Seeking RPG Game Table Top/Any

Started by Aikochan, June 20, 2011, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aikochan

I am seeking to play a RPG game of sorts be it D&D, White Wolf, Big Eyes Small Mouth, Or whatever game people want to do. Or I could join in a game.

I am also seeking any kind of RP Game at all.

I have all kinds of RPG books and if I do not I can always get them so I am very open. I am new here but not new to gaming, rping, and writing.

HairyHeretic

Are you looking to GM as well, or just play?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aikochan

I could do either or honestly. I do prefer to play but! I can gm it all depends on the game type. I am only good at gming certain games.

Shimeka

Hello Aikochan! Are you still looking for a partner?

Aikochan

Yes I am shimeka! I haven't gotten any replies yet or anything. So I would be glad to do something with you.

Kuje

Heya,

I'm willing to make a character because right now I have three online games where I'm DMing.

Aikochan

what are you gming? I would love to join in. Or do something Let me know.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 08:26:39 PM
what are you gming? I would love to join in. Or do something Let me know.

Ah, one is a play by post game I've been running for awhile over on the Roleplaying Online boards, and I'm working on resurrecting a old play by email game from about five years ago.

So, right now I'd love to play a character instead. I'm up for anything.

Aikochan

I can do play by post, You just have to tell me what kind of character I can make or what game it is so I can make the character. I really can't do email by post because I am not accepted. Is the play by post on this forum.

What games I can run. I can run a modified exalted, a straight starwars d6 system, or d20 system but I gotta wing it. I can do white wolf games too, vampire, werewolf. Thats about it. I can't do real good D&D, or Paladium. I CAN run them but they won't be good.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 09:14:19 PM
I can do play by post, You just have to tell me what kind of character I can make or what game it is so I can make the character. I really can't do email by post because I am not accepted. Is the play by post on this forum.

What games I can run. I can run a modified exalted, a straight starwars d6 system, or d20 system but I gotta wing it. I can do white wolf games too, vampire, werewolf. Thats about it. I can't do real good D&D, or Paladium. I CAN run them but they won't be good.

Ah, nah, neither of my current games are on this site. :)

I think I have a d6 star wars book somewhere, it's been years since I used it, so I'm not sure where I stuck it. LOL.

I don't have any of the rulebooks for exalted, or white wolf books but I could always run to the hobby shop for some, if you could give me some pointers on what to buy.

However, I do have tons of d20 books, mostly dungeons and dragons, and pathfinder.

But as I said, I'm more then willing to run to the hobby shop and pick up some books of a system that you might know more about then I do, as long as you're willing to show me what I might need to purchase.

Narcissa

I'd be interested in making a character and joining in.  I've only played D&D but wouldn't mind trying something else out.
Narcissa, like-
I have a mirror fetish.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 09:14:19 PM

And I sort of skipped this part, so sorry.

Right now it's a D&D game on the Rpol/Roleplaying Online play by post boards. And like many of my games, it's set in the Forgotten Realms, so you would need either the 3e or 3.5e or pathfinder rules.

Aikochan

Ok dearie, Its up to you though. If you want me to run or if you want to run those d20 books. Let me know. Pick a game you want me to run. I don't care *smile*

Here are your options in better detail.

Starwars D6 (I am really good at this and do not mind running)
D&D (I do have all the books from 2nd ed, 3rd, 3.5, and 4th) Somewhere but I will get headaches if I run this too often)
White Wolf (I have Vampire and Werewolf) (this could give me a bit of a headache)
Exalted (White Wolf game, and I have all the books for this) I am new to the game so I may not run this correctly and you would play in my own world using the same rules as a basis I know them well enough, just not sure on everything in the game world and where things are and how much things i have to throw at you if you go to certain locations. But where I would start you off I know this area fully. So I can do this) This wouldn't give me much of a headache *grin*
Big Eyes Small Mouth (Anime game, I just don't know how do health points to make enemies worth while I can wing it for story value) (headache possibility unless its a funny game then I will not get a headache)
Paladium (I can run anything in this period I know everything there is to know about this game) I have to find the books though. (Headache possibility)
Ummm if you want me to run something else just tell me and I will find the books and read them to make something up to run.

