The Encroaching Madness - alt historical Earth, Recruitment

Started by TheGrandAdmiral, January 23, 2021, 08:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihinka

Yes, thank you so much for the approval! I managed to find my way around to the other threads and am currently catching up on what's been happening in the game ;D

And I can wait on being introduced. I still have some work to do about properly setting up my profile for this forum XD
How Do You Wanna Do This?!?
My O_Os - Updated 30/05/21 with some characters I'd like to find a home for

TheGrandAdmiral

There are some openings to the second subplot which involves the Voynitch Manuscript, some cults' shenanigans  ;D

TheGrandAdmiral

Still open for new faces!

Need people for a second plot involving vampires, mysterious manuscript (the Voynitch one) and other mysteries.

Chi

I'm reading through the story now, and it looks cool!

Is there room for an under-tall girl from either the middle ages or possibly an alternate Earth who got dragged to the 1930s somehow? Blades are her specialty, though she does have her trusty bow. I couldn't find an actual photo of what she's like so I can only offer a screenshot of one of my characters from Skyrim as some sort of frame of reference! LMAO

Feline.. Call her Fah-LEEN

Above the Riften Market lol
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

TheGrandAdmiral

Thank you for your interest! Either option sound interesting so whichever you prefer.

Chi

I'm leaning to alternate timeline/universe. Where she had a personal vendetta against that line's dark man.

She's going to be... different lol

Chi

QuoteBullets, blades, tentacles, buildings falling on him...all the same as the next guy.

OMFG!!!

I read Testicles!!!

* Chi fucking dies laughing!!!!

Chi

Mouse is very loosely based on me. I did do gymnastics but could stumble so yeah, she has to too. While I've never used a sword or dirk, I'm very handy with a knife in the kitchen. I was on the archery team at my high school three of the four years I stood at the line. Her speech comes from my Irish grandparents, though it's been thrown together with Eliza from My Fair Lady... AAAAOOOOOWWWW! heehee. I got 'feckin' eejit' from my gran lolol

I'm also short, just not as short as Mouse hehe

TheGrandAdmiral

So now that we are at the last 1/3 of the first "episode", decided to do another recruitment round.

LewdiKris

Not sure if this is where you wanted the characters here, but saw it show up on the discord. So, this is me shooting my shot.

This is Ms. Mary Aldmyre, a woman who enjoys dabbling with magic and exploring the edges of human experience. She is an heiress, a dilettante and  is fashionably notorious in certain upperclass circles. Since her father's mysterious death via a supernatural compulsion to drink a lethal amount of wine in their cellar, she has been obsessed with two things. Magic, and excess.

Turns out, that the CS template you gave had a scroll bar xD. Oops. here's the complete picture. I'm happy to modify her for any story requirements. Thanks for checking her out.

Name:
Nationality (Race if a Magical Creature): English

Sexual Preferences: Open to all.

Physical description (picture if applicable):
A petite, yell well endowed woman with thick, black hair. She often tends towards wearing old-fashioned gowns and dressed though modified to match her wild, wilful nature, when she can get away with it, usually black with white trim. Though she is happy to pull a pair of trousers on with some ankle-length riding boots when practicality is a concern. Her eyes are a dark brown, almost dark enough to be black. Her skin is an alabaster white, that seems to almost glow under the touch of lamplight. She has wide, sturdy hips, a narrow (often corset-enhanced) waist, and a long slender neck. Her small breasts are full and high, often displayed delicately by her neckline. Her face is round, with high cheekbones and a pair of thin, though full lips that are a natural dark red, the colour of some forbidden fruit

Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 85 lb
    Skin color: Very pale
    Hair color: Black
    Eye color: Dark, dark brown

Personality: Ms. Aldmyre is a charmer and a manipulator. She has been a social mover since her youth, always attending the high society parties, both those large and well-reported. as well as those more quietly put together and whispered about. Her first love has always been the navigation of the various desires, dislikes, fears, and hopes of others, taking each step in a waltz that her partner doesn't know they are dancing. That is not to say that she is cruel or sociopathic, she enjoys seeing a full range of human emotions which, when combined with her innate curiosity, often leads her to drive people toward their own greatest desires.

