are sealed.  (Disclaimer: I'm speaking of the US, have no idea what the policies are Down Under)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Greenthorn

Can I just make a simple reminder that 1) This is a public thread and 2) This is about a child.

Think we could be a bit more mature and debate this in a less abrasive manner?  Using curse words to describe your anger really is not conducive to the topic.

Inkidu

Quote from: Torch on January 27, 2009, 01:22:10 PM
With all due respect...

Beating, whipping, and punishing this child is of no value here.  At the risk of sounding like an armchair psychiatrist, this child is obviously well on his way to a diagnosis of APD - Antisocial Personality Disorder.  Or more commonly known as sociopathic behavior. A psycopath, if you will.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy...take your pick of serial killers, because every single one of them exhibited the exact same behavioral diagnosis.  And no, I'm not against corporal punishment by any means.  My children have received spankings when warranted.  But nothing, repeat, nothing will help this child other than permanent placement in the long-term mental health facility of your choice.  Sociopaths cannot be rehabilitated or cured.  The only cure is complete segregation from society, for his own safety and the safety of others around him.

There are just mean little kids in the world. Plus there are plenty of people with APD who don't turn out to be serial killers. I still think what makes a serial killer a serial killer has more to do with right and wrong than chemical imbalances.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

overfiend87

Quote from: Inkidu on January 27, 2009, 03:16:44 PM
There are just mean little kids in the world. Plus there are plenty of people with APD who don't turn out to be serial killers. I still think what makes a serial killer a serial killer has more to do with right and wrong than chemical imbalances.
yeah. Quite a few just one day snap from stress or something like that.
Here's my request thread. Dominant Sub, male or female, I don't mind: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28850.0

Inkidu

Quote from: overfiend87 on January 27, 2009, 03:22:01 PM
yeah. Quite a few just one day snap from stress or something like that.
And just because the person snaps doesn't mean they're going to go on a rampage. I'm sure more cases are self-destructive in nature.

overfiend87

Quote from: Inkidu on January 27, 2009, 03:24:49 PM
And just because the person snaps doesn't mean they're going to go on a rampage. I'm sure more cases are self-destructive in nature.
perhaps, but the human mind is impossible to understand. We can understand it's biological functions to a degree, but there's many theories about how our dreams work and how the ideas of creative minds work.