I don't mind running any of these at all. Don't get me wrong when I say headache I just mean I can't run this constantly and multiple times a day. So I just can't run them as much as I would like to but if you don't mind a post a day or every couple of days then its fine pick them. Starwars can also give me a headache too if I do it too long. Is why I don't GM often. I don't mind it though! *giggles* its hard to explain. I will warn you if I can't keep going and need a break ok? So Really Headache just means I need breaks and can't run every day.

Aikochan

Quote from: Narcissa on June 21, 2011, 09:35:16 PM
I'd be interested in making a character and joining in.  I've only played D&D but wouldn't mind trying something else out.
Sure! Pick a game that you all can agree on if you want to learn I will teach you. If you want to do multiple players at the same time. Or rather I mean if you want to play with Kuje, or if you want to solo. Just say something. *smiles*

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 09:45:28 PM
Ok dearie, Its up to you though. If you want me to run or if you want to run those d20 books. Let me know. Pick a game you want me to run. I don't care *smile*

Here are your options in better detail.

Starwars D6 (I am really good at this and do not mind running)
D&D (I do have all the books from 2nd ed, 3rd, 3.5, and 4th) Somewhere but I will get headaches if I run this too often)
White Wolf (I have Vampire and Werewolf) (this could give me a bit of a headache)
Exalted (White Wolf game, and I have all the books for this) I am new to the game so I may not run this correctly and you would play in my own world using the same rules as a basis I know them well enough, just not sure on everything in the game world and where things are and how much things i have to throw at you if you go to certain locations. But where I would start you off I know this area fully. So I can do this) This wouldn't give me much of a headache *grin*
Big Eyes Small Mouth (Anime game, I just don't know how do health points to make enemies worth while I can wing it for story value) (headache possibility unless its a funny game then I will not get a headache)
Paladium (I can run anything in this period I know everything there is to know about this game) I have to find the books though. (Headache possibility)
Ummm if you want me to run something else just tell me and I will find the books and read them to make something up to run.

I don't mind running any of these at all. Don't get me wrong when I say headache I just mean I can't run this constantly and multiple times a day. So I just can't run them as much as I would like to but if you don't mind a post a day or every couple of days then its fine pick them. Starwars can also give me a headache too if I do it too long. Is why I don't GM often. I don't mind it though! *giggles* its hard to explain. I will warn you if I can't keep going and need a break ok? So Really Headache just means I need breaks and can't run every day.

I don't mind posts every other day, or whenever you find the time to reply. That doesn't bother me at all.  :)

Hmm, as for those choices, Exalted looks kind of interesting.

I do have the core rule book for d6 star wars, as I said, somewhere. :) I probably haven't used it since the 90's, so I'd have to go hunting for it.

I'm more then willing to also try the white wolf games.

If I remember Paladium, I think I have one of the books for that around here but that's the game with pages and pages of charts, isn't it? If it is what I'm thinking, that game made me whimper with all those charts. Grins.

The only ones I wouldn't have to go to the game store for would be 2e and 3/3.5e D&D. That said, truly, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow or the next day, I can take a trip to the hobby store and try to see if they have a copy of any of the white wolf systems.

Exalted really looks pretty interesting, least from the web pages I was looking at about it, and it sounds like that would be easier on you to run.

Aikochan

Quote from: Kuje on June 21, 2011, 09:57:43 PM
I don't mind posts every other day, or whenever you find the time to reply. That doesn't bother me at all.  :)

Hmm, as for those choices, Exalted looks kind of interesting.

I do have the core rule book for d6 star wars, as I said, somewhere. :) I probably haven't used it since the 90's, so I'd have to go hunting for it.

I'm more then willing to also try the white wolf games.

If I remember Paladium, I think I have one of the books for that around here but that's the game with pages and pages of charts, isn't it? If it is what I'm thinking, that game made me whimper with all those charts. Grins.

The only ones I wouldn't have to go to the game store for would be 2e and 3/3.5e D&D. That said, truly, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow or the next day, I can take a trip to the hobby store and try to see if they have a copy of any of the white wolf systems.