She is self-centered though, her own future and influence are always present in her thoughts. Unsurprisingly, this means that if another's own needs conflict with hers, she can be ruthless. Beyond this central pillar of her psyche, she is a warm and bright spirit. She has a love of good humour, extravagant consumption, and intimate connection. She has little time for the prejudices and traditions of others, excepting where they serve her purposes, instead much preferring the novel, the new, and the strange. This leads to her often surrounding herself with outcasts and pariahs, her own wealth and status shielding her reputation from taint and allowing her to draw these thinkers, artists, and explorers of human (and non-human) experience into the light without over-exposing them.

Ms. Aldmyre's most notorious feature her appetites. Though rarely spoken of outright and in polite company, people whisper of her carnal desires. They whisper of decadent meals of rare and exotic meats, of no-expense-spared tasting of rare wines and spirits, and of performative, intoxicated orgies. Ms. Aldmyre keeps plausible deniability around this, playing coy and hinting at their existence but never confirming.

Finally, of note. Is Aldmyre's deep fascination with magic and the magical world. She keeps her research and experimentation secret, with only those in her inner circle getting a sense of the power she seeks and the knowledge she has obtained. Like a moth to a flame, she is always drawn to the eldritch, shadowy, and enigmatic reality of magic.

Quirks: Excellent sense of taste, minor magical knowledge, well-connected
    Likes/dislikes: Loves vices and excess, likes people with interesting stories/origins, likes magic and that which comes along with it. Dislikes traditionalism, authoritarianism and prudishness.
    Strengths/weaknesses: Charming, clever and alluring. She is also magically capable, but only shallowly. she is not athletic, or trained in any kind of combat. She's also very curious, which has led her into trouble on more than one occasion

Weapons: Her Parasol contains a concealed, one shot pistol.
Short Bio:  Harvey Aldmyre was an industrialist and magnate whose name can be found all over the infrastructure of Great Britain. His immense fortune, magnetic charisma, and charitable works made him a beloved figure in British people's minds, especially during the turn of the century. When his one and only child was born and his wife Belinda Aldmyre died during the birthing, he dedicated himself to making his little girl a formidable woman, the current society's expectations be damned. This didn't work very well, he discovered (as many would) that his daughter's independent spirit and curiosity made it impossible to wrangle her.

He was proud of her though, unfortunately, once she reached womanhood tragedy struck. Her father had discovered something dark, something compelling in the shadows of a rare book collection stored beneath the British museum. Mary was unaware of this, too deeply sunk into her own compulsions. However, when she came home one day to find her father in their cellar, dead and surrounded by spilled wine. Her life was changed irrevocably. Apparently, Harvey Aldmyre had drunk so much of the rich liquid that he had literally drowned. It was ruled a suicide and hushed in the media. But Ms. Aldmyre, now the beneficiary of a vast fortune, was convinced that there was more to it than that. She studied her father's private journals and found intriguing hints at his discoveries.

Ms. Almyre has spent the intervening years seeking a center to this mystery, which took her to many odd and strange places and people. She has found almost nothing to clarify her father's death, but her seeking has given her insight and connection to much that most people are blissfully unaware of. Now, with the passig of the comet and the strange events around the world, she has decided to wield her beauty, wealth, magical insight, and curious nature to see if she can help to save the future.

ff

cool!

such a tragic and unforseeable accident, Daddy's death by excess  ::)

LewdiKris

Quote from: ff on March 24, 2023, 07:16:08 PM
cool!

such a tragic and unforseeable accident, Daddy's death by excess  ::)

What can I see, I like a strong theme xD

TheGrandAdmiral

Yes, it is the right place :)

Looks interesting,  will need a bit more like the personality part and short bio :)

LewdiKris

Edited and completed the template (My powers of observation astound even me, sometimes). Let me know what you think.

