News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Beast Wars

Started by Aragem, December 25, 2008, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

I was wondering if anyone was interested in a E came centering around Beast Wars.  If you don't know what it is it, it's a popular 90's CGI animated show based on Transformers.  Except transforming into vehicles and planes, the transformers transformed into animals. 

Just google it and you'll find loads of info about it.

Of course the requirements are that you have to be very familiar with the characters and the plot.  If enough people are interested, I may run this game or perhaps someone else could. 

Tonalberry

Oh man, talk about nostalgic.  I used to watch this all the time when I was younger.  Would we be playing existing characters, or created ones?

Aragem

Well, personally, I prefer to play an original character, however, for us to have a game we got to have people playing canon characters as well. More of canon characters and less OCs.

EDITED:  UGH!!!  My brain left me!!!!

Tonalberry

Lol, well, since you just used original characters four times, and only original characters, I assume you mean with need both original characters and pre-existing characters.

Aragem

Sorry, made the correction.  Brain left me.  Been setting up a Wii Console. 

But yeah, we need more canon characters than OCs.

Tonalberry

That's cool.  Wouldn't mind playing an existing character, and if we need one and I can pull it off, an original character as well.  Any idea when it would take place?  I'm more familiar with the earlier season/s than the latter ones.

Aragem

Good question.  Depends on how many people want to do what season.  I would like to do the latter season because I like Depth Charge, however, I feel that more people are into Dinobot so we would have to do an earlier season.

Tonalberry

Wait, Dinobot dies at some point or something?  Sorry, I haven't seen the whole series.

Aragem

He dies a little after midway of season 2.  So most likely it could take place in season 2 before his death, or we could write out his death altogether, but I'll leave that up to the players.

Tonalberry

So was the start of season two when one of the moons was revealed to be Unicron's head, who burned away at the planet's surface or whatever?  I need to go download the series and watch it again.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Tonalberry on December 25, 2008, 09:21:23 PM
I need to go download the series and watch it again.

*cough*rule 4*cough*

QuoteObey the law. Do not advocate illegal behavior or post illegal material. Videos and photos of bestiality are therefore not permitted, nor is warez, sharing illegal pdfs, and so on.

You obviously mean simply find the series and watch it again .. right? :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aragem

Yeah, I think you do too.  The moon turned out to be a weapon by the Vok.  It was destroyed, but I won't go into details, but I will say that it played a HUGE plot point in the series.  It revealed however that it was really earth they had landed on.  Unicron did make a guest appearance, though he was the image protrayed by the Vok to communicate with Primal.

They are all out on DVD now.  All three seasons along with Beast Machines.

Tonalberry

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 25, 2008, 09:25:06 PM
*cough*rule 4*cough*

You obviously mean simply find the series and watch it again .. right? :)

*cough* erm..yes..yes of course I do..

Quote from: Aragem on December 25, 2008, 09:26:03 PM
Yeah, I think you do too.  The moon turned out to be a weapon by the Vok.  It was destroyed, but I won't go into details, but I will say that it played a HUGE plot point in the series.  It revealed however that it was really earth they had landed on.  Unicron did make a guest appearance, though he was the image protrayed by the Vok to communicate with Primal.

They are all out on DVD now.  All three seasons along with Beast Machines.

Oh, I kinda figured that it was Earth.  And I've seen the last episode, and thought it as hilarious, the thing with Megatron and all.  Won't say it if anyone's reading and doesn't want spoilers.

Aragem

It's a really good series.  In the beginning, it does come across a bit kiddie, but it gets more mature as it progresses.

Tonalberry

I remember when Tigerhawk appeared, and I was like 'Wait, that's Tigatron and Airazor?  So, does that make him/her/them a hermaphrodite?

Aragem

I wouldn't put too much thought into.  A lot of transformer fans think of them as adrygonus.  Not male or female.

Tonalberry

So is this planned to be an adult game or not? 

Aragem

Well, yes, it could have adult themes.  However, these are robots that we are talking about.  There is a fic by Koi Lungfish about them having sexual body parts of their animal forms.  It's a pretty good read, though disturbing. 

For one thing, I don't want them to have normal human parts.  They are NOT human by any means.  So this game would be station in either Exotic or Extreme pending on what content we'll have in it.

Tonalberry

That's cool.  I can do games without sex or anything like it.  The first game I started when I joined up, which I'm still running with Haylie has reached close to 150 posts, and there's only been a light sexual scene in it, and there wasn't even any actual sex.  We're just now reaching the part that'll make it fit the Light: Human Solos section it's in.

playfullchick76

i remember beast wars well, and i remember the very last episode, waspinator in charge of the primitive human tribes. I didnt watch every episode, but i saw enough of them. I did have msyelf in that, but not as a maximal or predacon. I had myself down as human, but in a sort of battlemech,but not.It could transform, and was well armed

I thought up how i arrived looking for the maximals, perhaps i volunteered to look for them, and while on the search grid, my ship was damaged and crashed. I would board my mech and defend myself from the initial predacon attack.

I dont know if that fits in at all, probably not, but, its what i thought up all those years ago.