Exalted really looks pretty interesting, least from the web pages I was looking at about it, and it sounds like that would be easier on you to run.
Ok then pick one :) Exalted is very interesting game its awesome. However you play sorta like a god pending what you want to play. I can run Lunars, Solars, and fairfolk. Its like an anime game on crack. Its more about story however.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 10:13:18 PM
Ok then pick one :) Exalted is very interesting game its awesome. However you play sorta like a god pending what you want to play. I can run Lunars, Solars, and fairfolk. Its like an anime game on crack. Its more about story however.

Exalted really does look pretty knifty, so that works for me.

And I just remembered, I could by a digit copy online, at least to read through and try to make a character without waiting to go to the hobby store, which I still would do tomorrow.

Aikochan

Let me help you with the character bit, and yes you can buy the pdf. That is what I did. Just read over character caste's to give you an idea on what classes you can play. For now to get an idea of what you want to play and then I can give you ideas for your character and then you can read over the book.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 11:11:14 PM
Let me help you with the character bit, and yes you can buy the pdf. That is what I did. Just read over character caste's to give you an idea on what classes you can play. For now to get an idea of what you want to play and then I can give you ideas for your character and then you can read over the book.

Looking at the char creation section of the 2nd edition core book but I'll flip to the caste section. And I also picked up the fey PDF. :)

Aikochan

Thats cool! Yay! we got an exalted player now! Anyone else want to join up for an exalted game now?!

Kuje: I am glad you picked up 2nd ed thats the one I use and only one I used. Its the solar book and the only book you really need to be a player. Other books you might want to check out are.

These are the other races in the game.

Dragon Blooded (One of the most biggest other exalted type in the game. They are the bad guys of the game but also are the good guys that help solars and how their supposed to be)
Lunar (Animal People that can transform into other people, animals and all sorts of things) Lunars are also the solar mates (Husband/Wives) thats just the way the game is. Every solar has a lunar mate but you don't have to have one if you play it.
Siderial (only if you want to be weird)
Fairfolk (Soul Eatting Monsters that live off dreams and emotions) Fairytales
Abyssal (Evil Solars)
Infernal (Demons)

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 21, 2011, 11:20:23 PM
Thats cool! Yay! we got an exalted player now! Anyone else want to join up for an exalted game now?!

Kuje: I am glad you picked up 2nd ed thats the one I use and only one I used. Its the solar book and the only book you really need to be a player. Other books you might want to check out are.

These are the other races in the game.

Dragon Blooded (One of the most biggest other exalted type in the game. They are the bad guys of the game but also are the good guys that help solars and how their supposed to be)
Lunar (Animal People that can transform into other people, animals and all sorts of things) Lunars are also the solar mates (Husband/Wives) thats just the way the game is. Every solar has a lunar mate but you don't have to have one if you play it.
Siderial (only if you want to be weird)
Fairfolk (Soul Eatting Monsters that live off dreams and emotions) Fairytales
Abyssal (Evil Solars)
Infernal (Demons)

Nod nod, the fairfolk one was the one I picked up that I mentioned earlier. But huh, the Lunar's sound interesting to.

So, I'm thinking I'd like the Twilight Caste

Aikochan

Ok You gotta get the errata too by the way. But that is cool about you getting the fairfolk book. Their fun and insane. Twilights are sorcerors and knowledge seekers (Primarily) they can be anything however but they can be fighters as well. Its what you want to do. Magic is not like D&D, magic is a tool, Utility. You need to download the new character creation stuff for solars from the whitewolf area.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 12:29:14 AM
Ok You gotta get the errata too by the way. But that is cool about you getting the fairfolk book. Their fun and insane. Twilights are sorcerors and knowledge seekers (Primarily) they can be anything however but they can be fighters as well. Its what you want to do. Magic is not like D&D, magic is a tool, Utility. You need to download the new character creation stuff for solars from the whitewolf area.

Yeah, really digging the Twilight Caste.

Errata, right, uh, have to find that. And new char creation stuff?

Aikochan

Ya there are new charms for the game, and some of the old charms got better. The new solar creation rules basicly only change the freebie point chart.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 12:51:04 AM
Ya there are new charms for the game, and some of the old charms got better. The new solar creation rules basicly only change the freebie point chart.

Ah, I'm not sure where to find those char changes.

But I did find the errata. :)