TheGrandAdmiral

No problem :)

Looks good and I can see where she will fit in.

Just a note Halley's comet had already passed. We are in the 1930s. Just a note to edit in the bio.

Andronica

TheGrandAdmiral

That is interesting but a bit tough as they are mostly moving around 1930s London and magical creatures are considered a myth.

TheGrandAdmiral

Yeah, I am sorry, just would have been a bit of a stretch, but thank you for your interest!

SufferingPride

SufferingPride

When it comes to magical creatures, obviously there is the issue with moving around 1930s London without getting caught, and we cant make angels/demons/spirits, but are there any other limitations? Like do they need a kryptonite or equal balance of weaknesses or is it just rule of cool/dont make the DM cry intentionally?

TheGrandAdmiral

No other limitation they just need to be able to move around and be able to reasonably cover their true nature. For example you can't have an orc/troll/goblin walk around, unless they use some way to cover their skin color and tusks.

In terms of power, I give enough leeway, but the character should not be too overpowered to solve the problems only by themselves.

SufferingPride

Hope this meets to your liking :) let me know if there is anything I should change or add!

Name: Donathen Fisher (Human name, as true name is unpronounceable)
    Nationality (Race if a Magical Creature): Merman
    Sexual Preferences: Other merfolk (is not opposed to other species, but due to needing to hide himself he doesn't get involved in casual relationships)
    Physical description (picture if applicable): In human form he resembles an average looking British man. In his true form he is a massive aquatic creature of shimmering scales and colorful fins.
    Height: 5’10 (human form), 12ft (true form)
    Weight: 160 lbs (human form), 1500 lbs (true form)
    Skin color: Caucasian (human form), Blue-Green (true form)
    Hair color: Dirty Blonde (human form), None (true form)
    Eye color: Grey (both)
    Personality: He gives the air of a quiet, polite, and reserved bookworm most of the time. Can be rather cold and critical.
    Quirks: Socially awkward and often lost in his own thoughts.
    Dislikes: Most humans (dirty, rude, and little regard to nature around them)
    Strengths: Incredibly strong despite how his human form appears, absurdly so in his true form. Not a fast runner by any means, and gets easily winded on land, but can swim as fast as 50 miles per hour. He is a trained fighter, but sadly (or thankfully) rather inexperienced with actually having to fight anyone.
    Weaknesses: Splashing salt or sea water on him will cause the parts of his body that had become wet to revert back to his true form and will only reform to human once that area is completely dry. Purified water or fresh water does not force this effect.
    Weapons: A whale-bone spear, his teeth, and claws.
    Short Bio: Donathen came to the surface 14 years prior in order to study human technology in an effort to help his people adapt and overcome the effects that the industrial revolution has had on their marine life, as well as a sort of spy to prevent their civilization from being discovered by humans. He has studied at the University of Liverpool, and has since come to work as researcher for the London Science Museum. Although he has travelled to his homeland under the waves while on long holidays, he spends the majority of his life on land.
Merfolk place their shamans and other species magical kin in high regard. As portents, visions, and omens have helped their kind survive throughout the centuries. Though Donathen is not magically inclined, he knows that the movements of the stars and the passing of a great comet are more than simple astrological events. And the strange stories he has been hearing have led him to believe that he cannot simply stay on the sidelines for. If he is meant to be here to save his people, then surely this is a sign that he's in the right place.

TheGrandAdmiral

Ooh, perfect! Needed a merperson as Atlantis is part of the plot and he will fit!

Please post him in the CS thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=329317.0

Here is the OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=329318.0

And here is the Game thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=329316.0

There are also a NSFW thread and Secondary Plots thread but it is a bit too early for that :)

I can also invite you to our Discord channel, we use it mostly for Image sharing and OOC communication. I make important announcements both there and in the OOC thread here. Please PM me if you would like an invite. I prefer direct discord communication for quick questions and discussion of preferences as to how to fit the character as well as ideas. But that can also be done via a PM :)

I will be making my next update this week, so there should be a tag for your character as well.